/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Last thread: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

What, in all your earthly longings and desires, do you truly wish you could be/do? Say you get 1 wish, and only 1 without any loopholes whatsoever--what would you wish for?

I'm curious. I want the real answer, too. Not the edgy "I'd wish for everything to cease to exist" answer that some of you would come up with. What is it that you want most of all, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/jaOSV
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

happiness (via waifu)

PPP+ when?

I don't care, as long as it's posted in .pdf form

Does ''Becoming a cute magical girl and going on lighthearted adventures with your squad of cute magical girls forever'' count?

Better question.

Traveller 2.0 when?

So I finally got around to updating Obscura.
Not much to say outside of feel free to leave any feedback.

Assuming that omnipotence is too tall an order, I'd like to retroactively convert one CYOA into reality. Which one specifically I'm not sure, as I've many favorites. Something universal with potential for conflict, like Traveller or Universal War, maybe.

Let me know what you'd like to see in an update

Changlog and is it still possible to be in a relationship with Ruka?

I’m glad items are no longer split between pages

Actually, never fucking mind. I fucked up again and posted the wrong image. This is the actual P1. Fully updated P1. Not half-assed shitty P1.

Something detailing spells would be nice as the trait is "Choose a spell" but there is no spells. And maybe tuning down the "You can't kill shit" i understand that you are not supposed to be an adventurer capable of killing a thousand goblins using only your teeth but right here it kinda makes you feel like a complete spineless weakling at least in my opinion.

That's wrong since PPP>traveler tho.

Answer my question about Ruka nerd.

Well, it's a single basic spell. Any starter spell you might get in an RPG.

Just take Lore and job change to Blue Mage.

Imma say what I answered when folks asked that last time:
"If you can write it and have it make sense in the setting, go for it."
The changelog, or a TL;DR version of it, would be:
-Changed up some of the stuff in the "Past" section.
-Added the "Industrial" and "DYI" flat styles
-Added "Old Station" and "Roch's Hill" as new locations.
-Removed some extras that I though were useless tat, leaving all extras in the 1st page only.
-Flat styles now come with an added extra.
-Added Lilly, Pietro, William, Timothy, Jon, Frankie, Keith and Marcie as neighbors.
-Placed Landlords above Locations.

Forget PPP+. When is the New World remake?

If I expand on the spell Trait, it would only be in its description. A new section would feel unnecessary and redundant since it's basically just letting you repurpose Traits as spells in that section. Adding them to the Traits list, on the other hand, would make the Spells list too small and the Traits list too diluted. As it is, and as said, it allows players to think back on what they believe to be an appropriate spell (although maybe not Blue Magic).

I'm starting to agree with you on your second point, though, and I'll consider how I can tweak the intro and other related sections to change that. You're right in that it does tend to railroad you into "spinelessness", and railroading in general is something I tried to stay away from.

It's an attractive companions page; you chose lively-looking characters with complementary and contrasting color schemes. It's a rare enough thing to be noticeable. I will play through it tomorrow, but I'm dead-tired right now and can't afford thoughts that are longer than "I chose these options because they make sense."

When my finals are over.

I chose the best set of 12 from 36 I had written, so I sure hope so.

I do not intend to release the other 24 at this time. They would make the CYOA much too imbalanced in favor of companions. However, I may repurpose them for other works.

Godspeed man looking forward to the update.

What is ppp+?

>Newfag
is an update for the Pokemon Personified CYOA by Italics

The old version can be found in the pastebin via OP. Recommend using the mega file. It is a neat, organized archive of cyoas.

Do you guys think this world map for Fantasy Nation Builder is alright?

This is just a barebones, I'll pretty it up at another time.

>Say you get 1 wish, and only 1 without any loopholes whatsoever--what would you wish for?
I get a CYOA to be real for me. I could choose Stardust or Traveller or Monster Hunter or Urban Unease or a Generic Waifu builder, etc.

Think you'll be done in time for Christmas? I know finals week can be a bitch and a half. Alsom thank for being a content creator on this shithole. Appreciate it.

MissingNo. (Ghost)
>TBS of 0, ∞ purchased = 0P
MissingNo. (Kabutops Fossil)
MissingNo. (Aerodactyl Fossil)
p PkMnp' '
>TBS of 113, 1 purchased = 1P
??????????

>TBS of 710, 1 purchased = 7P
3TrainerPoké $
>TBS of 961, 1 purchased = 9P
'M (FF)
>TBS of 510, 1 purchased = 5P
'M (00)
>TBS of 234, 1 purchased = 2P

Food = 3P
Carnivore = 3P
Free Lunch = 3P
Psychic Gift = 6P
Skilled (Psychic) = 3P
Savant = 1P
Interpreter = 3P
Pokeglot = 2P

2P left over, that's fine

Time to sow some havoc with my perfectly stable glitches and our psychic link. With the exception of 'M (FF) which I'll have to take special precautions with, lest I end up unleashing the reality breaking effects... 'M (00) can multiply any items, p PkMnp' ' can transmutate any items, while the rest have their own unique fun to add to the mix.

>pic related, official art of four of my choices

If you choose Stardust or Monster Hunter, would you bring us with you? I actually think I would, even knowing it would probably be an awful idea.

That said, I’d get a Time Stop Chill Zone for myself

Is it just me or is this map deliberately trying to make funny faces? The nose bleed dragon is the most notable.

>Think you'll be done in time for Christmas. High chance of yes.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a distorted Eurasia, with the upper half of Africa.

Here's something I made a while back

Hey man, its your world.

