Why is /pol/ rampant in this board all of a sudden? I know this place is dying but ffs this place is just /v/-lite rn

Why is /pol/ rampant in this board all of a sudden? I know this place is dying but ffs this place is just /v/-lite rn.

All of the sudden? You mean for the past two years?

Because you faggots never stop responding to them instead of reporting en masse.

This. Let them bitch at each other. Just hide the damned threads.

Standard procedure with dealing with /pol/:
Report, ignore, hide.

The worst thing you all newfags do is engaging in those threads and whinning in them. Hell, even posting bait images in them is still replying to bait. Don't do that. Just fucking ignore them. They will then hit archive in less than a hour, even if not pruned by mods.
This is in fact one of few instances when ignoring existence of a problem solves the problem. Add report if you see idiots replying in the thread and that's it.

I blame magic drama, it took /pol/'s attention and made resident /pol/s more active, both about magic and about other topics.

I blame moot for giving them a safe space to crawl back to when normal folks aren't having their shit. Makes ignoring and reporting less effective.

Mod's tacit approval doesn't help much either.

I report them all the time but the janitor doesn't do shit.

peopel get too mad about them, let them ramble among themselves and ignore them, no point whining or responding to them, there is already a lot of shitposting, i don't see why one should get so worked up about theirs.

Because Veeky Forums is filled with tumblr residents who call anything they don't like /pol/, so you see it mentioned all the time.

That would be fine except /pol/ fucking jumps into threads that have nothing to do with them and shitpost them to death.

All this pretending that people don't blame it on pol when they read anything they disagree. But yeah, hide and ignore is the best course of action.

you faggots are quick to call anything you disagree with, regardless of content /pol/. I can't tell if the majority of you are memeing or not with that go back to /pol/ business.

You don't seem to understand. /pol/ is a containment board, it exists specifically so its posters don't visit the rest of Veeky Forums.

Because if you looked out a window you'd see that that identity politics have come to the forefront, and some people can never let it go for more than a minute. The problem is, some people are just stupid, and can't stop. Some are deliberately polluting threads for lulz, and some are False-Flagging faggots from /leftypol/, not many of those though.

I mean, I'm as far right as the scale goes, but Politics isn't fun, it's depressing as shit. Depressing world shit should be turned off to have fun. Some people can't get this apparently.

I would normally agree, but you can't post a negro without wewuzposting now, and women hate threads are almost a daily occurance.
I myself come from /pol/, but sometimes I like to talk about things other than niggers and kikes.

in my experience it is usually fault of peopel who can't ignore them, most often i see polfag saying soem retarded shit and then threads gets derailed because peopel can't ignore him. If people were just smart enough to look away a polfag only adds a stupid comment.

-4 Str threads have always been a staple of Veeky Forums and wewuzposting is just the meme du jour, give it enough time and it will die and be forgotten.

>You don't seem to understand. /pol/ is a containment board
its a fucking failure of a containment board, that has turned into a pulsating tumor that spreads through the rest of the website.

Someone is currently posting saged unicorns in one of /pol/ threads. The amount of non-unicorn posts is steadily decreasing as it goes.

> i don't see why one should get so worked up about
Because pic related

Then someone should reach the higher ups of Veeky Forums and ask for a renewal of the moderation team due to low effectiveness against offtopic in some boards.
Maybe even implement some sort of auto-moderation based on number of reports or something.

>-4 Str threads have always been a staple of Veeky Forums
They used to be mostly ironic, and if anyone was serious about it they would end up getting flooded with muscle girl pics.

1. Because you respond and make threads like this,
2. The recent years in a while has seen a rise in white nationalism, people getting tired of SJWs/political correctness, and Trump becoming president has pretty much encouraged more "alt-righters" to stand up
3. Veeky Forums has always done some light joking racism against things like elves. So you attract retards via Poe's Law.

>I know this place is dying
But it isn't. It's actually in pretty good shape.

i don't see a reason to get worked up there, you are comign to an anonymous forum. Shitposting is what defines it, just because you don't liek soemthign doesn't mean you have to get worked up about it, just ignroe it, if you can't ignore shitposts and bad content this is honestly not the place for you.

So you mean the problem is Veeky Forums turned into easily triggered Tumblr queens?

>why are there nazis and white supremacists on US boards?

It's an absolute mystery, really.

>Maybe even implement some sort of auto-moderation based on number of reports or something
Unironically go (back) to reddit fag.

It get's 50% of all traffic to the website, that's a lot of chucklefucks, and a lot of the chucklefucks from certain sub-r*eddits that shall not be named don't know when to stop,

Possibly, kinda glad those threads aren't around anymore though, they annoy the shit out of me.

