/necg/ Necromunda General

Cosplaying Riddick before Riddick existed edition.

Free Fan Resources
yaktribe.games/community/vault/categories/necromunda.2/

Old Books
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

New Resources
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/11/ENG_Necromunda_Gangs_Of_Legend_Download.pdf
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/10/Necro_Roster_ENG.pdf

New Reference Sheet
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/10/Necro_Ref_ENG.pdf

Unofficial rules transcript:
drive.google.com/file/d/1L19AaQmIxlDvvX17e7AAle_J0TvTbb7T/view

Excellent scan of Underhive rules and fluff by Binderanon, collated and annotated by yours truly:
mega.nz/#!tnBiyapZ!KCuglLr4givpZS18jVw0i-CQz8bKa5Dvt84F8zRmarU

Camscan of Gang War 1, likewise annotated:
mega.nz/#!MuokQKAJ!NYAN_8EmdYFzyljp4S460D929e1ATfCsIk3OGWiD_R0

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/weirdingsway/
mega.nz/#!tHI2XZyJ
mega.nz/#!tHI2XZyJ!g1ZDlhCzaTWIS5TmTUrdJsp_ELAVIScPAyXvsILtPFI
youtu.be/HKtsdZs9LJo
youtube.com/watch?v=ITYMtPniQuY
youtube.com/watch?v=ixYTQQ8EXC0
youtu.be/O0qVUODQnaw
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LAzNMn8Ow
youtube.com/watch?v=QtTR-_Klcq8
youtube.com/watch?v=M0e_0P9OZuM
blmablog.com/2010/12/spray-priming-in-cold-weather.html
mega.nz/#F!oTREUCDZ!Ne5yp0H0ETOlNqd-uwOg2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thank you kind user

My MDF terrain finally arrived. Super excited!

what did you buy?

Two of the small sets from Promethium Forge.

This guy's doing some lovely Necromunda stuff: instagram.com/weirdingsway/

Delaque's new fluff is silly. SPY FACTION. Made of... pale, trenchcoated bald people.
No suspiciousness there at all. My Escher Sistuhs and bearded Van Saar comrades totally could miss these cunning infiltrators.

I'm trying to think what rules would be best suited to represent chaos cults until they actually release rules for them...probably cawdor, with brawn, combat and ferocity on all gangers as well as access to flamers and stubbers, the two special weapons cultists have in the current spree, and the (mostly) lack of armour - should make a good fit.

Spying often involves cultivating contacts who do the actual dirty work. It's less Delaques infitrating the Eshers, and more the Delaques having dirt on an Esher who is then forced to report to a Delaque contact.

So, while building my Escher gang, I had the idea to put a grenade launcher on one girl.
Is it actually worth it to have a ganger with a grenade launcher?

Seemed like a good idea with neat conversion potential.

Okay, so the instructions say "rub candle wax between the grooves to keep them from breaking".

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I just take an old candle and rub it between the grooves?

>new fluff

I'm actually considering using some Chaos Cultists where I'll replace the Chaos symbols with imperial ones for my Cawdor.

>lives and fights in low light underhive
>wears shades goggles
What did he mean by this?

>Lives in a dark underhive
>Eyes adapt, becoming extremely sensitive to light
>Needs to fight next to a furnace or a blast forge, hydroponic garden or any other well lit enviroment

I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes

All that amazing work, and he doesn't take the final step to shave those fucking ridges off the GSC heads! Why does everyone that uses those heads for non-GSC purposes forget to remove the ridges!?

Shit you're right.

Maybe he likes them? Maybe he's actually a secret Genestealer?

Possibly, I sounded a bit more dickish than I meant to, but I would assume he's just meant to be a delaque ganger. More often than not when I see any conversions using those heads, the intent isn't for them be secret GSC, its just the converter did a meh job at converting. user's link obviously did a good job, it just weirds me out when I see the ridges, (and assuming the model isn't meant to be GSC) makes it even weirder that with all that effort put into the model, they left it there still.

Yeah pretty much. It means the incoming piece will slide in without doing as much damage. You only really need to wax the near side, and the "male" piece will carry the wax in.

