Tell me about the day you were That Guy, Veeky Forums. I'll start

Tell me about the day you were That Guy, Veeky Forums. I'll start

>warning: incoming EDGE
>playing Black Crusade
>we find a temple in our sacked prison cruiser
>playing Beubonicus, the nurgle marine
>me and 3 other Long War veteran marines are kings of the ship
>we start discussing how to properly desecrate the prison cruiser
>My character is especially behind the 4th dude, only non-Long War vet, being Chaos Undivided
>OOC discussion of how edgy we should get with this
>"I don't know, let's not get FREAKY here..."
>"I agree let's not."
>I'm totally lost in thought on how to best fuck up this imperial temple
>not even listening
>Tzeentch player: "How about we cage the Emperor's statue with demonic runes?"
>Slaanesh player: "I mean, a regular sex orgy pit would do just fine for Slaanesh."
>Khorne player: "I have a good feeling about sacrificing children that we found on the ship here."
>Me: *snaps fingers* "I've GOT IT."
>I say, exactly like this: vocaroo.com/i/s1yDbeqZRrUt
>"We shall have the best of four! We are undivided, are we not, /brothers/?"
>"Surrounding the blood pit, a concave metal plate of fair width, will be a moat of disease and decay. Around that will be a cage carved with daemonic runes to torment the warriors inside, and surrounding that will be drugs, food, and decadance the likes of which the greatest imperial nobility shall never know!"
>"At the center we will meet on an agreed time and have our disciples, the children of /his Emperor's/ battle for supremacy over whose Dark God is the strongest, and we will truly know who deserves the Dark Gods' favor!"
>OOC
>Long, awkward pause
>"too much?"
>they stare at me like I actually fucking set up the MEGADETH(tm) PIT
>"ok, too much."
>Chaos Undivided player says he wants to stop the game
>says later that he just saw something... fucking evil in me.
>never invited to play Black Crusade ever again
>Fuck, shoulda played Deathwatch and gone Dark Templar and roleplayed some fanatacism instead

thats pretty good OP, that group sounds like a bunch of fucking retarded pussies.

the issue isn't that you suggested something extreme, it's that you did it too in-character and your character sounded like a saturday morning cartoon villain. Which is goofy but in an obnoxious way that stopped being funny about 15 years ago when adult swim shows started over-using it

I quit a campaign I was enjoying without offering a reason and baleeted everything connected to said character and campaign.

The problem was is that I took the Terrifying Voice and Terrifying Roar talents, as well as Mark of Nurgle. I had it in my head that my character had a puss-spewing throat wound that distorted his voice and made it especially spooky, like it had a reverb. So I spoke all raspy like I did in the vocaroo.

for a chaos marine I think you were perfectly just.

Your group was retarded. You have have been THAT GUY to that group, but you were not THAT GUY overall. There is nothing wrong with roleplaying a character. The fact that everyone else in the example sounded like they were discussing the plan over Sunday brunch was the true atrocity. You're CHAOS MARINES! Why on earth would you be so rational? Let ALONE The Khorne worshipper!?

>tl;dr - You did good OP, fuck them.

That day is today, user.
>Planning Space Camelot Game
>Decided to include a scrappy OC don't steal character who's the secret niece of the Arthur-equivalent
>Plan her to hit every mark of the DM's Waifu cliche list
>Beautiful, intelligent, as good of a swordsman as any of them, popular, annoying, plot armor for days
>If anything happens to the king, she takes the throne
>Takes every chance she can to upstage or downplay the PCs
>She's actually this story's version of Mordred and goes apeshit when she finds out
Someone tell me I'm a bastard.

I mean that was cringy as fuck sure, but banning someone for being edgy in "Edge: The Game" is pretty silly.

Thanks guys, this reaffirms my belief that I was simply getting 2 real for the crowd.

What does she look like?

I haven't decided, some generic hot chick probably. I'll probably up the description for bonus obnoxiousness. One player might try to waifu her.

I'll be honest, I'm actually really interested in how this plays out. In character I'd be devastated. Ooc I'd be be fucking thrilled at the drama. Then again I'm a drama queen at the table.

That's actually a great idea user. I might include this as something my players run across, if I ever play a 40k game that is.

>group disbands because a player actually roleplayed
That wasn't even bad
There's worse things in official 40k books

The idea is to get her just obnoxious enough to be considered a DM's Waifu and JUST waifu enough for her flaws to be tolerable.
And then drop that bombshell.
I'm not sure how to describe her for maximum waifubait.
>Blonde or redhead
>Buxom with a muscular build
>Elegant hairstyle
>Describe the different clothing she wears
And then watch it all go up in smoke when she puts a laser sword through Arthur's chest and blows up the Round Table.
I haven't decided on the name. Just something ironic enough to mean about the same but not obviously Mordred because they'll know.

fuck off you pathetic edgelord.

Man I wish my players delivered their lines like you did yours. Why the hell was your group even playing the game if they couldn't handle a little dark subject matter? XD

why not just throw your captives into a pit of twisting barbs that feeds into a ore grinder while spraying them with salt water from a massive hose?

cut off their dicks and staple it to their mouths..

peel back their skull in front of mirror, cover their brains in lighter fluid and light it on fire, then cut off little bits and eat it in front of them.

dress them up as french maids spray them with horse phermones tie them to a truss jerk off a breeding stallion and let them have their way with you.

fuck their asses with a spiked dildo soaked in the menstrual blood of an aids ridden hooker who died in agony.

attach 2 electrodes to each of their eyeballs and turn up the electric current until their eyes explode out of their sockets.

god, wtf is wrong with you guys? your shit is so tame its barely even PG. I mean, I get that your a bunch of tweeny babies, but I've seen disney cartoons scarier than the shit you guys come up with.