Not really, Veeky Forumss been tanking hard lately

If that makes life easier for you, sure

Only that all creation of /pol/ did was guaranteed safe-spot for stormfags. Then they've further created separate boards that removed any semblance of normality from /pol/, leaving bunch of nuts together for themselves, in highly concentrated numbers. So instead fighting them like a virus they are, they were given a fucking free space for breather moment. It contained shit, instead providing a platform for them.
Creating /pol/ was probably the worst decision moot ever made.

If that's the necessary evil to get rid of retards so be it.

/pol/ is not here. it's just that a lot of people on Veeky Forums are racist and retarded beyond redemption.

>Not really, Veeky Forumss been tanking hard lately
What makes you say that? Still think it's in a good shape.

Sup /pol/. Fuck off.

this. it's one of the few boards i browse daily

>"Could you please talk about plastic spacemen in the plastic spacemen thread?"
>"haha are you le triggered much?"

>Veeky Forums
>pretty good shape
Where have you been for past 3 years? Because this place is going down on steady pace. Creation of /qst/, while unrelated with the downfall itself, is the easiest mark when things really went from "signs of decline" to "going to shit". Not because it removed quests, but because it throw away most of writefags (who were sitting around solely for quests) out. In turn, we've got twice as much /pol/ leakage

Y'know reddit sweeping out their alt-right probably does explain the uptick. A bunch of ex-r edditors jump in here and think they're in good company, and think shouting 'go back to r eddit' at anything that isn't goosestepping white nationalism is the way to fit in.

>being this new

No it's stupid.
Veeky Forums has had shit mods before, it won't help.
Think how good youtube automod is.
Now do that with a fraction of the budget.

No, the poitn of Veeky Forums is dfoign whatever without repercussion, as long as it's within the rules. If you want a good productive community where people actively try to make the community better or make themselves look good to the community this is not the place for you. There are plenty of other plaes to use, this is for doing wehatever and lettign other peopel be disruptive. You cannot make Veeky Forums into a community of good willed people, don't even try, either use it for what it is or change community. I like the mix of shitposting and retarded shit with actual content Veeky Forums can offer, if you don't there is no point in staying here.

Come on, user. We all know the "alt right" are just a meme NPC faction the developers added to this edition to act as foils for the Mary Sue SJW faction.

Oh I see, we got a creativity fag here that doesn't play traditional game. Yes, this board must be hell for you if it stays on-topic just one more day.

Then limit that power only to Veeky Forums pass users, because those are the only people who care enough about this place to try to keep it clean.

You sound like a /b/tard or a newfag.

either way, fuck off.

>dev puts politics into game
>player says they don't like it
>OMG WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BRING POLITICS INTO EVERYTHING! FUCK OFF /POL/

Not him, but consider the following:
/pol/ is infamous for raiding boards and sites in organised manner. Auto-mod would literally give Veeky Forums away to /pol/, because they would report entire boards en-masse

>No, the poitn of Veeky Forums is dfoign whatever without repercussion
Get the fuck out retard.

This thread was a mistake and I am sorry for making it

This.

See also:
>My politics aren't politics, they're just common decency
>And you'd know that if you weren't alt-right nazi scum

Ah, the
>it's supposed to be shit
argument. Go back to where you came from.

You'd have a point if the 'politics' you're talking about was something actually political instead of just official artwork depicting a woman or a black guy which makes up 90% of those threads.

>Here, let me attatch the arbitrary appointed label while openly ignoring the statement and problem at hand, because Veeky Forums is doing swell, I'm telling you!
That's probably explain why the board traffic went down by almost 35% in last year.

>My politics aren't politics, they're just common decency
Refraining from calling black people 'niggers' is common decency.

Fuck, this was supposed to reach

Maybe the problem is, when I post in edhg about an Alesha or gay kings list, what common sense dictates is that i get a variable amount of answer telling how to brew that list, why am I a faggot for playing that list, and why that commander should be banned, in no particular order. What should not happen is a chain of replies talking about how those commanders are an sjw leftcuck tranny whatever conspiracy, that fuck fat jeremy is am hero, trannies are killing the hobby and magic is dying. Nevermind that these are blatant lies of various degrees, for everyone is free of being stupid as long as their stupidity does not endanger others, but it is grating to always see the topic snatched away and derailed into a mass of rambling that keeps everyone who has an actual contribution to make away from it on the ground of not wanting to spawn more of that shit.

>being here for writefags
wew.

Also human memory tends to ignore all the dull and bad stuff, so past always seem better than it really was.