Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Special:RequestAccount
cubicle7.co.uk/dom-talks-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-to-tabletop-gaming-magazine/
scontent.fmad3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/24883317_1437505812984847_9059397386920178530_o.jpg?oh=a2d581066c7d855a75cad0e77e1500f4&oe=5A972DC8
youtube.com/watch?v=7Uid93jUrf0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Spinal_Tap
youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA&t=1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CUTE

So hows the meta now.

We at the fantasy lexi could always use more help in getting everything up to date with all of Age of Sigmar lord.

Join us in the following link and contribute today.

whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Special:RequestAccount

You can ignore any request for your Real Name or your CV.

Battletome armies (and tomb kings) reign supreme

Top 3 battletome armies are stormcast, seraphon, and tzeentch

Murky and ever evolving.

Are Wrathmongers good because they look really cool.

Are Flesh Eater Courts... Bretonnians?

Yeah they're alright

They're typically former vampire noblemen who have gone completely mad but they could easily be Mousillons or their descendants.

I wanna buy that Ork ornament

Its literally just an ork with a ring glued to its head and painted gold

$30 please

It's an ork from the nob kit, but I did glue on its back a bag full of junk, and sculpted a little santa hat on top.

For both minis I base coated in retributor armor, washed with agrax earthshade, drybrushed with auric armor gold. Then gave it all a thick coat of gloss varnish. I pinned in a loop on top that I made from paperclip.

They're really easy to make.

cubicle7.co.uk/dom-talks-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-to-tabletop-gaming-magazine/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK And I'm out of cash this week to buy the god-damn magazine!

How much longer until non-battletome armies are squated?

I really like that Sentence. It really defines what Age of Sigmar is all about.

"Age of Sigmar is awesome in scope, limitless in potential and definitely turned up to 11."

>How much longer until non-battletome armies are squated?
well they are still milking them for money, actively selling them on their web-store. So I'd say you've got at least a while to wait.

I think the mortal realms has a lot of potential as a setting once you give it a fair shake and don't just view it as a replacement for the old world, which understandably is hard to do for most people.

They essentially are on the same level as TKs and Bretonnians now, if not actually worse in game.

Do they have a way of ordering an epub or pdf of that issue? I can't seem to find it other than doing a year long subscription and using their app, which I do not want to do.

I am willing to throw them some money, I just want this issue though.

scontent.fmad3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/24883317_1437505812984847_9059397386920178530_o.jpg?oh=a2d581066c7d855a75cad0e77e1500f4&oe=5A972DC8
Found a more legible version of it.

oh joy i hate fucking meta in most of the games

You should listen to what GW said about non-tome armies...

How about compared to skullreapers? They come in the same kit and i am trying to decide which one to build.

Why? What did they say? And back it up with sources, please.

You know exactly what they said. Your bait was weak.

I'm actually not him. I don't think the legacy armies will go, and I don't want them to go, but you implied you knew something that I didn't. I want to see it too.

How many people do you think lost armies in the Californian fire?

They said that armies with army traits, relics and traits in GHB2017 are armies that are not going to be updated for a significant amount of time.

AKA never, they're squatted.

I think the guy who burnt his Dark Elves lost his SCE in that one.

So you're claiming the factions that did not get something in the ghb2017 will not be squatted? So all those minor factions, like shadowblades and white lions will be getting battletomes? Are you serious?

I'm guessing yeah eventually everything will be getting something. There's no reason to split the factions, single some out for updates and leaving the others to die. I believe there is much more to come.

I'm betting on some more Death and Destruction tomes. The fact that Deadwalkers could potentially become their own army has me a little excited. I mean, come on, what's wrong with the hordes of the walking dead?
youtube.com/watch?v=7Uid93jUrf0

No, aelves are turbo squatted and their few allegiance abilities are supposed to be it for them with the other mini-factions being primarily ally only. Same with devoted of Sigmar and Ironweld.

The rumor was specifically for major factions like Nurgle that did not get an update in GHB2017 and since Nurgle is getting their battletome in February the rumors seem to be true so far.

Is Dispossessed kill?

No. Ignore the doomsayers.

don't worry about it. someday there will be new aelves for you to hate

Any fairly recent plastic kit (5-ish years old) is probably pretty safe, if they're still in production and not finecast its probably not going away.

If you like dispossessed as they are now with GHB2017, that's how they're going to be for a long time. Whether that's okay or not with you is your decision. I wouldn't expect a Bretonnia squatting though.

I'm sure whatever aelf factions come out will be as different from their WHFB counterparts as fyreslayers and Kharadrons are to dispossessed. Expect to ally in your Darkshards and nothing else.

>Stormcast
>Christmas instead of Hanukkah

>this triggers the shitposter

Dearest fagget,
Many novels and battletomes use art from armies such as brayherds, devoted of sigmar (pic related) and slaanesh.
They wouldnt include them in the other books if they were squatting any of them.

t. gofuckyourself

>that pic
damn that's nice work there.

