/casual/ mtg

Casual thread for filthy casuals. Everyone's welcome. Even edh players, just post what you're playing on your kitchen table.
>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-12-17-rakdos-devotion/

Gonna try this spicy little piece out when I get the cards in
>t1 cackler
>t2 shred freak
>t3 gouger or avatar
>t4 fanatic for 7, or exhume up a gray merchant and hit for 8
>t5 merchant
>t6 provided I'm still alive after making the whole table hate me, proceed to sweep fools under the carpet

What casual shit are you brewing Veeky Forums? Who you playing with?

I'm playing a stomping Naya, with power 5 or greater thing going on. They fucking hate my Woolly Thoctars, and I love it. I'm playing on brewing a Bant exalted deck next, because why not.

That doesn't sound too bad desu. I got that one friend at the table running mono blue mill who just sorta randomly decides who he's focus firing on that night.
>decides his target
>will actively ignore bigger threats being played at the table to counter what they're doing
He's a cunt but still pretty fun to play with

Not seriously brewing much now, just enjoying playing my brews.

An angel deck that uses Mond Stones and Signets to ramp into DoJ, Tithes, and Baneslayer, with Aurelia and Gisela at the top of the curve. Few copies of Nahiri to dump unneeded ramp, remove shit, and cheat Gisela into play.

A Mardu vampire deck I made is fun, as is my RB control deck that uses Chandra's Phoenix after I wipe. I also made a double strike tribal deck, and none of my friends like playing against it.

I have a super budget Zoo I'm thinking of turning midrange. I have thoctors, elephants, and Fleecemane that is keep in it. What cards would you recommend.

How do you get enough people together to draft?

one at the time, with casual, nonchalant approach and generous use of chloroform

>Blue Mill
RRRREEEEE!!!! I do free for all and I fucking hate it when my other two buddies play their blue decks. I'm get fucking shat on constantly.
He's expensive mana wise, but I do like the archetype of endurance because of the hexproof. I also like Spearbreaker and Spellbreaker (since my deck is built for 5 or greater), since they keep the counters and destroy off my back. I also find Gleam of Battle and Glory of Warfare work well together as well,and you can never forget about good old Fervor and Primal Rage.

Bump

>Playin
RB Spiteful Visions and Mono-U cycling. I play on cockatrice with some buddies. I'm the best player out of us all so I run jank/silly decks. The RB deck gets insane, with people drawing 6 and taking 24 being an eventuality. If I get out Exquisite Blood it's all over.

Cycling deck us silly, but real bad. Basically nearly all Amonkhet block with some older spice added in.
Ominous Sphinx with New Perspectives is a pretty good lock.

>Brewin
Trying to work on all-in red centered around Demigod of Revenge, because it's hilarious. Suggestions?

pizza and drinks usually does the trick

>every Wednesday me and my friends get together for a couple of free for all magic matches
>playing planechase, my deck is RG tron, my opponents are a mardu curse deck, the nicol bolas starter deck with some upgrades, mono blue mill that I mentioned earlier, mono green stompy, grixis wheels, and white black tokens.
>second plane we get to before we even hit me reads "you can play as many lands you want on your turn.
>in hand, a mountain, mine, power plant and treasure map.
>achieve tron turn 1 proceed to get dogpiled the rest of the game.
>lose but don't even care because it took 4 of them to take me out.

Twas a damn good night of magic lads.

Since there isn't a ask a Judge thread I would like to try getting my answers here.
>Belk
Do I get to draw for the creatures that entered before casting it?

Nope, sorry bud

fuck you and your lands.

>How do you get enough people together to draft?
I wait for the new set, offer to split the cost of the box 6 ways and provide food/drinks.

>Do I get to draw for the creatures that entered before casting it?
No, but you do get to draw for the four bird tokens iirc

So how much do you guys spend on your decks? Most of mine are probably 100-200 bucks

Question: I was thinking about making a GW deck with both the Midnight Presence combo and the Spike Sunbond combo. Things like Heliod's Pilgrim and Commune with the Gods fetch both, and it would save me from having to spend $30 on Devoted Druids (I should have bought those when I saw them for $0.10 a card years ago). Is having the two separate combos doable? I know it's casual, but
I figured I'd ask.

Awesome. Back in high school my friends and I pooled out cards together to make a friend a GR land destruction deck. We regretted it immediately.

I've lost track. Some are legitimately only $20-50, while others probably run the same as yours, or higher. But many of my decks I've been using, retooling, and tweaking for over a decade. And now with some increased prices it'd be hard for me to tell you what some decks costed. I bough Contamination Engines for like a dollar, and a playset of the UW manland for less than what one goes for now.

I'll keep this all in mind. I used to have Glory of Warfare in a deck so I've got a few lying around. Thanks.

I have a deck that revolves around turning people's creatures into frogs and then nuking the board with damage wipes

>used to be casual with friends
>friends moved away
>started to play on cockatrice because i loved the game
>everyone is hyper competitive
>play with friends again after a year or two
>destroy them to the point where they don't want to play anymore
How do I go back to making casual deck just to have fun?

Usually the cheapest decks are the best. Keep your budget on cards down to like, a dollar or under a dollar and you won't end up making something too oppressively strong