/swg/ Durasteel Ball Run edition

Last Thread: Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

What lewd things have you done to your shipfu anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!286:18,43,203:60:15:;56:186,-1,132,-1:-1:-1:;56:172,-1,45,251:-1:-1:&sn=Silencer of the Lambdas&obs=
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vagh_Rodiek
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Implanter
chakraretreat.com/tenants-of-buddhism/
youtube.com/watch?v=svqegGYB6ac
cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/03/building-imperial-fleet-on-cheap-250.html
cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/03/building-fleet-for-cheap-2-rebel.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the Durasteelball run is secretly a front to gather the corps parts of a "jedi Martyr"

Pretty sure you mean "corpse parts".
>When you realize nobody in the Star Wars universe can spell.

Guys, come on. I thought we agreed to use our new color Trioculus art?

>Corps parts
>The parts of the Jedi's body are guarded by retired Clone Troopers who served in the Corps he commanded during the Clone Wars

So they're the Corpse Corps now?

oh my god... a spelling error is making lore ideas, then again it did the same with Sifodias

Out of all the flamethrowers in star wars, which one speaks to you?

Is the underbarrel flamethrower mod worth it?

Listen

You can't beat perfection

/swg/, I have a request for you.

Our long awaited T-65 X-wing and BTL-A4 Y-wing fix is here. Unfortunately, it comes in the sheathipede expansion, which you would only really need one of for standard use. That means that for those that want to fly XXXX or YYYY, or some combination thereof, obtaining 3 more FAA's will be difficult.

I plan on distributing FAA cards all across the US and future US (Canada) this regional season, and that means I need art to make my card with.

I either need

- the original art that was used in this card
- Art that would be good for Flight Assist Astro
- Art that would be funny to put here.

Help me /swg/, you're my only hope.

Is this list any good? I mostly chose it because holy fuck is the name great, but it seems like it could be workable?

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!286:18,43,203:60:15:;56:186,-1,132,-1:-1:-1:;56:172,-1,45,251:-1:-1:&sn=Silencer of the Lambdas&obs=

It's Silencer Kylo, a Palp Shuttle, and a Doom Shuttle.

Silencer of the Lambdas

Since someone pointed out that I spelled "Burglar" wrong in the last thread-

Does anyone else see any misspelled words or things that need to be corrected in the next print run?

How's this squad looking?

Wedge Antilles — X-Wing 29
Adaptability 0
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 30

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18
Twin Laser Turret 6
R3-A2 2
Ship Total: 26

Miranda Doni — K-Wing 29
Twin Laser Turret 6
Harpoon Missiles 4
Sabine Wren 2
Bomblet Generator 3
Long-Range Scanners 0
Ship Total: 44

Say I wanted to carry some speeder bikes in my ship, how do I figure put how many I can carry?

Cargo hold size vs speeder bike size

If you can map it out on a grid, it’ll be easier to figure out

BEST JEDI

What if you stack the bikes?

Mah nigga

Probably only 2, MAYBE 3 high unless it's a really tall ship or you break them down a bit or use a thin frame.

Look at WEG stats, they list cargo in Tonnage rather than 'Encumberance'

as a lover of concept salvage, im looking for suggestions on running a game set during the NJO series or an equivalent thereof

Build some sort of conveyor lift that can stack them along the wall, you could fit quite a few

if you're going for the Yuuhzan Vong, focus not on them being stronger, but different, other, not a hijacker of the political situation but a third player

or 4th depending on how relivant you wanna make the Neo CIS

X-COM: Star Wars edition. The Vong are sneakier, spoopier, more alien, and weirder but less edgy.

