Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which creature does your character share a great affinity for?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Quarterstaff of Entwined Serpents
archivesofnethys.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring of Invisibility
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/agile-maneuvers-combat/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/coordinated-maneuvers-combat-teamwork/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/surprise-maneuver/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/solo-maneuvers-combat/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aurochs. She's a shoanti barbarian and they're one of her totem animals.

>Wolves--it's even in his name
>Surprisingly, rabbits
>Dragons
>Dogs, probably

A: Fey. Because one left his daughter with a half-fey bastard son and run off into the wilds. The world has never seen more cold iron weapons flying through every random storm cloud .
B: Butterflies.
C: Wolves and deer,
D: Horses and dragons because of knights n shit.
E: None in particular.

hey! mine is too!

Hedgehogs maybe? She's a crucidaemon tiefling with nails for hair, so similar style at any rate.

So we all know Clerics aren't allowed much leeway in their alignment--but how do you play layman followers? How do you deal with heretical or wildly differing alignments?
>NE follower of Abadar
>N follower of Iomedae
>CN follower of Shelyn

How do you make things like that work? Do you even entertain that idea in your games?

Wrath of the righteous BUT player characters can only be PoW based classes (Meaning martial archetypes and PoW classes).
Good/bad idea?

Needs significant adjustment.

The last two books absolutely require both Cleric and Wizard casting.

Here's a better idea: 40PB, but everybody must be a chained monk with hungry ghost archetype and has to take the vow of celibacy.

Damn. Would any other adventure path work better or am I better off homebrewing shit?

No matter what you're doing, you'll need to strip out and redesign encounters from the ground up. No Paizo AP can handle initiators.

Be ready to buff the shit out of some of the monsters they fight so they can (maybe) survive a round, while other monsters might wreck THEM easy. Lacking a Caster will certainly hurt in an area or two.

Iron Gods, Skulls and Shackles and Council of Thieves.

Instead of mythic or in addition to it? It could be interesting to see WotR with initiation given to people instead of mythic rules.

I was thinking with, but I might scrap the idea if it gets too fucked up later on. Basically I sort of wanted a mix of wuxia feel but lots of larger than life heroics I guess.

PoW handles both wuxia and larger-than-life heroism well by itself. It also wasn't designed to work with mythis rules not that Paizo was too successful on that front either.

I might try something else then. Mostly to me, the idea of martial focused characters knocking around and beating the shit out of demons without magic was fun. They'd still get magic items and whatnot to use and fight with, but magic itself wouldn't really be allowed outside of the more mystical disciplines.

You'd have to buff the monsters pretty significantly, at least until the later books.

That's assuming you don't also give the players mythic tiers, in which case it'll be a hilariously easy campaign anyway.

Bathory was made for bully.

How did UW change viking again?

I'm actually kind of surprised there isn't just an ART for elves that gives them toughness as a bonus feat, to throw all the Martial elf wannabes a bone.

Made you count as Fighter level = Barbarian level for Rage powers, rather than Fighter = Barbarian-4

So it effectively made taking rage powers actually worth the feat? Neat.

But user, then all the caster elves would just take that for the extra survivability, and elf would be the go to intelligence based caster race.

>and elf would be the go to intelligence based caster race.

Presumably said ART would be losing the stuff that made them attractive as casters beyond "is a Dex/Int race" in the first place. Plus, it's not like other Dex/Int races with a better stat set don't exist.

Dragons, Dragons, and even more Dragons.

Fuck off with that Eberron bullshit.

Eh, good point, for some reason it didn't pass my mind you could just switch out all the caster racials for the toughness one.

How are our /pfg/ games going? I've not heard a peep

All of them are going pretty well.

One of the games is on a bit of a hiatus until after Christmas, but we're excited to get back to it!

Has anyone made not!All Might with the fool's errand discipline yet? I've been thinking of making one as a meme in my group of anime hating friends, and I'm curious how you'd go about it. I was thinking steelfist commando warlord maybe, as warlord scales out of charisma and all might is pretty charismatic. Another pick would be the initiating archetype for vigilante, but I'm not sure on that one, as the stalker requirement and the fluff doesn't quite fit what I had in mind, but the dual identity seems spot on.

The name would be Full Force or something similarly goofy and close to All Might.

