Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Planet on Patrol Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for new resin sisters
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>[Dunking Intensifies]
youtube.com/watch?v=OWxnDUSg-NU

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2mvmHwCxw5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Orkanaughts, are they fun to use?

What buffs are daemons going to get?

What is this color scheme user? Couldn't find it

I posted it last thread, its in Inferno

>started Death Guard in July, enjoying painting them and playing as them
>look at other armies as I play, start to like others
>really like Genestealer Cults at the moment. Every unit looks cool, there's no special character bullshit.

I feel like its too soon to start another army since I'm still new and don't have that much money to throw around, but dang the pull is strong.

Maybe I'll just get a single model, the icon guy for example and just try painting him, see what he's like etc. Could get the big battleforce too.

Thank you very much. That looks right up my alley

>Maybe I'll just get a single model
In for a penny, in for a pound.

Nice, post some pics when you're painting them. I've only seen a couple people try it.

>Maybe I'll just get a single model
Ive also told myself this lie before

Veeky Forums i have some questions for you
What is your Favorite model
What is your Least favorite model
ill start with Craftworlds and their Farseers
and my least favorite is anything remotely related to death guard

So GW (or a staffer - I forget which) made a Tweet (which I can't find right now) stating that they would be working to be more "inclusive" in their portrayal of the genders in their art and models.

If this meant a future release of female Space Marines, how would you personally react the moment you saw a box of them at your local gaming store? Not Sisters of Battle, female Space Marines in established chapters (or a chapter of their own)?

Starting a nid army soon and i'm not sure about a colour scheme, anyone got any cool chemes to show off/suggestions?

Space Marines are already ruined so who gives a shit at this point.

annoyed.
great more fap fodder and fetish armies good jorb GW
also no real change on the demographics of warhammer, possibly even negative because the above

If you wanna get the battleforce, just find someone to split overwatch with. Much better deal and you don't get the shit brood brothers.

start shitposting and spamming them until they released some plastic brothers of battle

that's probably what would happen, or at least I'd love to see that.

Just imagine /pol/ tweeting a bunch of rule 34 fem SM to GW saying "thanks for the fap material!" to make them regret it.

>brothers of battle
With afros, flares and platform shoes?

Any argument about muh lore is bs since they've basically ruined what fragile lore they had left with primaris marines. more fap material and hopefully plastic sisters next

if they don't have special characters like black dynamite and bullhorn i'm not buying

>What is your Favorite model
Fiends of Slaanesh

>What is your Least favorite model
Tau battlesuits in general

>Just imagine /pol/ tweeting a bunch of rule 34 fem SM to GW saying "thanks for the fap material!" to make them regret it.
that would be perhaps the best shitstorm to grace our hobby.

I was going to go with the Sisters aestetic but with big guys, I like your idea better.

>what if GW threw out regular marines to replace with nonsense marines
You mean if they did what they already have several months ago?

>brothers of battle
You mean Crusaders?

I'm making waspnids but I'm not very good at painting.

no, sisters of battle but they're all dudes

Struggling to see what's in that box.

Its says lots of Hybrids but what's the split between Acolyte and Neophyte?

>favorite
Wurrzag
>least
Brokk Grungsson

Do I need to add more boyz?

think like 50/50
there is atleast 12 stock hybrids
t. guy who just looked through them on ebay.
>Brokk Grungsson
this man fucking gets it.
worst dorf character sculpted for years man

>90 boyz
Seems okay.

I dunno, Broadsides and Riptides (plus variants) are cool
I don't really dislike any models, guess cluttered/noisy models are annoying and old sculpts can be kinda ugly

>Brokk Grungsson
why nobs?

The bait is weak with this one.

Anyone got that new dark angel book where they tell their primaris recruits to eat a dick? Kinda want to give it a read to see what they doing with my fluff.

>favorite model
Kataphron Destroyers

>Least Favorite Model
Centurions

Hey we still fell for it.

So between CA, the BA codex leaks and a few other codex changes here and there my Inquisition Soup (manlet BA, Inq, LotD, Skitarii) list has dropped a little over 100 points from it's old 1250 points.
I've already got a flier in there (Valkyrie), a tank (regular Sicaran battle tank), a transport (Rhino) and even something limited edition (an Imperial Space Marine). Is there anything else fun or bizarre in the ~100 point range I can shove into this list?
Nothing from the general Imperial range is off the table, just looking for suggestions. Was thinking about Custodes, but that's not going to work due to their enormous points costs.

Why not nobz? The banner is really just to help with fighting, but the others are just the heavy hitters packed into the trukk.

