Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1921: The Bad Guy's Gonna Win Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56522663/#56528177
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56644737/#56651098
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56762394/#56762436
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56762394/#56764066
pastebin.com/gLiiKcbQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Saint Saiya G and Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar seem to have been missed.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56522663/#56528177
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56644737/#56651098

As requested, dropping Yoko's latest Breath of Fire jump.

War on Geminar wasn't missed. It doesn't belong on the drive.

Reminder that gif related.

Reminder that because you're the face-villain for Darkness, technically that makes it the lame route to pursue.

Other than Infernals, what jumps have perks for structurally impossible architecture?

Preferably something that would let an enormous structure stand without any structural supports in the ground.

Jumpchain, what kind of houserules do you use in your Chains?

Also the Nechronica update.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56762394/#56762436

Why are they still using that house? I know they needed it for a ritual but they have a dragon with a massive pocket dimension inside.

No. The heart is primarily made of cardiac muscle tissue used to pump blood. One could call blood its essence, but the heart is not the source of blood. Just the organ that keeps it moving.
While the heart is submerged in darkness, this is because the heart is enclosed in the body which is preventing light from getting in. It does not generate darkness on its own.

Jump #440: Fallen London
>Page of Wands, reversed: The intensity and childish imagination that can send even the most stable venture spinning wildly out of control.
>Age: 26
This... does not quite seem right.
>Location: Free Choice
>Identity: Scholar
Really, what other option IS there, if not to learn?
>Menace (900)
>Great Mind (650, Scholar)
>Artful (550)
>Sly (450)
>An Ambition of Truth
Why not, if not to know?
>Water
My dreams are strange enough; I do not wish further influences upon them. Sorry to disappoint.
>Ruin Rich (300, Scholar)
It's always nice to be able to discover something that was overlooked, isn't it? Though not nearly the same as a fresh discovery all your own, no.
>A Thing About Names (Free)
The thing about names... names have power. Even pseudonyms, should they become enough of a part of you. Choosing a new name for my stay seems all too appropriate.
>Timekeeper's Candle (Free)
Time flows strangely around here. It should be little surprise that the candle is not as accurate as claimed.
>Mirror Polished Shoes (Free, Scholar)
Hey, these are just nice shoes. Sometimes this can be useful.
>Connection: The Church (Free)
It is quite surprising that the Church has a presence here. I suppose that lends more hope than I might have thought.
>Connection: The Colleges (Free)
A scholar must present his work somewhere, after all.
>Connection: The Docks (250)
Is it any surprise that a scholar and explorer would have connections at the docks? Or perhaps even a vessel moored there?
>Connection: The Widow (200)
And an explorer and scholar surely comes across things that will aid others, especially when looking for hem specifically.
>Correspondence Course (0)
This, however, is on a completely different level. It makes sense on a visceral level - after all, when I was in Narnia, I was a star, and so the language of the heavens suits me. Though it is a thing to be used very, very sparingly.

That foreign settings aren't changed to speak English. Unless I pick Drop-in, I just gain an in-depth understanding of that language from my background memories that I can carry over into other worlds.

Jump #441: Sunless Sea
>Ten of Wands (Oppression), reversed: Bearing the weight of ultimate responsibility without being crushed. Through careful conservation of their fuel, the engines of creation continue onward.
>Age: 23
Yes, time flows strangely indeed.
>Home Port: London
>Identity: Naturalist
>Drawbacks: (+100) Commissioned: The Gracious Widow
Well, I should be happy to help her. She has been such a kind host, after all.
>An Ambition of Wanderlust
After all, I am travelling between worlds. What's a little more travel within one?
>Steady As She Goes (1000)
When zailing the Zee, the value of ensuring a safe and steady trip CANNOT be understated.
>Scientifically Speaking (Free, Naturalist)
It's handy to be able to work from notes, at least!
>As Above So Below (700, Naturalist)
So at long as it isn't a one-off mutation but is actually something that breeds true, I can replicate any specimen's abilities via (Victorian) technology? You know what that means. I'm not going to use this for superpowers, but I am going to use this to duplicate Kryptonian solar power with brass-lined solar panels. As soon as I get somewhere with sunlight.
>Mirrors: Salted (600, Naturalist)
With zeebats providing aid in navigation, travels across the Zee are much easier in many ways, but even normal sight provides better
>Pages: Fathomed (350, Naturalist)
So it turns out that I know my name, as spelled out via Correspondence. That is, my ACTUAL name - not merely my birth name, though that is a part of it. This is simultaneously very neat and creepy as hell because I have purposefully not used that name during my chain. At all. Nothing but assumed names or pseudonyms the entire time. This is leaving aside the possibility of strengthening myself through debate and the pursuit of knowledge, among other things.
>Tattoo: Unblemished Skin
I would be a fool to accept a tattoo here. The mark would be indelible despite my skills.

