What do you think the world would be like if people had actual stats that they could see, manipulate...

What do you think the world would be like if people had actual stats that they could see, manipulate, and gain experience points in?

>ask woman if you can masturbate in front of her.
>she agrees
Diplomacy increases

I’m assuming cash would operate the same way
>pass a homeless
>”Sorry, no change”
> GP: 99

Does that include "alingment".
I think a lot of politicians would have to be high int, in order for people to consider following them.

Come to think of it, if it was always that way, things might never have gotten away from fuedalism. Nobles are clearly supperior based on their superior stats. You're not going to trust some 6int common rabble to govern themselves are you?

You might have weird meritocracies too.

It would be a lot harder to slack off at work. Your boss would notice your relevant skills not leveling fast enough.

>Go for a run.
>my points in knowlege
>never need to study again

People having innate measurable stats for stuff like intelligence/charisma would basically fuck the world three ways to sunday.

more dead rats

Just as bad if you make those things visible for player characters in a game.

>Breed rats
>Force your children to fight them
I'm digging this setting more and more.

>Everyone has visble stats
>players can't see them
>Not even the stats for their own characters
I think I want to run a game like this.

Enlightenment through genocide.

Probably mostly the same. People can already evaluate their status at things, figure out how to adjust it, and improve it. Most don't for most categories, because that's work and they have other things they'd rather work on or indulge in.

The real gamechanger would be hanging onto your gains forever, I think. Knowing exactly how many paintings you'd have to paint to be Picasso would probably discourage as many people as it'd encourage because the number is so damned high. Knowing each thing you paint gives you permanent progress towards painting, as opposed to an ephemeral experience that probably won't help you when you pick up the brush again in six months, that might get people going.

Or maybe the scales would change and everybody would use the exact same calculations, because the people who REALLY LIKE EXERCISE are still so much better at it than you that what's the point.

>Knowing exactly how many paintings you'd have to paint to be Picasso
I suppose if this new system means there is no improvement cap, that is.
But as it is now, not even practicing your whole life can give you virtuoso skills.

Job interviews would be real different.

We trust 80IQ commoner rabble to govern itself, don't we?

>Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
>Uh, up 8 levels.

isnt this a black mirror episode or something?

Would depend on how you gain experience, is it a "I kill dead rats with Str then pump Int" or a you have to use that stat to level system?

Probably more meritocratic

>16 Int and Cha required.

/pol/ is proven to be right, but wrong about itself, to the extent they cease to congregate entirely. That, and we can finally get a voluntary eugenics and sterilisation program on the road.

/pol/ also finds blacks have the same int as white but a +2 dick stats.

>I'm sorry but I think you're overleveled for this position

That second option is ripe for paranoia.

wasnt that one based on how well you were liked, not your stats.

jesus, that would be terrifying.

imagine you look at your class and read something like lvl 0 vagrant..

>the mirror shows you what you'd look like if you'd made all of the best possible choices in your life
>your friends look sadly at the much better lives they could have been living
>your reflection looks exactly the same
>you were doomed from the start

About the same as that, really. Knowing your destiny in general is depressing.

>incels remain fucked since they're locked into monk class with CHA dump stats

>What do you think the world would be like if people had actual stats that they could see, manipulate, and gain experience points in?
Equally as depressing.

>Get barter really high by paying for shit
>Eventually can sell all that shit back for the same amount you bought it for, and buy more shit for half its actual price
Brings new meaning to the phrase "you gotta spend money to make money"

We do have those.

Go out and work to increase your Salary stat--everything else is a dump-stat anyhow Drop enough points on 401k and eventually you get to reach a level where the game becomes sandbox.

So Amazon/Ebay reseller?

That's a real thing.

Shit, I don't know about you, but I'd grind to get my Cha as high as possible.

>the people who REALLY LIKE EXERCISE are still so much better at it than you that what's the point.

The first rule of humanity is that anything that can be quantified automatically turns into a dick-waving contest. ANYTHING. There's already people who loathe exercise but game their Fitbit scores to lord over their social circle.