What are Wizard homes like in your setting, Veeky Forums?

What are Wizard homes like in your setting, Veeky Forums?

>Currently playing Necessary Evil
>Am a Super Edgy Dark Wizard from another Dimension
>Entire realm covered in DARKNESS and SHADOWS
>Home was a tower made of DARK GLASS from which he ruled his realm of DARKNESS against other wizards
>Currently in process of turning his living quarters into a sandbox so it feels like home

This is much more fun than I thought it would be.

Isn't that St. Nick?

Wizard homes are composed of equal parts power, arrogance, mystery, danger, and wealth.

My favorite relatively-recent source of inspiration for such things is the Seclusium of Orphone.

It depends on the wizard, but the classic tower is popular.

The only proper "Wizard" still alive in my setting lives in the rickety schoolhouse of a ruined village. Converted into his personal living space, its a complete mess. Stacks of tomes of all sorts laying about, sheaves of parchment chucked aside, slate-boards covered in all sorts of magical scrawling and such. The only proper pieces of furniture are a desk cluttered with ink wells, scrolls, and various magical baubles, a tiny dining table, a broken chair, and a ratty mattress.

A mighty wizard indeed.

Msgitech fucking everywhere.

wouldn't be surprised if you go full autistic and recreate your home in Minecraft (or, with LEGO-bricks)

Meticulous hexagonal slates of stone, everything perfectly organized in their places. Libraries with maybe a few loose books strewn on tables, and magical engines and artifice for their experiments.

My wizard runs a hunting lodge with a bear skin rug that can talk.

Often the beat talks about he best tree he has ever scratches his ass on.

Fair enough

The only wizard I ever played made his home on an old, abandoned tournament grounds. It was abandoned when war broke out between two neighbouring countries, and the country whose land the tournament was held on had their government overthrown, so everyone just kind'a forgot about the area and no one was ever dispatched to clean it up or tear it down.

There were a bunch of (other) homeless and vagrants occupying the grounds, as well. My wizard would often "hire" them as assistants or tests subjects during downtime between adventures, though his workshop and his actual home were hidden and secluded away using magic, else all his shit be stolen. With enough money, he eventually converted his home into a small mage tower, using it to amplify his magic in the area.

>st. Nicholas icon on the wall
Now this is a nice touch.

Ah, the famous Foot Fetish Wizard's magic school.

Not every wizard, but some of them get a little bit wacky with it

Have any of your spell casters read a book since deciding to go on an adventure?

I do like to imagine if wizards had internet forums, they would have autistic fights over various magical theorems and schools of though.

Depends on the wizard, but distant towers and mountain vaults are both highly popular among cabals, and for good reason.

Highly personal. One lives in a shack, surrounded by books, sleeping on books, with a host of spider pets that keep the place free from pests that might harm the books. He only reads books and became a wizard mostly by accident, since he read so many books about magic. He never forgets anything he's read, unless it's magic and thus might flee his mind, which is why he really dislikes spells since it's a waste of time to read something twice.

Another lives in a magically enlarged chimney at the top of a wizard's academy. It's magically enlarged from the inside, but he still blocks any smoke from rising through the chimney, and won't tolerate if anyone tries to build another chimney. Every wall has a bunch of mirrors that follow the movements of the victims of his great many grudges, which he spends a lot of time to pursue. He is, as a result, the world's foremost master of magical curses. He doesn't just slap you with the most painful or disabling curse he knows, though, he spends many hours a day to make sure it's just right in terms of how disruptive and subtle it is, based on the strength of his grudge. He used to be one of the world's greatest mages, who consorted with devil lords and the highest angels, but he grew jaded and bitter about the one-sidedness of such personifications of dispositions, and instead slowly started focusing all his energy on the petty grey everyday matters and grudges that comes with it.

That's /wodg/

That looks so damn comfy.

Always with a magical and infinite-seeming rendering of the stars instead of a ceiling. But on the outside it's just a regular house. Max comfy.

>Msgitech
I heard that's bad for your heart.