It’s great to see how many people are genuinely excited about seeing board games in a public library setting

>It’s great to see how many people are genuinely excited about seeing board games in a public library setting.

stuffylibrary.com/2017/12/07/7-steps-to-tell-your-public-library-they-need-a-board-game-collection/

This is not ok

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.se/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.svd.se/borgarradet-krav-pa-tysta-bibliotek-framlingsfientliga&edit-text=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>games where people laugh and talk very loud
>library
Gee, that sounds like it would last long

Presumably they're renting the games and letting people take them home.

While it's not a terrible idea, my only concern would be how the hell you'd make sure the games stayed complete. It's easy enough to lose components with games you own, let alone ones people are expected to rent. I suppose you could check the games every time, but with a complex game it'd be very easy to miss a single lost component, and hard to tell who'd actually lost it when it was finally discovered.

>Bully/seduce the librarian into starting a board game collection
>She gets fired for misallocations of funds

How would you fix this?

Also, who the fuck is so poor that they have to rent board games?

That kind of comment just makes you seem like kind of a cunt. Big, complex board games you might only play once a year make perfect sense to rent out, as does smaller family games for people without much money, storage space or regular opportunities to play. As a concept it's perfectly reasonable, it's just the practical side that concerns me.

>Trying to read Schopenhauer
>One of the obstacle course participants runs headlong into you

How many times must this happen before we start asking the hard questions?

If you have to ask that question you honestly have no business sense and should continue throwing your paychecks at MTG singles

>Bully/seduce the person who fired her
>Librarian gets rehired
>Go for a menage-a-trois in the library forbidden tomes section

board games these days have so many bits that if you rented them youd have no way of knowing if it was missing components

Libraries over here rent board games, and it works perfectly fine. Worrying about missing pieces is like worrying returned books missing some pages, completely unwarranted since someone checks that the games are returned in order.

Consider asking the Library security guard to move the machine gun nests to watch the obstacle course.

> quietly working on my thesis
> the library hotdog salesman comes by
>try to ignore him
>" GETCHA YOUR DOGS, HOT AND FRESH"
>large queue forms and he sets up next to me for an hour
>people sit down next to me to eat
> by the time he leaves the table covered in trash and mustard
>stench of hotdogs and mustard
> end up going to the library bar and start talking to qt there
>things are going well, getting a bit flirty
> go to bathroom
> hotdog seller is there sitting next to qt and flirting with her
> " ey you look like you could eat a big sausage"
> she giggles and they go off to the classics section to fuck
> down drink and head home
>on the way out librarian tells me i have $23 in late fees

fucking libraries

My local library has had a boardgame collection for the five years I've been here. You borrow the games, but don't leave the library with them. There's a cafe area where people play.

>go into library
>reading my harry potter in peace, counting how many times he "stretched his legs"
>suddenly a man emerges from the deep stacks
>do you catan?

Imagine being a librarian today. IMAGINE!

>In recent months, so-called "drug tourists" -- people who travel from as far as Detroit and Wisconsin seeking heroin -- started showing up in Kensington, which boasts perhaps the purest heroin on the East Coast, library staff and authorities said.

>Heroin users camped out in McPherson Square Park and shot up in the library's bathroom, where nearly a half-dozen people overdosed over the past 18 months, said branch manager and children's librarian Judith Moore.

>I replied "No!"

Long as there's a specific room so it doesn't disrupt people's reading that's fine.

My library has started a no singles policy. Which makes no sense to me, I mean, chads are like the 15 of the userbase.

So is this what the libraries have degenerated in the new world?

Used to work as a librarian. We had people come in for game nights and other things (study groups, meetings, etc.). We had a few small rooms we'd rent out to groups like that. No charge or anything, just gotta book the room and have a library card. The rooms were sound proofed and worked pretty well. We didn't rent out board games, but we had some rpg manuals and supplements in our collection for the local gamers. It was pretty nice.

>go to library
>become racist

translate.google.se/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.svd.se/borgarradet-krav-pa-tysta-bibliotek-framlingsfientliga&edit-text=

this user was playing 5d chess while we were playing checkers...

I work in a library. People will just steal the pieces.Or unattended kids will eat them or something.

My public library has a lot of small group study rooms with projector and stuff. And I don’t think this is uncommon