/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General DnD D&D

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools is currently hosted at lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html, however it could be chopped down at any time. Get yourself a local copy below to be safe.

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

Last time on /5eg/:

is there ever a reason to play something besides a Fighter?

I think you misspelled Wizard.

>Another thread without a question
Lazy cunt.

What is your favorite paladin oath and why? Do you think the phb oaths still hold up with addition of the new ones?

Perkins took down the modron banner on his Twitter. Maybe he knows we were onto him.
But Planescape when?

Conquest, I find do-gooders boring and Conquest allows me to play a Paladin who's dubious. Mechanically it's not very good but that's a small price to play

Thats a weird way to spell "Wizard", and the answer is no, unfortunately.

Can you name a good DnD forum. I'm tired of using this shit site.

>can't wear armor
>can't use dope-ass swords
>forced to compensate for shriveled genitals with skinny wooden wand

lol be more buttmad

What profession would be most appropriate for crafting special crossbow ammunition? (Explosive, heavy, piercing)

Giants seems to be way more behaved.

What about EK/Wizard?

Ok, Tough Guy.

Redemption. Fuck combat in this game.

Giant in the Playground
ENWorld
Reddit, /r/dndnext is better than /r/dnd, but you'll still find retards just like the ones here.

>Giants
You haven't been there much, have You?

They agree more, sure, but they are somehow more autistic, if you can believe that.

I think it would be a combined venture. Alchemist, Tinker, Blacksmith and Carpenter. You could buy shafts, custom arrowpoints and just reduce the workload, but it could be cool to cobble the rest of the party into.

Why not just reflavor the paladin you want to use and play your character the way you want?

Share a story or two?

For one the word Autistic isn't thrown around all willy-nilly and there is actual moderation to stop salty sods from running around unchecked.

The only ones buttblasted about the word autistic are actual autists.

In an evil campaign, my players are working for an evil Dwarf Necromancer right now. He's been giving out cool cursed items in exchange for any Elf heads they bring back to him. They've become VERY motivated to bring him Elf heads, since they've decided that cursed items are sweet (I agree).

How can I make a fun session that takes place in an Elf settlement without having them murder everything or die trying? I was thinking that the Dwarf will request they take the settlement down non-violently somehow. Any ideas on fun options to fuck over an Elf settlement?

If we are talking wood elves maybe they have some form of ancestor tree that controls powerful magic throughout the village. Plant soldiers, vines forming walls or lashing out at intruders etc.
The tree itself would have to be neutralized before they would have any hope of slaughtering the populace.

Just gonna leave this here.

what does the village produce? usually you had villages close to ressources which lead to "industry" in that area. destroy their source of income, their livelihood.

who has power in that city, who "rules" and what parties want to change the current situation. sow the seed of discord.

You've incentivized killing them, maybe the dwarf needs their entire body unblemished so poison their water/food maybe?

The dorf wants live specimens and has directed the party toward a settlement. For extra points, the dorf notes that while the elves can be tense they shouldn't be afraid due to magical bullshittery reasons.

>Mechanically it's not very good
I keep seeing this and I don't understand. Frighten is relatively easy to apply and conquest adds all sorts of riders to it to make it good.

Uhh, no sweetie, wizards fight with swords better than fighters. I bet you don't even teleport behind people and impersonally dispatch them.

Conquest is my favorite. It's brutal, but also presents excellent role-playing opportunities.

>can't wear armor
>take one level dip in hexblade or be mountain dwarf

gonna play a wild sorcerer in a game soon.

what should I expect? where's the best place to stand as to not be a huge detriment/good boon

Reeeeeeee actually play the game. Nobody allows multiclassing unless you're severely autistic and retarded.

Is crown of stars a good spell? 28d12 over the duration is a lot of damage on paper, but over the course of 7 rounds seems slow.

Won't matter unless your DM ups the chances of you rolling on the surge table.

If you say you will give players stuff they want for every elvish head then they are going to snatch every motherfucker birthday.

Why does he want heads? why might he want a one ore two select heads and not dozens of regular heads? Might not the local populace get a little riled if a settlement is genocided and every corpse is missing its head? Maybe the rumours about that necromancer with a penchant for heads were true?

