Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Iron Warrior Plague Marines Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Plastic Biovores
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtu.be/0nqRtpiR09c?t=535

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-IE/Warhammer-40000-combat-gauge-2017
games-workshop.com/en-IE/Citadel-Green-Tape-Measure-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for cusstoads

Do we have Ahriman playing chess with necron audiobook?

First for The Night Haunter’s Blessed Legion.

Second for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

5th for
>what happens if deploy zone is too small for all the gaunts?

I hope the Daemons book makes Khorne Daemons fun.

DoA

I want more Veeky Forums rulings on this. I want some kind of answer besides 'roll off' plz

Nth for the only CSM Legion that matters in 8th edition.

Nth for the only Brigade Grey Knights can field in a 2k match consists of 60 naked PAGK, 3 Company Champions and 3 Apothecaries that wonder why the fuck they even exist in a list like this

Reposting for discussion

What rules would you put into the game if you had the option of improving it overall.

Here's my attempt (I'm no game designer so if RAW is weird the intention should be clear)

>FNP type saves (disgustingly resilient, black rage ,etc) cannot be taken against attacks that are at least double your toughness
>Damage from "flamer" type weapons spill over like mortal wounds (flamer, heavy flamer, frag cannons, etc)
>smite can be cast any number of times per psychic (but still once per psyker). However each successful smite cast after the second will only deal 1 mortal wound, with a cast roll of 11+ dealing d3 mortal wounds
>Casualties inflicted in the preceding fight phase count as double when taking the next morale check. Ex: 2 guys dead in melee = -4 to your morale
>change character targeting rule to "Enemy models with the character keyword and a wounds characteristic of less than 10 may be targeted on the shooting phase. However if the target character is not the closest visible enemy unit, shots are resolved against that character with an unmodifiable to hit roll of 6+
>All "bolter" weapons may re roll wound rolls of 1 when targeting units with a 5+ or 6+ save characteristic. "Bolter" weapons include bolt pistols, heavy bolters, bolt rifles etc
>Gauss weapons can never wound worse than a 5+, regardless of the targets toughness or other modifiers
>Units may elect to fall back from close combat if they desire, to do so the unit must take a morale test with an unmodifiable leadership statistic of 4. Resolve the test as normal, however if any models were lost to the result of the test then the unit is unable to fall back and will remain locked in close combat.

Is there anything a Wraithseer needs that isn't in the standard Wraithlord kit? I aint paying for an extra 11 quid for a wraithlord with a spear.

You can't make it into combat, the second floor is well equipped with poking sticks specifically designed to keep all your guants off.

Be happy. GW told you that they don't know instead of "yes but first you ndde to summon after disembarking"

Ever wanted to know what ADBs relationship with his father is actually like?

Want to know if he'll ever write a good book?

Curious about what else shocks and intimidates him?

Well now's you chance to ask... if by now you mean Friday at 8pm GMT

is this spam yet? if it is I'll erm do some thing so that it's less spammy, change up the message or something

dude my black legion will hate fuck your snake bois

I dont know how i feel about that first rule.

Thank you for continuing the discussion, friend. You also forgot our inability to regenerate CP.

i swear the community manager of GW is the biggest dumbass on the whole hobby, he is dodging important question it infuriate me

If I run my NL as Alpha legion do I just spam Slaaneshi devastators, hellbrutes, and some khorne berzerkers?

It's not really necessary anymore due to multi damage doing much the same thing.

maybe
yes
yes
no
yes
no
yes
no

Why isn't there stuff like this for 40k?
I would buy the shit out of cool accessories like this.

>Casualties inflicted in the preceding fight phase count as double when taking the next morale check. Ex: 2 guys dead in melee = -4 to your morale
that rule is awful

You mean to tell me the special operations elite-of-the-elite military branch can’t be fielded in massive formations!? What a fucking shock!

I mean, what do you want? Cheap unit options to fill tax slots in a faction whose whole point is to be the best and the few?

I think you guys are kinda stuck with patrols and spearheads and whatnot because your chosen army isn’t suited for mass deployment. Not unless you want your troop options to be fielded in teams of 2-3.

I want to build a Tyranids army, but I'm going through the codex right now and I can't see how much putting wings on a Hive Tyrant costs. Where is it?

I mean, the community managers just aren't supposed to make rules decisions.

>impying

Because the AoS stuff didnt sell so that means it's a dead market. Ignore the state that Sigmar was in when sales were low.