Favorite is Bullgryn.

Least favorite are the Eldar tanks.

>down to Troops selection. It is debatable which Troop option is the best, but the Red Thirst ability changes all of your potential choices into assault units
Do you agree Veeky Forums?

So, does WW2 pass in 40K? in terms of sheer scale, tactics and grimdarkness, i'd say it does, i know it's a good chunk of what 40k is based on, but it would still pass in-universe, i'd say.

>favorite
Ta'unar
>least favorite
anything gribbly from Tyranids

youtu.be/2mvmHwCxw5A

Most
thallax
least
scions really.
i like the berets but the armour sucks

>Anonymous
Inquisitor Corteaz is nice, maybe some Jackeros, or even Inquisitor Karmazov

fuck you i love centurions
theyre just fat cunts with drills for hands

Now that we know more about the DA codex I'm thinking of running my hypothetical primaris army as crusade-era Dark Angels that woke up to find the present day Dangles scrambling to suck all the dicks they can, and were so disgusted they made their own chapter.

Who here /hype/ for the Talonmasters in DA? First new unit I've seen in a while that I've liked. Question is, how do I build my other HQ now that shooty Captains are way less worth it? I was thinking Jump Pack with shield and Relic Blade. Or should I take a Thunder Hammer?

>tfw no inquisitor shaft

the banner makes sense but you could just cram more boys with those points i guess.

I'm not sure what you're quoting, but I would assume by Red Thirst we're talking about BA. If so, I would say that scouts are the best choice because they can get into combat easily without transports, they cost less than tac and intercessor, and they make room for your units to deepstrike because they'll be a speedbump for units that your opponents would want to scout forwards. Compared to that the other two troops choices do relatively little, and cost more to do so.

What is Talonmaster?

Just take leuitenants and don't take any captains

fits lore way better and is way better, win win

What's tg's opinion on FW girlyman as a standin for GW girlyman?

Same question but FW girlyman standin as calgar?

I don't like the new model.

>Favorite Model
Sammael, he's also a million times better if you kitbash a helmet on him.

>Least Favorite
Primaris Interceptors

see pic related
WW2 didn't have death rates for soldiers anywhere near what the fluff implies that 40k has.

the FW one is probably a bit too small to count as the 41k one

They're different sizes so FW guilliman can't represent GW guilliman

And FW guilliman doesn't have calgar's wargear so he is a shit standin as calgar

If I had more boyz, so far I only have around 100 with 10 more still in a box.

>>Least Favorite
>Primaris Interceptors

There's no model by this name

Friendly games, sure. Tournament/SeriousBusiness, no.
The scale is vastly different.

Dangles 2nd company lieutenants. A pair of manlets in a Land Speeder that comes with a twin heavy bolter and a twin assault cannon. I think they also have a buff bubble.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm good with my current Inquisitor. I'm running a generic Inquisitor for thematic reasons and for Psyker support.

Jokaero are a neat idea, and certainly a previously unseen model at my local group, but I imagine they're awful fragile since they are single models units without the being characters.

Quoting the Tactics article for Blood angels.

Pretty sure that's just sammael in his sableclaw. The special alternative to his jet bike.

you're wrong

read the community post dumbass

The new codex was also an opportunity for the Design Studio to work out how the Dark Angels are structured in the wake of the UItima founding. As you may know, most Space Marine companies now have two lieutenants that serve alongside the company Captain. In the Dark Angels, this has been expanded to include the Ravenwing – the legendary, all-mounted 2nd Company of the Unforgiven. Ravenwing lieutenants are known as Talonmasters, and they serve alongside Sammael (or his successor equivalent) with specially modified Land Speeders.

A GIANT SHITSTORM WILL ERUPT AND DEVOUR ALL

Lame. I really don't want to buy that model, how good can UM be without rowboat?

I need help facing off against my friend's Tyranid list, he's been memeing on me for years and I wanna get serious here.

