Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

For those we cherish edition.

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for new resin sisters
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>[Dunking Intensifies]
youtube.com/watch?v=OWxnDUSg-NU

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

anydice.com/program/ddbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am trying to model 3D6, reroll the lowest if under 9 on anydice and am having trouble.

I have this fine for rerolling the whole bunch if under 9, but have no idea how to write re-rolling only the lowest. Any help would be appriciated

anydice.com/program/ddbc

lamenters best chapter

3rd for apoc never used points

Any good 4ok Books that focus on the chaos named characters or the dark eldar

Is a captain with Jump pack worth running all by himself as a beatstick?

I need an excuse to convert a DC Captain

I'm with ya user

>or the dark eldar
Um you mean like PATH OF THE DARK ELDAR?

>chaos named characters
You mean like LUCIUS or FABIUS BILE PRIMOGENITOR or AHRIMAN OMNIBUS

How many of you build your army to win the battle vs to be the fluffiest?

xth for lamenters a shit

Do you have an army of them user or just like them?

My friends and I build to win and to be fluffy. We play a style I like to call "casual-competitive" where we do aim to win, but not by cheesing eachother. Highest stakes are banter rights when we go to dinner afterwards.

>telling easily disproven lies

Marine players on suicide-watch.

Technically yes. Just need to get the right paints.

I've painted a single termie but I wanna wait till the BA codex comes out to keep painting them to see if they actually are primaris only now ;_;

Is having 4-5 Valhallan tank commanders worth it or is the 45 point cost overrated ?

don't let that stop you, if you don't want to run primaris just say they're from earlier in the chapters history and happen to be fighting whoever it is you're playing because of warp shennanigans

I wanna do a small terminator force of them allied in with another chapter, any ideas for someone fluffy? I might stick them in with some primaris exorcists.

Statistically, which one has better chance of making 9" charge: 3d6 or 2d6 re-roll?

I just want to know if they're okay in the current universe's time.

From what I've heard its been heavily implied that they're wiped and exclusively primaris now

fuck

3d6 and they can use one dice to re roll

Yea, not answering the call to defend Baal was p big

It literally talks about using points on that picture. You aren't fooling anyone, but I must commend your duplicitous refusal to look at the original Apocalypse rules.

enjoy your open play from now until forever though :)

I mean they COULD be fine, just a little busy getting out of the warp. But this is the grimdark universe of 40k, who am I kidding..

I'm holding out hope they're not whiped

Hush, you can stop shitposting now. You and I both know that the vast majority of people will just continue using points for them, just like the default game style is still Matched Play.

Do Loyalists/Imperials hang human/alien/whatever skull/head trophy on their armor, or is it to Khorne stuff?

White Scars do

I honestly don't get it why people like them, the Lamenters are the absolute worst chapter. They are to the Loyalists, what the Word Bearers are to Chaos. I mean, taking into account they're a Cursed Founding chapter helps, but the only appealing aspect of them, their humanity, is exactly why they suck.

The whole point of Space Marines are to be that callous, logistically cold, killing machine. Not a hug box in power armor. You want soldiers with humanity? That's called the Imperial Guard. Taking unneccisary casualties for basic human citizens is meaningful when you don't have a galaxy overflowing with them, the Lamenters are just wasteful of their own supplies, and cannot be replaced by Red Ultramarines fast enough.

where can a friend get the audiobook for Old Earth

Not where I play, but you can pretend that counting 6 points per guardsman somehow makes your game more tactical

Ditto for the Space Woofs, they'll take a few trophies.

Still no user hero posting BA codex,right?

White scars have a room fillled with trophies, Executioners, Black Templars and Mortifactors all have skulls in some form and most marine chapters have enshrined bones in their armor. Tyrannic veterans also adorn their armor with dead Tyranid stuff.

The entire point of the Lamenters, despite being the best chapter, is to show that the grim darkness will punish, torment, and kill them for their idealistic views and good intentions.

Why the fuck aren't points values for wargear and models on the same page as the unit? God damn that annoys me to all hell. Also was it that hard to put a little arrow beside points changes in CA so you didn't have to flip through both books.

1st for chaos is the only true threat to the galaxy

>The whole point of Space Marines are to be that callous, logistically cold, killing machine
And the Lamenters are the opposite of that which is what makes them interesting. Sure they're still space marines but they're not really worshiped as godlike figures like other space marine chapters are. They're constantly shit on from their enemies and own allies on a daily basis and are from the cursed founding. Many would think the Lamenters would go renegade or something but they power through it to live another day.