Throw your character sheet in the trash and make a character who can't wipe the party at low level because you rolled "Fireball cast on self" with your shitty meme class that never should have been put in the game.

It is very nearly tied for damage by cantrips over the same period.

can't they just stand few feet away?

I'm an EK with a greatsword, and level 4 is coming up. Should I max strength first or is getting GWM wih 16 strength worth it? I already have the sentinel feat if that matters.

Be a tiefling for fire resistance, stay 25 away from your party members

>Nobody allows multiclassing

Is that good or bad?

During 1 hour you can easily get into more than 1 combat, so just know when to cast it. Not only is it a lot of damage, but it's a lot of concentration-less bonus action damage. You can keep doing other stuff with your action.

Bad.

>"Hey guys, so I just rolled a thing that's gonna kill us all, super funny, rite?!"

Remove yourself from the hobby.

Not much to say. Chad puts his dick in every other female npc, is in possession of the loving Dawnbringer and got into trouble more than once, like when he deflowered a paladin whose power derived from her chastity.

It is very nearly tied for damage by cantrips over the same period.
This is 4d12 radiant damage. When you get the spell, by level 13, your cantrips only have 3 damage dice. Even at level 17, firebolt is 22 avg while a star is 26 avg (we all know toll the dead is bullshit and shouldn't be allowed as is)

More importantly, this is bonus action damage. Meaning you can do other useful stuff with your action.
And if that's not enough, it's radiant damage, probably the best damage type in the game.

>fuck over an Elf settlement
>fuck an elf settlement
I think you answered your own question, user.

Oh my, that's perfect. Can someone shop a PHB here?

So what is the best oath for shield and longsword paladin? What's the best way to play that

>the loving Dawnbringer
was ist das?

So instead of taking a stat increase you can take a feat?

t. Bought the phb on Tuesday

Every paladin loves shield master because bonus action to prone=more advantage=more chances for big dick smite crits. If you're going for sentinel/a more tanky-oriented build, crown is the only outright "mmo tank, draw aggro" type oath

>What's the best oath for Weapon X?

I never understand these questions. The weapons in 5e are more or less interchangable unless you go for specific feats, aren't they?

It's not like there's the "Sword and Board Oath", the "2-Handed Weapons Oath" and the "Ranged Weapons Oath".

The one you feel you would like to play the most.

Not my fault i'm retarded, i guess i should have said which oat will let me do the most dmg while i'm with sword and shieldCan you explain this mechanic a bit more hod do i get smite crits?

There's definitely certain subclasses in the game that heavily lend themselves towards certain weapons. Revised beastmaster lends itself well to TWF since they don't get extra attack, while hunter's horde breaker feature lends itself better to ranged than melee

Read the fucking PHB

>So instead of taking a stat increase you can take a feat?
Yes, it's an either or choice whenever your class gives you the stat/feat option. Fighters get tons of them, rogues do okay, but everyone else mostly gets them every 4th level'ish.

Sentinel, PAM, quarterstaff with Oath of Vengeance

Haunted One is an underrated background, it can fit a lot of cool thematic characters even outside the gothic horror theme it was designed for. The vagueness of its wording leaves so many possibilities

>Toll the Dead shouldn’t be allowed as-is

I don’t like it much but I’ve heard counterarguments that its necrotic type and wis save are a balancing factor?

>It's not like there's the "Sword and Board Oath", the "2-Handed Weapons Oath" and the "Ranged Weapons Oath".
If you're an Oath of Vengeance Paladin and you don't take a whip, or a chain when they become available, then you're doing it wrong

>Haunted One is an underrated background
Agreed. I love playing hunter / investigator types, so HO is fantastic. Also? If someone wanted to try to play Supernatural: The Campaign and not tell anyone, that'd be the background to go with.

The chance of rolling Fireball on yourself is so low. We've got a wild sorc on our team and it has yet to happen. What HAS happened is he's turned blue, aged 16 years, chain-lightninged entire encounters to death, summoned a modron that KO'd him, and splashed grease all over everyone and everything while he flies around getting wasted (except when he's immune to alcohol).

It helps that he has the highest CON and HP in the party, though.

People will call that a meme; I call it fun.

They shouldn't.
For a while I didn't allow it and as soon as I did, the cleric took a level in Wild Magic, denying the party useful 4th level cleric spells. And he's cast, like, ONE sorcerer spell since. The only Sorcerer thing he's used otherwise has been the Message cantrip.