Didn't they just put the house inside the dragon at one point?

If a jump had very limited source material for art, and said art had multiple options to which it could apply, would you prefer that only one of the options featured said image or that the image was in multiple places within the jump?

>Bandaged Poissonnier (275)
A crew is nothing without a good cook! And he is a chef paramount... or will be, in time.
>Genial Magician (225)
What a delightful fellow, I'm sure he'll be satisfied with his work by the time we're through. Though that hook seems a bit silly - let's get you something a bit better, shall we?
>Tropic Explorer (175)
A delight to have aboard, quite competent and a lady after my own heart. No, no, that was supposed to be figurative, not literal--!
>Presbyterate Adventuress (125)
Coffee sorbet? I admit that's not something I'd tried, in all these years. Not bad! A pity about those assassins chasing after her, but then, I've sworn to keep my crew as safe as a captain might.
>Plausible Surgeon (Free, Naturalist)
He can, at least, work as an assistant for the ship's surgeon.
>Brisk Campaigner (50)
Speaking of, this lady is quite indomitable. And she gets along QUITE well with the Adventuress...
>Comatose Ferret (Free)
>Frost-Flecked Butcher Bird (0)
These two are an unlikely comedy duo, very unlikely indeed. But somehow they keep the crew's spirits high.

Now... this has been a very confusing time for me. Unearthly colors. Time split unevenly between sea and stone, learning all that I might, save for a handful of things that are too dangerous to inquire about, judging by the broken minds of those who gibber about them. I discovered a great deal of unique things for this world... and in the end, I left most of them behind.

I'm happy that I'm not bound to return to this world again. As curious as many things were, and as useful as learning Correspondence is, it will take a very long time for me to rework my universal magic system into something wrapped around such a powerful core concept. I used it to cast a light charm with it once as an experiment, and ... well. I had to set it in my warehouse as soon as I'd realized what I'd done, in hopes of extinguishing it later. Such light was never meant for the Neath.

That's actually not the latest version, Toriko apparently updated it again in:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56762394/#56764066
But apparently he uploaded this directly to the drive instead of posting. So uh, Toriko? Do you still have this handy?

Much of my work, both on land and sea, involved the Gracious Widow; I ensured she got what she wanted, she ensured I got what I needed, we greased certain wheels between others (or gummed them up as circumstances required), and all's well that ends well aside from the inevitable double-crossing of each other that we would laugh about over tea a week later. She was a delightful conversationalist, and a font of knowledge that aided my understanding of what to do and what not to do immensely.

So far as my time at sea went aside from that... thanks to the Widow, I had a solid crew from the beginning, though it grew as time went by. As well, the ship itself grew - the Zee is a strange place, and a ship made of living wood with a name carved in Correspondence on the bow makes for quite the sight to be seen.

Really, there's not much else to say - much of my time here was taken up the minutiae. In the end, I left the ship behind, its crew having changed over the years both by way of new crew relieving old and some becoming different.

I did take great joy in liberating as many crates of souls as I could while I was there, however. Trafficking in souls... there are some things that still offend my sensibilities, and that's among them. The Church was made responsible for smuggling them out of the city and to the surface, and things worked out quite well for them in that regard. Of course everyone would look at the Church in such a manner, but that's why it worked. No one would do something so obvious.

