TELL ME ABOUT THE GREATEST GODDAMN GAME YOU EVER RAN OR PLAYED IN SO I CAN STEAL YOUR GODDAMN IDEAS YOU PUNKS

TELL ME ABOUT THE GREATEST GODDAMN GAME YOU EVER RAN OR PLAYED IN SO I CAN STEAL YOUR GODDAMN IDEAS YOU PUNKS.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Incidents at an Orphanage
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52335377/
youtube.com/watch?v=-qC2P7QYjaE
d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was monstergirl ERP, I had so much fun I sprained a muscle.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html

I'm giving you the link to the archive, if you'd been polite I would've given you a story.

Merry christmas.

Y-you too.

>mfw probably the most fun I ever had was in a lewd magical girl game

Fucking MAID. Fucking pervs from Veeky Forums. Why did it have to be this way.

Sent a couple of literally whos to go undercover in Bowser’s Kingdom and get his whole family to turn on him. They succeeded.

The final battle was of course Bowser, stripped of his skin from lava and then turned into a Mario Galaxy endboss size behemoth that had its bones replaced with bricks and stone via magic shenanigans.
The players organized a small army in a matter of seconds and flew circles around him in an airship, slowly breaking him to nothing.
Bowser lived, but his public image in his own kingdom will be forever tarnished

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Incidents at an Orphanage

You will have feels.

OP, forgot this existed. Looked through and found this: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/52335377/

How the fuck is a person so creative?

A jojos game where my players punched a daughter of Dio who was the school queen bee.

And Kars was the principle.

A dark heresy game where the GM said "go nuts" with character ideas.
It included
>a salamander contemptor dread
>a living saint
>a perpetual janitor
>asdrubael vect
>a ork Mek
>and a ultrasmurf librarian

Easily the most fun I've had in any game.

Best Campaign i ever ran.
>party of 5 noobs
>keep trying to challenge the DM
>the sky darkens and the wind comes in a sudden gust with a bellowing roar!
>PC: huh, i go into the bar.
>...ok, you see a generic sad bar scene.
>PCs: we start talking a big game to the NPCs.
>NPCs just kinda look at you with judgment, When suddenly someone kicks down the door behind you out of breath,
>NPC; huh huh,, DRAGON!!! DRAGON IN THE TOWN!
>PCs; HEll yes! join us town folk! let us take down this dragon! (rolls 18 on diplomacy with his high charisma) Half the bar attenders shout HELL YEA!! other half runs.
>PCs run into town square! the town center building is almost leveled with a massive giant beast! breathing fire into a wave of guards!
>PCs get together and make a quick plan!
>they charge at the dragon in a nice circling formation!
>... in 2 turns the dragon killed most everyone but the players.
They ran away and went on a nice and well behaved epic adventure.

to be fair i just had great players. Wish i still had those players.
PCs later stole some of the dragons eggs and later caved in its cave. They didnt kill it, Just burried it long enough to level up.

A star war game that started in the Clone wars, just me and a buddy playing a eighteen year old logistics clerk that got drafted into the front, and a jedi apprentice that had just turned 16.

game ran till about two years before Yavin, when my guy who had reached 28 died, blew up a Star Destroyer's reactor to free the jedi.

Was kind of glad it was over, my character had wanted a family but at that point was more machine than man and had adopted the jedi and a bunch of others as his kids.

I loved the game because our charters grew, from a nervous clerk in way over his head and a overly calm kid in a warzone, into a man that just wanted to find a place to raise his adopted kids. He died happy.

Playing a game of Star Wars, I had a very low level Inquisitor I threw at my players to let them know, gently, not to go nuts with their force powers lest somebody sense them - and to demonstrate the Inquisitors were like, capturing children to train them in the dark side, being all horrific and shit.
Eventually they managed to reform her, and got her to help out around the ship as a pretty major NPC - it was never intended, but they all liked her, so I threw up some stats and a backstory for her, and she became the ship's defacto mechanic.

Eventually, they part ways with her, and she settles down to start a new life away from the Empire and the force and all that. She still fixes their ship occasionally, changes transponder codes for the guys who need them. She's just super upbeat a lot of the time (because evil doesn't mean angsty, after all) and she's about the only person in the galaxy my player's trust unequivocally - enough that they ask her advice on what to do in the galaxy because she's almost a moral sounding board for them.

