Hello human. I am a purveyor of the traditional games of various sapient and near-spaient races...

Hello human. I am a purveyor of the traditional games of various sapient and near-spaient races. Please describe to me the traditional game that best represents your species, in your opinion.

Diplomacy.
It's a game about being the lyingest schemingest cunt in order to win. Set in the historical period of one of the bloodiest times in history

Wouldn’t most near-sapient “games” be closer to animal play than anything we recognize as a game? I can’t imagine a near-sapient developing something even as basic as Rock Paper Scissors.

Fatal. nuff said

Chess?

They ayy is a bit racist ok?

I mean, we got monopoly. The main objective is to see if you can wait 8 hours with out killing yourself so it can be set up

knifey-spooney

There is a game played by one gently developed species, it's name is mostly "spoken" through odor, although the sound ones gland makes whilst expelling this odor could be spelled as "Phut". The smell is a combination of grass and dog hair.

The game itself consists of a series of 11 small, smooth stones of varying sizes. The game can be played by as many as four at any given time. The objective is to pick up the most stones once the name of the game is "spoken" and dissipated into the atmosphere four times. The appendages of it;s makers split into three pairs of claws each. It is a violent game.

on an unrelated note, tell us of the non human traditional games you have encountered.

F.A.T.A.L.

GURPS motherfucker

What the fuck is a near-sapient traditional game supposed to be?

yes,

Every hear about what dolphins like to do for fun? Or chimp murder parties?

Probably the game of catch we play with dogs.

A person throws a stick.
The dog runs and finds it and gives it back to the person.
Repeat.

See
Also,there is also another game played by a fully sapient species that is almost identical to your "Settlers of Catan", with the added option of combining various resources together to form unusual combinations.

While it was played as a pastime, it formed the model for trading between small fledgling nations on a particular continent. Needless to say, these nations remained several decades behind the rest of the planet in terms of development.

there's "Krumpfest"

everyone gets together once a year and krumps everybody else. The survivors mate.

>I can’t imagine a near-sapient developing something even as basic as Rock Paper Scissors.
Well, it doesn't start there, obviously. You start by playing Rock Rock Rock, until someone gets around to inventing such a thing as Paper and/or Scissors.

>Monopoly
>wait 8 hours so it can be set up
>Put one piece on the start for each player, shuffle two decks, hand out money
>8 hours
I mean, I hate Monopoly. Hate it. But c'mon, nobody can be THIS bad at boardgames, right?

>Rock Rock Rock

biggest Rock wins.

The X-com board game. Now piss off ayy before we sick our sparks on you.

Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k 7th Ed. Any other answer is objectively incorrect

probably baseball

but who invented that game... dog or human?

Pathfinder, it is the greatest, most balanced game ever made.

>SPARKs
Inferior machines. Give me back the cute little murderbots. Beep Beep, motherfuckers.

But can it act as cover?

Yeah

Uno.

Honestly Uno has little bit of everything.

Rifts

Our world is a glorified kitchen sink of peoples, places, levels of technology, and levels of power (Looking at you africa) where the rules function JUST enough to keep the world moving while no one can agree on whats right and wrong without inciting a riot somewhere over something stupid

Pathfinder;

It's a miserable combat-heavy grind mostly and for some reason people keep propagating it.

Munchkin.