Co

>Your party have encountered a young minotaur calf
>a rambunctious little thing, he seems lost but he keeps trying to challenge you by butting his head to your leg
What do you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUY3GVByRUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guess we're having steak tonight!

*laugh track*

Raise him, I guess.

What setting? 5e made them literal demonspawn, so it’s important.

I christen thee Emergency Rations, welcome to the pack.

Try to find his parents. He doesn't look like he'd last long on his own, so they can't have gone too far.

>not grabbing him by the horns and smashing him into the nearest wall
>not teaching him to pick his battles
>not running battle drills with your lil minotaur son

Do you even paternity?

>he seems lost

Can a minotaur be?

Kill that fucking abomination.

Gift him my spare warmaul. Tell him when he can hold it above his head without effort I will gift him a chance for revenge for his murdered parents.

Guess we're having VEAL tonight!

*laugh track*

That grain ain’t gonna grind itself off to the wheel of pain with this beast!

>>not grabbing him by the horns and smashing him into the nearest wall
wtf man
parent of the year over here

Tie him to the post in the back yard until he calms the fuck down.

Depends. Are minotaurs sentient? How smart they're?

It's a minotaur. That's exactly what you do. Establish dominance.

>What do you do?
Veal is delicious

My monk crouches down and accepts the challenge, of course. He's going raise the little tyke up right and proper, teach 'im all 'bout wrasslin' and fightin' like a man. Hellfire, one day he may be as good as his adopted pa!

it ain't exactly a threat to you.

They can be if they're looking for a "who" rather than a "where."

Seeing as how we're in Baltimore, this might be a problem.

>Offer it a bottle of milk from my alchemists bag/mom bag.
>Earn it's trust by letting it try to head butt me and play.
>Tell my mastiff I keep around to heard it gently by nosing it back toward the cart whenever it wanders too far off.
>Try to find it's mother. If she is without a doubt dead,
>take it with me on my adventure as a helper and raise it to be the best mini-minotaur it can be.
>I will teach them honor and teach them to be as well educated as their intellect will allow.
>I will teach them how to help fight, but never force them and never let them join in a fight with too much risk to their life.
>They will grow to be strong, wiley, and wicked smart.
>Then one day we will pass by a heard of minotaurs, we will look at each other and depart with a nod and smile.
>He will challenge their head male and take over.

>Years later I will hear rumors of a fierce and >cunning minotaur that leads a heard through the >wilds and bothers no one unless they attack first.
>Strangest of all, reports will say it a wild minotaur, shows honor in battle and will nod in respect before a fight.
>I will pass by on my journey, and two baby minotaurs will pounce from the bushes.
>They will play fight and butt at me and each other.
>A old male will appear from behind the bushes
>He carries new scars and the marks of a hard but good life
>He will watch them butt, grinning like a proud father showing them off.
>I will gently pull a bundle of joy strapped to me off from my back and show him a young one my husband had blessed me with
>He will smile and snort in approval, before we depart.

Then again, the original Minotaur needs a city-sized maze to keep him contained.

They have a civilized language but still are nomads.

We're playing warhammer fantasy, so we take it to the temple of sigmar then bawl whilst drinking Our brains out

>Seeing as how we're in Baltimore, this might be a problem.

Depends on what version of Baltimore we're talking about:
youtube.com/watch?v=MUY3GVByRUs

>show him a young one my husband had blessed me with

You missed a perfectly good opportunity for a "forbidden romance" plotline

M:ta

Hey, a DA. Glory to the technocracy!

And then they fucked, right?

Aww

You sick fucks, thisIs the proper reaction

Adorable.

I always wanted to play a character who was adventuring to make money so they could open a refuge for orphaned monsters.

I've always had this image in my head of certain races that take on characteristics of the nearby animals depending on what part of the world they were in so Gnolls in a more European setting would be more like wolves while you had african gnolls like in your pic.

Of course this would also mean Ostric and penguin harpies as well as frog and fish merfolk

as ever, there is a copy-pasta out there just for you already.

>frog and fish merfolk
>Not superior mammalian mermaids

Kill it. We have no time to waste, we have to get back to the Wall.

Heal my shattered shin bone

>You come across an infantile eldritch horror which has seeminly lost its mother to a band of even greater heroes
>Lost and alone it turns to crawling about, eating livestock, but doesn't seem to be a soul devourer.
>It inprints onto you like a duckling for some reason.

What now?

That IS culturaly appropriate for minotaurs.
Educate yourself, shitlord.

Neither are our own kids but a big part of raising them is establishing and dealing with their tests of their boundaries.

Same thing really and as common as could possibly be.

Build a cult and raise it to let me ride around on its back like Master Blaster, preaching the word of Junior from my great pulpit atop their strange master.
Also, raise him to be a Paladin, that should really fuck with some heads.

Are you cold, dear hunter?

wasn't this how the whole shitstorm in bloodbourne begun?

I mean, if they couldn't, what would be the point of keeping them in a labyrinth?

Ah shit, I got something in my eye

>backseat GMing
disgusting

True, but where do you draw the line between various mammalian merfolk and fish merfolk?

Like many D&D creatures, D&D minotaurs have become wildly different from their source material to the point of being opposite. The original labyrinth would simply not hold a D&D minotaur. In AD&D they automatically know their way out of any labyrinth, and in later editions they simply have perfect spatial awareness of paths they've traveled, meaning they could brute-force the labyrinth in a matter of hours without getting lost.

Amazing. It'd probably cost more for the specialized care for odder races, though.

Natural selection, man. Everyone imprisoned minotaurs in labyrinths alone, so only the ones that could escape got to breed.

Fuck his ass as a show of dominance. .
Gotta communicate with something it would understand

I try to not abduct children where possible.

Huh. Tell my son to get ready to throw down if he keeps challenging the saviours of the Dream. Then pick him up and throw him into the air.

My Minotaur barbarian had kids at the mid point of a 11-30 game in 4th.

The liche has his kneecap broken when one head butted him a little too hard. He thought it’s determination to do harm was endearing. (That liche then became godfather of the brood for the next several generations)

w-what

I’m actually playing a Minotaur, so he’s my new boy.

Wholesomeness Veeky Forums needs but doesn’t deserve

Difficult decision.
After all, one man's mate is another man's poisson.

I guess as long as it's limited to Dolphin/Whale merfolk and fish merfolk that's fine. I think it'd get all weird if we inlcude seal/sealion/walrus as merfolk (although I think they as a race would be cool as well, Walrus Barbarians anyone?)

Your favorite.

maybe so, but once they get a craft or 3 under their belts they turn around and make the cost back for a bit before going off on their own.

Yes, but with more BLOOD!

I roll to rape.

Sure he's cute now, but what about when he's 10 feet tall and filled with an insatiable desire to breed women and hang out in maxes?

Then he will be the best wingman ever.