That would be ideal but I think the dragon disappeared after they got the house and only showed up again at the end.

Question.

How bad of an idea is it to companion all the Intoners from Drakengard 3?

Last I checked that's not how darkness works

I think

I'm pretty sure most people do this.

Rotate the image slightly each time it's used.

It would just look fucking dumb to have the same image repeated. Just letting the jump look sparse, or just outright un-imaged would be preferable in that case.

How up to snuff are you on psychology. Or brainwashing. Oh also something about dealing with Outer Entities, that's kinda a big crux of the issue too isnt it

All of them except 4 are sluts and every single one of them is extremely violent and insane, so it's a bad idea.

Normally that companion respawn between jumps rather than after whatever is normal.

In my current chain I do not get to recruit or fabricate companions. Any one who susses out the jumper thing can tag along (or not) regardless of my wishes and they can even force an import.

You would have to actually know how to do that and the brain is the most complex part of our anatomy. So, Overhauling the brain to brainwash someone one or rewiring someone's brain to make it more efficient? Those things are theoretically possible but probably out of reach for anyone without some form of super intelligence to go along with Overhaul just because of how complicated it would be.

I imagine it as being precision control body manipulation, breathing out clouds of skin cells to infiltrate bodies invisibly, scatter apart a hand or entire arm to reassemble it in someone's blindspot or inside complex machinery to deal damage unexpectedly, warp the structure of a cell to transform it from one state to another, that sort of thing is what I have envisioned for mine.

If you're trying to think of out of the box combos, there was one that I passed over since it wasn't to my tastes. It was combining Meatball with Naval Laser to turn body parts into laser funnels, Gundam style.

I'm not making a youtube meme shitpost, user.

Thank you.

ALL of them? Pretty bad. Zero's pretty determined to murder the other five.

According to supplemental material, 4 is also a huge slut, she's just tsundere about it. Poor girl is constantly cussing out people in her head wishing her pigeon would just hold her against a table and rail her.

Can a virgin really be dubbed a slut?

define virgin

I mean

She's got immensely slutty thoughts.

Well in 4's case she's a literal virgin. Never had sex. Her hatoful boyfriend won't bang her because he doesn't get the tsundere act.

Don't we all?

Yes, absolutely.

I think once you hit the point that you're thinking about it literally 24/7 and are completely okay with being forced down you've crossed the slut threshold. The fact that you're such a pathetic loser no one will touch you isn't really the problem.

Elf genocide could also be a turn off. Though knowing this place its a turn on

one is in spyro,and another in arc:survival evolved

I know it's a turn on for me, that's why 4 is the only Intoner I like.

Out of curiosity, how do you envision something like Meatball and Larceny working together?

>How up to snuff are you on psychology.
Not the best, but I'd say better than the common eldritch horror masquerading as a vampire.

>Or brainwashing.
Pretty well-off there actually. Prefer not to use it on people I care about, but....if needs must.

>Oh also something about dealing with Outer Entities, that's kinda a big crux of the issue too isnt it.
Depending on the type of Outer Entity (keeping in mind the scale of Drakengard), I either have a nice conversation over tea and share notes, kill them dead, or use a combination of Fair Folk magic and New God technology to enslave them to my will.

Or run away really fast.

>All of them except 4 are sluts
I suppose if I cared for them as romantic partners that'd be a concern.

Thanks for the warning though.
>every single one of them is extremely violent and insane
*Glances at dead worlds I've left in my wake*
I honestly think some of them might be a positive influence at this point.

>ALL of them? Pretty bad. Zero's pretty determined to murder the other five.
Yah...I figured that if I could deal with the bothersome Flowers, I could beat it into her head that she didn't need to kill her sisters.

Helped by the fact that the world's already in the process of ending and nothing her sisters or the Flower can do would really make it worse at this point.

Eh. Not really good in my eyes, but understandable depending on the type of elf.

