Elder Waifu Highlander Edition

Elder Waifu Highlander Edition

Previous: →

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Has high res images of cards

scryfall.com

>Thread Question
What’s your favorite way to cheat in creatures? Reanimation, freecasting?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-foot-in-the-grave-one-foot-in-your-face/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-rakdos-tax-collector/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Thread question
Reanimation. Dumping my hand into my graveyard and bringing it back gives me a stiffy.

Rigor Mortis will do that to you.

Reanimation. It's a shame that I fold so hard to graveyard hate though.

Through stuff like Birthing Pod, I love cards like it. It's interesting.

>Reanimation
Resolving a Living Death is one of the BEST feelings

>What’s your favorite way to cheat in creatures? Reanimation, freecasting?
By copying or stealing them.

>What's your favorite way to cheat in creatures?
"Temporary" reanimation + flicker/phasing

Convoke is my favorite
red green gobbo convoke

Glissa seems like she'd have a lot of combo potential, but there's not a huge amount really. Anyone have any interesting ideas? Right now I'm looking at Mindlsaver+Forbidden Orchard lock, Grave Pact effects+Walking Ballista creatures for removal, some creatures like Sly Requisitioner and Marionette Master to feed into recurrence chains, and then some misc stuff like Gearhulks, Wurmcoil, and Psychosis Crawler.
Things like Paradox Engine, Ashnod's Altar, Spine of Ish Sah and Green/Black removal/control would be a given, but I'd really like to squeeze the absolute most out of Glissa herself. I'm not looking to be absurdly competitive, but I do want to be synergistic and functional w a commander not many people seem to use.

>What's your favorite way to cheat in creatures?
Honestly it's every way I do it in my Mayael deck. Spells that put random creature cards from my library directly into play. Sure tooth and nail is fantastic but something like lurking predators or summoning trap are just really fun to me.

Stuff to force tokens into play under your opponents control like hunted troll or sylvan offering would combo well with it if you slotted in some stuff to give your opponents big negatives. add in cheaper artifacts and paradox engine for the real classic. Stuff like solemn simulacrum and the wellsprings work well with that too, you could basically run a really janky eggs deck if you wanted to really go off the deep end.

>cheat in creatures

One day, I may remember he has 3 abilities. One far off day..

I find it that glissa is better at giving value more than combo'ing, mostly because her trigger(opponent creature death) is usually costly and something you usually don't get for free.

Executioner's Capsule loops itself for 3 mana, destroying a non-black creature each time, and ratchet bomb is pretty decent for token clearing.

Things that give opponents creatures are ideal but I was worried about effects that were only 1 or 2 creatures just not being enough value, both of the things you've suggested work pretty great though. With enough ETB artifacts and sac outlets, running black sun's zenithy type effects could work pretty well, thanks.

Yeah I suppose that's a good point, like I mentioned anything that really maximizes her value/synergies is desirably, if I wanted to go pure gb combo there are obv better options. I'd like to do something less done though.

Don't forget to throw in revel in riches

everything is so fucking expensive and it pisses me off
rich people don't even have to pay for shit either
the deck is so fucking stacked, it's obscene

>revel in riches
Hey why not

I fucking love treasure tokens and a goofy as shit artifact token deck is my next buy

That's just how it go user. All you can do is build budget and slowly upgrade over time

I got this command in foil during draft (along with 12 full-arts). Probably goes in Narset, but are there any other places for it?

Whoops.

The listed median for foils is ~$30. Feels good.

My nigga
Living Death is the best

r8 me
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-foot-in-the-grave-one-foot-in-your-face/

What am I in for if I build dredge frog?

>Builds a $100 Arjun deck that consistently takes turn 6 wins and has a good suite of answers
You just gotta play right lad

10+ minute turns and the whole table hating you

You can absolutely ruin someone's day with a Mindslaver lock

Every time I see these posts I want to make dredge frog because I like 10 minute turns and people hating me

Can't you in a painfully long process go through basically your entire deck with gitrog monster on the cleanup step with a dakmor salvage? Basically
>8 cards, cleanup step
>discard dakmor
>gitrog triggers, dredge the dakmor, mill 2, dakmor back to hand
>discard the dakmor, dredge 2
>should hit a land on the dredge, draw another card
>just keep cycling though with dredging and drawing
>maybe a one-of titan to loop your graveyard to keep going until you have the perfect hand

Not so much cheating, but using Teferi, Leyline, or Orrery to sneak in creatures EoT for my main man here is the best feeling.