What do you mean by "the near side"? Sorry.

Settle down Corey

I wonder if they'll release new gangs as well as legacy ones. Maybe the spider clan?

So been thinking of doing up a few more like this guy. Any idea what house I should use him as?

It's a shame that WW doesn't update his ammobunker thread much anymore. I guess he just kind of lost the will after photobucket eat all of his pictures.

That's what the Delaque have always been. At least your faction hasn't been changed from "Imperial Guard supply chain" to "Basically skitarii"

Grenade launchers are fairly cheap, have one option with a blast, and the other option wounds T3 on a 2+.

Also you can get Gas, Smoke, and Fear grenades for it later. (Even though the rules are missing for half of those.)

The only way I see this happening is if the game sells REALLY well, and after all the other gangs are released.

Honestly, I feel like we'll be lucky if they even release any of the non-base gangs.

He could work as Van Saar, a bounty hunter, or a chaos/gs cultist.

As for WW, this is why backups are important.

Are they, though? I want to play Delaque too, and I fluffed them to actually be a genestealer cult, what with all that infiltrating and bald heads and goggles and what not, so that I can use them both in my GSC army as well as Necromunda

Grenade launchers are really good. If you can get one from the trading post and model it then it's 100% worthwhile.

Bumping this thread, thanks for the rules, lads. Busy working on getting terrain up to scratch and planning out conversions/kitbashes for a Redemptionist gang

OG gang 2018.

If game didn't bomb outlander/outlaw gang 2019

Alright so here's a scan of Gang War.

mega.nz/#!tHI2XZyJ

It asks for a decryption key?

Sorry, let's try that again.

mega.nz/#!tHI2XZyJ!g1ZDlhCzaTWIS5TmTUrdJsp_ELAVIScPAyXvsILtPFI

Wow! Nice.

Thanks user.

Would GW be willing to create a Necromunda gang full black called Negromunda?

Post Necromunda themed songs and pictures!
>youtu.be/HKtsdZs9LJo

Can we get the same treatment for Underhive?

CHECK OP

youtube.com/watch?v=ITYMtPniQuY

Seemed rather appropriate for a game that's back from the dead.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ixYTQQ8EXC0

I've got an old enforcer gang i got from a friend for cheap a long time ago (Just loved the models).
How do the new and old rules compare? Is it possible to port the old gang into the new ruleset in case i start a campaign? I mean the 5/10 one, i glanced over those rules when i got them and fell in love with the idea of running them as the campaign "arbitrator".
I've got experience with running Mordheim campaings, but i'm new to Necromunda.

BASED
A
S
E
D

Story of gangers trying to earn personal glory and fighting for turf? Drinking from the Sun kind of fits.
>youtu.be/O0qVUODQnaw

Weapon skill, ballistic skill and Initiative have to be ported from straight numbers to their respective dice rolls, but that shouldn't be hard. The biggest problem will be the mental stats, which used to be grouped under leadership, but are now split into leadership, cool, willpower and intelligence - you'll have to pretty much pull these out of thin air, afaik those stats haven't been in any game since rogue trader.
Point values might need some few adaptations, but seem pretty compatible so far, and weapon profiles can be ported by simply replacing some rules with their modern equivalent (e.g. sustained fire dice turn into rapid fire (x))

>youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LAzNMn8Ow

You know that this is how they really settle things in the underhive.

Pic Unrelated

When you're white as hell, but you wanna feel like you're necromunda gangsta

youtube.com/watch?v=QtTR-_Klcq8

Ty kind user

You'll be firmly in making shit up territory, like said. For gear you'll have some points of reference, though. There's a Shock Whip in the game, and you can probably get away by using its stats for a Shock Maul and just removing its ability to make a 3'' ranged attack. Shotguns and loads of ammo types are in, so that's sorted too. Riot Shields could work like the Goliath's furnace plate armour: you get a better armour save against attacks made from your front arc. 4+ carapace armour upgrading to a 3+ save would be pretty brutal though.

The real trick would be figuring out how much each enforcer is worth so you don't inadvertently flatten any gang they run up against. If you're planning to use them as an NPC force in a campaign then that's a lot less of an issue.

