>1e is where it began
>2e was an incomplete revision
>3e was cancer
>Zweihander is shit
>4e will be the true edition reborn

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=elLiTpFBpnI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it is anywhere as good as The One Ring that will be true. I wonder what they have planned in the way of supplements.

e will be the true edition reborn
I'm envious of your optimism

Cubicle 7 does good stuff. The One Ring is A+, the Middle Earth supplement for 5e is B+ (mostly the D&D shit hurts it).

>1e is where it began
The Polish translation that made WFRP the mainstay system in lieu of D&D (at least for a while) made entire generations of roleplayers believe that the "Concealment: rural/urban" (or whatever it was called) skill was called "Sneaking in the countryside/in town" and it was considered bizarre and nobody exactly understood how and why it worked, so they merged the two skills.
>2e was an incomplete revision
Maybe, but it still made so many good changes that I'm not surprised people moved to it. Gone is the inane alignment system and ridiculous crit table, a lot of busywork went out the window, and about the only fault is that it decided to retcon a ton of shit and start off the game in a much maligned Storm of Chaos era.

How much do we actually know about how 4e works. I don't think i've seen much about the mechanics of the game.

Even if 4th ed is grand, someone on Veeky Forums will hate it, and will tell you how much they hate it every chance they get

>trusting GW
>2017

But GW isn't writing this, Cubicle 7 are.

Of course, but i will secretly play it and still act grogrardly on Veeky Forums

What's the problem with Zweihander exactly?

Just asking out of curiousity cause I never read the rulebook but I heard it was supposed to be an improved version of WFRP 2e. But everytime someone mention it on tg it's to say how shit this game is.

Actually, it's pretty good

3rd wasn't that bad. 2nd is where the lore is at.

Zweihander decided to shit up WFRP 2e's combat more than it already was, also the creator is a cunt.

It fixes problems 2e never had, or creates new - sometimes worse - ones. The author is a total cunt who shills his game all over the place, constantly go ogling about it.

As much as I love the world of warhammer, I am not certain if I would want to RP in this setting. It seems a little black and white to me, where you cannot make that many interesting decisions. Curious if this book or setting fixes this issue. For example, Star wars EOTE fixed this issue by taking place in the outskirts.

From what I have been able to gather Zweihander is comparable to warhammer rp, ya? Can you go wrong going with Zweihander? I want to run a fantasy campgain, is it better to use the core warhammer rp rules and then just create my own setting or go zweihander?

i have also been able to glean that the creator Daniel is difficult.

It's pretty easy to convert WFRP to non-warhams settings, as long as you keep the general tone of gritty murder and keep "magic isn't really meant for humans to use and is hella dangerous" in the setting. Everything else is just adjusting some gloss and polish.

Is there anything actually mechanically wrong with Zweihander, or is it just that the creator is a cunt?

Well, I agree with the "1e is where it began" part, at least. =\

>3e was cancer
>muh percentiles!

I'm not exactly into paying over $100 for the base requirements to play a glorified card game.

As someone who actually got into RPG's with 3e, it wasn't a bad game. It wasn't what people expect from WHFRP, but our group actually found the components really useful and intuitive. Once we got into other games we realised they weren't necessary, but a lot of them still had pretty practical uses as reminders or tangible little things to keep track of your choices rather than doing lots of bookkeeping.

Eat a buffet of dicks, Daniel.

WFRP threads are forever doomed while this cunt breathes.

I think that's the real reason many WFRP fans were mad about about 3e. The people who were fans of 2e and familiar with the rules ended up getting an expensive system with a bunch of tchotchkes designed to explain stuff they already knew or didn't really need in the first place. It's like the complaint people who are familiar with Call of Cthulhu have against Trail of Cthulhu.

It was an update aimed at making it easier for new players to get into the game rather than giving existing fans something to care about.

Yeah. It was honestly a really good introductory fantasy RPG, I just don't think it made any sense alongside the WHFRP license.

I think it's just the guy behind it is kind of an asshole. I actually have the pdf, and it pretty cool desu

>He didn't get it for 60$ on amazon

What a retard

>Not having everything you need to play a game in a single $40 book and/or $20 pdf
I too enjoy spending as much money as possible on pretend games.

You missed out, it was really fun.

Except it was the same setting in almost all ways except rolled back a few decades. Almost every 2nd and most 1st edition books still worked for fluff and I found the modules to convert quite easily.

>tfw me and 6 of my close friends are enjoying Zweihander on a weekly basis
>tfw 4e salty cunts could join in but instead are waiting for an inferior product that had to be rethought due to the success of Zweihander

This never happened, Daniel.

But Trail is actually good.

It compensates for a problem that doesn't exist if you're not a shitty CoC GM.

'The GM can fix it' is not a defence of design flaws.

Who is this Daniel? He can't be all these people. I'm not but we play Zweihander and its pretty dope as shit. It's not the best rpg in the world, but its pretty great.

CoC rules are really shitty though. Gumeshoe was a much better choice for the rule system instead of that cancer or a percentile system.