Two years of real time, I waited. About 2 years of in game time too - they'd visit her, she'd ask questions, they'd tell her about their exploits, she formed close friendships with everyone, kept fixing their ship.
Until, at the end of the campaign, with everything coming to a head, she had a big dramatic goodbye - only to have the Empire spring a perfect trap, capturing the heroes, and revealing that she'd been a spy all along.
She'd always kept track of the transponder codes. She'd given them advice that, two steps removed, would help the Empire. She knew how the team fought, how their personal dynamics worked, everything - and they never suspected a thing. They didn't have to talk to her or listen to her, if they'd just treated her like everyone else; but they didn't, and it screwed them

I felt like Thrawn, seeing the faces of my players realise it when I revealed everything.

Hell, if anybody wants I'll storytime the whole thing

Probably not the greatest campaign, but the players were at a festival and had to participate in many challenges to win a free t-shirt.
>A dungeon with the traps being pillows and bean bags.
>Do a mach-battle while trying to get through an obstacle course.
>Having to beat a friendly chromatic dragon at a challenge of their choice.

Hahahahah that's amazing

>Hell, if anybody wants I'll storytime the whole thing
That sounds amazing, please do go on.

Alrighty then. Here's to first time writefaggotry!

Quick background: Using a mash-up of the 3 FFG games, though the party were very EotE and FaD centric. Canon was played with pretty fast and loose, so excuse any inconsistencies.

Our 5 players are:
Samuel Grey: An ex-Hutt enforcer and ex-Imperial turned smuggler.

Nieve "Arson" Siobhan: Muscle-for-hire, framed for a crime she didn't commit, and has a vendetta against the Black Sun.

Jaiden Dax: Son of a now dead Jedi. His father may not have upheld the traditions of the Jedi so well, but by the force he will - with a little too much zeal and not enough zen.

Utenzo Than: An Twi'Lek ex-slave and force sensitive, rescued from the Hutts by a Jedi, then stolen from him by the Inquisition.

Tera: An archaeologist and force-sensitive, Tera works to uncover the lost histories of the Jedi... and the Sith. This goal makes her undesirable to the Imperials. (The player was a really big fan of Kreia, think a slightly edgier Kreia).

To cut to where we need to be for our Inquisitor friend, Grey and Arson take on a job from an anonymous donor to hit up an Inquisitoral training facility, and manage to do so by basically blowing a hole in the wall while a battle rages around it and drag in the two nearest force sensitives - which are Jaiden and Utenzo. No coincidences, only the force. As a favor to the two Jedi, the party goes to investigate an old ruin on Devoria, and meet up with Tera.
The party start learning about the force and their heritage, and both Jedi start using it quite liberally.
Cut to a few sessions later, and the crew have taken on a mission to go and retrieve a mysterious black box from an active warzone, Imperials fighting some upstart milita group - so sure enough, they take it.

This is where our story begins proper.

On one hand that's amazing; on the other, goddamn did they ever trust another NPC after that?

You are now remembering The Flight of Dragons. Enjoy your nostalgia, user

>Twi'lek ex-slave
There was a thread recently on how that was the biggest red flag a lot of people knew, and the thing is, I can't really think of a single case in which it was done well.
Out of curiosity, was the character played with depth and personality by a mature player, or was it a mouth-breathing otyugh-spawn who panted and chuckled his way through the initial character introduction, spending ten minutes on drizzling Cheeto dust onto the books while getting worryingly hung up on the subject of lekku?
I know perfectly well that not all players are stereotypes, but for fuck's sakes I've played with some Dorito golems in the past.

The team fly their battered YT-2400 over their warzone on I think Dantooine. The golden fields are barely noticeable among the brown upturned dirt and stark white of Stormtrooper armour - a huge scar has been left along the landscape, caused by the impact of a starship's weaponry on the surface - and the subsequent impact of a starship, so Grey determines.

The team drop themselves off into this trench, walls coming up to their heads. They sneak around a little, but eventually just decide to blitzkreig the Imperials they've dropped behind the lines of. By the time anyone can react, they've already dumped a load of blaster fire into him and his friends, or Jaiden's gotten up close and personal with a pilfered inquisitorial lightsaber - much to the chagrin of the team every time he ignited it.

Taking down a platoon or two, the team fight their way through the explosions and battle to the wreck of the ship they're after; but from behind it, already packing it up, is a young woman, barely older than 18, packing the black box away. She's dressed in the unmistakable garb of the Imperial Inquisition, face covering and all.