>Neo CIS
I feel like such a thing should have connections to the Ssi-Ruuk, granted I'd refluff them less as invaders from elsewhere

>sneakier

Ayysymetric warfare?

in XCOM the aliens have a tech advantage and run invasions, abductions and terror missions, xcom technically has more people, but less recourses as they have to juggle with earth's semi united governments and budget constraints, meaning they wind up deploying smaller squads of either disposable rookies or elite veterans equipped with the best gear they can reverse engineer

How many established characters showing up in your campaigns do you consider to be "too many"?

personally more then 2, and ideally the players cant interact directly with them, as spoony once said before he went mad, if you stat it, they will kill it

Sounds about right. Mine have been interacting with an old and depressed Echuu Shen-Jon, whom they're trying to get to teach them the Force. And I've had an OC Inquisitor give vague hints of being in contact with Vader, but I'm not sure yet if I actually want Vader involved in their campaign at all, since it kind of narrows their options to "escape" or "die."

Stronk? Would probably be stronger with Lowhrick, but we all know that he's not fun.

So I could fit 4 74-Z's into a Firespray?

Which is still weird. Especially on some vessels that seem to go too close to gravity wells anyway.

Needs to be volume.

Yes.
>tfw players hear "chryssalid" and "Coruscant" in the same sentence during mission briefing

did the vong have an equivalent to chryssalids? if not I think they should they made them from Colicoids

That's terrifying.

Given the fucking crab monsters they make out of Rodians.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vagh_Rodiek oh my....

judging by the sheer size of a Firespray, i'd assume "yes, with ease".

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Implanter

they got these, good for propagating zombie like thralls

Now imagine the shit they could do if let loose on an ocean world. Vong-shaped Quarren tentaculats would be pretty damn scarry.

And a good friend

As someone that's only read the X-Wing books, what are the best of the EU? I know people always talk about Thrawn.

I'm imagining the short guy in the center

The X-Wing books ARE the best of the EU. Sorry brah, its all downhill from here.

Maybe check out the rogue squadron comics.

>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.
hungry-ewok.ru

Good look getting Russian to comply with DMCA

Visually I'm seeing the top of a hydralisk. The bottom of a chryssalid, a moth based ovipositor, leading from a gullet throbbing with eggs. Able to roll in a ball for mobility and defence

I liked the KOTOR comics. people still sperg out over the Thrawn trilogy

While it’s obviously inspired by the samurai of feudal Japan, would seppuku (or a similar ritualistic suicide) still have existed in the ancient Jedi and/or Sith texts? How would it compare and contrast?

I think the important thing with the jedi is they don't really believe in redemption from the dark side. Once you're gone, you're gone. So if a jedi does something that crosses the line but doesn't flee odds are good they'd simply impale themselves on their own lightsaber and just become one with the force.

A sith probably wouldn't do it that way. They believe in transgressions being good if you can get away with them and finding a better way always being good so long as it works. There aren't really any lines to cross. If you can die at someone else's command then you obviously weren't a good enough sith and shouldn't have a ritual suicide.

It doesn't really have much to do with bushido, the fighting styles are sort of like Samurai in some ways in that there are different schools of training and techniques
(Kenjutsu and the 8 or so remaining documented fighting styles)
Keep in mind the stuff on screen is mostly barely trained actors flailing around with some degree of rehearsed choreography, so I'm pretty wary of anything people make to give them defining styles.

But for the most part if you copy-pasta'd the tenants of Buddhism its really the Jedi code-
>chakraretreat.com/tenants-of-buddhism/

>art that would be funny

I'm in phone so I can't go looking right now but I distinctly remember there being an episode of Rebels where chopper flies a ship by actively holding the controls rather than plugging in

Could make sense.
Considering obi wan commits suicide by vader, maybe you could have be a 'allow your enemy the honourable way to become one with the force' sorts deal.
Probably more likely to be something the Jedi allow of their prisoners rathe than the sith

One thing we see in the movies is Jedi struggling with feelings of guilt, with said guilt being a path to the dark side.

So, it wouldn't be out of place for a Jedi overcome by guilt to commit seppuku, rather than fall. And the Ep1/2 Jedi council wouldn't have stopped them, really; so it just takes enough occurrences to become tradition.