Daniel Fox is the insufferable asshat who wrote Zweihänder.

It is when the main thing Trail was designed to avoid (letting major clue finding come down to a die roll) is mentioned as something you shouldn't ever do in the GM section of every CoC book.

It's mentioned in more than just CoC. It was still a common enough actual game issue for GUMSHOE to be famous for fixing it.

How so? I've been playing CoC for years and have never had an issue with the rules.

Sounds like the issue is with people not paying attention to a common sense piece of advice that is readily available than a flaw with the system.

Idiot proofing is a function of an RPG system, even if it's not the most important one.

this

Really, the only other worthwhile Mythos games to me besides the old standby are Delta Green and Cthulhu Dark.

Back to the point of the thread, is it easy to GM for WHFRP 2e?

>"Fixing" a problem that only exists because people refuse to take advice cited in the rulebook for the game they're playing by making a game about solving mysteries where the players can spend points to solve the mystery
Thrilling.

But what is so bad about him? Someone mentioned he is an asshole, but that isn't much of a claim. I need more. What are some examples of things he's done?

To be honest with the release of Delta Green, i don't really see any reason to use CoC anymore.
If you want to play in the 20s or some other time period, just rename some skills, remove some and add another and so on.

>It seems a little black and white to me, where you cannot make that many interesting decisions.
You need to shake off the modern AoS view of the setting, I think. The older iteration (in which most of the fluff, especially for 2nd ed, was written) was absolutely NOT black and white. I mean, sure, there was plenty of dark side, but not much of a counterbalance to it. Most of the adventures just revolved around trying to mitigate the carnage (or benefit from it). Character alignment was generally somewhere on the spectrum from dark gray to pitch black.

Have you played tons of other systems? It's like when I explain to rpgers I meet at my FLGS that D&D isn't your only option for fantasy game and describe games that do x better than D&D whatever regard. However, if they have never played another rpg before, no matter how hard I try describe it to them, they just don't get it because they have no frame of reference.

But in short: CoC just feels like an rpg rule set that has the CoC brand name glued to it and tweaked a little, where Trail has a rule set designed for the genre and mechanics that actually lend themselves to the type of story being told, instead of just being an average simulation guideline.

It's pretty easy if you're familiar with the tone of the setting. If you're really struggling all of the published adventures are formatted in such a way that you can just read most of them verbatim at the table and have a pretty serviceable game.

Yeah, I've played a few different horror systems (Unknown Armies, new Delta Green, and Dread are my big three in this regard) as well as WFRP, obviously, The One Ring, Everyone Is John, and a bunch of different D&D editions.

Managing to shit up every single WFRP-thread here?

And not just here - i think he got banned from therpgsite and rpg.net for aggressive shilling after being told to stop multiple times.

>we play Zweihander and its pretty dope as shit. It's not the best rpg in the world, but its pretty great.
What is good about it?

John Tarnowski aka rpgpundit who runs therpgsite is a asshat who thinks if you use his real name (that you can easily find out online) your doxing him so as far as i can tell that's why Daniel was banned from that site. as for rpg.net he may have shilled a few too many times on the site but what kills me was that the reason he was banned was for trying to raise funds for people effected by a hurricane, if i remember right, his game was part of a bundle were the proceeds went to the victims and they banned him for telling people about it.

just r&i

Just stop Daniel.

Shut up John Tarnowski why don't you emulate Hunter s Thompson some more and eat a bullet. pic related it's you you fat sack of shit.

I can explain user.

All the salt you see about Daniel is simply mad pirates.

They single handedly blame the man for taking down their precious troves of piracy which contained hundreds of licensed works.

Of course one man must be responsible for this, they see correlation and imply causation.

Ergo they will relentlessly shit up every thread about Warhammer til the end of time, especially if people want to take about 2e inspired works.

Very gritty, amazing trauma tables, the ap system for combat is A+.

If you want a very violent, thrilling, dirty, gritty, low fantasy with horrifying magic that'll blow your hands off when you use it wrong, its the RPG for you.

If you want to be super powerful fantasy heroes that save the Multiverse, D&D will suit you better.

Looking pretty tubby yourself, dude. You could at least have had your artists shave off a few pounds for your self insert.

>It seems a little black and white to me

AoS maybe.

The original is more Grey on Brown (everything's gone to shit, we're all gonna die, AND it's raining).

>like WFRP
>every thread about it gets derailed by some asshole shilling his retroclone or shitposters.

I rest my case. Go make a containment thread and sperg about Zweihander there.

>there are shitters on the internet

THen you call them a fag and move on.

Back other Kickstarters to advertise in their comments section.

youtube.com/watch?v=elLiTpFBpnI

What really? That's both hilarious and extra shitty at the same time

Don't really see the problem, the campaign got cash and he got a little advertisment

It's pretty shitty and rude thing to do.

Daniel got his game done, that's true, but i get the feeling his reputation suffered a massive blow in various places on the internet, which might not matter to him much, unless of course he ever tries to kickstart anything else in the future.

All in all, Daniel is an obnoxious asshat.