Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Blood Anglets getting replaced by Primaris Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Jimmy Broadway as Visarch model
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=3J7B3r1ZDvA

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBSU4SBrNJU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for people are fucking retarded.

And we'll follow up those dubs with confirmation that:

You can shoot characters that have a wound characteristic of 10+.

You can overwatch characters if the defending unit is not engaged.

You can't choose not to fight in the fight phase.

Anyone who argues should be dragged out of the store and shot.

1th for Lamenters being relevant again.

>You can shoot characters that have a wound characteristic of 10+.
>You can overwatch characters if the defending unit is not engaged.
Not until faq clarifies

Where dis flowchart at

Yes, but can you target a character in a psy phase? Or in a Fight phase with something like the Music of the Apocalypse?

What? The Blood Angels Primaris have the geneseed flaws? That's lore rape.

Besides "you can choose what to summon " what's good for summoning?

Like shit its also basically a guaranteed wound.

Summoning is shit, there's no reason to use it in matched play other than to avoid detachment limitations or reduce drops for first turn advantage.

>scions with melta/plasma spam and Tonga trukks accompanied by assassins and deathwatch
Could it be viable? If so, how? I want an inquisition strikeforce

It's in the BRB you can shoot characters with wounds of 10+

>"This does not apply to CHARACTERS with a Wounds characteristic of 10 or more, due to their sheer size."

CA does not change this at all.

>"Any enemy CHARACTER with less than 10 wounds can only be targeted if it is both visible to the firer..."

It does not specify 10 REMAINING wounds, it says flatly, a character with less than 10 wounds.

Report for summary execution please.

Does anybody have a Mega or some sort of repository for the horus heresy audiobooks? I remember finding at least the first three in the series in audiobook format around a year ago here.

I don't have 50 shekels for a single book in audio format.

Nope! It's always been they don't have them YET, user. It's currently happening.

Targeting characters only applies during the Shooting Phase. It is clearly stated in the BRB.

Anyone k ow what the rough ratios should be with water:paint:thinner?

when /40k/ plays their games, do they declare all their actions like in battle reports? what's the etiquette on chatter?

Well, it wasn't a "flowchart", as much as a list of criteria.

>Red: Fluff
>Yellow: Gameplay
>Green: Models
>Blue: Price

>Las cannon is more effective than a fucking flamer or blast weapon against swarms

What the fuck gw

They specified characteristic and didnt in CA.

It's because of the way damage now works.

>Alpha legion intentionally pushing the primaris angels to go into the thirst

For what purpose?

>Summoning is shit, there's no reason to use it in matched play

I use it to get my Bloodletters 9" away. Because they won't make it to the 9" marker if they were running.

So you can't shoot anyone with Music of the Apocalypse because you can't target anyone? You can't cast Infernal gaze? Fuck off.

They also didn't capitalize 'Wounds' in CA so therefore we can guess that 'wounds' are something new that no one has on their datasheet, so it's moot.

>Visible

Whoa guess that Trumps CA too.

>a week’s worth of discussion on this stupid CA rewording
>when no one ever will use this spam in a game, and every single tourney will slap it down in a single blow
I just want to talk about my gay marines

They were probably trying to bait them into the rage, more than the thirst.

No, I posted the character entry to show that people whining about not targeting characters is only ever a thing in the shooting phase.

You can blast the fuck out of them with psychic powers or hit them with Music attacks. Don't be a retard. Read. Reading is good. You're not illiterate, clearly, so use your fucking brain.

>We do not and can not have knowledge about that.

But we do because just like judges are the appliers of abstract laws to tangible situations. Players are the appliers of game rules to tangible situations. Therefore it is their duty to decide how to apply them.

>What about laws that are completely nonsensical?

There are various situations they can appear in.
But the one i think you tried to refer to are laws that are so nonsensical that they are not applied by any legal body. I dont have the english translation of it but such things exist.