>I think the important thing with the jedi is they don't really believe in redemption from the dark side
That's Yoda's opinion, one formed after a kid in his order fell to the dark side and slaughtered everyone.

>REY: Master Luke, Dark Lord Snoke's Mandator has destroyed the female force tree, leaving the Porgs homeless! I'm not strong enough! And if you die, who will put an end to these Star Wars?
>LUKE (DYING): No Rey... the real Force Tree was... the friends we made along way. You are stronger than Snoke. You will put an end to these Star Wars as... The Last Jedi (dies)
REY: WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOR?

Porgs are cute.

>WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOR?
Star Wars vs. Capcom when?

That pun is terrible and the list looks fun. Not viable fun, but the kind of fun that usually involves the phrase "in flames of glory" being used at some point.

>Trained by a guy considered crazy and esoteric even by the jedi order
>Master in the art of sarcasm from a young age
>Doesn't spend all his time trying to read the future like some
>Down to earth
>Would go to a bar with for a good time
>Like this 50's theme bar run by a guy with 4 arms that he knows
>ASTOUNDINGLY good at impressions of various local fauna
>Essentially formed the rebirth of Lightsaber duelling forms within the Jedi order
>Willing to lie to the son of a good friend over what happened to his father at Yoda's request.
>The ONLY person to ever fight and beat Darth Vader at his prime
>Fought him to a standstill the second time around, literally duelled from the tractor beam to the hangar bays.
>THEY WERE ON DIFFERENT LEVELS. A LIFT WAS INVOLVED.
>Kindly ghost dad
>Gives good advice even from beyond the grave

...it checks out.

Indeed.

It's Thursday, which means it's upcoming page update day.

Place your bets - Legion done printing? Armada starting printing?

Both should occur any week now, theoretically.

Plus we get the movement / combat Legion preview tomorrow. It's gotta be getting close.

"Wave 13 now availible" article.

“It’s over, Anakin! My stand, High Ground, and I will be sure to defeat you and your Master, PALP. Your stand Chosen One cannot protect you from justice forever.”

Serious question- what is Jojo's plot actually about? I've seen a handful of clips and a shitload of memes, but I can't seem to make sense of any of it.

>Kylo Ren will never eat a wake-up Shoryuken like a scrub

Why live?

Each part has it's own plot so it depends.

>hey, we have to fight this guy now
>why?
>every time you ask that, I'll give you a more contrived reason
>Wh- oh god, you weren't joking

Basically a bunch of people with psychic manifestations called 'Stands' that give them each a unique superpower play I Have The High Ground against each other for 52 episodes an arc.

It's actually pretty cool because a lot of the powers are super bullshit and used in super bullshit ways.

Different plots and different main characters (who are nicknamed JoJo from their full name ex. Johnathan Joestar, Joseph Joestar, etc. all related and possessing the star birthmark of the Joestar family) usually fighting Dio Brando or some other evil entity. It also references classic rock and roll bands/songs. It’s, for lack of a better word, bizarre and over the top, but it’s fucking great

Also, my post is based more on the style of Tetsuo Hara, the man behind Fist of the North Star. Couldn’t pass up the opportunity for a muthafukkin’ JoJo reference

Except for the first two plot arcs, which were done before Stands. In arc 1, British Kenshiro uses solar martial arts to punch muscle vampires to death with the aid of Italian Sean Connery and Speedwagon. In arc 2, Derek Zoolander and Hansel McDonald fight ancient Aztec muscle vampires using arc 1's solar martial arts, elaborate trickery, running away, and Third Reich superscience.

Arc 2 is also the best arc.

Good guys with superpowers beat bad guys with superpowers.
Good guys and bad change along with the setting each part but that's the basic formula for a JoJo story.