Of course.
Speaking of CP, anybody wanna help a brutha out? I've got a game with my GKs against a friend of mine tomorrow. How do I deal with his list:

>Girlyman
>Celestine
>Inquisitor and Primaris Psykers
>30 Guardsmen

>Lietenant
>Scouts with a Heavy Bolter for the hellfire rounds stratagem
>Razorback
>one or two Land Raider Crusaders, depending on how he runs it

What do I do, friends?

Hive Tyrant with Wings entry, use your eyes.

>why dosent a guy hired to manage the social media of GW know how the finer rules work?
stop being dumb, the dude probably didnt even know what 40k was before he got the job

page 126

>not unless you want your troop options to be fielded in groups of 2-3
That’s exactly what I want. Give Draigo the “paladins become troops” thing again and I’d be relatively happy.

Why do you dislike those rules? Specifically the morale casualties and fall back

Why do you dislike the rule?

It's more of a holdover from 7th edition, no feel no pain against instant death attacks. I liked that if something would instantaneously kill you (a missile or lascannon shot) you couldn't just ignore the wound. It was thematic and made a degree of sense

Wrong. Wobbly model syndrome lets you "place them" clinging to the walls.

>What do I do, friends?
Lose

FNP change is garbage
meh
that smite change is garbage
I like a good number of the others, though that gauss idea is reaaaaly powerful

i'm not talking about rule decision in particular
but when you're asking why blood angels and dark angels get a codex before every other major faction they simply respond with "haha lol wait more pls" and simply get away with it

40k has had a servoskull tape measure, a dark angels tape measure, a mechanicum tape measure...im not sure what you are getting at

Pack up. Or try to get a Draigo-GMNDK Vortex of Doom wombo combo on Bobby G.

You have to make a FnP roll for every point of damage so lascannons and missiles still punch through,

>"Hive Tyrant With Wings"
Directly under the normal Hive Tyrant you absolute retard.

Like the games-workshop.com/en-IE/Warhammer-40000-combat-gauge-2017
or the games-workshop.com/en-IE/Citadel-Green-Tape-Measure-2017

>That’s exactly what I want. Give Draigo the “paladins become troops” thing again and I’d be relatively happy.
>tfw not sure if I'd be happy about having OBsec and Battalions with Paladins or mad about it nerfing Terminators into complete oblivion

>why did a faction whose codex is 90% copy paste get their codex before a faction with all new rules
I dont know user.

I mean you did it three threads in a row at this point, right? I'd say it's getting close to spammy at that point.
I still want to know why he enjoys making OCs that beat their primarchs and shit like that. Setting ruining is no good.

My Obliterators already have their Fleshmetal Guns extended, qt.

You can do literally anything and it will be better than running it as NL.

>implying I don't have those in allied detachment

>You can do literally anything and it will be better than running it as NL.
Who does spoopyspam better than NL?

Wrong, I have to agree to wobbly model syndrome. Now roll a 4+ to see if my wounded character can be shot at.

I just don't understand why you think it needs to be fixed

Not for sale anymore though. Wish they'd bring those back. I still have the thin tape measurer from over 10 years ago though.

That looks like absolute shit.

Nah. You just don't get games.

How about Jormungandr Nids with their RAAAWR relic, Haruspexes, Rippers, Biorattle Trygons and "the Horror" ?

that's just lazy from GW
i would prefer when GW wasn't communicating at all
now they're fucking us sideways but with an emoji and a banter

finished another one of my armies last night Veeky Forums

I don't think you'd be able to deal with that. Especially if you're that one unlucky Grey Knight player. Just hope for the best I guess.

You're probably too stupid to play tyranids.

>spoopyspam
>when all the horde armies have morale protection
>why.jpg

They’d have to knock Terminators down in points more than they did in CA. I remember my base term squads costing 165 in 7th. And costing 205-210 fully kitted out.

So does the faux bronze AoS kit.

thanks

>not playing your army fluffy no matter what
why dont you just grab your calculator and go have fun with a text book, and leave the game to people who like to play games and not mathhammer everything

A whole banter?

again, posting the next iteration of the stealthy tau 1k points
[Vanguard] 1000/1000
HQ:
Coldstar - Multitracker, Shieldgen
Elites:
Stealth Suits - 5x Shasui w/o upgrades, Shas'vre w/ Fusion blaster, target lock (Homing beacon)
Stealth Suits - 5x Shasui w/o upgrades, Shas'vre w/ Fusion blaster, target lock
Crisis Bodyguards - 3x Bodyguard w/ 2x Plasma Rifle, Multitracker
Ghostkeel - 2x Fusion, Cyclic Ion Raker, Shieldgen, Target lock, 2x Stealth Drone

same questions as before, what sucks, what does not suck, ideas on how to improve?

