Is this the most elegant trading card game card ever created?

Is this the most elegant trading card game card ever created?

Just draw 2 cards, no strings attached. Not even the Black Lotus has this kind of cost efficiency.

What does this jewish vase do?

ancestrallrecall.jpg

>The key word "Draw" has no definition in the rulebook
Nice game koMONEY shits

It makes you draw 2 cards

>Elegant
What? Meannig straightforwad but effective?
That's hardly praiseworthy. I can come up with a spellcard that trumps that right now.
"Declaration of Victor"
>When you play this card, you immediately win the game.

Greed is unironically a better designed card than the monstrosities that attempt to replace it. There is such a thing as too much balance.

..still costs one mana

>free card advantage
it's a hallmark of bad design because it's incorrect not to play as many as you can

Isn't bill older?

>..still costs one mana
>Not instant speed playing.
>Can only be played on your turn.

Sounds like a pretty heavy restriction to me.

You can't play the new cards you get until next turn, and spell cards are sent to the graveyard after getting used, meaning that you can only use it once

Can't you only play 1 trainer per turn?
Also strictly worse than Cheren and usually much worse than Professor Juniper.

But this is a good care.
If a good monster is in the graveyard, this card make he usable again

you used to be able to play as many trainers as you wanted in a turn.

I know the rules of the game. I also know how card advantage works, unlike you.

but what does that imply?

There's a subtype of Trainer cards called Supporters, which you can only use one of a turn. Or at least that's how it worked last time I played Pokemon.

Dunno, MtG has Murder as far as elegant cards go.

Basically Trainer cards now have three sub-categories, which are Items (you can play as many as you can), Supporter (one per turn), and Stadium (one per turn, can't play over the same one)

You draw two cards from your deck

But what are they this game is gay

>You can't play the new cards you get until next turn

Based on what?

It's a spell card

More like the shittiest. It's baffling how anybody could think that's a valid design, even a manga artist who made it up on the spot.

The MtG equivalent would be a Divination that costs zero with no drawbacks, and if that shit was printed it would be emergency banned in all formats before the set is even in the stores.

MtG has always been shit

The fanbase is a fucking freak show. The mental leaps they go through to justify the cards that have developed over the years but meanwhile defend cards like Pot of Greed staying banned. Hell the subreddit banned me for saying Maxx C was worse given what the game has become. I'm not a fucking card. They deserve a gun in their mouth for that alone. But the fact remains KONAMI DID END UP RESTRICTING MAXX C

They also invented Links, but that didn't slow down the game, just made it far clunkier and how do you go back from that? Konami always backs themselves into a corner having to change the entire layout of the field. Pendulum at least made a decent engine. But Links just downright made the game a shit-fest but did not stop the onslaught of good xyz decks. It's just such an imbalanced mess.

Not saying Magic is any better. And let's face it, you have to go out of your way to be as decrepit as the pedophiles over at wizards of the coast but come on... is the bar THAT low?

The only relatively balanced card game I've seen is Pokémon, and deck builders if you count those like Ascension or DC Universe.

That is far more than 3 words. Pot of Greed still has you beat.

>Hell the subreddit banned me
Stop browsing reddit

Nah, it was pretty good for a long while. Somewhere around Alara everything went to shit.

Wrong

Not an argument

I'm always right

All the problems with links, syhcros, pendulum (pre links) and XYZ decks, as well as many other archetypes, could so easily be fixed by fucking limiting the amount of special summons possible in one turn. You only get one normal/tribute summon, why not stop special summons at three or something?

yes, I know, but when Bill was printed none of those distinctions existed

>not realising why pot of greed exists

It's there to allow the duelists to pull more flashy moves during duels by not running out of cards

Lorwyn-Shadowmoor wasn't garbage, but the gameplay peaked at Time Spiral.

>the act of picking up cards and putting them in your hand requires an official, written term
Autism speaks.

There are literally 0 problems with Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum and Link summons. Also, why didn't you include Fusion?

This card is far from elegant. It's ugly as all hell.

It's actually fucking retarded. Like, it's clearly a mistake. It doesn't do anything interesting to a deck except reside it's size and increase your hand size. It's a non-card, it's like this weird way of changing the rules of the game to allow to to build more powerful, consistent decks.

Ick, why choose that card when there's lightning bolt and counterspell?

Murder is way more elegant than both of those.

Lol, gg.

Well, Bolt doesn't do much to toughness 4+ and Counterspell demands you have the card in hand and mana untapped at the precise moment the creature is cast, which isn't always convenient to ensure.

Are we posting webms?

>gitaxian probe you
>ancient tomb
>lotus petal
>show and tell
>omniscience
>enter the infinite
>g2?

Why isn't there a cardgame that revolves around discarding cards from your hand, shuffling that hand into you deck, then drawing a new hand?

Do you draw pictures of the cards from your deck?