In other cases if you think the laws are unjust-nonsensical etc. You can take them to the Supreme Courts, provided they are non-conforming to the constitution itself.
Since there is no equivelent for plastic toy soldier fighting rules it is not a relevant question.
You can apply what i have written beforehand to them.

Blame the autists who LOOK for anything possible to shit on GW for. It’s ridiculous

More leaks of the BA?

Yeah and why don't they fix it.
You should only take 1 damage max for swarms. That was the entire fucking point.

Fucking nurgling swarms are actually WEAKER against high damage attacks.

>he thinks discussion happens on 40kg, instead of autistic shitflinging

leave the retards or you'll get covered in drool. It's not worth it man.

That change we will need to wait for an FAQ about, cause we've already established GW rules authors are autistic as fuck.

It's retarded and I know I won't be using that rule nor will anyone else in my group cause it doesn't make sense. This is different from the inbred talking all philosophical and trying to save his ass from the frying pan; Being incapable of shooting cause you've got shit on radar but can't see it is retarded.

Like thank God they streamlined EVERY thing that was unique. Now everything is a fucking monsterous creature.

>2cp for this

LMAO

Dork Angles get cucked!

It's not perfect but it's better than being able to snipe a character because you've lined up two of your transports on either side of the unit so that only a character on the other side of the board surrounded by the rest of their army is visible and target-able.

Because now damage doesn't spill over you fucking idiot. That's why you have to slow-roll d3/d6 damage against models with multiple wounds. If you have 3 and someone hits you with 3 lascannons, he could throw 1, 1, and the last dice doesn't matter, since he will kill the model with 2 marked damage. Likewise, if you get hit with 2 5 and 4, you don't mark off 11 damage. You mark 2 on one, then 1 to kill the model and the 4 remaining go away, and then the 4 damage gets marked on the second model and the 1 remaining goes away.

I just notice that Storm Bolter do less damage than Bolter in the mathhammer file.
How? They have double the output from the get go

Eh it depends on what you use that’s falling back.

I can't believe how incompetent GW are with this CA shit.
How fucking hard is it to copy paste a rule that was working and only change what needed to be changed? They clearly know how to copy paste judging from chapter tactics and stratagems.
For fuck sake the way it's currently worded the new first turn rule ONLY applies to the new missions released in CA because no where in CA does it apply this new rule to the old missions, it didn't even get FAQ'd in.
The only good thing to come out of this stupid book are the points changes, which should have just been a few FAQ's or a single large points FAQ, and the Battlezones optional rules.

Do you guys have any of these?

You're missing the entire point of the discussion. Yes, it says so in the rulebook. But CA overrides that exact passage with another one, where Shooting Phase part is removed, thus causing all kinds of confusion.

Have you guys painted any Lime or yellow green colours? I want to use them for my bugs chitin plates but I am utterly useless for colours

Sounds viable. I do Scions, Bullgryn and Tanks with Assasisns and Inquisitors and it does well.

In general it's very little water to your paint. In my experience it's pretty much a 'feel' thing. I place a small amount of paint down on my palette (maybe two or three brushes full using a small base brush), then putting the tip of the brush into my water for less than half a second, and mixing that water into the paint. That's typically sufficient to thin it out for me, anyway. If you watch any of the WarhammerTV painting tips videos, you can see Duncan applying this method as well.

I guess? But let's be honest, for vehicles you have a HUGE space to cover if you want that to happen, and you're probably not going to be able to block off things that hard.

And you've got better things to do than snipe characters and waste time.

What are you working on Veeky Forums?

I am putting the finishing touches on my Knight. I'm happy with it, mostly.

ooooo, is Corbulo detecting the Flaw, or is it autism transmitted by the Cawlian heretical geneseed?
FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON GW'S WILD RIDE: EPISODE 9

For reference I thought about Escorpena green (moot green) as base layer, shades with Biel-tan green and highlights with yellow (flash gitz / flat yellow)

That math-user incorporates assumed unit sizes into his math, which can make it hard to read if you don't check the relevant column in the row - I don't know what army you're looking at, but e.g. on a tactical squad of SMs, where only the sergeant has a storm bolter, the storm bolter row will list 1 storm bolter's absolute damage, while the bolter row will be for probably 4 or 5 marines, and then down below in the efficiency section, he divides the assumed unit size back out to fix it.