>the old elves aren't going to be part of the new elf army

literally couldn't care less. I want an entire new line of models. itll probably look like this

Yeah, they should keep doing that style of art, keep that artist. not the baby shit mspaint bucketfilled garbage.

Fyreslayers seems to dominate right now.

Just picked up the KO Christmas box. Pic related is everything I currently own. What could I easily add and remove from this to make it a semi-competitive 1000 pt list for playing with friends.

I'm thinking of ditching the gunhauler and picking up a second khemist. (Although I think the khemist model looks like ass). I'd really like to add an endrinmaster, but I heard they suck?

I miss the Soycast "Shit" Poster.

Anyone have Overlords of the Iron Dragon?.
I have been digging for it but cant find it.

Those mutants look neat

They're some Blanchitsu stuff I found for my inspo folder. Have a lot of potential for Empire Backwooders or various mutants.

Right now I'm converting some Poxwalkers into Nurgle Themed Marauders. I'm rather excited about the process.

Looking into jumping right in, but was wondering if there's any reason to pick up the starter set?

I only kinda want to play Khorne Bloodbound and I hear there are exclusive models in the starter set--are they worth it?

Also I'm not so sure what army I want to start and need a bit of advice.
I was leaning toward Kharadron Overlords, but hear they require a bit of finesse--still considering it though. I also conisdered Brayherd, but was told they're swarmy and pretty trash. My third and final consideration was using whatever faction Throgg is apart of (I'm guessing Chaos since he's branded with undivided). Only considering him because I really like the model and managed to snag one for $20 at my FLGS and I've been holding onto it for like a year or so.

If this helps; I've never played fantasy, but I did play 40k and I was partial to running Black Templars (foot slogging swarm or fast attack--scouts and land speeders). Which army closely resembles those qualities?

Any sort of guidance would be great.

Is there a way to make mixed Goblins work as a fun, decent to good army or am I better off specializing into one flavor or another?

Same dude did the firestorm city art.

Throgg is kill, by this point. Of the options Bloodbound is probably the best - it'll take some time to get used to all the synergy required with them, but the Starter set is a good deal, especially if you sell off the Stormcast or go half-and-half with someone on it.

Soon

Sup Anons, I'm looking to get into your dank hobby and would like someone to spoon feed me because google isn't dumbing things down enough for my retard brain

How do I begin? What refrences can teach me to play?

The army I want to make is the Skeleton Horde because I'm an edgy faggot. Any tips to make the best army I can with these anorexic looking mofos?

I dont need painting tips though. Ive been painting d&d figs for a long time.

Spoon feed me.

I play mixed gobbos and have been surprisingly effective.

Play smartly and avoid fighting fairly. It's a fun army.

YouTube is a good reference for how to play videos, but the best teacher is getting a demo from a current AoS player. The game is actually pretty simple. The complexities lie in the rules that come up as the different units rules interacf with each other. It's one of those "easy to learn, hard to master" things.

Skeleton hordes is cool and challenging, but you have to be prepared to be playing a horde army, and you will only play effectively if you spam those skeletons. Lots and lots of skellies. Then of course backed by a dragon and other big bads.

Now keep in mind, wargame painting is different from d&d painting because you just have to paint lots more dudes, so there's things like batch painting to get you a good handle on the process.

try to be a less obvious shill

Is anyone here or have you all died?

I'm always here, but 40k is shitpost central

I think he's the same guy who did the cities of Order in firestorm.

Try to be a less obvious faggot.

You did this to yourself user.
>SHITPOST MODE ACTIVATED

So I'm reading through Warbeast right now. I like the writing a lot so far. I'm only a few chapters in, but I learned a couple interesting things about the stormcast Eternals

>One lord-celestant was first taken to Azyr after he has won a decisive victory against chaos. They were celebrating the end of their war, and he was about to address his people, when Sigmar took him up. It could be that sigmar knew the victory was going to be short lived, and knew the coming battles would be terrible, and he needed this guy for his armies in the future. One could question the morality easily of the move. It's interesting. This questionable taking could come up later. I hope it addresses it with his character
>This same lord-celestant got caught in a rockslide and several of his host died from it. One judicator lost his arm and was severely crippled. Knowing he was essentially going to be a useless burden for the host, he asked his lord to end his life so he can be reforged anew. They commit triage sometimes when necessary. The Lord stabs him and kills him, it is considered an honorable move. The soul of course rises to Azyr
>A squad of paladins lose their prime. The Lord-celestant immediately appoints a new prime for them. They do field-promotions

I like this because within 1 chapter I learned a lot about how they work without any long exposition.

He's right, you know.

Shit, was meant for

It's fluff like this that makes me love the Stormcast, but it's the way GW constantly pushes them on people that makes me hate the Stormkikes.