Yes it did.

youtube.com/watch?v=svqegGYB6ac

>Not 4
>Not 6
>Not 7

There are multiple parts each with their own different JoJo. But, basically:

>Part 1: (Pre-1900) Johnathan Joestar's father decides that adopting DIO Brando is a good idea. It isn't. Then he decides to just keep an aztec mask that turns those who wear it into vampires lying about. This is also a poor idea.
>Part 2: (1930's) Jojoh-no not more aztec vampires. I hope you like Joeseph he's going to be appearing in a lot more of these.
>Part 3: (1980's) The one everyone knows of. Za Waludo, Roadrollers (dah) and Stands get used for the first time. Essentially a fairly standard shonen adventure... until they get to Cairo. Then the gloves come off, the shit hits the fan, and everyone's plot armour stops working. EVERYONES.
>Part 4 (1990's) The tiresome highschool arc that is vastly overrated and has one of the weaker finales of any JoJo. FIGHT ME. WE ALL KNOW IT'S TRUE.
>Part 5 (1990's again) I think it's about the Mafia? And Dio has a son now? And nobody to this day can work out what the fuck Diavolo's powers actually are? At this point JoJo's adventure has gotten TOO Bizarre.
>Part 6 (2000's maybe?) Girls in Prison. With Stand powers.
>Part 7 (1800's) Alt-Universe story involving horseracing, and stands, and parts of jesus. Also the final boss is THE PRESIDENT. I'm sure Zepplini will survive this time!
>Part 8 (I don't even know anymore) Jason Bournes Bizarre Adventure.

I can chemically prove you wrong as those arcs contain no Ceaser, No Whamu and only trace amounts of Speedwagon.

>star wars mods out the ass in XCom 2 WOTC
>doing a covert op, send a couple of my soldiers out on it

>get ambushed
>mission begins, start booking it for the extract
>"Wraith One, you've got Advent coming on your position."

Time to get some new recruits and build Wraith Squadron to send on every single covert op.

Try playing with the Fulton rewards mod, in conjunction with the latest playable aliens mod

I havent checked out the latest playyable yet, but ive got ones for twi'leks, zabraks and the rest. There's a few dotted around my roster.

Tell me about Armada. Is it fun? Is it very different from x-wing gameplay-wise?

Also let's say I would grab a core set for some casual games with gf - what should I buy next? Is getting cards for armada lists as annoying as for x-wing?

Yes it's fun as shit if you like thinking about a whole game from the start. It's also rather well balanced, with how you use what you have mattering way more than what you brought. Also very different from X-wing: there's way more moving parts between different ships and squadrons, you can't really meaningfully avoid damage most of the time so shit dies and dies fast, and it is way less luck dependent than X-wing is. It can also be substantially more punishing than X-wing if you fuck up, but I think even the Core set gives you a fun, if somewhat one dimensional, game.

As for buying stuff, really whatever the hell you want. The large ships are fun and suitably powerful. The only thing I'd say you should buy is at least one of each of the squadron packs, and a pair of flotillas for each faction. Also don't worry about upgrade cards as much, they don't have the power in Armada that they do in X-wing, and most ships come with the crucial ones that you'd want to run it with. The only thing close to a fix is some of the cards that come in the Quasar fix the Victory, but that's a $30 ship that you're probably going to want anyway and it comes with two. Also the really important stuff gets printed as tourny prizes so there's a bunch of them floating around, like leading shots, turbolaser reroute, and assault proton torpedoes.

Guys, I try not to think LFL is retarded most of the time.

But the TLJ visual dictionary is in hands now. It probably contains spoilers, but in non-spoiler retardation:
The B/SF-17 is NOT the B/SF-17, it is the MG-100 StarFortress.
And apparently all T-85 X-Wings in existence were with the NR fleet at their capital, making the T-70 the most advanced model (So were there no 75 and 80?)

What the fuck, licensing department and story group?

>And apparently all T-85 X-Wings in existence were with the NR fleet at their capital
If this is true, I can't wait to see how much more retarded LFL can get. Just when I think nucanon can't disappoint me any further, they seem to find new ways.