Hesitantly, she demands that the team leave and never speak of this. When they refuse, she ignites her lightsaber, and tells them a little more forcefully to go.
Once again, the team refuse, and it comes to blows - well, blow, a lucky crit from Arson knocked the young Inquisitor out in a single punch.

Utenzo, the emotional glue of the group, says they can't leave her in a war zone, and Tera agrees. Jaiden's a little more interested in vengeance, but puts his feelings aside because "It's the Jedi way". With a 3-2 vote, she's hauled back onto the ship along with the black box.

Being kept locked up inside a spare room, Utenzo can sense she's not particularly strong in the force, and Jaiden can tell she's not particularly skilled with a lightsaber based on their last fight. The two Jedi decide to try and save her from the Dark Side.

She (the player) was pretty alright about it, actually. Her slavery very rarely came up except as something she moved past thanks to the force, a source of hardship she overcame.
The culmination of her arc was meeting the Hutt majordomo who was her old Master, and she lost her shit and force choked him to death on the spot. Fantastic roleplaying from everyone through-out that scene and in the aftermath.

And so, years later, you'll wonder why your players are such murderhobos.

Never saw it; looked it up. Holy shit. youtube.com/watch?v=-qC2P7QYjaE

>Dm asks what kind of game the players want to play. Lists some options.
>Players vote on more lighthearted adventure
>Dm knows exactly what to do
>Game starts, everyone summoned to some mansion in a city half of them have never been to over some inheritance
>Everyone gets together as this old, dying man in his four poster bed addresses them
"Everyone, I am your father."
>Cue lines such as:
"I have no idea who you are."
"No you're not."
"I know my parents!"
"I am literally a dog."
>To which he responds
"I know it seems hard to believe, but I got around."
>Without letting them argue, he goes on to giving them their fair share of his wealth.
>This takes the wind out of any of their objections as gold coins appear in their eyes.
>Players are given an adventuring company (really just a building and an operating license) as well as a pile of notes as a major plothook.
The game is, needless to say, pretty silly.

A neat and simple campaign premise; nice one user.

As the ship travels through hyperspace to get to the dead drop back on Nar Shaddaa, the Inquisitor eventually wakes up. She's not strong enough to break out of her mag-cuffs, and she's not good enough with the force to do anything substantial, so as long as someone goes to check on her every once in a while, Grey (who's effectively the Captain, albeit a very grumpy one) says she doesn't need to be flushed out the airlock.

To start with, she doesn't respond. She refuses to eat or drink. Than eventually uses some force persuasion to get her to feel at least a little more at ease, and she gives a name - Ceska Ojell.

Over the course of the next week or so, the Jedi talk to her and act friendly enough, bringing her food and drink, and not proselytising about the light side too hard.

Eventually, Ceska does open up to them, if only not to go insane from the loneliness, and tells them about how she'd be better off dead if the Inquisition find out she failed. The Jedi assure her they're going to protect her, and that she doesn't need to worry anymore.

Eventually, Jaiden manages to coax out of her why she was on Dantooine - firstly, because her skills as a mechanic made her a good choice for salvaging the crashed ship. Secondly, because she's a native - taken away at the age of 6, Ceska watched a rebel insurgency take the life of her father, a local teacher who took up arms to defend his home. That's all the Empire was to her - the people who employed her dad, ran her school, and generally kept the lights on. There were things she didn't agree with, but overall it seemed better than the senseless violence the rebels showed her.

Jaiden, having also lost his dad, sympathises, albeit disagrees with her politics. Than, who lost her father figure, also sympathises, and both share their stories.
Now, keep in mind that Ceska poured her heart out to these Jedi after maybe a week or so of travel.

Touching down on Nar Shadaa, Grey gives Ceska a set of plain clothes and orders her to throw the Inquisitorial suit into the incinerator - which she does, knowing that people might not take kindly to an Imperial in these parts. With that, he orders her off the ship - they've spared her life, but she's attracting undue attention.

The two Jedi protest, and Grey asks what reason they'd have to keep Ceska around.
To which she responds that she's always wanted to see the galaxy, and knows how to fix up a ship - so she could stay with the crew. Safety in numbers; and having someone who knows Imperial codes could be
useful.

Grey agrees, and Ceska is adopted on as a crew member - she's still resistant to the Jedi trying to convert her, but it "does feel nice to not have to focus on all this pain and anger anymore."