I definitely agree. I really do like them, but I raged when they teased the new SCE model for this month. I made similar comments in the survey.

They are a really neat army and have a lot of potential though. They even addressed that while there is a toll with losing your life in battle, the even greater toll is losing the battle. Many forget that while they may seem immortal, losing is severe because it can mean losing a realmgate, a city of Innocents, a valuable relic, or even vital territory.

Sigmar is known to be a bit of a douchebag on these things once you come down to it.

Errak from Doombound was a commander of a city's defenses and with his presence the lines held and maintained. Once Sigmar snuffed him into Azyr, notes his brother (now a bloodwarrior), things went down the shitter.

It definitely makes it interesting when a benevolent God isn't always so benevolent. I mean, before he was a god, he was a barbarian king

From a GM perspective, there's a lot more to play with than the Old World.

Of course this is not to say all the takings are similarly morally ambiguous. Most of them are things like just before the enemy delivers the killing blow, or the guy prays to sigmar for a second chance at fighting chaos more effectively.

But often their status before The taking helps determine it after. If you were a brave foot soldier before, you're a liberator after. A general before, a lord-celestant after.

Even before reading further into this stuff, I imagine how it must be for a stormcast to be marching through old ruins, when you remember them being full of life and your home. The emotion you must feel, the anger for vengeance, the sadness of loss.

this is neat. I find it pretty interesting that Sigmar really is a Kratos forced into the role of Zeus, and you get all these clues that the role is ill-fitting.

That's a good way of describing it.

He took the role of kratos for a while, but that lost him the ghal maraz and the initial chaos war. Now he's taking the role of Zeus, and it seems to be working, but he's still kratos at heart

>The emotion you must feel, the anger for vengeance, the sadness of loss.
If all you do if fight 24/7 I doubt you'd even recognize the place.

So who is the Celestant Prime?

Perhaps after several times you wouldn't, but if you were first reforged, the memories would still be fresh.

The main character in this book, Warbeast, got taken up during a battle in defense of his fortress. His first stormstrike was to that fortress and he views it with a different purpose and perspective, but it's no less impactful to him. He recollects on the exact spot he was to die before the Azyr lightning strikes him

karl franz according to warhammer tv casual commentary both old and new, but it's sort of a half-serious running mystery.

We don't know the details. We only know he was a great king of a great kingdom in one of the mortal realms, and was the first to be taken and reforged. So it's not Karl franz

So wait, it's Franz and it's not?

Isn't Franz Sigmar now?

I feel like my post was pretty clear about the nuance. read up on a wiki for sigmar's origins it's pretty cool.

>Throgg is kill
... What? His model is aesthetically up to date and he's out just like that?

He has stats and he's been relisted as Troggoth King, but there doesn't appear to be any points for him.

Is there a remote possibility of Throgg or Troggoth King getting some kind of update?

I'm pretty upset

As for the starter set, is there any reason to not also pick up Thunder & Blood or Storm of Sigmar in addition to the starter set? There doesn't appear to be any unique models to either of those additions as far as I can tell.

Also, from what I've read the armies around roughly 700pts (SCE) and 500pts (KBB). Any suggestions for bumping both those to 1000pts?

Last rumor I heard was that the mold broke or was damaged

The mold was made from a cheaper material in hopes of saving money. The material did not withstand usage to the same degree that the previous ones had and degraded in quality quickly. The mold didn't break, per-say, but the miniatures produced had noticeably less detail the more it was used

buy a fuck load a skeletons, like 60 or something, then get yourself some wight kings and ally in a necromancer or 2.

Blamo, now your horde of skellingtons can take down Bloodthirsters and anything else you can throw them at.

what turned up to 11 means?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Spinal_Tap

turned up to 11 is an expression that basically means going to the extreme and then some beyond.

Here's my in process Deathrattle army alongside a graveyard I made as scenography

What do you think?

Forgot to say those skeletons are the very first models I painted 10 years ago or so, and just now I felt like adding some knights and the wight king, and, in general, doing something with them

2spoopy4me.

They look quite good user, though you need to work out your photographic skillset.

would play against/10

youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA&t=1s

What's a good theme for a Brayherds army? If there is one it would be awesome if it were on spoitify as I am working on my warhammer AoS playlist for me and my friend

Cancelled in its prime...

>Implying satanic forest-dwelling women-raping goatmen need more theme.

I want a book about fuckin logistics in AoS. I want to read about free cities agriculture or where Skaven get the food for their armies or how the Spiderfang-Arachnarok symbiosis works.
Imagine a book about immeasurable herds of fat pig-rats designed by Clan Moulderâ„¢ as a main source of meat for Skaven. Or about villages and cities turned into feeding camps and nests of arachnarok queens.
GW could name it as "The rt of war in Age of Sigmar" or something like that and the first page would be a Free Peoples mercenary conscription contract

I like your banner, and using red as a unifying colour on your models.

Shadows over hammerhal deals on this.