Yeah, only thing that's missing is the fluff section (cool but superfluous) and the 6 scenarios. I might knock them out later, but they're not that useful unless you have the tiles and/or an actual Zone Mortalis board kicking about.

Didn't someone make a pretty good scan of the fluff section a couple of days ago? Also, with the Gang War Scenarios the Rulebook Scenarios are pretty unnecessary.

As someone looking into the game for the first time, how do leadership/cool/willpower/int differ from each other? Cool/Willpower seem like they'd overlap a lot.

...It did work for Space Marines.

His vision is augmented.

Thank you! I just wish GW would bite the bullet and release everything in digital and let their customers decide which format they prefer...

>Goliath Juve can take Agility.

>Meanwhile Escher Juve....

>Meanwhile Escher skill, wow they suck at shooting.

Also who the fuck make the new skill "glossary" and think it's good? What heppen to the old table for each skill.

Leadership means rallying, both yourself and your forces, and as such is used for bottle tests and general morale-related things.
Cool means keeping your wits about you under stress and being able to make decisions instead of charging head-on, it's used for example for shooting at something but the nearest target.
Willpower isn't in the game so far to my knowledge, but will be used to resist psychic powers (and presumably similar abilities).
Intelligence is used for overriding door controls and will likely be used for similar things as well in the future (hacking stuff or using archeotech relics comes to mind).

What's a decent starting equipment for a Goliath gang?

Stub gun + cheap CC weapon for more body.

Grenade Launcher is the go-to expensive weapon.

Rivet gun is garbage.

A Stub cannon or 2 is nice for ganger if you want to do some group activation.

Combat Shotgun is better saved for later purchased because it's too expensive.

I've been listening to this album while I build, it feels appropriate to me. Hive world life might very well be a shittier South Africa.

youtube.com/watch?v=M0e_0P9OZuM

How outlandish would it be to use WW2 terrain? My personal collection and the collection of terrain at the FLGS doesn't quite have enough to make a proper hive or mechanicus setting yet. So I was thinking about cooking up some weird backstory about a forgotten and locked vault from like 38 millenia just opened up and it turns out that a bunch of rich upper hivers enjoyed the aesthetic of what is essentially 1940s Europe and this section of the hive has long since been built over and forgotten.

>Stub gun
Only two stub guns in the box. God dammit, I'll have to pressmold more.

Skip the part that it's actually 38000 years old (Necromunda simply hasn't been around for that long, at least not as an Imperial Colony) and I think you're good to go. Weird fashions are basically par for the course for imperial nobility, it's not unthinkable that one of them included some sort of pre-imperial warzone in a dome, possibly intended as a park for relaxation. Only problem I see with it is the lack of vertical terrain, but you don't HAVE to play Necromunda on vertical terrain.

I meant that this portion of the hive was from M38 not 38m years old but yeah I got yeah. We have a fair amount of cheatus and town houses that lead to a more verticle battlefeild. And as time goes own we can just make improvised ramps and gangways going from buildings to buildings etc

That would actually probably look pretty sweet...some old hive fashionista architecture that gets repurposed by underhivers by just welding scrap metal to everything to make it connected and traversable. I like it!

Ruined buildings are ruined buildings. As long as you have lots and lots of LOS blocking terrain, NM will be a blast.

>When you want to prime your models but it's been super cold or snowing for weeks.

Doesn't look like they got discount on anything,

Also the Juves is literally useless shitstain motherfucker.

And Orlock Leader have 3w, even tougher than Goliath for some reason. Cyborg body armor??

Interesting stuff, but yeah, I also don't really see why Orlock leaders and champions got both cheaper and better compared to the gangs of legend file...
Where did you get those, do you by chance have the full gang war 2 book already?

On a side note, getting 3 ammo jacks asap seems to be pretty much mandatory for any gang. Especially since they can definitely hold their own in a fight when they get drawn in.

Yuck, yeah, looks like a cheap way to get surprise combat shotguns into a turf war. There any skills that could modify the D6 roll for bringing in hangers on?

Where did you find all this?

