theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14572613
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Tzimisce

What a autist.

I understand that you're mad, or having fun trolling, or whatever, but please do everyone a favor and delete your shitpost of an OP and make a new one with a real image and a real question.

Why? I joined at a very convenient time. I wasn't present for your dick measuring contest.

Right. Thanks for being twelve years old.

>starting the thread with a troll image designed to continue the previous argument

Fuck me, what is wrong with you guys?

>>starting the thread with a troll image designed to continue the previous argument
>implying the previous argument would ever end
You can go back in the archives a year and find the same thing.

oh boy i am excited to continue talking about the same shit that ruined the last thread, great job OP

>making a new thread when we were still on page 5
don't even pretend you weren't trying to preemptively ensure your fav splat would get wanked more

>he wanted the old thread to continue
don't even pretend you aren't mad that the previous wank talk is coming to an end

What comes after Changeling 2e / Geist 2e ?

>Your favourite splat gets used in a family guy cutaway skit
go

>you hit your head so hard that the lump didn't go down until the small hours of the morning
>when you go into the kitchen for breakfast your black eye is still clearing
>Oh, user, you're still here... your mother says after turning to see you
>you stare blankly at the table set for three, two plates piled six inches high with bacon and eggs... hash browns and one modest plate for your mother
>your sister sticks her ludacrisly long wolf tongue out at you
>Not at the table wolfpup!
wait, dad, you've been teaching her your gifts? Why haven't you offered to teach me any??
>he shrugs
I forgot.

What realm is used when I target myself with a cantrip

Hunter comes before giest maybe? And probably devient.

What was so bad about the argument in the old thread? It was by far one of the less autistic discussions about the subject on the general

feel sorry for the furry bastard

Stereotypical white-room discussion consisting of a mage and a vampire.

Vampire players blew a bit of a fuse over it.

Sometimes I wish Dave would just fly down and say "No" to the Magefags. But I have a sickening feeling that he'd side with them instead, so he prefers not to say anything at all.

Dave has repeatedly expressed how much he dislikes powershitters

It got vicious. There were people accusing others of using the rules wrong, when they were clearly using them as stated. Generally it became less about actually running the scenario than proving something.

A good few people were obviously baiting, like

These two are baiters

Can we all agree that the Sabbat is the best sect around?

at this point it's time to give it back to whoever is developing ars magica

Sabbat are god tier

This entire thread is bait.

The only thing mechanically wrong was the idea that Celerity could meta-game.

Everything else was fine.

Magefags demonstrated that Celerity is nigh useless while Dominate could actually pull something off if done right.

Oh god. Just shut the fuck up. You already won. Stop prolonging it.

The big problem with the Sabbat is that their ostensible purpose (defeat the Antediluvians) is great and should make them more reasonable than the Camarilla but 90% of the Cainites in the Sabbat are edgy retards who spend all their time torturing mortals

>people post literal quotes from the book demonstrating that celerity can move you to the head of initiative order, which isn't a reaction to anything
>STILL can't accept this and call it metagaming

Jesus Christ.

>argument indeed carried over
great job OP

werewolfanon is truly the most pathetic uratha to ever live

It's the Black Hand pushing the strings towards the whole anti-antediluvian hate, originally they were just the remnants of the anarch revolt.

>he still doesn't get it

Pray tell how Celerity can detect magic about to be cast? The Vampire doesn't instinctively know when to pop Celerity.

OFFICIAL POWERSHITTERY LIMIT LINE
NO POWERSHITTERY BELOW THIS LINE

New thread that isn't a fucking retarded attempt to keep a stupid argument going.

Oh. Nice. A third thread. You're literally worse than OP.

>mfw THREE threads again
never change, /wod/

Now we need a fourth with a frogpost OP

We really do. These idiots just don't get it.

Lupus>>>>>>Metis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Homid

It doesn't have to you absolute idiot. How do keep missing the point this consistently?

We start in a combat situation in this dumb white room shit. So both parties roll initiative, intending to fight. Celerity then allows the vampire to ignore the result and automatically go first. No metagaming, pure mechanics.

I don't undersrand how this can go over your head again and again.

That it buddy, you broke the line rule, you're outta here!

This isn't white room. There was never a white room. It's something that you morons brought up. The original poster never asked for it.

There is no initiative.

POWER LEVEL WARS ARE OUT
WAIFU WARS ARE IN
SLIGHTLY MUSCULAR TOMBOY HUNTER GF IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER THEN ALL OTHER'S

Pentex rolls into the neighborhood. What do?

Get a comfy job as their CFO
>t. giovanni

>I don't undersrand how this can go over your head again and again.

Probably because user is running with the assumption that it isn't white-room nonsense while you are. You're both braindead morons.

If both don't know they're about to attack each other then initiative is irrelevant.

Holy fuck you are disingenuous as fuck.

The first argument ended, then someone brought up the white room shit, someone else said the white room shit would be where the vampire would win but white rooms don't happen in games, then magefags objected to this and it became an argument about a white room scenario. You know this, stop pretending you don't. Either that or you lack basic reading comprehension.