With that, Ceska became a member of the crew properly. She fixed up the ship whenever it got into a scrape, changed the transponder codes as and when it was needed, and took pictures of everywhere they want, documenting everything that happened in a journal. She'd never really had a proper childhood or adolescence, so she was making up all of that time she missed now - it was exciting, this being a fugitive thing.

Whenever the crew decided to do something crazy, Ceska would act as a kind of reality check. An example would be breaking into a Black Sun spice plant, killing the guards and the Vizier there (Arson blinded him with his own spice to make him give up everything he knew about the Black Sun, looted his safe, then set him on fire - along with the rest of the warehouse), and still be able to get away with only a little patch-up needed. To the players, this was normal - but Ceska reminded them that "You guys are incredible! Did you see how quickly you moved, you should be dead, we should all be dead, this is like something out of a holovid!", always with bright eyes and a massive grin that betrayed youthful enthusiasm.It made old Grey grumpy.

Ceska also became something of a creature comfort. With both Jedi having also lost out on their youth, they went out to bars and watched holovids and did some pretty mundane, but really character-building stuff. Ceska found she had a love of old holovids about space adventurers, and a trip to Zeltros for a drug trade exposed her to all the high art of the galaxy - Tera spoke to her about it's cultural meaning, and Ceska listened intently, finding all the cultures and people of the galaxy most interesting (and lamenting that the Empire's speciesist policies were still in place).
Arson showed her the space-internet, and the two bonded over discussion and fitness routines (Ceska stayed in shape too).
Jaiden even showed her a little with a lightsaber - everyone worked their damndest to make sure that Ceska could leave her dark past behind her. She never did quite take to combat or the force though - but mechanics was something she shared with a few members on the team. Nobody was great at it, but everybody had a smattering of it.

Eventually, Ceska started to act as a moral sounding board as well - the players would ask for her input when something was a little morally dubious - Arson knew she was too angry to think straight sometimes, Grey knew he was too cynical, and the Jedi too idealistic, so often Ceska would be asked as a kind of impartial voice, next to the scholarly Tera. This influence had a few effects, but some of the most noteworthy were the deposition of a Hutt in control of a fuel export, the security of a trade route through playing Imperials and Black Suns against one another and aiding the Imperials (this made Jaiden most upset, but he figured the safety of the people from the Black Sun was better), and eventually convincing them to join up with an insurgency group, although all these things were much later.

That's how Ceska came to be known to the crew: a little naive, but well intentioned, eager to see the galaxy and uplift the mood.

Eventually, we took a break from the campaign and instituted a several month timeskip. During this time, it was decided, that Ceska would settle down to open up a small mechanics shop on Onderon. Nothing major, but the PC's were getting to become very, VERY good at what they did, and were making a good bit of trouble for the Empire - profitable trouble. Ceska was given a home, a new identity, and a legitimate business. I should probably add, we'd been playing over a year by this point.

The party still visited her, they still needed their ship and equipment repaired and she gave them a friends and family discount.

There were two times, I think, that Ceska was a major player beyond just a recurring friendly face for the characters to talk to, brag to, and occasionally cry on the shoulder of.

The first was when a Hutt found out what the party had done, and framed them for a crime. All that was actually a ruse however, for their true plan, which was to go and kill Ceska, because the Hutts knew how much she meant to them. She went out for a swoop ride one evening, and the party turned up just in time to see the bomb the Hutts had planted explode underneath her. When the smoke had cleared, Ceska attempted to stand up, then fell over, and realised she couldn't feel her legs - because one of them had been turned into viscera, and the other was led about 5 feet away from her torso. Utenzo immediately ran over to her and talked her to stay conscious, while Tera emptied the ship's medical supply cabinet to keep Ceska in one piece. Everyone held their breath when that happened, nobody was sure if she was going to make it - but through luck, determination or the will of the force, pull through she did.

The players didn't leave the medical facility they got her to for as long as she was there. Weeks passed - they all spoke to her even when she was unconscious, telling her all the progress she'd made and how they felt. Some wonderful roleplaying was had.

1. Ran a game without classes, but with JoJo stands. Basically a JoJos campaign
2. Ran a game with the Egg of the King from Berserk. I made it look like i was running a normal 'Kill the BBEG save the king' campaign but then that Behelit showed up. After i think 5 sessions, my random player that was chosen for the behelit via d6 finally gave in, and attempted to sacrifice all his friends for power. Only 2 of my 6 died, which was great because thats what i was hoping for. I basically fooled my players into playing somewhat of a Berserk campaign.