UNstable drafter reporting in. Shove extra artifact wipes in every single one of your decks for the next two months - Sultai Contraptions is a real deck and it does NOTHING but endlessly masturbate at the table.

>Thread question

This son of a bitch in ruric_thar_all_permanents.dec. Even better if you have Possibility Storm so removing it is a bitch and you're getting double triggers

Oh, you meant nuGlissa, not real Glissa.

Can't you just copy VCC with itself?

You choose targets before you move the spell to the stack, so no

But if I reverberate I can make infinite copies and mill everyone drawing their decks, right?

Yidris into Sunbird's Invocation, into Howl of The Horde + Turnabout and then Rude Awakening.

Then dump all fatties from hand and deck and take extra turn / combat

Don't you mean Vigor Mortis? It's joke

>Thread question
HYPERGENESIS FOOL

Wild Pair is always a fun one, cause it lets you combo ETB effects

>thread question
It's hard to choose JUST one, but I guess I'm gonna have to go with Selvala's Stampede. It's a lot more fun to watch unfold than Defense of the Heart or Tooth and Nail.

What does Skullbriar do for you in this deck?

>retooling Kruphix to be a hydra deck
>at FNM tonight, decide to crack a pack of unstable for the fun of it
>open Hydradoodle
Is it destiny, lads?

Post cards that have made people salty scoop. tales are encouraged.

>playing Krenko
>Memnarch player about to win
>pyroblast key card
>scoop
It was pretty great.

this and mana crypt

not really a story

>Playing versus I think Isperia, Kess and bruse/reyhan with my Llawan hackerman deck
>Drop pic related down, visible frustration across the table
>"at least he can't keep paying the cumulative upkeep"
>take and copy the Isperia player's sun titan

oh yeah you can each copy targeting the previous copy

you would have to cast another spell that the first VCC targets as a copy, making copies of a card doesn't change any 'modes" selected by it

Normally I just drop Ugin and -X and wipe the board. ONE time he stuck around afterwards and I got him up over 10 loyalty. I was going to ult him on my next turn and it was stolen away by a Silumgar. I've still never ulted Ugin.

I Mindslavered someone, then cast Swords on their general, and decided to leave it in exile. He wasn't even close to dying but he immediately scooped.

3 way between vampire pre-con (no changes), animar/eldrazi, and my ravinca lavinia of the tenth deck.

had pic related out and kept bounceing animar every time he got a counter on him because i know once he gets going he is going to drop all the eldrazi. He claims we are ganging up on him even though I've returned edger to the top of the oppoents deck like 4+ times with an isochron scepter + azourius charm. he scooped when I let his Sarkhan Unbroken die to edger saying i should have bounced him.

forgot pic

Yeah, real Glissa doesn't really appeal to me for EDH.

I dunno if Nu is the right way to refer to best Glissa

Yeah, the actual interesting one, not the fucking walking shatter.

i would be curious to see your decklist. i have a half baked kraj deck i need to tune up.

>What’s your favorite way to cheat in creatures? Reanimation, freecasting?
never should have unbanned this ugly thing

What is that?
is it your waifu?

it's protean hulk

Jesus Christ how terrifying

>Haven't played a non-blue deck in years
>Throw together a shitty Shattergang list with some of my spare cards
>Most fun I've had playing Magic in a while

>this one filthy rando neckbeard plays a simic deck
>wordly tutors a prophet of kruphix while it was still legal
>I casted pic related
>he scoops all of a sudden while muttering "This is not fun" repeatedly

Why are rando people in LGS's most of the time are either super tryhards or lacking social skills

People usually play randos at LGS's when they don't have friends in the area to play at the kitchen table - whether due to being new in the area, or being That Guy.

What's sad is, there were kids on that same LGS where adults are the loudest, smelliest and saltiest.

The kids on the other hand when we played magic, they were the most polite random people I played magic with.

Works really well in my counters deck.

Yeah, usually kids playing at an LGS want to just have fun and enjoy the game they like with more people. The older the patron, the more likely they'll feel entitled - feel like the LGS owes it to them to let them act however.

I seriously thank God that I can and just play EDH with my friends- we might get salty sometimes, but after the game, we're still friends, and its always a pleasant feeling playing with them.

>my kaervek deck is more competitive than my gitrog dredge deck
I thought they fixed tappedout why is saying this retarded shit?

That's never going to be accurate.

It will never not bother me though. Seriously look at this shit

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-rakdos-tax-collector/

What's your favorite aristocrats commander?