I assume his rationale is somehow making it easier to account for rules that depend on unit size, like gants and grots have.

The CA block specifies 'firer' meaning a shooting attack.

Finishing painting up Rough Riders. Thinking about painting my Basilisk, Manticore, Taurox Prime and Acolytes next.

Yeah but flamers still do less than a las cannon.

Las cannon ignores the saves and can easily one shot swarm, the saves would ignore flamer hits and the fnp is stronger against flamers as nurglings.

The only situation it's better if you roll a shit ton of 1 damage.

What are the chances that in 5-9 years GW will act like Primaris Marines are the only Space Marines and never feature old Marines and old special characters ever again?

As far I know they are currently plan to release Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Chaos Daemons.

Any rumour about the next codex release after Daemons?

It’s legit FLG’s fault. They’re so stupid and monovisioned it’s actively ruining the game. They changed character targeting cause of one stupid cheeese, instead of doing this:

>opposed to normal rules of targeting enemies, you may not target an enemy character with a wounds characteristic of 9 or less if visible enemy units are closer (note if LOS is blocked by your own units, this does not apply)
>if a character has no friendly units within 6”, it may be targeted normally (they’re all alone in the open!)
Tada

0%

Tau or Necrons.

If they get the daemon save then they have as good a chance of surviving 4 flamer hits as they do 1 lascannon hit one-shotting one of them. You're barking up the wrong tree user, let it go. You don't want them to add a clause "weapons that auto-hit or have additional shots vs units with higher model counts double their shots" or something, do you?

I’m sorry

It's actually pretty easy, angle two rhinos/razorbacks fish of fury style and have a las dev squad peaking through the front crack to whatever narrow spot on the battlefield you want.

We had to house rule this because it was getting to be such a problem, especially for units like Gulliman or larger/taller tyranid characters with less than 10 wounds that stand out from the crowd.

Killing Gulliman or sniping out Malenthropes turn 1 is the exact opposite of wasting time. If somebody could roll up, block LOS on everything except my Pedro Kantor. And instantly snipe him with a few las-cannons my list would fall apart pretty early without the re-rolls or buff auras.

Nothing yet but I really really want pic related.

Then you must be shit at screening units. That's why you wrap them. I guess it's why we've never had problems at my store.

Everything you just wrote is worth more than entire CA and I wish you wrote the rules for GW because I honestly can't think of a way to break or abuse that wording.
Although I just remembered one last good thing about CA but it's related to points values, thanks to GW balancing FW now my local store no longer bans FW for in store tourneys.

I'm expecting them to release xeno codex.

But I hope that they release the ork codex little later because I hope that they will also release the Gorkamorka game at the same time.

To be fair, thats good for any unit. Charge your Land Raider in for a turn to keep itself save from shooting, than fall back the next turn and keep shooting.

Looking at SoB.

Kind of or I want the nurglings thing reversed.

It just implies the opposite playstyle they used to be. Like shooting your big shot against them used to be a horrible idea because you hit only one dude in the swarm which was pretty cool. It would make sense they dont get a fnp against that but it's like they forgot to reduce the damage.

I miss specialization, like one thing trumps another.

What are you talking about? We still have that.

Lascannon trumps everything. :^)

E.g. Battle Sisters are exactly as I just described - a Storm Bolter is 1 Storm Bolter, but a Bolter is 5 of them.

It means nothing if a rhino blocks the stuff on the ground but not the stuff that's big and peaks above the rhino.

Sorry user, THQ died and with them all hope of quality 40k games.