It was streamed a few hours ago.

Are the old Outlanders rules out yet? Haven't played in forever, but still have all my old models. Goliath, Escher, Orlock, Redemptionists, Scavvies and Spyrers just waiting to be fielded again.

No Outlanders yet, just Goliath, Escher and the Gangs of Legend pdf featuring interim rules for the other 4 clan houses.

It has both infrared and the x-ray spectrum. I see your heart beating. I see you are afraid.

funnier yet is every single one of them can take overwatch.

Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out for that release. Gives me time to repaint some and make more custom terrain.

Willpower is used for Fearsome in Gang War, which is the only one so far.

>mah Boer

So far release schedule is planned until end of 2018 with one Gang War Supplement every quarter (I think), adding the 4 missing clan houses (in the order Orlock-Van Saar-Cawdor-Delaque from what I heard) as well as rules for hangers-on, additional weapons etc.
What happens beyond that is anyone's guess and likely based on the success of Necromunda as a system and its sales.

Right, forgot about that one.

Get a Master airbrush and compressor and never worry about the weather again.

The other way is melt part of the candle down, use a teaspoon glob it on the edges. Then when you have a nice thin line, just brush the back of the spoon along the edge and take off any excess. You don't need much and your corners will remain solid for years.

Lots of companies do 28mm religious iconography and I'm sure it will make your Cawdor look fanatical as fuck.

Thank you based user.

blmablog.com/2010/12/spray-priming-in-cold-weather.html
It's a three factor problem, humidity affecting adhesion, cold causing propellant to liquify and condensation. You can do it, you have to be quick, have a dry day and quick.

Blasting charges eh?

DAT AMMO JACK

Just got the old Necromunda books for you guys seeing as I saw them missing.

mega.nz/#F!oTREUCDZ!Ne5yp0H0ETOlNqd-uwOg2g

Thanks! Full color and complete would be amazing.

Outlanders is Q1 2019

In actual practice, Cool is used for pretty much everything, Leadership is used for three Skills, Will is used for resisting one skill, and Int is used for opening chests and one unbelievably shitty skill.

Even a Leader rallying Broken troops uses Cool instead of Leadership.

the more I read about necromunda the more it sounds like fun, but I know for sure there are no players in my area. How do others go about starting groups or playing online?

Go up to the manager of your LGS and say you would like to run a Necromunda league. Have people sign up.

You can also get people to join by telling them how cheap (comparatively) it is to get started in the game, since it really only takes $80 or so to get a proper gang.

>no lasguns
So much for keeping our old models.

Time to remake the entire thing if I want to play. Do I give them all shotguns, combat shotguns, or autoguns? I want to run a theme here. One or the other, not a mix (because fuck you, that's why).

That weapon list is pretty good if very vanilla compared to Escher and Goliath, which was pretty much my expectation, though I would have expected an option for bolters so your leader can have one.

Autoguns are outstanding general purpose weapons because they do D3 hits for each rolled hit so they're way more likely to wound than a lasgun with the same maximum range. Combat shotguns are very powerful close range weapons and Heavy Stubbers are easily the best heavy weapon in the game so far. God only knows what the fuck the harpoon launcher does though.

With that equipment and a 5+ save by default it should be easy to make an effective gang.

>lasguns

Then play Escher.

Lasgun is no longer armor melting laser like they're in Old time, they're now proper laser pointer.

Probably no one would buy Lasgun beside Escher anyway, Escher get them for (almost) free. Although they're pretty accurate with a massive 16" short range. So a Juve might have an easier time holding them.

Shotgun is expensive

Combat shotgun is VERY expensive.

So even if you want all your team to have shotgun, you probably won't. If you build with the new kit. It will be impossible to have all ganger using one weapon because lack of bits.

>TFW Promethium Forge raises their prices to cash in on the Necromunda hype.

My old Orlocks lived and died on their lasguns, fuck your Echer shit. And fuck nuNecromunda.

Honestly it seems GW is getting rid of a ton of universal weapons in favor of more unique gang-based selections.

> Promethium Forge

Speaking of, how well does that paint, do you have to do anything special to get it ready or anything?