AskUrza.com is live. Anybody gotten anything particularly interesting?

AskUrza.com is live. Anybody gotten anything particularly interesting?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/V8uH2WB.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forget it. /pol/ and the SJW nonsense has killed magic on Veeky Forums just like you hoped.

>-6
>Flip 5 coins. Take an extra turn after this one for each Heads that comes up.

I mean, it's "just" a random pull from all printed PW +/-/ultimate abilities, right?

Go back to /pol/. SJW didn't kill mtg yet, but trolls like you are helping them doing so. Jeremy got a lifetime ban because he's been a douchebag all along. The professor is manipulating bitch that exploits the Shoah for youtube drama. Boogie is a shitty friend. We just want to play the game.

This is the official random table of Urza PW i.imgur.com/V8uH2WB.jpg (3026x4223)

I think there's more than just that, but it is a substantial chunk of it.

Ah, neat!

you fucking retard, read what he said again.

I played with it a bit and from what I can tell, +1 gives you a random + effect from any Planeswalker, -1 gives you a random 0 or non-ult - effect from any Planeswalker, and -6 gives you a random ult.
Interestingly enough, I managed to hit all three abilities of Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker fairly quickly. Also, one of the -1 effects creates a gold Dragon token and I thought that was odd.

This.

Fuck donald DRUMPF and fuck wypypo.

>Also, one of the -1 effects creates a gold Dragon token and I thought that was odd.
That's an ability of Dungeon Master, a special Hasbro tie-in card that was packaged with Grimlock the Transformer and Nerf cards.

That's ral zarek's.
It was okay in the set, but with the amount of coinflip modifiers in unstable it can really help you out in a pinch.

Dungeon Master wasn't given with the Hascon promos (Sword of D&D was)
It was a gift to the D&D team and thus is exceedingly rare. There's one for the Duel Masters team (some Duel Masters card magicified or something) and the people who do the side products for Magic (a Chandra that makes Gremlins)

All the abilities seem extremely strong, even though they're hindered by the fact that you don't get to see them before you activate them. I'd maybe put this in my cube if it didn't have an annoying reliance on a website.

Actually there aren't any coinflip modifiers in Unstable. There are number word modifiers on a couple cards

Wow it's fucking unreadable.

>i.imgur.com/V8uH2WB.jpg
not if you actually open the image

>literally just copy pasted 20 planeswalker abilities and called it a day

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

This.

What a fucking letdown.

But user, there are 60 abilities possible.

>Jeremy got a lifetime ban because he's been a douchebag all along.
tfw banned for pepe the frog memes ;_;

user here. I watched again his videos. He's annoying, but WotC shouldn't have banned him at all.

>tfw banned for slutshaming and calling people whores on WotC dime
Uh, no. Fuck off.

You're the one who has to read between the lines.

is a double fakie.

You know I'm right.

>go on mtg thread
>people bitching about /pol/ and sjw in magic
>tfw the people bitching all the time are more annoying than /pol/tards and sjw's

>implying slutshaming isn't legit

Agreed. Hes a douche and I don't like him, but he really didn't do anything as bad as the ass crack dude.

.>slutshaming
Go back to /co/

/co/ here, we don't want him.

This is obviously evidence of a board spanning secret /co/ raid on Veeky Forums to prevent us from ever talking about magic again.

Someone screencap this and bring it up anytime someone criticizes WotC.

Hi /pol/

Pretty sure you're a false flagging asshole too but I can't tell

nice one, moron

Since I saw someone else make this mistake in another thread (maybe you?) I’ll give you some help.

>fuck Trump and fuck white people
Posts are a /pol/ shitposting joke but they aren’t false flagging. That would imply they’re trying to pass their post off as an opponent’s. It’s blatant satire, not false flagging as it’s intentionally over the top.

You can never tell with /pol/ though

They're all so autistic and comedy inept that I don't think that they're capable of anything but the most basic form of sarcasm

Is it just me or is this set just not as fun as past un sets?

This set wasn't built as UN-set 3, it was built as Future Sight 2

>You can never tell with /pol/ though
You clearly can. I’m not defending offtopic /pol/ posting but it was obviously a joke. You’re as autistic as they are if it’s hard for you to see that.

It's nuMagic, of course it's not fun. This is more of a dumping ground for mechanics that would be too fun for their vision of "real" Magic (despite being perfectly black border functional) with a few halfassed "silly" things like glasseswalk thrown in to justify the Un- label, and all deep-fried in a Reddit-friendly layer of SCIENCE xD flavor in order to drown out the fact that unlike past sets, nobody would want to play Un-cards that reference modern Magic fluff.

>hey guys remember that steamboss gag?
>let’s devote a chunk of the next un set to it!

What happened to all the creative people at wizards?