You guys aren't even censoring yourselves and this is the weak ass shit you come up with? I'd swear you were all a bunch of 12 year olds up past your bedtime.

Hold their wives hands in front of them

You SICK FUCK

Brought two hell chickens to a casual game when they first came out.

what are hell chickens?

Question though, how are you going to drop the bomb of her parentage? Is the DM in the know?

this is stupid.
you're stupid.

How do you think you are still going to be a part of the group when you kill medieval Jesus?

Just imagining a chaos marine standing next to the pit with a green hose, lazily spraying crying people makes me laugh.

You guys tell me if this counts
>Have steady gaming group
>Invite gf
>She is absolutely dog shit at the game
>Group constantly complains about her
>One guy even left
>Last time they brought it up, straight up told them I'd rather kick them all out then her

It's not just that I don't want to make her upset, it's that she's actually fun to dm for. She sees NPCs as characters rather than just statblocks. She sees dungeons as locations with their own histories rather than exp farms. For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm playing with someone who has a real eagerness and joy for the game, and I couldn't give less of a shit if she makes bad combat choices or plays suboptimal characters

That is not even extreme, why the hell are those people playing chaos if they can't take it?

If this isn't bait, tell her to improve on whatever parts are detrimental to others enjoyment. Maybe run a little one shot for her to branch out creatively and improve her me style, if you have the time.

ahh guess i should explain, not in a 40k thread.

They are called heldrakes. Super OP flyers that could spit out fire in any direction it wanted to. It ignored cover, so there wasnt much a player could do to save their troops. They nerfed it later, but it was super op when it first came out.

tldr played something too strong in a casual game.

You need a better group, she sounds like the person you'd actually want to DM for. At the same though, it makes you a THAT GUY because you perfectly knew what kind of a group you were with and didn't choose to disband it or DM for a different group of players and instead brought someone who would be obviously conflicting.

Proof that women ruin everything.

oh, yeah, i know heldrakes.
never heard em called hellchickens tho.

Man, do you NOT know what became of Mordred?

You know what fuck it. First name ought to be Mallory, after Sir Thomas Malory. The name itself comes from the french word for 'ill fated', which if you're playing a Rule 63 Mordred, is a pretty apt description.

>You guys tell me if this counts
>I did this thing that's detrimental to the rest of the group's enjoyment
>I know full well it's impacting their enjoyment and have no intention to change or even attempt to address the conflict other then by telling them to fuck off
Are you really unsure if it counts?

your a dipshit.
shes probably dumb as a bag of hammers and your dick makes you think she is way better than she really is.

are you a chick?
are you planning just to fuck with some poor fat bastard cause you can?

nigga the once and future king was a thousand page paperback, ain't nobody got time to read all that shit.

You are now remembering The Flight of Dragons. Enjoy your nostalgia, user

Think nice thoughts for a little while for a change

You misunderstand. I am the DM. I will probably be That DM if I ever run this through.
Appreciate it.
No, I'm just an asshole who likes drama.

I mean, I guess I could let twu wuv or the power of friendship or some crap save her if it really comes to that. But if the players don't figure out what's what before things happen, things will happen.

>playing black crusade
>not being a saturday morning cartoon villain

get fucked

Nigga, I WANT you in my roleplaying games. heck, I WANT you like how Griffith wants Guts from Berserk.

Fuck those fags. They were suggesting edgy shit, and then when you tried to roleplay they pussed out

See this? This makes me want to kiss you more

How the fuck.
Sounds like your group would quit 40k entirely if they heard about the REAL chaos shit, like the daemonculaba. This is weak sauce compared to that.
>the nurgle marine being more unhinged than either the khorne or slaanesh marines
Disgraceful.

Calls herself Millie. Real name Mildred.
Hyuk hyuk

>the once and future king
>not Le Morte d'Arthur
>not Trioedd Ynys Prydein

TOO FUCKING FAR.

Give their daughters headpats in front of them.

>t. incel fags

>that laugh at the end

Not really on topic but meh.

I'm pretty new to this rp stuff so how is it supposed to work if
>one player is saying something
>GM interrupts saying shit is going down (kinda adding to the intensity with the interruption)
>the guy talking just looks at the GM and goes on with his shit

guess that's kinda that guy?

>hell chickens
At first I thought you meant the player literally brought 2 real life geese with him.

>My gf and I both want story, the rest of the group wants gameplay
This is fine.
>My group wants to kick my gf but I'd rather drop them to make a new group with her
This is also fine and you should tactfully go through with it.
>I'm going to tell my group I'd rather kick them all than kick out my girlfriend, fuck 'em
This is social suicide, user.

so she's a [spoilers] fun [/spoilers] good player?

Not bait, but good advice
Tbf I didn't know what kind of players she was before we started. That's my bad. But since I'm really the only DM in town (at least for our game) they don't have many options
They can leave whenever they want
>Have fun
>They want me to stop having fun
>Tell them I'd rather not
On the other hand you're completely correct, but I value my own happiness during my free time then three other people I only know in game
>You only think you're having fun
Great argument
>This is social suicide
I know, when I told them that I was fed up with their bitching and just wanted them to shut up. It's the only thing I really feel bad about

Yeah. If the dm interrupts that generally means the game world is interrupting the character

I don't speak faggot.