/L5RG/ Legend of the Five Rings General

L5R / Legend of the Five Rings General

You fags let it die edition

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

Rulebooks:
ME GA[New Zeland]/#F!EuB3yRRI!FjYeEU2FdqzIZ6cM1dKoHA

The FF Beta:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

Latest Beta Update:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/99/6e/996e894d-b3d4-44e8-810e-d1824b82fd18/l5r00_beta_updates_v20.pdf

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE FF LCG

Tabletop Simulator Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099785017

Ringteki (Browser based game client) - jigoku.online/

Card Database / Deck Builder - fiveringsdb.com/

TTS Deck Converter - infamous-irc.com/dengeki/l5r-deck-generator/

>Veeky Forums L5R Discord
discord.gg/CJfVQ7B

>Clan Allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/14339259

This Paste: pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/dZ9h0
fiveringsdb.com/strains/6408236b-dbcc-11e7-86fc-8e1ccf16fca4/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>posting a new thread with no question
well this is a rough start

The rulebook link abiding by me.

Here be opening question from me, the not-OP:

w/ new Crab shugenja, will we start to see Cloud the Mind in Crab decks?

also Lion Catmaster vs Doggo Master: who wins in a thunderdome cage match?

>Unicorn
>Winning anything

Assuming Rank 5...

Considering that the Beast Master has a full on 5 Rank school and the War Dog Master is only a Path (And a fairly shitty one at that) the Beastmaster will come out on top every time. This is mostly because the Beastmaster can direct their cats as a simple action (getting up to 4 attacks in a round) the War Dog Master has to do so on a complex action that he can fail. Also the Lions will have Fear 3 which the dogs will likely fail with their 3 Willpower putting their attack rolls down to a mere 2k2. The Dog Pack stands no chance.

Assuming Rank 4 (the rank of the War Dog Master path)...

The Beastmaster will still likely win. He'll be striking 4 times a round to the minimum Dog Pack's 3. The Lions have almost twice the wounds of the Dogs (60 vs 36), do more damage (6k4 claws vs 4k2 bites) and the Dogs have better attack rolls (5k4 vs 5k3) but that is it. The only way the War Dog Master would stand a chance is if he had a ridiculously high Air Ring, as the size of the Dog Pack is equal to the Awareness of the Master, trivializes the TN 20 to even get the chance to attack with the dogs, and the Reflexes to go first, then overwhelms a Lion with 5-6 Dog Attacks halving the Beastmaster's output. At Rank 4 the Fear is likely not a factor as the Lions only have Fear 1 which the dogs should beat 90+ percent of the time.

TL;DR
Much Cat
Many Fear
Doge Run
Sad

Latest beta update is wrong. 3.0 came out two weeks ago man, c'mooon.

Also what does everything think is the strongest looking class in the FFG RPG? Shosuro has a pretty ridiculous school mastery ability. The Mirumoto also looks really versatile.

Well they need to find some way to run it so they can stop the Phoenix and Lion magistrates.

As far as the Catmaster goes its problem is it competes with honored general and in my opinion honored general is easier to use properly. Yes you will see those dumb situations where its a 9 but usually it will be a 3 or a 5.

v3.1 came out today along with the Tea Ceremony Ritual.

Unicorn Horse Necromancers can blast a hole in any wall if it stops their horses from getting to them. Sneaking them into a castle and then having them whistle for their horses might be a valid siege tactic.

For those who missed last thread.

m.imgur.com/a/dZ9h0

For the L5R RPG is glasses purely a Gajin/ foreigner Item?

>m.imgur.com/a/dZ9h0
Miya Satoshi is fucking gas, holy shit self mill is a thing now.

>m.imgur.com/a/dZ9h0
Do you have a list of the cards from fate Has No Secrets? Gamepedia is missing 81 and 86.

I think so. Even spoons are.

>Miya Satoshi
>artwork is Satoshi’s Dual Warfans

Approve

Time to power up those spirit callers.

Massing at Twilight (81) and Miwaku Kabe Guard (86)

Cool, thanks.

>m.imgur.com/a/dZ9h0
Satoshi makes me actually want to try out the Imperial Meme deck. What would be the best faction to use as a base? I'm guessing Lion just because they're easy-good and take advantage of the self-mill.

Unicorn. They too like self-mill to feed their Cavalry Reserves, plus in faction Gaijin Customs. Also their magistrate is fantastic, so they've got no problem digging it up with Satoshi.

>What would be the best faction to use as a base?
I'm thinking of trying it with Scorpion since they have three in clan Imperial personalities and back alley to grab stuff to put back into play. But I don't think they can benefit from the self mill.

Using the worst clan for the silliest deck?
Perfection.

Shitty first draft with generic Lion Splash to help keep Ishikawa around.

No Satoshi? Or is that what the Mystics are standing in for?

That deck doesn't need the Palace. I'd probably drop it for a Satoshi.

I'd consider some Guard Duty, too. It's great with Giver, Juro, and movement shenanigans.

No Satoshi because I'm an idiot and didn't notice he wasn't yet in the deck builder. Tadaji is standing in for Satoshi now. I'm not too high on guard duty since it means a lot of blocking, but I can fit one in right now to experiment with, so why not?

Nobody says your defender has to be ready. Also Juro can just show up, get his paycheck, and leave to go boozing with the bushi.

Plus the two main Imperial characters you're adding have high glory as well. Defending with them, honoring them, then readying them with Customs is a pretty strong play.

Hey I used to run these in my terrible Parajimbo deck!

Pack 6 locks me in as Phoenix forever. I literally got every card I wanted from this cycle.

You didn't want another 1 drop shugenja?

Any idea what the last card of pack 6 is?

Where's Seal of The Dragon?

Just asking for clarification, one moment...

If a courtier is lying to someone and uses Sincerity (Deceit), then the other courtier who it's used against has to roll Investigation (Perception), correct?

>m.imgur.com/a/dZ9h0
Is this from Fate Has no Secrets? or is this from pack 6 Meditations of the Ephemeral?

It's pack 6

If I play Scorpion, should my primary focus still be trying to get to my opponent's stronghold, rather than an honor-based victory?

So how is the LCG, is it worth a buy? Not particularly looking to become competitive or anything, just looking for something to play with friends. Any particularly important expansions?

It is not good. Not worth investing in at the moment.
Might get better in the future but right now it is a unplayable mess.

Ignore this fagThe LCG is fine

ignore this slut >The LCG is shit, find a better card game.

It's the first card game I've played in ten years after getting burned out on Magic and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Initial buy-in is a bit steep but then you have everything. Right now it's literally just three cores and then the first six packs the last of which releases next week. That's all there is right now.

Yes, you should still be going for province breaks. It's somewhat difficult to actually dishonor an opponent out if they know what they're doing or they're crane/lion.

It depends on if your playing the switch deck or not.

Well it sells out and after only being out for only 2 months had a 500 man tournament in Spain.