Ceska did eventually recover - and promptly built herself a pair of prosthetic legs over the course of a few months.

Arson, Tera and Grey meanwhile had hatched a plan to kill the Hutt, which involved feeding him to an Acklay. It worked - though the Jedi never knew about it for ethical reasons.

A few more months passed, and by now the rebellion is starting to come along in full swing.
One day, cruising through space, the crew get a call from Ceska - but it's nothing but muffled voices, and a tapping sound against the comlink.

Between them, Grey and Tera figure out that the tapping is a code for co-ordinates. It's all very odd, and the team drop what they're doing and spring into action. Their friend is in trouble, dammit!

This leads them to an abandoned mining facility on an asteroid. After breaching into it, the rebels inform the crew they they know who they are, and that the "Imperial bitch is better off away from you."
The crew explain that Ceska has changed, how an Imperial isn't a person like Ceska, and exchange a few remarks on how hardline this "rebellion" is - even if everyone is in favour of bringing down the Empire, torturing or killing one ex-officer isn't going to win them any friends.

The rebels assert that she's a "damn traitor", and that "If you're cozy with the Imperials, you're no friend."
The crew were actually the ones to fire first. Than could sense the anger and desperation in the rebels, and none of the team wanted to lose Ceska. Rather grimly, every rebel there was slaughtered, and the team by this point were so effective that it wasn't even really a fight. They all felt pretty bad about it, but seeing Ceska bound and gagged and bruised soon set aside those feelings. She embraced all of them, and they got her patched up and delivered back home. She thanked them the whole way there, and the crew assured her they'd always be there for her.

The Rebel Alliance became a publicly known thing a little while later. The Imperials were actually pretty careful to keep out the way of the crew, which made sense considering they seemed to be more or less unstoppable.

Keeping the incident with Ceska quiet, and assuming it to be a rogue element, the crew hooked up with the Rebels for a while. A few spec-ops missions later, and the crew have pieced together with Ceska's help that the Empire is developing some kind of prototype Star Destroyer - and that it needs to be destroyed before it can be used on the galaxy. Rebel intelligence corroborates this, and the future of the galaxy seems just a little more uncertain.

Ever selfless, the Jedi volunteer to go. Arson volunteers too, relishing something that'll be "A good challenge." Grey steps forward, saying it'll make up for the sins of his past. Tera goes too, willing to stick by her friends even in the face of almost certain death.
It's a risky mission, but a small strike team is what's needed, the Rebellion can't afford to expose themselves. Thanking them for their service, the alliance sends the crew out to the co-ordinates of the testing area. Onderon is on the way, and so the crew stop in to tell Ceska that it might well be their last visit.

For one day, they spend time with Ceska. No galactic fate, no lessons on the force - just fun hobbies. Ceska shows them all her photo album, filled with the places she'd been, and extensive notes on what they'd got up to there, and everyone has a good smile about it.

Eventually, of course, the team leave. Lining up at Ceska's door, she tells them she'll always be grateful for what they've done, how they're the best friends she's had, and how if they don't make it back, they'll live on in her memory. Tears are shed, hugs are had, and the team sets out for what would be their final venture.

The team check their co-ordinates and load their equipment in silence. They think about everything they've done, the things they might not get to do, and how much this mission matters.
The ship pulls out of hyperspace, and the relevant codes are exchanged. The ship pulls into the hanger bay of a half constructed Super Star Destroyer, and the tension could be cut with a vibro-knife.
What the crew are greeted with as they step out of their ship is a compliant officer, who assures them that "Your work for the Empire is much appreciated."
The team go along with it, figuring they must have the codes from some pretty important people. They're led to a dining hall, and told to wait for the commander to come.

He never does. Gas floods the room, stun grenades are thrown in, and a few battallions of stormtroopers fire stun bolts at them for good measure.
The team can handle all those things individually, but together, they start falling one by one as their weaknesses are exploited. Doors close and open to gradually split them up, and they're taken down individually - Arson's fancy armour even gets ion missiled to short it out. Who the hell packs ion missiles?!

The crew wake up later in some kind of detention centre, where they're kept suspended in one of those energy-field prisons Obi-Wan is kept in in Episode II when Count Dooku interrogates him.
Apparently, it's been hours. The crew have been stripped of all their equipment, and a strange lizard like creature sits on a nearby shelf, which renders the force powers of the Jedi strangely useless.