Are you backing out of this tournament match or the entire event?

How would you change smite? Smite spam seems to be a major issue, so I wanted to make a rule that didn't crush grey knights or tsons while still making it perfectly viable to bring more than 2 psykers

While I understand it still bothers me that a lascannon might not kill a commisar. Probably my own hangup more than an actual flaw in gameplay

I'm stupid enough to play 40k at all

I disagree, but you are entitled to your shit taste.

I remember when 5 termies cost 340 points

I'm still kind of nostalgic for that time

Neither, you are because the TOs rule my way in every actual event.

>why don't you CAACfag like myself
I do what I want, bitch. Now bend over and let my boys table you.

Nice try kiddo, I am the TO.

>smite can be cast any number of times per psychic (but still once per psyker). However each successful smite cast after the second will only deal 1 mortal wound, with a cast roll of 11+ dealing d3 mortal wounds
Yeah, better nerf those damn Thousand Sons armies.

You're an idiot. The problem with Smite has always been that a handful of psykers are too cheap. Fix that instead of blanket nerfing all of the balanced psykers.

Akko is shit

all of them barring character one, needs extensive testing, are awful.

In order to make 40k good, it needs a systematic revision from the rules to model production so there's no real point talking about it.

If we are talking about what it can never have though, is true line of sight. Never, ever. There's no defense for TLOS.

>an akkoposter is dumb
What a surprise

Posting everyone's favourite biotitan.

As are you, in fact I almost envy you, the world is full of bronze-sprayed junk just waiting for you, some even feature cogs and hot-glued rivets.
Fancy!

AHahahahah, you wish.

Nobody plays events run by friendless faggots like you, sorry to break it to you.

Are you incapable of following a conversation. The issue is that Grey Knights (and a lot of other elite armies) struggle to get a high number of CP initially and then have no way to recoup them mid-battle. Meanwhile, Imperial Guard easily fill brigades (and all of the units in that brigade are useful) whilst also having more mechanisms to recoup them than any other faction in the game.

That's a nice looking MC

It would work if they got rid of the invul save.

Then they’d be balanced to spam as small troops.

Soup should have a price attached.

Something like "Every detachment with a different keyword after the first grants half CP rounding down". Terrible wording, but the idea is that you have a "Main faction" that gets full CP and tacking on extra armies is penalized to the point a Spearhead grants 0CP and a Batt only 1CP.
That has to be a full detachment using a keyword that would be eligible for Chapter Tactics or the equivalent, so no taking Magnus and a bunch of Horrors in Batts and saying they all have TZEENCH DAEMON. You'd have to specify that things like DEATH GUARD or THOUSAND SONS do count as Legion keywords and similar cases, though. Would be a clumsy rule.

>still stuck with shitty Cruddace stats instead of proper bio-titan rules like it used to have

Primaris Jet Bikes would be cool for White Scars?

Blood Angles?

You tell him to stop being such a faggot. Unless you're bringing some kind of themed army, soup lists are for WAAC games only.

First player's first turn has him at a -1 to hit for shooting, -2 on psychic tests, -2 on charge range.

Mortal Wounds no longer spill over by default, instead some stuff does this.

Horde armies get something other than Obj sec for their battle forged armies.

Only a models body/hull are used for LoS purposes. Weapons, wargear and wings(the limb, not the part of a flyer) etc are ignored.

Consistent dubs confirms this user is right and the other one is a dumb faggot

giant ripper cant even do stomp attacks

Motherfucking jetbike chariots

Melee Inceptors would work for BA. Or some kinda veteran unit with close combat options paired with a cheaper transport.

Should I get into a non-Primaris marine army, or just invest in Primaris instead? What are the odds of any future support for non-Primaris?

How does that nerf thousand sons? You can't spam mortal wounds by bringing multiple psykers, but you can still get mileage out of them after the second successful cast

>it's shit

Explain why it's shit. Be constructive. Have an actual co version instead of planting yourself on one side of the fence.

Why do you hate true line of sight? How else would something ever be out of sight if it was from my view as the player

Checked

Gib back andy chambers already GW

All Tyranids are giant rippers user.

I noticed that too, that's the sole reason I yield to this autist. Truly I am the friendless faggot.

0 future chance for non Primaris support