>A
Birds
>B
Bugs
>C
Foxes

Trolls unfortunately. He was brought back to life by an alchemist. The experiment granted him their regenerative properties but unfortunately also gave him their advanced metabolism and ravenous hunger

Just get a ring of sustenance m8

Has anyone noticed that Spheres of Might allows you to impale enemies on other enemies?

But can you impale enemies with other enemies?

I've designed a level 3 character that can do this.

that's gay

Why would anyone worship a god they're not getting powers from?

Delightful

Source?

I wonder how that work. Would I lose my regeneration as it's enough to sustain me but not fuel that, or would I be sustained but remain ravenously hungry?

Of course GM won't say anything unless I try

No idea sonny

What are some character gimmicks you've seen?

Good question, since the description says it "refreshes the body and mind" in regards to the shorter rest needed it probably fucks with metabolism too.
If i were your GM i'd have it free you of the hunger cramps, but also nerf your troll regen to a very weak fast healing unless you ate a shitton of meat during the last X hours/days

Due to the mechanics involved, a creature with fast healing or regeneration cannot die from hunger or thirst.

They will however, pass the fuck out from it, and then be stuck there. Any further nonlethal damage becomes lethal, but only the nonlethal damage is forbidden from being healed until you eat something.

The nonlethal damage which becomes lethal is free to be healed, so you end up stuck at 'just enough nonlethal damage to be unconscious' but can't die because the lethal gets healed.

So best case scenario it weakens my regeneration but I get to live a normal life. Worst case, it could render me feeling fine until I permanently pass out

I don't think worst case applies here, the other user was merely stating that if you wouldn't ever eat anything, you'd still be unable to die.

No, that's exactly what I was saying.

His nonlethal damage equals his current hp, so he passes out. That nonlethal damage can't be healed until he eats. Any excess nonlethal damage which gets converted to lethal damage is healed by the regeneration.

Im a level 11 drow cleric of evil. Help me torment my rapist's soul.

Kill him. His soul will be condemned to the Abyss, where he will suffer unimaginable torments that will strip away his very identity and render him little more than a barely-sentient grub. You should know about this process, being a priestess of evil.

How do you delete someone else's post?

I don't know!

I've tried everything, but nothing works.

Sharia Blue prooved that m00two can be bought, so just get a mod position

Like this.

>Priestess.
Bitch please. If I was a woman drow I wouldn't have been in a position to be raped

How does one build a steelfist commando warlord?

Should I max into cha for big bonuses, or should I just go full strength so I can actually land the hits to get the big bonuses, or perhaps I should just give up and play something that's not a warlord?

I'm looking to build a charismatic punchman.

If you're a man then you're not a cleric.

>Should I max into cha for big bonuses, or should I just go full strength so I can actually land the hits to get the big bonuses,
Neither? You need them both.

Depends on the setting.

Never said he was a respected one.

How do I make a wyvern fight interesting. How are they different from a dragon other than swapping the breath weapon for a stinger?

Terrain? Give it encounter specific abilities like bringing some of the cave/forest/whatever crashing down, and creating difficult terrain.

>Wrath of the righteous
stopped there. bad idea

We'll the terrain is wooded foothills. It's attacking a nest of griffons that are the natural defenders of a local village

So I'm looking at the new spheres stuff, and the Technician's Mad Scientist archetype is really appealing to me. But the game I'm thinking of playing him in has no standard magic, only spherecasting. Is there a rule or guide or something somewhere for how to use Supernatural Science with sphere effects instead of spells?

How would you play a LN Life Channeler Druid who worships Erastil?
Can it be done?

I want the BBEG to be a JRPG-style hero who saved the world and became king who then used his reputation to create a cult of personality and inspire the empire to corruption and oppression of the neighboring nations.

Which is a better motive?

>They were always just a dick from the start, they saved the world because of circumstance rather than convictions
Simple, but shallow

>They want to avoid a cold war/commoners with nukes scenario by spreading a unified culture that suppresses unorthodox magic and only allows pre-approved spells, to prevent the rise of another unusually strong caster who may grow to threaten the world. They aren't above resorting to underhanded methods for their cause.
Interesting and sort of understandable, but hard to pull off and risks inconsistencies depending on what evil stuff they do.