Let's be real here, what jumper here has any right to be calling anyone a violent slut, let alone discriminate for it?

Or are they actually that bad, I know jack-all about Drakengaurd.

Stealing chunks of flesh from those you can lay your eyes on and shaping it as desired, basically.

Minor update. Wizard perks were buffed and Ranger and Druid perks were added.

pastebin.com/gLiiKcbQ

I'm completely monogamous to my hundreds of bisexual harem members and would never have sex with a pigeon. So I can judge them on those merits, as strange as it may seem, as their standards do not line up with mine. That's point of validity in any real moral comparison, blue and orange as it may seem to normal sensibilities.

>via long and complicated rituals
It only takes an hour to prepare a variety of spells.

I want a Raksha jump so badly I might make it myself. Did Mardukth drop any notes when he died?

Can you make minions out of other people's flesh?

>Lord of the Land
I like this.

This is nice.

>Doing so allows you to perceive the world around the planet or animal for as long...
Also you might want to fix this.

Meatball doesn't have the capacity to bestow life to manipulated flesh by default. You'd probably need to marry it with something like Earthflow or Dust Bunny for that.

So I'm starting a new Chain and I'm looking for what amounts to Infinite Stamina so I can just run and fight until I get bored

What's the best perk for this

Overlord (series) has one in the warrior perkline.

Majikoi has a capstone like that, but the name escapes me.

It's less that you should discriminate it and more that Four doesn't deserve special treatment. She's not a cute tsundere who secretly wishes for senpai to notice her. She's a raging bitch who hates absolutely everyone, including herself, barely holding it together with a veneer of kindness because that's what she thinks everyone is supposed to act like, while disparaging everyone who doesn't meet up to her standards and/or fuck her.

She is literally the "Nice Guy" Intoner.
> Nobody wants a nice girl! They all want SLUTS like my sisters!

Actually, can we just attach other people's body parts to ourselves?

That's why I suggested Stink Bomb earlier! Just glue the stink parts of yourself onto people and make them absolutely hate you in the process! It's absolutely villainous

>and/or fuck her
Isn't she a virgin though?

user, she's justified in hating her sisters. They're all monsters. At least 4 is pretending not to be one, and I think trying not to be a monster is admirable even if you can't manage it. That doesn't make her a good person, just a comparatively better one than the others.

She doesn't want to be, is the thing.

I think so, though not entirely sure.

> They're all monsters.
Two's a genuinely good person. She's just an idealistic idiot who ends up brain damaged in every route.
One is also trying, but she also kind of fails at it.

It's mainly Three and Five who are embracing their inner monsters.

Five has the sexual appetite of memetic Zeus, or mythological Poseidon.

Clearly she, like all her sisters, needs a proper maternal role model. How else are they to learn the the joys of family, friendship, kindness, and the bloody slaughter of your enemies.

Well there you go, she should at least get rated above 3 and 5 for trying. The fact that all the Intoners are monsters is mostly Zero's fault anyway for being herself.

Oh they all love and enjoy bloody slaughter.

That is correct.

>Also you might want to fix this.
Goddammit. Thanks.

The dick solves all problems.
Prove me wrong. You can't.

All of them are getting dicked by pigeons on the regular, so clearly that doesn't help.

generic creepy pasta maybe?

>Oh they all love and enjoy bloody slaughter.

I had a feeling, but giving positive reinforcement for good and moral behavior is always important when raising kids.

Thirst solves nothing. The Tower of Babel incident was basically the equivalent of God changing cell numbers to get away from humans

user, you clearly aren't following the conversation, we just spent like an hour talking about how 4 wants the pigeon dick and doesn't get it.

God states his reason's in the book, and it's actually more like "Humans would be too powerful and awesome if they all worked together, so I'm going ot set them at odds so they kill each other instead."

True but between a Necrophiliac, Masochist, Old Man, Idiot and a doppelganger. Most probably arent great lays

Sounds like a shitty god.

Well that's the thing, they're all like that because those are Zero's fetishes.