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [106 PL, 2001pts]
>>HQ

Lieutenants [4 PL, 75pts]
Lieutenant
Selections: Master-crafted boltgun, Power fist, The Fist of Vengeance

Pedro Kantor [9 PL, 170pts]

>>Troops

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 93pts]
Plasma Gun
Combi Plasma

Plasma Gun
Combi Plasma

Plasma Gun
Combi Plasma

>>Elites

Company Ancient [4 PL, 67pts]
Selections: Boltgun, Power sword

>>Heavy Support

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 172pts]
Selections: Armorium Cherub
Space Marine Sergeant
Selections: Storm bolter
Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon
Selections: Lascannon x4

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 172pts]
Selections: Armorium Cherub
Space Marine Sergeant
Selections: Lascannon x4

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 107pts]
Space Marine Sergeant
Selections: Heavy bolter x4

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 107pts]
Space Marine Sergeant
Selections: Heavy bolter x4

Predator [9 PL, 150pts]
Selections: Predator autocannon, Two Heavy Bolters

Predator [9 PL, 180pts]
Selections: Predator autocannon, Two Lascannons

Predator [9 PL, 180pts]
Selections: Predator autocannon, Two Lascannons

Dedicated Transport

Razorback [5 PL, 114pts]
Selections: Twin assault cannon

Razorback [5 PL, 114pts]

Razorback [5 PL, 114pts]

The main strategy of this list being to shoot the fuck out of him until he's dead, with plasma squads in razorbacks for midfield objective grabbing. His lists mostly revolve around Exocrines, hive guard, and carnifexs. Outranging and debuffing my units with powers and malenthropes.

help me get good Veeky Forums you're my only hope

Hmm, apparently they're called Inceptors.

they're not

No, it's a buffing,flying baal predator as an HQ choice. The more I think about that, the more ridiculous it sounds. Things probably going to break the bank points-wise for a generic HQ choice.

But that's the exact model they've used for four editions to represent sammael in his special metal box. You're telling me anyone can use it now? Is this like greyknights and grandmaster dread knights? New models from kit bashing?

>Veeky Forums i have some questions for you
Fine
>What is your Favorite model
Pic related. This motherfucker. The new one is ass.
>What is your Least favorite model
New Typhus, but 95% of new models are pretty much shit. I'm sure there's decent model under all the MAXIMUM OVERCAD. It's the reason I haven't bought a new LoC. It's not quite worth the price tag yet, to me.

Well it's objectively inferior to Sammael in Sableclaw, which is 216 in the index. So I can't see it breaking 200.

They're called INCEPTORS because an inception is a starting point. They're INCEPTORS, those who cause the inception.

They start the fight.

INTERCESSORS are
a person who intervenes on behalf of another, especially by prayer.
They're literally named holy defenders of hummanity

This is where GWs boner for special characters gets in the way of fluff. DA successors have their own Deathwing and Ravenwing, but unless I'm retarded we've never had generic captains for the 1st and 2nd company. You pretty much have to use Belial or Sammael counts-as, which isn't too bad for Belial but gets retarded when Sammael is supposed to have the last jetbike in the Imperium.

>anyone can use it now
If by anyone you mean Dangles or their successors, which has always been the case.

so i got the ork battleforce kit as my first dudes

the question is what clan do i paint them as? should i wait for the codex?

Leaning towards evil sunz because fast

I thought they were called Intercessors as in, between predecessor and successor. Like they're the successor to the Space Marine, but aren't as awesome as a Primarch/Custodian.

The more you know.

By anyone I mean anyone who isn't Sammael, Chad of the Ravenwing Company.

red goes fast

Drop the HB on the Autocannon Predator, and use the money to NOT BE IN THE FUCKING RED!

Spend it on other goodies. I'm sure you can find a place for 3 more power weapons.

In the original supplement we didn't even have the special characters, we just had a generic Master of the Ravenwing. Will check when I get home to see if dame is true of deathwing

if GW has any sense left in them, they would stay away from starting any fires

fun fact, in dark imperium it's revealed that the custodes have become autistic retards who have no manners, don't know how to talk with normal humans, and lost all their tactical knowledge for planning fights because they haven't done anything except sit on terra with their thumbs up their asses

Well there was nothing stopping you from rolling a generic Company Master with Terminator honors or a Jump Pack respectively. I mean yeah the Jump Pack was an inelegant solution.

>Planet on Patrol Edition
>4.92x10^91 guardsmen

So about 3.7x10^93 kg of guardsmen.

The total mass of the observable universe (including dark matter) is about 3x10^58 kg.

At the usual density, this sphere of guardsmen has a radius of 9.6x10^30 meters, or 10^15 light years. Twenty billions times larger than the radius of the Milky way. Divide the size the the Earth by twenty billion and you get a speck of dust, 0.6mm across.

Successors don't have deathwing or ravenwing

Big Gun Big Robot, but arms included this time

Interesting, Custodes have become MtG players.

Well, that's pretty lame.

Guess I can't play SM

Yea, funny enough there are a lot of biblical references in the new marines. They have a fucking organ called the magnificat.

Well, that isn't surprising...