Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove (Xanathar's PDF included)
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools is kill, use local copies until someone else decides to host it.
Last update- mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/:
Do you like the Barbarian's Path of the Zealot?

Other urls found in this thread:

lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html,
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck
5etools.com
watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
strategerygames.com/citygen/generate.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Do you like the Barbarian's Path of the Zealot?

path of the zealot best path

agreed
always wanted to play a barbarian like this

got a game tonight
give me cool ideas for my githyanki war mage

I'm preparing my Christmas adventure today. I'm considering doing a tower dungeon with a story based on Die Hard. What could I do with a concept like this?

So far my group has faced:
>Scrooge
>The Grinch
>Krampus
>The Rat King (Nutcracker)
>The Island of Lost Toys
>Jack Skellington

>>>>Reddit

You beat me to it.
I was going to change the OP to-

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces

>Trove

>5etools
5etools is currently hosted at lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html, however it could be chopped down at any time. Get yourself a local copy below to be safe.

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/ >>>[past link]

Whoever makes the next OP be sure to put the new 5etools link in it, and leave the direct download link in.

>Do you like the Barbarian's Path of the Zealot?
Not really. It has one feature that can really change gameplay, but almost nothing to contribute outside of combat.

So you don't like barbarian in general then

I think I like the others more. I like the flavor of it, but I really think the others are way better. By far my favorite is Ancestral Guardian, getting that cool shaman-esque feel to it. That being said, I think playing angry Thor Dwarf will be cool as shit too

not really. They really ruined the class for a game that is supposed to have 2/3rds of its runtime be noncombat.

Why is Mearls such an idiot?

>making it your name instead of the subject
This OP is shit and you're shit for making it.

4e=FFT:WotL>5e=checkers

> however it could be chopped down at any time. Get yourself a local copy below to be safe.
How come this one's copy has 1.6MB while Astranauta's had 175MB?

OP you fucking cunt, you linked the wrong thread

Just curious: what’s your idea of a community? Just a bunch of guys calling each other faggots?

Nevermind me, Astranauta's had 170MB of images (the token images from Roll20), this one doesn't.

No idea, those are the direct links I saw posted ITT, the Github site and the MEGA posted by Astranauta

>game that is supposed to have 2/3rds of its runtime be noncombat.
>DnD

I wish...

Checker>Chess=5e>4e/FFT:WotL

Speak for yourself. I get into all sorts of shenanigans that only a low Int, Wis and Cha character can.

People use D&D too much as an escapism tool and not just dicking around having fun.

New to D&D. What the hell is a githyanki? They look and sound dumb. No offense to your future character though—I’m entirely sure I’m just ignorant on them.

>not having fun
Why even play?

well perhaps you are creative, but all players I knew who played barbarian jsut wanted to fight and fight, even in downtime they'd find someting to fight

I meant that people should have fun instead of taking themselves super seriously as this smoking hot, well adjusted savior of the world.

Has 5etoolsguy given any word?
I just want to say I love you, man. You fought the good fight for us.

5etools is a hydra.
We'll be back.

>Avariel
>Gurgach
>Shadar-kai
>Sea Elf
>Dark Elf
>High Elf
>Wood Elf
>Sun Elf
>Moon Elf
>Fey’ari
>Half Elf
I’m sure I’m missing some.

Did we genuinely need an Elf subrace supplement? At least they didn’t go full retard like WoW and add “Nightborne” and “Void” Elves

There is literally nothing wrong with the Dark/Wood/High trinity or having just Elves as a singular race.

A suggestion, assuming they even see it, would be to make some UI to allow for adding in your own material on saved versions, so people can either easily enter Homebrew or update it themselves if we get stuck on local copies.

Don't know how hard that would be to actually implement though.

Ex-mindflayer slaves who have a raging hate-boner for their former masters and act as sort of space pirates in the Aether.

That's the beauty of github eh, the project can never truly die.