She'd still be a colossal bitch, mate.

Are you sure those were her fetishes and not the fetish/mindset of those who raped her?

Drakengard doesn't have quality waifus, who would have thunk it.

Only the old man and the necro would really have been willing to do that, I think. More likely that's just what she's into.

>That is correct.
So why does it say a long and complicated rituals? I don't don't know too much about pathfinder but I understand that it is an evolution of 3.5 and I would assume it leaves the details of preparing spells up to the players/DM.

Not just necrophiliac, also a straight up gorn fetishist. Five may be awful, but her pigeon is actually worse.

Manah in 2 is okay if you can forgive her (she doesn't deserve it.)

Anyway yes, Drakengard is all about being subversive. In 3 Taro designed the Intoners to all look like waifus and sold them like that at first, only to reveal in the comic that came out before the game that they were all massive, hateful, unlikeable, and slutty bitches. Then in the game you're not supposed to feel bad at all about killing them, you're not even really supposed to think much of Zero, her few humanizing elements are there to confuse you emotionally and really just make you empathize more with Mikhail throughout the story.

Yeah, but I just love his commentary over the radio, or whatever you'd call it. Just him being absolutely ecstatic over all the blood that's getting all over him, it's almost adorable. "Zero! That guy's eye popped right out! This is the best day of my life."

>Old Man
>Idiot
>Masochist
>Not great lays
Are you telling me you have to be a dominant and young with a high IQ to be a good lay?

Those are the best lays desu

The only ones I'm not planning on killing/allowing to die in the ongoing apocalypse are the masochist, the doppelganger, and maybe the idiot. Maybe...actually, I'll probably end up killing the idiot at a later date.

As long as she can learn to love her family properly, she can be as cruel to the peasantry/mortals as she wants.

I mean, it'd be preferable if she could treat them with what respect is due, but they're ultimately inconsequential.

But I'm not looking for waifus user. I'm just looking for adoptive daughters who are screwed up in comparatively bad but distinctly different manners than my Jumper is.

No trust me, it was to change his cell number

Alternatively we could observe it as all that Zero thinks she deserves.

It could be the fetishes of the disciples dont reflect her own fetishes but rather reflect the only type of people who would be willing to love her.

Herself (One's Disciple), someone that loves damaged goods (Five's disciple), an idiot (Two's disciple), a pervert (Three's disciple), and a Masochist (Four's disciple)

Labyrinth and I think Demons of Astlan

Don't try to humanize the chick you're meant to think has become complete human scum, that's really not the point.

>Not using time travel and preventing Zero from trying to kill herself/get infected and find a way to deal with the black flower permanently
>Not time traveling to the future afterwards and giving Caim the beating he deserves

What does Caim deserve a beating for? Getting disgusted for the flash of one second at the idea of incest? I'm not sure of anything else you could consider him having done 'wrong.'

Why would I stop Zero from killing herself?

Ah mixed up the protag names, I meant Nowe

How many of you forget that people other then the main characters exist and that you can totally choose to make your own cast of heroes with blackjack and hookers?

OC is trash.

Caim literally did nothing wrong. He's a horrible monster-man that I would not feel safe being in the same room as, but through sheer coincidence all his atrocities happened to line up with the right thing to do.

Oh, well that's much more sensible then, yes.

If they were capable of being important, they'd already be main characters.

If you take the Intoner perk will Zero try to kill you?

This.

Caim's a crazy jackass with a murderboner, but he's actually in the right for the entire game. He's literally fighting an army of cultists out to summon eldritch godbabies out to destroy the world. If he enjoys stabbing things a bit, for fucks sake, let the man enjoy stabbing things.

He's probably actually the most morally justified person in all of Drakengard.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. Yes, Nowe definitely deserves a good thrashing.

Eh, the Flower is only something that needs to be contained for the length of the Jump and through...another decade at most.

The Drakengard setting was mortally wounded the moment my Jumper stepped foot on it (due to drawback choices), it's just taking ten years to bleed out.