The door slides open, and into the spartan room walks a very familiar woman, clad in an imperial uniform, and a slightly sad look.

"I suppose you all want some answers, huh?" Ceska says.
The look of shock on everyone's faces never really went away.

Jaiden was the first to ask how the hell the imperials here seemed to know all their weaknesses.

Ceska explained that she had been telling them. The crew told Ceska all about their adventures, and thus their capabilites, and Ceska knew their most important strength was there being a team from being around them.
Imperial spies had also followed them whenever they were on a civillised planet or a shadowport because they'd been tracing the transponder codes of the ship. The crew had changed them constantly, but barring a few emergency changes, Ceska had been the one doing it - and that information went to the Imperials. They also had the ship's exact specifications, all the modifications the crew had made, so if they'd decided to make this a space battle, there was no ace up the sleeve the team could pull. After all, Ceska had installed most of those mods herself.

Arson asked why Ceska had been so willing to stay on the team when they worked against Imperials so often. Ceska explained that that was simply the nature of spy work - losing a few assets to do something greater. She'd always been a spy - she was a plant by an Imperial Admiral into the Inquisition. Ceska resentment of the Inquisition was real - it always had been, that much was true. But when she was captured by the crew, her objective had changed - not from any orders, but because she could see all the crazy things the crew were capable of - and documented it all extensively.

Grey asked what the hell was going on elsewhere. Ceska explained that with the crew out of the way, a carefully planned attack was being put in motion to crush the Rebellion - using information the crew had given to Ceska when they talked about it, and some tactical genius from her Admiral. Without the crew there to help, there was little hope.

Tera asked if Ceska had ever truly been on their side. Ceska confirmed she had - that she truly did sympathise with all of them, that she really did understand their struggles, that she shared in their triumphs and their losses.
But that she had been having them do the Empire's work. The Hutt they deposed who had control of fuel was refusing to sell it to the Imperials, and was corrupt. With him out of the picture, the Empire moved in and restored order, and took the fuel they needed for their fleets.
The Black Sun had been a thorn in the Empire's side for a while, but the crew had cleaned it up incredibly efficiently, and the people were thankful to the Empire for it.
Even joining the Rebel Alliance, something Ceska advocated for, was for the Empire. They had been unwitting spies, with Ceska as their messenger.

The crew might have noticed this, if they'd stayed to look at their actions. But there was always something else, always more to do, something else to look toward - and Ceska knew that from spending time with the crew, that they wouldn't think two steps removed. Even now the Rebels were facing annihilation - in large part thanks to the work Ceska had convinced the crew to do. The information for this very station was provided in part by her, and spread through the rebellion by Imperial spies implanted in it.
The time they rescued her was also imperial business. She had leaked everything she was doing to them, and they had captured her - the team had proved rather elusive, and exceptionally hard to draw out and defeat entirely. But Ceska knew the crew would stop at nothing to save her, so she deliberately got herself captured. The best part was that the crew had silenced any witnesses to that information, it turned out better than she could have hoped.

The Hutt assassination, however, was... entirely independent. There was no plan here - Ceska truly was in danger, and the crew truly did help - and for that, Ceska truly was grateful.

I bet you feel reeal good about putting in that "plot" "twist"

Than, through tear-filled eyes, simply asked why.

Ceska, choking her words a little, explained that she genuinely did care for the team, that they had grown on her, that all those things she said when she said goodbye, she meant - and that's why she had to deceive them.
The Empire, according to Ceska, truly was what was best for the galaxy; maybe not Palpatine's Empire, but it wouldn't last forever. They had performed a great service to the Empire; great enough that, with a few good words in the right ears, she had managed to secure them an offer:
First off, each of them would receive a substantial bounty for their services, a five figure sum. No matter whether they accepted or walked away, they'd have this.
Second, they had been pardoned of all crimes - including the one Arson had been framed for. This order came from high up the Imperial chain, and nothing would ever over-write it.
Thirdly, they each could have what they wanted. Arson could land a cushy job guarding a politician, or work as a fully guilded Bounty Hunter for the Empire. Tera would have full access to all Imperial archives, no restrictions - and there was a shuttle waiting to take her to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, in an official research capacity. Grey was given the opportunity to retire - however he wished, so long as he didn't interfere with Imperial business. Jaiden and Than, however, were simply free to go; so long as they kept quiet about their force sensitivity, nobody would come for them.

