Disturbing monsters and creepy situations

The kind of creatures or situations so horrific that even the most experienced adventurer would shit himself on the simple idea of facing them.

I don't know why but this one utterly terrifies me

This one's creepy as hell

LESHENNNN

Looks like those mosquito things in darkest dungeon

Excuse me, I live in S. Carolina and what the fuck is this?

Your pride.

Forgot pic

Fungus

Naw, frick that poop.

Wtf is that?

A parasite that infests people's eyes and ears to change what they see and hear into something beneficial for the parasite, making even unarmed peasants fight to the death to protect monsters that they think are their children and such. Not even mind control, but completely regular humans who're misled.

I prefer a little body horror with my fantastical parasites

But when you kill a distorted former human, you're not really killing the human they were. But when they're merely misled humans, then there's nothing fake about their emotional or physical suffering, they're merely victims, although victims that unknowingly may work for evil causes.

Movie is Lord of Tears for those interested. Has Candyman-tier quotable dialogue.

>change what they see and hear
>Not even mind control
Seems like a technicality

Nothing. If there was such a thing, it would have been weaponized by now.

It's all the difference between a puppet's tears and a person's tears.

In wild places the cold is a foe more terrible than any beast

Seems like you are assuming mind control is like brain death and not the victim having to experience everything they do. I am not sure you can categorically say "false experiences based on sensory manipulation" is worse that "real experience based on forced behavior."

Even if they experience what they do, can they still express it in a way that's obvious to the players, through for example crying, heartfelt pleading, and such? I'm not so much talking about the moral implications as the psychological difficulty of hurting them as a character and player.

I really liked some of the designs in Claymore.

Is that a giant robot peanut man?

This looks really inspired by Bloodborne because that monster getting up is straight out of the DLC

What kind of monster is that?

Call it what you will, that's a Strogg.

What's wrong with Highway Helper?

Pretty Sure Phyrexians came first.

>be grave robber
>run into this while in a crypt

>treasure AND a uaifoo
what's the problem exactly?

>unzips

>insert joke about user's less-than-common interactions with women

I swear you soulsborne fags are the worst fandom out there.

Here have tacky monster I drew in mspaint.

The most dangerous monster of all: man.

Have some nightmare fodder from Innominedraconis

More innominedraconis

I love quake

The whole mutant cast of Lisa is fucked up.

High resolution version.

Have fun getting devoured while the thing screams for help with your daughter's voice.

Why are you posting image of your mother?

Wasn't this a creature from a shitty silent hill comic?

Nothing in particular really, just some cool art off a Magic the Gathering Card.

Honestly, what I personally find creepy (and a lot of other people, from what I've noticed) is the unknown. Unknown monsters with unknown motives, and no clear way of destroying the entity.

When you have a clear plan to defeat it, or a certain way to evade it, its a lot less intimidating. Its hard to apply this to a TTRPG, because you also want to give your players a clear chance of victory, and this generally (but not always) implies a means of killing/destroying the entity.

So, if you're trying to put it in a TTRPG, the less knowledge you give the players, the better.

Always loved this pic. It doesn't look like a master/slave relationship to me. It looks like technologically advanced beings interacting with less sophisticated ones who have deified the advanced people's in their minds, and the advanced beings are like, "Sweetheart, please, We keep telling you that We're NOT gods. Not even close. Please, both of you, get up. And, put some pants on, Clara."

Themselves, yourself.

>When you have a clear plan to defeat it, or a certain way to evade it, its a lot less intimidating. Its hard to apply this to a TTRPG, because you also want to give your players a clear chance of victory, and this generally (but not always) implies a means of killing/destroying the entity.
Sounds a lot like Lovecraft-style Cosmic horror. If so, set it up that the mission is to stave off this unkillable, unknown horror for a long enough amount of time to a human that the players have some sense of victory, but that in the long run of the world, it can't be stopped.

Little one, little one,
why do you run?
Ol' hundred hands just wants to have fun

He'll tell you a tale!
Or play a new game!
But whatever he chooses, you won't be the same.

Will he take a finger,
for every time you lied?
Will he read you a story
about every time you could have died?

Little one, little one,
don't make a peep,
close your eyes and hope
Hundred-Hands goes back to sleep.

>We keep telling you that We're NOT gods.
"tis but a test of our faith, sister clara!"

"...where are you pants?"

:D

souse is headcheese all the pieces no one worth a damn would eat. It is made from the stuff you cant even put in hotdogs and bologna.

I wanna have sex with that.

One of the cordyceps that hijacks ants to spread it's spores doesn't actually infect the brain at all, it hijacks part of the nervous system and musculature and just drives the ant around, fully aware(insomuch as an ant can be aware) that it isn't controlling it's body.

Head cheese is good though. I’ve never bought prepackaged, but I’ve had home made. It’s just tongue, heart, and other trimmings. It’s the original big mac beef

I heard the manga ends even worse than the anime on a? Is this true?

>Against the Frost Giant Jarl of Winnipeg

Some general guidelines for disturbing monsters
>Blood and gore are worthless in today's saturated market
>the surreal and uncanny generally trump "horrific"
>alien is good but beware a single human element. Having a fairly normal face can undermine your eldritch god
>the unknown remains the most frightening

Did you write this?

This one really gives me the willies because it's just wrong enough. Something like pic related is twisted and creepy to such an amount that it is almost comedic in a fucked up kinda way.

Americans, the most terrifying creatures to arise from the abyss.

Of everything Lovecraft wrote about, Ghouls always spooked me the most.

Then go back to watching steven universe

Maybe not disturbing but this nigga looks stylin' as fuck and I'd guess based on design it's gotta be at least CR 30.
I usually don't care for overdesigned weeb shit but this has a good blend of complex/sleek.

Possibly, but that artpiece didn't and is obviously Strogg-inspired.

Too long arms easily create a feeling of discomfort and unreal.

Even with all the truly broken powers out there, I still think Crawler is terrifying.

Alright Guys this stuff is my shit so I got a bunch hidden somewhere on my computer, I'll post a fuck tonne of stuff but I'm looking for something in particular. A series of comic style drawings about a girl and a monster obsessed with hats if that rings any bells please post it up.

>Too long arms
You kiss your mother with that grammar?