Then you and your bunch are a lot of RAW fags who all qualify as a collective bunch of 'That guy' who need to get laid and mellow the fuck out.

Guess I’ll have to modify it. No sane person will ever run less than 2

Sounds like the people you play with are the ones who suck at screening, I can't really think of any reasonable scenario where a unit that's technically closer to you on the other side of a piece of terrain than the character is, then I'd assume there's a clear and direct path to the character for assaulting or further movement to make them the closest unit.

That's also why I specified it was a problem for the larger character models, Rowboat Girlyman stands quite a bit taller than most of the chaff units you surround him with, same with Malenthropes and almost anything with a jumppack.

Moral of the story being I shouldn't be able to snipe out characters due to line of sight shenanigans because of RAW. And I doubt the new rule would break all but a few rare scenarios, in which case I would recommend walking CLOSER towards a character out in the open alone.

It's really dumb because swarms are supposed to be a bunch of models condensed on one model. Like whats next Las cannon spill on units?

We aren't, the few people who tried to bullshit that with us we told no after the first few times it happened. But in a competitive setting shit like that needs to be in place.

I’d be a little surprised if you couldn’t choose to not fight in the fight phase. I’d also be confused as to why you wouldn’t fight in the fight phase given the enemy can leave combat, and this his friends will shoot you regardless of if you kill him.

I mean, there have been times where I didn’t fire a weapon because I drew “blood and guts” and needed to charge. But not wanting to stab a fucker? Never happened.

>lmao ur bad kid git gud
>no wait ur just some tryhard loser

It's like I'm really on /v/

I'm in a weird position with my hobby. I've got a ton of models that I want to finish from my Dark Angels army and my Death Guard army, but I have a hard time working up the nerve to finish them since I have so much to do.

I made the mistake of purchasing all the models very quickly instead of only a box or two at a time, and basically gave myself an obscene work load. Pic semi-related.

>Screens his dudes
>Bitches about "waacfas" that found a way around screens

Dear God help us there's more than one tactic of screening you fucking faggot.

No different from IG HWTs dying to lascannons quickly, although IG HWTs have had rules problems in every edition I'm aware of, since they've simply never behaved like two models on one base. Similar problem with SM Attack Bikes.

But there is no tactic against niggers who wanna be niggers.

Sad but true.

I already have a squad of DW terminators. Should I get another one or one of DW knights?

I'm partial to the knights because they look great.

At least with attack bikes you can sorta assume that if the bike itself gets taken out then the sidecar spins out and crashes.

To be honest that was the payoff to have cheap Las cannons. While swarms are the complete opposite who were suppose to have an edge over stuff like Las cannons.

Get the knights. They're fucking great and there's that new strat that'll impose -1 to wound on attacks made against them.
I recommend ferrying them in a crusader though with an interrogator-chaplain for those rerolls

LR getting constantly tied up in melee is why they suck, having to pay 2 cp every turn doesn't suddenly make them much to make them much more appealing than storm ravens.

not only that, but now DA will have access to Stormravens.

Stormraven + DWK = win

I have Custodes one?
Do you have Ahriman playing chess audiobook?

Are Obliterators any good?

>all the rules are gone now the only thing you do is make a ball of dudes with a character at the center maybe put them in cover
>No reason to flank or spread out your guys or pick which armored side the tank is showing

Checkers are more complex. That game has more emphasis on positioning and flanking.

Deepstrike 10 men squad consist of 5 Hammernator + 5 Shooty Termies can be quite nasty. Gives them Belial or interrogator-chaplain for rerolls and they rekt anything they charge or being charged.

Knight is cool to.

How do they disembark from the stormraven? in hover mode? and can they end up within 9" of enemies that way?

>play GSC
>have tau player bitching about not being able to kill my characters as easily
>mfw he just spams commanders
>mfw I won my first game of 8th yesterday.

We've gotten the stormraven?
youtube.com/watch?v=aBSU4SBrNJU

Quite good yes.

Particularly with Slaanesh keyword.