>Mindflayers used to have a space empire
>Gith were their main slave race
>Gith rebel, kicking their asses clear to the underdark
>Gith are now space pirates that have a Doomguy-tier hate of Mindflayers

I'm trying to come up with a new paladin oath: the Oath of Punishment. It's going to have an ac bonus when wearing light armor and focus on whips and clubs and will focus on demoralization-based debuffs.
Sound cool?

See

Stupid sci fi bullshit that look retarded.

Forgotten realms also gave us the Star Elf, and since the 4th edition we have the Eladrin. Shit's getting crowded.

This is bait

What homebrew is this from?

Funny you should mention that.

5etools.com

Use specifics user. What don't you like about him other than his face?

>ugly looking assholes
>from magic fantasy space
>psychic powers
Not bait, you just have shit taste if you like Gith.

Not hosted on Github this time?

Sounds kinky.

I never used 5etools, but i absolutely love seeing how people will always find the way.

Like said sounds more kinky than cool

What's the status on this, will it see continued development?

I am told it will.

How?

Not the guy you're asking, but Reddit sucks in a particular way because everyone must talk the exact same way in order to get recognition. The first post is never the best post, but is always the post most in line with how the hive mind communicates. Here is more than just calling each other faggots, but the fact that we get to is just a bonus.

Also, who thought "/s" was a good idea? When someone's sarcastic, shouldn't it be obvious from the get go? Like wouldn't the sentence start with a symbol instead of end with it?

BDSM

>Punishment
>light armor
>whips
>demoralization

I mean... how it doesn't sound kinky?

>The first post is ... the post most in line with how the hive mind communicates.
That sounds somewhat valuable as well, don't you think? (I don't go there, the site always seemed confusing to me and i like faggot calling of chinz more.)

Speaking of kinky shit, does this seem like it'd be unbalanced?

>Current Grappler-
Grappler
Prerequisite: Strength 13 or higher
You've developed the skills necessary to hold your own in close-quarters grappling. You gain the following benefits:

You have advantage on attack rolls against a creature you are grappling. (Something you can do anyways by shoving prone)
You can use your action to try to pin a creature grappled by you. To do so, make another grapple check. If you succeed, you and the creature are both restrained until the grapple ends. (This actually REMOVES your advantage, as you are restrained as well, giving every single enemy advantage on attack rolls against you except the guy you have grappled, who can attack as normal)

>Homebrewed Grappler-
GrapplerPHB
Prerequisite: Strength 13 or higher
You've developed the skills necessary to hold your own in close-quarters grappling. You gain the following benefits:

You have advantage on attack rolls against a creature you are grappling.
You can use your action to try to pin a creature grappled by you. To do so, make another grapple check. If you succeed, you and the creature are both restrained until the grapple ends, and if the creature needs to breathe and you can physically cut off it's air (DM discretion) it begins Choking until the grapple ends.

So you can start killing or knocking out an enemy with suffocation, however doing so paints a giant "shoot me" sign on your back for all the other enemies in the area- any one of which can kick you off with a Shove attempt.

>Kill most enemies in ~3 rounds automatically
>Barbarians are basically guaranteed to hold a Grapple check, even moreso if they get Expertise somehow
hmm

>When someone's sarcastic, shouldn't it be obvious from the get go?
The term "Poe's Law" exists for a reason.
And besides, some printers, writers, and grammaticists have toyed with various punctuation marks for sarcasm and rhetorical questions since at least the 1500s.

Hey, at least *we* don't have to worry about any special indicators of ironic expression :^)

But they'd also have proficiency with rope use, so checkmate!

Nice quads and thanks for the answer
You guys too. Thanks

My players want to play an Ettin and each control one head.

Should I let them? How the fuck would I calculate AC and HP and shit?

I'm having some problems working out a new campaign /5eg/. We just finished our last campaign and its my turn to take on the mantle of DMing again. I like it, so its no problem but me and the players are at odds. The players say what they most want is to do the traditional adventuring thing. Go to different places and help them with their conflict. I think this is fine, but its what we've been doing for all of our time playing.