>They're an old god trapped in human form, and they directly gain power by spreading the culture of the central empire
Simple and makes sense, but runs into the same problem as 1; his motive boils down to 'because he wants to' and can't be reasoned with

>Other

What feats are fitting for assassin-kind of characters?

You know what, it's obvious now that I've typed it out.
I go with all three.

>He's primarily motivated by selfishness, but it's true that his regime has kept the nation stable compared to a century ago when there was an anarchy of rogue casters who caught civilians in the crossfire. The king is aware of this and sees it as a side benefit.

>One of his trusted allies is a god in human form (with mostly human powerlevel) and benefits from all the gathered belief, so helps the king with his plans.

placating an even greater evil that not even they could defeat

Depends on how you want to kill people.

Sniping? Stabbing? Explosives?

Considering that half the players and most of the GMs around here are lewd-obsessed zealots who are all "GAS THE CHAOTIC GOODS, ALIGNMENT WAR NOW"?

No, that doesn't happen around here. And it probably never will as long as the current crop of namefags stays in power.

What do you recommend for each method?

One game made it to Book 2! I have it on good authority that some of the characters even smooched.

It depends on the class, and what you expect to fight.

Slayer works for the first two, and Alchemist for the last one.

Yes. I'm planning 2-3 characters based on these two classes.

What are the options for improving Combat Maneuvers?

Most games are on their Book 2, RotJR is on its third book (technically), and LoBaF is going into its third book. Most of them, oddly enough, have pretty much lined up.

>Improved [maneuver] feats
>Other feats that provide CMB bonuses
>Size increases
>Racial bonuses
>Weapon enhancements like Countering
>Wondrous items that boost CMB checks
>Class features
>Initiator maneuvers like Blade of Breaking
>Boost Strength, or Dexterity if you're using Agile Maneuvers

Who smooched?!

Your mom and a dog.

Slow and Sappy please go.

Corwin and Rubio

that's gay

That's love

Motherfuckers must be really thirsty if they had a crossover RP just to bang.

What are some good infinite use on command magic item?

I am trying to find something to go along well with Pathfinder Savant ability to use magic item at your caster level.

Something like
archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Quarterstaff of Entwined Serpents

Or

archivesofnethys.com/MagicRingsDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ring of Invisibility

> At 8th level, the arcane physician can expend a spell slot of 1st level or higher as a standard action to alter a potion or alchemical remedy held in hand. An alchemical remedy can become any other alchemical remedy of the same or lower price of the arcane physician’s choice. A potion can change to contain any alchemist extract of the arcane physician’s choice that belongs to the healing subschool and is of the same level as or lower than the expended spell slot. The extract must have no material component costing more than 1 gp, and it must be one that it is possible to make into a potion.

Doesnt changing potion into extract mean you cant give it to other people?

LoBaF is going well as is Intrigue. Though Intrigue has been off for two weeks due first to holidays then to one player having exams, I’m looking forward to getting back to it as we left on a cliffhanger.

Bout to play my first Pathfinder Campaign. Homebrew monster races only. I'm thinking Gravewalker Witch. With the race that is mostly a human clone stat-wise.

So.. if I take rich parent traits and use all the money to buy rats then kill them all before the campaign start. Do I start with 9,000,000 exp?

No.

Which are the best Combat Maneouvers and which are the worst?

To be fair, Hungry Ghost has some funny infinite ki shenanigans about it, especially with the release of the waveblade.

What's so special about the waveblade?

It's the only monk quality weapon with 18-20 crit rate

With ascetic style, you can basically get 10+ attack per rounds by level 12

Steal Ki (Ex)

At 5th level, a hungry ghost monk can steal ki from other creatures, though this ability is controversial in some circles of monks, who see it as nothing less than a form of vampirism. If the monk scores a confirmed critical hit against a living enemy or reduces a living enemy to 0 or fewer hit points, he can steal some of that creature’s ki. This ability replenishes 1 spent ki point to the monk’s ki pool, as long as the monk has at least 1 ki point in his pool.

Tell us about the campaign and the rest of the party.

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/agile-maneuvers-combat/
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/coordinated-maneuvers-combat-teamwork/
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/surprise-maneuver/
>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/solo-maneuvers-combat/