Community input used to be through an official MtG forum, as well as more open relations between WotC and LGSes. Now, community input is through Tumblr, Twitter, and the Magic subreddit, all of which have systems in place to limit criticism and development of new ideas. On top of this, the rise of Hearthstone shook MtG from its previously-uncontested pedestal as most popular Western TCG, so they probably feel they need to adjust the game to cash in on the Hearthstone crowd. This lapse in MtG's dominance has allowed other TCGs beyond the big 3 to take root, and pushed WotC into a position where the only way they can guarantee staying in their position is by making the safest moves possible.

Go away /pol/

>It’s an SJW blames /pol/ for everything and doesn’t realize he’s exactly the same amount of cancer—just the opposite side of the coin episode
*change*

What on earth was /pol/ about that? Is this ironic?

In what way are they an SJW?

Hating /pol/ does not make one an SJW

It was written like a /pol/ post

If you said “SJW” or “/pol/“ ITT, you’re part of the problem.

Get on topic of MtG or GTFO. I don’t care if you’re the most racist right winger or the most bleeding pussy left winger. Get the fuck out.

Political posters need to start getting banned.

This

>It was written like a /pol/ post
Man, how? It was entirely gameplay and design criticisms. I'm a salty disenfranchised Vorthos, not some stealth Stormfront reject.

Kek!

Stop falseflagging. Talk MtG. There is no culture war on Veeky Forums

Maybe a LITTLE need for culture war.

Fuck those degenerate Skubfags

Maybe that’s it. I don’t know. I just know I’m really disappointed in this set. There are a few interesting cards but in the whole crank is lame and the split creatures are ultra lame.

Is it there’s nothing edgy to the comedy anymore? We used to have cards like ladies knight and the ass cards and red hot hottie. Now we don’t.

I love this unset. Feels like they really tried to make it fun to play and not just to read the cards. Contraptions are great. Plenty of cards that can be used in "regular" Magic too.

>make a mtg thread
>get bombed by political fights, gamergate fights, a hundred fucking irrelevant things
>just want to talk about a children's card game

I can't believe one controversy about a woman stealing money and ruining lives can derail a thread this hard.

This. I've played the previous unsets but this is the best.

It's more fun and much more dynamic. The draft is well designed.

too bad. every thread on every board must now be infested with alt-rightVothers fighting. They will not shut up. they will not go away. no exceptions.
expect them.

His -6 abilities are mostly(or all?) random planeswalker ultis. You can exile a player's entire library out of nowhere with this guy.

grow up

wotc has politicized the game
not everyone is going to abide idly by

If that’s what you guys like okay. I thought unstable was awful especially how it pushes the lame watermark tribes.

Between Unstable's, "This isn't Magic! It's cocaine!" and Unhinged's, "This is CUHRAZY Magic!", I think Unstable did a perfectly fine job bridging the Un-sets and modern sensibilities sets. I can see a good handful of cards and mechanics workiing well, although a lot of diceroll cards seem a bit on the stronger side of things. All in all though, I fucking love it. Everyone in the draft today looked at me like an idiot for waltzing in with a giant hat, sunglasses and a lab coat and I enjoyed every goddamn minute of it.

I just hope my friends decide to continue ducking around with the cards and don't go back to being tryhards.

>Unglued

Meant to say that in the first line. My brain is borked.

>a perfectly fine job bridging the Un-sets and modern sensibilities sets.
Yeah, that's my issue with it.

Did you want it to be more off the wall, user?

I would have loved to see it more off the wall, rather than, "modern cards with a wacky twist!", but I feel like it was much better for the masses. I feel like I might actually have a chance at playing an un-deck with my friends in multiplayer without them just losing interest, versus when I would try to play with a severely toned-down Unglued/Unhinged deck before.

>I feel like it was much better for the masses
Frankly, fuck the masses. It's a specialty product, not a main-line set for everyone. It's like Conspiracy: it should be made for a specific audience.

Specific audiences isn't really what wizards can do. The only way Maro managed to convince them to print it in the first place was that it would sell lots this time.

Then fuck off to some other "forum", Veeky Forums is for people to get angry at actually-important things, like skub or having shitty taste in anime.

What would I need to print this?

Then why the fuck did they bring back eldrazi then and ruin fucking standard with the god awful powercruve.

Don't ask me, man.

>Insulting /pol/ is now instantly shit on
Good. Good. Soon nobody will be able to insult us anywhere without people telling them to shut up. As if we weren't powerful enough already.

This is just old walkers / effects mashed into one. Not particularly interesting imo
>we

/pol/ destroyed this board without making a single post here. Impressive.

>Oh shit my bait thread is slowing down, better bump it with an irrelevant comment to incite bitching

>Everyone in the draft today looked at me like an idiot for waltzing in with a giant hat, sunglasses and a lab coat and I enjoyed every goddamn minute of it.
im drafting today and i jsut realized i should dress up for it. thanks user.