Many of what I consider my good ideas for campaign have a binding prerequisite for the players to fit into. I've been throwning around a few ideas, like having the players be part of a crime family or have the players have their own shop in a town and the majority of the campaign being in an urban setting. I've also had ideas where the players have to work with the baron of the barony they live in to rally neighbouring lords to a common cause. All my ideas have the players already "bound" so to speak to some part of the world. What I hear from my players is that they rather come as adventueres and then choose to interact with these things. So they would meet the baron and agree to help him cause whatever instead of being oligated as citizens in his barony or based on the character, because they have high positions in the barons army, chruch and what not might fit their desired characters. I think the players might find much enjoyment from playing within the limitations and boundaries that come from having prerequisite positions in the campaign instead of being a drop ins that has a hard time finding motivation for doing said thing. Whats your take on this?

Is my buyin to the campaign ideas too limiting or are my players afraid of being unable to play their chaotic neutral snowflake character cause it doesn't make sense for the position they are put in?

I’m the guy you responding to. I agree read it is terrible in that everyone has the same opinion, and if you don’t you’re literally punished with down votes. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t help each other here with character or setting ideas

This is my grapple class
1/2

No

2/2

I posted it in the last thread and has some good replies, so going for round two. What's your opinion on the Critical Injury chart?

The site itself is not hosted on github.

Treat it like two PCs with only one arm each sharing the same space.

Make Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom individualized, but they will have to agree upon and share Strength, Dexterity and Constitution.

Fluff:
Give them advantage on Perception. Give them a disadvantage to Dex since they share a body

Post it

Anyone know of any settlement/town generator? Like to create a town randomly?

Which one is the munchkin race Halflings or Gnomes?

Depends on your class. Generally speaking Halflings with Lucky.

>watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
for maps and general outline
strategerygames.com/citygen/generate.php
for statistics, wealth distribution etc.

Rolled Stats
Roll Stats
16, 14, 15, 13, 17, 18
How fuck is the encounter

>Join a new group
>In a town
>say I want to ask around and get directions to the tavern
>'Roll investigation'
>think this seems dumb but whatever
>roll low
>'You aren't able to find the tavern'

user are you having a stroke

>Join a new group
>In a tavern
>say I want to ask for a drink
>'roll investigation'
>think this is dumb but whatever
>roll low
>'You aren't able to find the words to say that'

Who said int was a dump stat?

Not as fuck as your english

>DM constantly does this shit
>Just hit 11
>As a Rogue with the Skilled feat
Time to see how long until he gets mad.

Anyone got "read the book" images with the Phb on it? I desperately need them to fill a folder.

I absolutely hate the new way sorting works in 5etools. I want my drop downs back...

Has anyone cool enough made a DM screen or DM chart for the Xanathar's stuff? Mostly looking for encounters/downtime activities stuff. It'd be a nice supplement for me.

>checkers is better than chess
Not even going to give you a (you).
Wait, shit

For people who don't like 5e?

No, for twats who won't read the damn rules

Question: is eldritch knight / bladesinger a broken multiclass in any way?

why would I read the rules when I can ask if extra attack gives me more attacks with my offhand when two-weapon fighting on here?

Because fuck you, fuck off, and read the fucking book, that's why.

Monk bonus action allow two unarmed strike even if both of your hand are carrying item.

not as much as eldritch knight / warwizard

Here are my ideas for patron-specific invocations. Feel free to tell me where I fucked up.

Fiend:
> Dark Insights: If you spend at least a minute observing a creature outside of combat, you gain an insight into what will tempt and intimidate them. You make Persuasion, Deception and Intimidation rolls with advantage against this creature until your next long rest. You can only target one creature in this fashion.
>Tormented Soul: after benefiting from Dark One's Blessing, if those hitpoints are depleted in melee combat then the attacker takes that much psychic damage.
>Hellish Torment: when you deal fire damage, you can spend a bonus action to deal necrotic or psychic damage instead. You can do this Cha modifier times per short or long rest.

Archfey:
>Puck’s Floor: you can cast Grease without components or a spell slot.
>Faerie Interference: As a reaction, you can cause an enemy affected by your Hex or Fey Presence to roll a 1 on an attack roll, saving throw or ability check. Once you have done that, you cannot repeat it until a short or long rest.
>Faerie Bounty: you can cast Goodberry up to your Cha modifier times per long rest. As well as restoring health, each Goodberry can remove a condition of your choice – sleep, charm, poison, petrified.