The point i'm making is that they're not treated as some invincible war machines' that have no emotions. Lamenters show that Space Marines are still human.

So, will the new Primaris version suffer a terrible kick to the junk fairly soon in, where their attempts to live up to the legacy put them in a similarly bad spot? Or do you think they'll be so tone-deaf as to have the new, chad version able to handle any and all problems with ease?

anyone got the nid thing with the six 0's?

It's 6x6s.
And no

That is FAKE NEWS

They’re not primaris only. Multiple pieces of lore state they’ve been reinforced with Primaris, not replaced.

Found it

well that hardens my dick user :^)

I'm looking to paint my first Ad mech army which will also be my first army in general. The thing is that I don't like the color scheme so I'm looking for something different.

What do you guys think of replacing the Red for light purple while having red for clothing and armor detail? The mechanical parts will still retain the gold and bronze color.

Until 9th ed drops and marinelets are finally squatted like they should be

You missed the part where he said good

Me too man. I had 4k points of them in 5th ed after Badab War stuff came out and I’ve loved them forever.

>9th drop
>Cawl reveals himself to be with Dark Mechanicus this whole time
>Fuckton of Primaris Marines turn to chaos because they were sleeper agents
>People realize manlet marines are much more stable and have less chance of converting to chaos

>Carnac is finally proven right about the chaos threat
Screenshot this you guys will all see

see

Primaris marines will get their own seperate codex from regular marines at some point, it is inevitable, this way GW can keep milking the money with double the books.

I wish GW would write cool stories and chapters like the Badab war era guys.

Lime green and shit brown.

Dubs to confirm

Worth a shot.

Is the Night Lord's Legion Tactic the worst of the bunch? There are already so many ways to totally ignore moral rolls that it doesn't even seem to apply half the time.

Warhammer is all about YOUR DUDES. Paint them how you want. The galaxy is a real big fuckin' place, the guys you paint don't have to be from a canon Forgeworld.

It's your army, paint it however you want. Your more likely to paint if you actually like the colours you're using.
Just say they are currently fighing a war and have taken on the purple while they fight there.

Any scions player's here got pictures of your dudes or advice for someone who wants go run pretty much all scions and a bit of armor/fly. Also how are baneblades for just having one? I wanna kit it up to make it look really lived in/on by the crew and it's just such a cool model and centerpiece with my future boys.

The novels and such do a great job honestly.

A dedicated Lamenters novel is much needed however.

Word Bearers will never surrender their worst legion spot so easily.

What's the best CT (not UM because no rowboat) for a mostly shooty primaris infantry force?

I have heavy apothecaries and ancient auras, am running red scorpions

>implying NL and WB arent both defending their spot as worst legion from Black legion

>A dedicated Lamenters novel is much needed
This. I've wanted a legitimate book starring my boys for a good while now.

Yea, I really want an exorcist novel and a lamenter novel. My two favorite chapters in all of 40k.

Raven Guard?

WB have such terrible traits there isn't a tactica on how to run them, there's just no point.

Still play them anyway though, terrible rules or no.

The CT look good for the -1 to hit, do the stratagem/relic/warlord trait also?

Well, BL has Abbadoo, at least WB got some fancy stuff like Eliphas and NL are freaky.

I am building a new army, tyranids. What tyranids are good right now? Thanks!

What are the cheapest Imperium options for reach force organization slot for brigade filler? Right now it's looking like:
HQ: Death Korp Field Officer (23 pts)
Elites: Acolyte (8 pts)
Troops: Skitarii Rangers (36 pts)
Fast Attack: Cyberwolves (15 pts)
Heavy Support: Heavy Weapons Team (30 pts)
Is there anything I've overlooked?

Shrikes mainly

The Emperor canonically defeated the avatar of chaos in combat and survived. Chaos BTFO

i'M A GREENSKIN BUT i HAVE TO GIVE IT TO THE EMPS.

My armies are fluffy and strong.

Better make the loser pay for dinner.

All of the points in CA are changes...

Depends on the situation.
I build my list to win when I play against my close friends, since we all enjoy playing competetively against eachother.
At the moment I've just started up a year long campaign, however, in which fluff is going to be the first and final thought in deciding what I take.

I always make a point to only use the models I like, though, so for example, I dont use Stormravens aka the toasters for my GKs

You are a dirty CP WHORE.

what even the fuck is the point of making an army like that

There are points increases and decreases m8

Hey 40kg, whats the best shooty gun for a GM dreadknight?
The incinerator seems cool, but when I compare it to the heavy psycannon, its seems really shit for its cost.