Veeky Forums ive always wanted to get into mtg but Ive never known how to get into it with a deck that wont be crushed endlessly by neckbeards at my flgs, im also scared that its pay to win? anyway how do I start?

Start playing with friends. If you play with people at the LGS at first, you'll likely hate the game. If you want to get into EDH/Commander, pick up a couple of the preconstructed commander decks with your friends. There are plenty of rules resources, and learn with each other as you play.

well my friends are all normies so uh ... uh

MtG is getting close to normie level. If they're not interested, though, try to make friends with some of the people at the LGS.

normies can like magic. rw for guys and gw for girls is the main normie trap. lcs can have nice people if you visit the good ones without salty tryhard spikes.

whats rw and gw? (all my normie friends are women)

>if you visit the good ones without salty tryhard spikes
Those exist?

Well the issue in my group is that any deck that is known for insta-win or infinite anything combos is immediately gangbanged from turn one once the group sees the trick happen once. This, I completely understand. I suppose the best way to get around this is to play a deck with good value, and B/G Glissa seems to be full of little tricks. Looks fun, and I should look into building it this weekend. Plus it will give me a use for my 5th Bayou, which is just in a binder on a shelf, gathering dust.

Red white and Green white

Acronyms for referring to pairs of colors of mana (the main way cards are divided)
RW = Red/White = primarily soldiers and lots of attacking
GW = Green/White = healing, getting more mana, elves and plants

RW and GW are colour combinations, i.e., red-white and green-white.
Most people refer to the colours in magic (which all have their own mechanical identities as:
W for White
U for blUe
B for Black
R for Red
and G for Green.

hats off to you, sir....that post made my day!

try to get at least one of them into goblins and post results. i want to see if there are normie girls who think goblins are at least uggo cute.

wait so if gw is the heal slut deck, you all think that we would like that? You really think that just because we're girls we like to be the healsluts? everyone knows the best healsluts are cute submissive feminine guys
What about two fun decks where I can play with my roommate, and we can swap out decks n shit? Is there a starter set that isn't full of garbage cards?
or should I literally just buy netrunner instead

I've found most girls who play Magic like GB the most. GB is, essentially, the necromancer deck. You dump your cards out of your deck, and then play a bunch of zombies and plant/fungus beasts.

If you're looking at commander, literally any of this year's decks are good. Markov is the best though since he can be made REALLY GOOD with basically no investment
As for the sterotype, It probably has more to do with the flavor of GW, though the few female players I've seen are universally simic (UG) players
I think netrunner is starting to flatline

can you just forget about girls for a second? Pretend you're recommending for a normal person who plays other tg stuff, what do I do? Buy 7 booster packs? Ebay a deck?

Pick up one of the commander precons, like said.

Just buy some Commander precons fampai. They're the only pre-constructed product worth a damn and they're a great entry point into Magic's greatest format, commander.
Soon you too can understand quality memes like pic related!

most new players go for gw or rw in general. they think lifegain is the shit when it only buys a turn or two. green goes tall while red goes wide. together people think its the best until they learn about combos

get FREE intro packs for new players at you Local Card Shop. one of each color, so they can play around and find what they like. take it to commander in steps.

my brothers. Living Death all time favorite magic card. Thinking about picking up the judge promo

athreos. lotta weenies, aristocrats and then demons for reanimation shenanigans.

There are, its just rare. Most goblins don't go for much of that vibe anymore though

>Athreos is down to ~$7
I might actually pick him up now, thanks for the idea, user!

Starter shit is shit unless you go for the Commander decks. Also no I don't fucking think all girls are GW onetricks. My favourite is URG and I know a girl who plays nothing but U all day. My ex used to mostly play BG.

You shouldn't start on commander, notably, and this is specifically a commander thread. Commander is the most complex form of magic because no 2 cards in the deck are the same. The complexity of board states and interactions tends to be far higher.

normal mtg seems boring but maybe youre right

He's part right. Commander is complicated, but it's not THAT much more complicated than normal most of the time. I WOULD suggest starting with drafts of any set but unstable to get to grips with the rules
The reason I say "Avoid unstable" is because commander is NOT the most complex form of magic, silver border is.

No prob, I picked him up about that price too sometime back. He is a pretty fun commander, and one you honestly don't have to rely on to win. Be warned- he can be a detriment once your table knows its smarter to send some stuff back to your hand, rather than graveyard/reanimator shit. Always pack sac outlets to off athreos if need be for say living death or whatever.