I must ask though, with a world map, what would happen if we were to pick a land with no rivers/coasts in the middle of the ocean?

It seems very- basic.

Are the colors the same number for how many nations you're putting?
The warped Eurasia seems a little on the nose. Add maybe add some islands and new shapes.

Walk Through Book
Oh boy! Time to get the truly best ending of breaking down the barriers of reality and unleashing the horrors of the cosmos upon us all!

See this is why you guys should stop trying to take away my dick.
There wasn't a name on the Husbando one, so I added it for clarity.

Where are you people getting these statsheets?

Just google waifu stats.
It's the first result.
Second result is the one for Husbandos.

>cyoa has an interesting premise, a good hook to it, the first options are interesting
>scroll down
>anime waifus

hurrrrrrr

I'm jerk, so I take Shapeshifting Companion and ask her/him/it to transform into an "anything," which happens to be something that grants me omnipotence. Which is cheating, so I don't actually do that, but still, I'd rather a friend that the limited use codes or a book I might not have the motivation to actually follow.

cunt is best waifu

>implying anime waifus are a bad thing
>implying they don't improve most CYOAs tenfold
Get out of here and take your shit taste with you.

Not deliberate, but I never noticed.

>I must ask though, with a world map, what would happen if we were to pick a land with no rivers/coasts in the middle of the ocean?
I don't know.

Needs more complicated coasts? More islands?

What does, "on the nose" mean?

More island and shapes? Do you have any good maps based off our world for some ideas?

It means that it's too obvious.

If that just fullstop ruins things for you, no exceptions, then you're gonna miss out on some fun stuff.

posting worst waifu.

I want to not be a mentally ill physically crippled loser anymore.

Cheat codes, assuming that any codes entered grant any abilities required for them to work. So...
>Konami Code (Contra) - I now respawn nearby my place of death up to 30 times
>Get all 7 Chaos Emeralds (Sonic 2) - I can gain Super Sonic's powers by collecting 50 golden rings and jumping. Still not immune to drowning.
>All skill cards (Sonic Battle) - can switch out my "moveset" with that of the characters in the game, moves function as they would in the original game. Fun things include: Creating tornadoes just by kicking, flying by flapping my arms real hard, turning my knees into drivable wheels, and exploding whenever I'm knocked unconscious.
Time to go fast and kick ass

Why does it look like a retarded Europe/Africa/Asia

Whats in the box

3 cheatcodes

Have some reddit OC! It was 35 pages long originally but I compressed it into 7 pages and censored it for Veeky Forums. Best girl Zynthia is even in it!

Post a map that doesn't look like a retarded Europe/Africa/Asia.

You can't.

Nobody reply

You know it’s never that easy

You're very good at this.

I should have said "fantasy map".

Oh forgot to answer first question.

No, each colour will be about 2-4 nations. Larger nations (like Russia) will have more, smaller ones (like Korea) less.

The grey is a surprise.

>They sunk the best parts of the east coast

If there's enough work put into it to make it look all topographic and realistic and shit then I actually really like maps like this. I think they look nice and it's a self-contained challenge of "spot the difference" if you're bored.

Forgot to include the angel faction, now fixed.

I mean all they really was cut of Oregon, Washington, California and Baja California, nuke the Carolinas and half of Virginia (like a bunch of faggots) and then break off a chunk of the mountains to be some pissant island, and then finally swole Florida up some.

this map looks like shit, apply yourself

>not taking the pillow

Every 24 hours you get to live a lifetime, live in a fantasy world or do whatever the fucking hell you want. you control how time passes in your 8 hour dream.

shits like inception yo.

I'd never wake up.

So basically sweet death?

I pray for it daily.

Do multiple stat-granting clothings stack or is it purely 'Pick one' in that case? As modern clothing seems kinda weak by default.

Thick Robe is also rather underpowered, since it it's a net 0 when all the others are net +1.

I have no image on my hard drive nor words in my memory that could express the level of disgust I feel for you.

>do you truly wish you could be/do

If keeping things simple? Eternal Youth/Functional Immortality. Gives me infinite time at peak functionality.

If more ambitious, assuming we exist in a multiverse, being able to spectate or participate in tales from any possible universe. and being returned to spectating after any death during participation. This would also encompass the functional immortality of the first option.

I blame the late hour for my honesty here.

Absolutely disgusting

Devide this into two continents, this way it will be much harder to notice for Eurasia

Some comfy mysteries to solve would be nice, ranging from "help figure out what happened to this noble's daughter" to "figure out why people keep disappearing.

Might but a bit out of your theme of not being an adventurer but just a thought.

Is the uncensored in you google drive? Can't find it.

imgur.com/a/jaOSV

I was going to play this, until I read all of the anti-NAZI stuff.

/pol/ was right

Nothing stopping you from spiting the CYOA and joining them. The CYOA can't stop you.

>a CYOA spends 60% or more of its pages on companions
When did CYOAs stop being about YOUR adventure? When will they go bad to not being shit?

CYOAs have never exclusively been about 'adventures'. The first CYOAs were press buttons, which had no adventure, then they were pick ones about random items or waifus and such, also generally no adventure, then there were prison CYOAs, which weren't adventure, and only with the Island CYOAs did anything resembling an 'adventure' manifest, and they were never the only thing being produced. So again, this shitpost you keep making is STILL unsupported nonsense.

More like when will this cyoa ever be finished?

>CYOAs have never exclusively been about 'adventures'.
>ChooseYourOwnAdventures
>YourOwnAdventures
>OwnAdventures
>Adventures
What are you even saying, man?

Probably to live in an Isekai world.
I've always liked that theme.