GOO:
>Corrupting Insanity: ignore resistance to psychic damage. Enemies and objects immune to psychic damage now take half damage instead.
>Unearthly Colours: you can cast Faerie Fire without a spell slot or components 3 times before a long rest. In addition to the normal effects, enemies who pass or fail the Dex save must make a Wisdom saving throw. Those that fail the Wisdom saving throw are charmed or frightened by you for the duration.
>Ancient Senses: You can cast Detect Good and Evil without a spell slot or components.

>my players want to play as adventurers and make their own decisions about who their characters are in d&d but i think they might like it more if i railroaded them into doing something they didn't want and they all started out as shopkeepers or some shit with a personality and other features conducive to that. who's right?

They are idiot, character customisation is one of the most important parts of any RPG and you're meant to at least try to care what everyone else at the table wants to get out of the game

Hexblade:
>Spectral Path (6th): as an action, you can swap places with your summoned shade. Swapping like this deals necrotic damage equal to your Cha mod to anything within 5 feet of you and the shade. You can do this up to Cha mod times per long rest.
>Black Challenge: You can cast Compelled Duel once per long rest. Creatures that succeed on the Wisdom saving throw to move away from you take necrotic damage equal to your Charisma modifier + half your warlock level (rounded down.)
>Shadowy Plains: You can cast Entangle without using a spellslot. If you cast it in this manner, it is an illusion, and requires a Wisdom saving throw. Once you have cast it in this manner, you cannot use it again until you have finished a short or long rest.

Celestial:
>Healing Hex: whenever you deal damage with Hex active, choose a friendly target within 30 feet; they gain hitpoints equal to the Hex damage + your Cha modifier (min 1.) You can heal damage like this a number of times equal to your Cha modifier before a long/short rest.
>Radiant Voice: you can cast Healing Word as a 1st level spell without expending a spell slot up to Cha modifier times per long/short rest (min 1)
>Divine Protection: You can cast sanctuary without a spellslot. Once you do, you cannot use this invocation again until a short or long rest.

Undying:
>Secret Teachings (5th level): You learn Animate Dead and can cast it with a warlock spell slot once per long rest. Minions created with this spell have temp hp equal to half your warlock level + Cha.
>Ancient Wisdom: You become proficient in Arcana and History.
>Touch of Hatred: You can cast Inflict Wounds using a warlock spell slot. Once you have done so, you cannot use this invocation again until you have completed a short or long rest.

Dark Insights and Puck's Floor are pretty cool, but

>You can cast FAErie Fire
>Great Old One exclusive

I've figured out how to fix the Bladelock in a way that doesn't involve hexblade:

>Make pic related an official part of the rules
>bladelock weapon can be summoned or reformed with the free item interaction
>magic weapons bonded to the the bladelock can be reformed into any of the melee weapon forms while preserving their magical bonuses and rules.

Bladelocks instantly become an interesting gish option with the ability to toolbox melee combat. They still have survival issues, but they finally have a niche in melee combat.

>gave my players an extra feat to start with
>I know 3 of them, the last one is new to my table
>they make cool characters, nothing too min max
>new guy comes with a v.human, Polearm master heavy armor master
>oh yeah I know this adventure is lvl 1 to 3 so I have to optimize for the early game

And this is why I am not ever giving an extra feat again

There was another variant human but he went with warcaster plus magic initiate for a cleric

Why do angry fighters and sneaky fighters get their own class, but Archers don’t ?

Can d&d Vampires go in the sun with opaque clothing covering all their skin or is it "fuk u u explode now" even if they walk outside with a box over their head because it's a curse and not a disease?

They do, it's called Ranger.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Learn to DM

Just remove that 'you use cha mod for 1-handed weapons' from the hexblade and then apply that to the Blade pact. Boom, both reducing multiclass cheese with hexblade and giving the blade some extra versatility.