Upload images of it either under spoiler tags or links.

This is all I have. I am merely reporting what the internet whispers to me.

Not gonna lie, I do love that uniform/helmet look.

>magazine "clip"

Is the T-85 mentioned on a different page?

>MG-100 StarFortress.

Cool so the much better name isn't going to be the one on my X-wing dials. Disney, what the actual fuck.

>Tell me about Armada. Is it fun?

Yes. It's probably my favorite miniatures game, period. (I'm not a huge fan of the core set experience, however.)

>Is it very different from x-wing gameplay-wise?

Yes. It's much more strategic - the game can often be over before you're even done with deployment if you've set up wrong; ships take a MINIMUM of 2 turns to turn around (and that's only the very most agile); and so on and so forth.

Whereas X-Wing is about the tactical engagement of trying to predict movement and surprising your opponent with what you set on your dials, Armada is more about thinking two turns ahead and leaning back in your chair stroking your beard while your master plan unfolds.

>Is getting cards for armada lists as annoying as for x-wing?

No. Not even close.

If you own one of every expansion (or everything for one faction, with a friend playing the other faction you can borrow from), I could probably count the cards you'd potentially yearn for duplicates of on one hand.

>Also let's say I would grab a core set for some casual games with gf - what should I buy next?

Mostly, it's up to you. The game is very balanced and wide open.

cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/03/building-imperial-fleet-on-cheap-250.html
cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/03/building-fleet-for-cheap-2-rebel.html

Have some fleets you could build if you want to get up to 400 point (tournament standard) games on the cheap (~$100 plus the core set).

Otherwise, I'd echo the other comment - buy 1x of Squadrons 1 (for each side) and Rogues and Villains, a flotilla box for each, and then a ship of your preference for each. If you wanna smash big ships together, the MC80 and ISD are both fine purchases early on. Following release order is a fine way to understand the current meta, by tracing the path it took to get here.

Part 6 has the best Jojo, yeah, but its really weak apart from that - poor Jolyne gets shafted more than any Jojo in what she gets to do.

Best parts are 2, 4 and 7.

My question is - how much do people play Armada compared to X-Wing?

I played a little X-Wing before I moved and am wondering how the two compare in players.

X-Wing is more popular by far. Older, lower cost of entry, shorter games, and whatever je ne sais quoi made X-Wing explode out the gate the way it did.

Varies pretty dramatically by region, as these things do.

Generally X-wing has more players, that is without doubt.

Locally, I have two games clubs. One plays a lot of Armada (two, three games a night) and no Xwing, while the other has three games of Xwing and maybe one Armada.

While at uni though I struggled to find a game, and both local clubs and my gaming society there didn't have any players.

Point is, it's a toss up. Check for local players on the FFG forums, get in touch with locals clubs and FLGS.

And if you're in the north of England hit me up

>having two flgs which play xwing and armada respectively
Im jealous as shit.
Im in fucking L O N D O N and ive only got one.
How does that even work?

>And if you're in the north of England hit me up
same except ohio

also, check facebook for "[state/region] armada" groups

Higher rents. My shop in Westchester NY gets traffic up from NYC.

Is Armada going to get sequel trilogy ships like X-Wing? Admittedly I'd like to have a Resurgent class Battlecruiser.

I would too, it's a cool looking ship.

Who knows. Haven't so far.

Our upcoming wave is Rebels/Rogue One, so maybe wave 8.

>Whereas X-Wing is about the tactical engagement of trying to predict movement and surprising your opponent with what you set on your dials, Armada is more about thinking two turns ahead and leaning back in your chair stroking your beard while your master plan unfolds.
How long does it take to play a single armada game?
>cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/03/building-imperial-fleet-on-cheap-250.html
>cannotgetyourshipout.blogspot.com/2017/03/building-fleet-for-cheap-2-rebel.html
This look really helpful, thanks

Also any useful desktop or mobile stuff like list builders etc? I find digital tools really handy for x-wing