How does a sorcerer have the highest hp in the party.

Luck and modifiers. Not that odd

I'm planning a lovecraftian sort of warlock, who was pulled through dimensions and was never quite the same person after what he saw, but gained his warlock powers just from being in the presence of whatever it was

Warlocks have a lot of good lovecraftian-themed spells with tentacles of darkness and shit, plus Great Old One patron is perfect for this character (it can literally be Cthulu if you want). I'd probably play the high charisma as just the natural aura of somebody who has Seen Some Shit, and just comes across with more gravitas as a result, with the background feature supporting it

Not that user, but it could be a low level party and the sorc could have pumped con and taken the tough feat

>my one player was retarded
>nobody should do it because of this one experience i had

no user, you are the dumbo

>a lovecraftian sort of warlock
There are all kinds of neat opportunities if you take GOO as your pact. It allows you to go the route of the evil cultist or the innocent rando who read the wrong book or was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Plenty of room to build a cured / jaded hero with GOOlocks.

Good on you, user.

He's got 20 CON, and got lucky on HP rolls. We're currently level 8. I haven't checked anyone else's HP but I think it's still only maybe 10 points ahead of second place, who hasn't been rolling for their HP ups.

And he's got 20 CON because he put points into it, to allow his character to drink like a fish.

Daily reminder that you only think warlocks are EB fighters and not fullcasters because your DM gives too many long rests and too few short ones, instead of striving for (or shoehorning in) glorious 2enc/1sr/2enc/1sr/2enc/1lr as per DMG.

Someone posted a pdf in a thread which was a bunch of homebrew warlock patrons that seemed super interesting, including a bunch that could be properly Lovecraftian with minor refluffs.

Can't remember the name for the life of me, but some of the patrons were The Citadel, The Constellar(?), and there was one that was focused on ash and wolves.

Perhaps another user knows what I'm talking about.

You think that's the only shit? This just from the game I DM.
As a player I've seen assassins go wild magic specifically to troll the other players, "rogues" start out as Fighters first because they need a fighting style, second wind and action surge FIRST and pretty much no meaningful multiclassing.

Who was the person responsible for Spellviewer? Are they gonna update it?

I honestly switched to using the 5etools, but it is proving to be quite unreliable lately, so I am thinking about using Spellviewer for spell consultation again.

Or beg your DM to allow int in place of cha for warlock as Next (and balance) intended

Does 16,000 gp for a suit of adamantine plate sound reasonable?

But it is part of the game and it isn't breaking anything. In fact, all it is doing is lowering the power level of the party. If the players dont mind taking a hit to their power level for their own enjoyment who gives a shit? You're there for fun not powergaming.

The assassins goings wild magic is a bit weird, though.

For comparison, regular ol' steel plate costs about a tenth of that, 1,500 gp.

Our table has someone who loves it. But he's also an idiot.
So there's that

This, perhaps?

XtE has the info you are looking for.

Half-elves gotta have it rough when it comes to introducing friends to their family. How do you handle your elf mom being the ultimate milf?

It's only part of the game if DMs allow it since it's an optional rule

>implying /ss/ isn't part of a growing half-elfs diet

By having her look like this instead of a sexy human

>Implying you aren't beating up the other kids for trying to muscle in on your turf

The bigger problem is her constantly getting impregnated by dad and you having so many kids because the whole reason she married a human is so she could get babies fucked into her since that’s her fetish.

>implying that fetish wouldn't be mutual

Nice to know /5eg/ has patrician taste.

>Encouraging NTR against the poor human dad who can't keep up with his daughter's friends

Dude.

>Seven kids in, every night you hear dad working her in eight as she screams she needs to be bred by him
>Your fantasy medieval lifestyle can’t afford so many
>You’re now all poor in a house you can’t all fit in
>After she turns 200 finally and dad dies she moves away to get married to a proper elf man after fucking away her 100’s like most elves
>Your dad was like the third guy she’s done this to, you have a bunch of half-elf cousins out there you’ve never met

Which of the adventures would /5eg/ is the most popular? I'm looking to start a public campaign on roll20 and need to know which one is going to give guaranteed players.

CoS, LMoP, ToA