Everyone agreed, some hesitantly, others with a sigh of relief. Except Jaiden, who vowed to fight against tyranny wherever it was. Ceska informed him the crew's ship was in the hanger, and that he was free to go. He lost his cool as he was leaving, and yelled at her "How could you do this to me, the Empire killed my father!" She responded "And your damned rebellion killed mine!"
Jaiden had used that as an excuse for his hatred of the Empire, and having it thrown back in his face shut him down

>it's a "the bad guys were actually okay guys" episode
Terrific

Was playing an interesting Edge of the Empire game I guess in new trilogy times, really had to kind of crawl up from the bottom.

>finally get onto a decent paying job
>head to an archeological site, jedi temple
>fucking Kylo Ren's poking around
>obviously can't fight him so have to come up with some ballsy shit to both score some relics and escape
>survived with 1hp

And that, pretty much, was how the campaign ended. The crew accepted their offers, having managed to accidentally crush the Rebellion, and all retired to their lives. They had what they wanted, after all - see, Ceska had realised that anything the crew set their minds to, they got done; so instead of fighting them, just give them what they wanted.

All except for Jaiden - whom, as he was leaving, didn't think to check anything. As the players were taken via Imperial shuttle to their various corners of the galaxy, Jaiden prepared to make the jump to hyperspace; but Ceska knew that ship, and she knew it well. As he activated it, a trap was triggered, and the thing exploded - Ceska watched the debris out of a window, and sighed that it had to be this way, Jaiden Dax got spaced, having trusted Ceska's offer to go free one last time - and having been betrayed the final time.

And that was the story of how, over two years, I built up a single character as a sleeper agent for the Empire. Who seemed to fall head over heels for the idea of adventure and redemption, because she halfway did - and of players who trusted the fact that evil never greets you with a genuine, warm smile.

Thanks for bearing with me for the time it took to type this up, all.

I can't fathom what Jaiden's player must have done to have earned your ire like that. Ew.

Hey, the Empire were still bad guys, definitely and explicitly so - but not everyone working for them is a complete bastard.
Yeah, it's not the most original thing in the world, but it caught my players by surprise and was a good time.

I have to agree with user here

I've done the "it was all a ruse" before.
Even done the "im playing a character who'll betray the whole group for the macguffin of the evil empire"

but just blowing up a multi year character without any chance for him? nah that's just sucky

at least offer him a final unwinnable battle or something. let him die in whatever he's good at
the team was their greatest strenght and the team was gone. he couldn't have stood against death troopers or whatever

This was involved: d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm

All the PC's had it. Epic shenanigans ensued.

It's amazing how much fun it is for a group of 5 fighters to storm a fire giant conclave (tribe).

It makes sense that your group would enjoy a neutral/evil campaign, given that you killed a PC with no save/chance and you gave no indication about Ceska's traitorous nature.

I am glad that we don't play togethet. My GM is hard, yes, but at least He is fair.

In my slight defence, the group had incorporated a passive perception system, and he failed to roll anything to notice. When he rolled for astrogation, he didn't make that check either, and didn't bother to check the ship for any tampering, so I didn't just say "You're dead now", rolls were involved. The spacing killed him without much recourse, but that's the nature of being one person in a decompressing ship without a breathing apparatus.

That being said, in hindsight I agree. I should have let him get to the hanger and go down fighting with his sabers against some elite troops or an endless wave or something. It was a mistake, through and through.

I'd argue the players could have noticed. Whenever asked about the Empire, she'd say that she agreed with it broadly - not all of it, but most of it. She encouraged the players to join a Rebellion because that's what they wanted to do, so she said "Hey, go do that."
She never stopped being a dark sided NPC, which my force sensitives could always sense and Than did scan her every so often, but for whatever reason just took as the Inquisiton's training never rubbing off.
She actively kept a log of their activities and locations, which the players saw her writing in pretty much constantly, and at length, whenever they talked to her about themselves, and actively looked over before their final mission.

Signs were there - not obvious, but there, and when I revealed these things to them my players had a "Oh yeah, that makes sense, damn" moment. Maybe I just didn't get it across well? Whatever the case, my players were happy with it, if they weren't they'd have spoken to me about it, as that group does when any of us GM.

Whatever, just don't do it again. Unless your players are masochistic and like that kind of shit.

Your brand of "plot twist" stories make me really want to play high-insight characters and ask the GM to roll against me in the open to find out if NPCs are lying or hiding anything. And that is not fun, not for you, nor me.