Is Psilencer+Psycannon the way to go? Those two combined cost only 10 points more than the incinerator does on its own, and puts out quite a decent chunk of mind dakka. Plus, you have the synergy with Psychic Onslaught stratagem.

Yes? I try for both. Its the main reason i take 10 man tactical squads and a couple assault squads but at the same time i like to use the stronger options in my Codex like Death Company and Sanguinary Guard. Though my other armies are Daemons and T'au so those armies are more fluffy than anything else since the only strong list for those is spam.

r8 my list Veeky Forums here's my strat
>use new outflank strategem either on wulfen or murderfang
>hold my 2 hqs off the table
>sit bjorn in the back with long fangs, snipers, and grey hunters on objectives
>eat the ass of anything in charge range of my wulfen

also the thunderhammers were miscosted in BS so the list is under 2k

What is everyone's opinions on how to build Orks competitively? From what I've seen, Weirdboyz seems to be good smite bots and boyz in general seem to be a good buffer. I've also heard good things about tankboyz, but I'm not sure as to how exactly many I would want and how to use them effectively.

I played a friend today with a 1.5k list of Orks. There were a few scary moments but a couple of key charges allowed me to tarpit his stuff and whittle it down. I brought a couple of Kans and 3 Dreads as muscle but honestly I'm not sure how much I can really say they did.

There's an upcoming tournament in my area and I'm thinking of bringing my Orks but I'm trying to refine a 2k list in order to actually compete. I'm a little annoyed that the thing that keeps popping up in every tournament list I find is the $500 dollar Squiggoth from FW. I mean, Surely there is SOMETHING reasonably priced that I could run as Orks.

Orks are so good, it is crazy.
You have everything you need to win, and got some subtle chapter approved buffs.
crazy good

orks can be built decently, but they will never compete against a competently made codex army

>he doesn’t know that the Chaos Gods actually wanted Horus to lose in new canon

You're all wrong; by 9th edition the fact that all marines are primaris-sized figures will be handwaved, and there'll be a special upgrade kit to signify something's a primaris unit.

You could run hundreds of boyz buffed by Weirboyz and Warbosses
>reasonably priced
Oh...

Building a catachan command squad, what should I give the special weapons guy? Are heavy flamers worth the points?

No no user. By 9th edition CSM and normal Marines will have destroyed each other and the game will only be about the Imperial Guard vs the galaxy

>I'm a little annoyed that the thing that keeps popping up in every tournament list I find is the $500 dollar Squiggoth from FW

thats because its 400 points for a 35 wound transport with decent melee and mortals

Too bad its OOP

Factually incorrect. By 9th the Imperium of Man will be obliterated, with all humans gone, and the game will be about the Tau fighting off everyone else.

Weirdboyz are good smite spammers, but if you can reliably get d6 MW, even if you're perils'ing, out of them they become great. Add onto that giving your boyz +1A and da jump, for 62 points they're a fucking steal. Take a supreme command detachment with 3 every time. On top of that, orks have a few interesting ways of dealing mortal wounds, squiggoths and gargantuan squiggoths deal mortal wounds on the charge, and on a 4+ burna bombas deal 3 mortal wounds to everything within 6".

Outside of those MW options, kommandos are excellent value. When you consider how close you can put them to the enemy they more than make up for their points increase over boyz, plus each squad of 5 gets a nob and two burnas for free. You can similarly get a lot of value out of stormboyz, their points increase over boyz usually pays for itself by getting them into combat faster and allowing them to assault airborne units. Lastly, mek guns' kustom mega kannon are the best gun you have, point for point, never waaagh without them.

On the vehicle side things don't really look that great, each vehicle is usually another mob of 30 boyz that you don't get to take. That being said, big trakks with supa skorchas are great because they not only allow you to run and gun with automatic hits, but they can do so from a semi-respectable range. Dakkajets are the only other shooting vehicles I would consider, averaging 9 hits per turn is not bad, but it's worth considering if you're going to run fliers whether you'd prefer a suicidal burna bomba instead.

As per your question about tankbustas, I have mixed feelings. They would be ideal if the capacity of a trukk were a little bit higher. See, their best weapon is the bomb squig, and you can take two squigs per 5 tankbustas. So, what you really want to be doing is getting your ten tankbustas with four bomb squiggs, but that's 14 models and won't fit into a trukk. That being said, for ~300 points you can one-turn-kill a landraider.