>tfw noone respected the line

Huh? I'm not denying that the Vampire will win initiative if they both know that a fight is inevitable. That's kind of the point with Celerity.

Magefags didn't object to anything, they brought up Mage Armor as a counter to Celerity and suggested using Dominate instead.

Of course they didn't. Why would they? After all, winning this argument on the internet is literally a matter of life and death.

strawpoll.me/14572613
whoever wins closes the debate forever

Read back. Dominate was always part of the premise. The argument proposed that the vampire would use Celerity to go first, and use Dominate with their action.

I never said that Dominate wasn't a part of the premise, now did I?

Not at all. The suggestion was to use Celerity *with* Dominate instead of outright attacking the Mage.

Can I have a "fuck this shit, fuck everything" option?

No, because the purpose is to get them to stop with their autistic argument
all normal posters want them to go away

That was literally always what the vampfags were proposing. Take a look at the post that started the second half of the argument.

Doesn't Prime defend against Dominate via 'lies' and 'deceptions' as a purview?

>normal posters
they no longer exist in these threads

>thinking this will do anything

I'm voting vampfags just to spite magefags. I likewise expecr you all to do the same.

I'm going to vote multiple times and ruin it for you

No. Well, not exactly. It would defend against the higher level powers that manipulate memory. It won't stop mental commands. You want Mind for that.

Is this the ONLY way for the v ampire to win?

>six total votes
>three ips

lol

I'm here

Why are you surprised, somebody literally just said they were going to vote multiple types to wreck it.

The people responsible for messing with the Dark Eras polls are most likely posting in here right now

>have shades and trenchcoats

Mages don't do the shades and trenchcoat look. It clashes terribly with their pointy hats.

>eight total votes
>four ips

I'd like to know which one of you is responsible for this dedication.

Vampfags working in tandem.

Vampfag still win

Had this discussion vs fuckwits when talking about Times Acceleration.

They called game mechanics metagaming back then too. Absolute faggotry.

In the hypothetic in the least thread, why did the vamp get two disciplines at 5 dots, but the mage only had 1 Arcanu at 4 dots and two at three.

What would happen if the Obrimos had Forces 5, no less Prime or another Arcana also at 5 for a similar XP outlay as the vamp?

Doesn't really change much.

The original question was twisted for the benefit of the Vampfags. It was never a white room discussion.

Dude, he declared himself earlier

Because the original question was someone asking how to deal with something presumably from their game.

Ok...

The original question
>How would I kill a vampire elder as an Obrimos with Forces at four, Prime at three and Spirit at three?
>The vampire has two disciplines at five, Dominate and Celerity.

Where did the Vampfags get the white room from

The first argument wasn't. The second argument started with
And that was a white room discussion.

If you're going to keep this dumb argument going, at least have the good grace to know what the argument was.

You both should just fuck.

See the post right under yours.

Are they both fighting to kill? If it's a wild western shootout I give it to the Vampire. Otherwise it gets roasted.

Sigh... Instead of fighting, the vamp and mage should just bond over kicking the crap out of one of those faggy changelingx. They should even invite along a woof buddy.

Is it REALLY this hard to kill a Mage? Really? The entire last thread is just this.

Maybe start a separate /wodbattles/ thread instead

>What would happen if the Obrimos had Forces 5, no less Prime or another Arcana also at 5 for a similar XP outlay as the vamp?

Nothing beats a master mage other than another master mage or an archmaster.

>the post that triggered magefags was actually a mage player admitting the vamp wins in a white room, but also listing all that ways he'd lose in another scenario

This is even dumber than I thought.

But there's not much difference between four dots and five dots, user. Likewise a Master wouldn't be able to stop Dominate.

Hmmm? The Vampire only won this because the scenario runs with the assumption that they will fight in 3... 2... 1...

Otherwise no. Mage kills it. It kills it hard.

The thing going against Dominate is that it requires eye contact.

That's generally what a 'white room' means.

That said, I'm relatively glad that much of /wodg/ seems unfamiliar with that terminology. It's one of the worst things on /co/.

Anyway can we PLEASE just talk about something else? Surely there was something else that interested someone in the former half of the last thread. Hell, I'll even take metaplot discussion at this point.

>there's not much difference between four dots and five dots

That's not correct. At five dots (and with an increased Gnosis minimum of 5+), mages can instal-kill, often at range with an area of effect, and with an easy exceptional success, no Withstand.

Honestly, no. Both vampfags and magefags deserve to shit on.
Magefags won. What are you going to do about it?

In this situation, no. The vampire will kill the master before he has time to reactr.

>mage fighting at his absolute weakest
>vampire fighting at his absolute strongest

What did they mean by this?

Yes, and that's literally what was being said there. In the incredibly rare white room scenario where the two of them have no prep and they both realize they have to kill one another with maximum force at the same time, the vampire often wins.

Literally all the post that started this argument says is that. In fact, if I'm not incorrect, that post was less about who wins and more about correcting another user about what 'white rooming' something means. Which makes this whole thing even dumber.