You keep going on about how the roleplay was wonderful and stuff... but I bet the players had made their characters so that they had no family/friends that were on the rebel's side or were, at the very least, oppressed by the Empire.

Which would go a good way explaining why they would become douchebags and join the traitorous bitch without hesitating too much: their only connection to an NPC was her. This, in turn, gives me a good picture of a group that I really don't want to be around, especially given that they just let said bitch blow up/space one of their "companions" who arguabily probably saved their lives and helped them in their time of need and everything.

The following campaign could have been the former Jaiden meeting a couple of people he once called friends and companions, followed by pic related and a great fight and introduction for the new characters. What a waste...

Savage Worlds, Apocalypse Prevention Inc.

I'm Dming.

I've pre-genned characters for 5 players who haven't even heard of Savage worlds. Team consists of: Machine gun toting fire demon, team leader/laser sniper, cyborg with a great sword, utility wizard, and Will Smith dual wielding laser pistols.

Put them through an introductory encounter: Ninjas.

After the introductory encounter, drop them off in a forest outside of Fort Mcmurray, Alberta. Have them fight a giant cyborg bear named "King Kodiak", his bear-wife, their pet wolves, and attempt to escape the forest before their doomsday device explodes.

After that we moved onto the actual adventure.

It's almost like you're looking for vindication and want it to be the truth.

Holy shit, that's a badass way to start an adventure!

Game with floating islands and cities, with almost nothing on the ground but ever changing magical wasteland.

PROTIP: you can get a city idea out of each of your players, and BAM, instantly they will be engrossed in the campaign more because they will have invested time into making part of it.

I beg to differ. A suspicious mind is a healthy mind.

>mfw a maid game was not only the most fun I'd had online in years, but spawned a character set I liked so much I've ported them over as NPCs into two-three systems.

Maid is just a good damn game, desu.

I haven't actually run this yet, but I'm planning (read: procrastinating) a game where the players are a group of minions to a wizard, and have to run around his dungeon and tower containing his escaped experiments, while trying to balance the odds of being killed on a task with being killed by the wizard for excessive failures and cowardice, with being stabbed in the back for leaving the rest of the group behind too many times (or being left behind as the rest save themselves).

That's awesome user

>LE EPIC COOL YELLING GUY XD
Fuck off spastic

>PROTIP: you can get a city idea out of each of your players, and BAM, instantly they will be engrossed in the campaign more because they will have invested time into making part of it.
Speak for yourself. In my last campaign's session zero, I tried to get my players to each create a location and four of the five pretended not to hear me.

Players are more likely to get invested in the campaign if it involves their fetishes.

:^)

The best game I ran was a weird mix between Desert of Kharak and Gurren Laggan in Silhouette. It was basically a boss rush. The PCs had a high-speed hovering skiff(?) loaded with guns/missiles/counter-measures and fought bounties with equally OP ships in large deserts.

Story-wise it was nothing special. Humanity was stuck on this unnamed desert world / prison planet (with the aliens who put them there still patrolling in huge cruisers). They hunted bounties until they found a crashed human cruiser in a permanent storm, took the guns/power plant and started a rebellion. I had to move and we never resolved the story though.

The real fun though was in the fights, and holy fuck were they insane. Being ran in Silhouette they really could upgrade and thinker with their ship (they named her the "Fat Slag"). I never saw my group this invested in something other than classic dungeon crawling. The extremely fast and lethal vehicle combat with heat/power management coupled with the Rebel Galaxy soundtrack easily made this my best pnp experience.

Just read 2D's Shadowrun Storytime.
If you already have, just do it again.

>"I know it seems hard to believe, but I got around."
I love that premise and will probably steal it.

Thank you for sharing, that was awesome.

Went back in time to stop myself from becoming the bbeg, became the bbeg anyway, get murdered by my past self.

Go back in time to stop my past self at end of campaign, cause time loop. Consider it justice for my sins.

Kessler go and stay go.

I like this, tell me more.
I always wanted to run/play JoJo

Is this the one about the paladin who has to become the God who made him become a paladin? Love that story.

Kessler?

Bad guy in the video game Infamous, went back in time to stop himself from becoming the bad guy and gets killed by his past self, the protagonist.

TL:DR
the dm stopped placing doors because the two strength builds kept kicking them down and killing the kobolds in the dungeon

Reminds me of the paladin who wanted to kick open an open door without knowing it was open and so it became his character trait.