Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Third Party Edition
>Fill in the survey, ask GW for new Abaddon Model
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=M3BlpkaZp-k [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open] [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/CSM-Terminator-Lord
youtube.com/watch?v=AYX2Za4AshA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for carnac

>tfw wanted to convert cadians with victoria heads pickelhaube helmets but i hate the football armor

There's no reason to buy Cadians unless you can only go to a GW, the alternatives are so much better. I'm just waiting for when Anvil releases the Dress Uniform stuff.

it's still in GBP though

>Major black library author comes out and says that if you don't like black library fluff, then you can just ignore it
BL shills and Carnac BTFO, BL confirmed not canon.

There's an option for dollars.

Check the top left of the page.

Meant for

New player here. Going Raven Guard w/ my Dark Imperium marines.

Looking online, I'm having trouble choosing how to focus things. It would seem the chapter tactics would benefit a more shooty army (With Sternguards in particular to use 18" Rapid Fire), but the stratagem is more of a deep strike thing, and melee.

Anyone here experienced with RG and willing to lend a newcomer some advice?

World eater codex when?

I strongly vouch for Anvil Industries, I bought 35 guys from them for a project. Zero issues, took seconds to prepare, good all around. Contrast with FW which gave me at least one nasty issue (warped shoulderpads, bubbles, etc) every 10 guys. Going to buy a metric fuckton of the dress uniform guys when I fulfill my contract labor.

Do these units get chapter tactics/legion traits?

BL has always just been fan fiction. Any actual lore is in the rule book or codex supplements.

>resposting so it will be easier to continue the discussion here

>Be a Blood Angels player
>go to FLGS to get more gold paint
>guy at the counter double checks that I'm the guy who preordered a shitton of BA stuff
>say yes
>he says the GW shipment hasn't come in yet
>likely to come in Monday
>have a game tomorrow

I warned you about citing review cites. Opinion disregarded

If they have the appropriate keywords.

Man, Darkhoof, you got triggered.

does anyone know, is this guy only avaliable in the terminator lord cadre kit? i only play DE but this guy looks rad and i want to paint him, what is he, i looked up chaos sorcerer on ebay but didnt see him there

... Isn't doing ADB exactly what he is blaming that other guy for?

>Having no room for other opinions is being an asshole
>Ergo, only my opinion is the right one

games-workshop.com/en-US/CSM-Terminator-Lord

>angry people seem beholden to a version of 40k that never existed
bloody marxists

So the ADB AMA is over. Said some interesting stuff. Talks about Perturabo and Lorgar being Daemon Princes of Chaos Undivided, for one.

thanks my man, didnt see the options to build him differnt, i assumed it was a monopose model

Hahaha wow he actually replied !
He got so triggered.

where is your evidence that the majority of people agree with you? are you living in a fantasy world, Darkhoof?

Give me your best replies for this Veeky Forums.

but he was right though?

He seems somewhat... thin skinned.

>Sorry, you are right. I am posting all of this in a thread for goodboy points and the fact that you immediately recognized that makes me feel ashamed

I think he's overreacting but his point is fairly solid:

As much as you don't want it to be, it's canon. If you don't like it, you can walk away.

Damn son, he took that bait hook, line and sinker.

And we are bothering to discuss this? Have we ran out of interesting things to talk about this early in the thread?

>Carnac torn between his love for ADB and his hatred for undivided
What kind of mental gymnastics and doublethink shitposts are we in for tonight?

No the joytrain is just getting started.

Well we are still waiting for BA leaks/scans

I never claimed as much. You're the one who said "you guys are wrong and misrepresenting his argument, most people like his books!"
And when told to prove and not do something like cite good reads, you just said all the review sites agree, which is the exact opposite of the conditions given. You're the only one who's made a claim.

Striking Scorpion went through it page by page on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=AYX2Za4AshA

No no, he didn't confirm it. Just talked about it. Incidentally, Chaos likes Abaddon better than they ever liked Horus.

There are none. The exchange comes across as pathetic from both sides. He should really take his own advice though, he comes across as very insecure replying the way he did. albeit he does appear to come across like that in a general sense.

However, he does have a solid point regarding not all opinions being equal, which shouldn't be ignored even if the guy presents it like a passive-aggressive twat. I'd be curious to see how he took less direct criticism of his work, though I'm assuming it wouldn't differ too far from this.

>Chaos likes Abaddon better than they ever liked Horus.
Of course they do because ADB loves Abby.

reposting adabadab

>“Who the fuck are these guys? Hail them and tell them to go away. We’re busy.”
>“Uh, they’re eating all our ships, sir.”
>“…oh, shit. Start firing then.”
>“Now they’re spamming Smite every fucking turn.”
>“Yes, I’ve decided I definitely hate them.”
kek

Literally nothing he said actually addressed the point made though. He's in fact doing EXACTLY what user said he was: Assuming that because "IP staff and other authors" liked it, that means it's positive and popular. Instead of addressing that point, he just deflects, implying that his point isn't legitimate because "muh trolls trying to score internet points"
And does he really believe "lots of good reviews== the thing is good?" I guess TFA is the best star wars movie then.
And good lord, imagine getting THIS butthurt because someone pointed out a flaw in you're argument
Just point out that he didn't address any points, just got butthurt and called you a troll

RIP Chaos Undivided. This pretty much settles it.

>The exchange comes across as pathetic from both sides.
For darkhoof and ADB, sure. The user was just pointing out ADB was doing what he accused the plebbitor of, to which ADB had no real response but to double down on using "people I know like it therefore it's good"

I dunno, having read through ADB's AMA I get the impression that he gets and is pretty tired of a lot of the complaints thrown this way and people really give him near no credit (at least, vocal minorities on the internet do), so I understand that he's unwilling to pay much heed to them. Especially considering a few of the things he says about meme-40k often differing from actual 40k and many people being pissed at his writing when it diverges from the former (he even mentions some of the lore people weren't even aware of the Armless meme because Abaddon has never been portrayed as a failure in the lore).

On the other hand, he does appear pretty thin-skinned and unwilling to take criticism. I mean fuck, considering he immediately pegged that guy as baiting him with leading questions to take back responses for an online community to dissect, I can see why. But he does seem to want to put his version of things as the one correct way even as he says it's all mutable and subjective.

Looks like only the crew gets it since the turret itself is a vehicle. Makes it a little worse than I though, but at least it is cheaper than devastator/havoc unit and has an extra wound compared to MSU of those.

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH HORUS
ABBADDON IS BEST FRIEND NOW

The Postal Service! We're government funded and give no fucks. UPS is over there you cheapskate.

>don't use evidence that I don't like
look sales figures, reviews on sites, and all of that are not a perfect measures but by any reasonable standard of evidence the book is well liked, so without evidence to the contrary your point is unjustified.
>people I know like it therefore it's good
you mean 40k industry professionals, and reviewers? you however have 40kg in agreement with you so really they are pretty much balanced out

>However, he does have a solid point regarding not all opinions being equal, which shouldn't be ignored even if the guy presents it like a passive-aggressive twat
Yes, but also no.
Yes in the general sense, that sentiment is true. But in this case, no, not really.
There is no heirarchy for people who review 40k books. No serious, prestigious reviewer is going to give a shit about it. The very few professionals who did review it are going to be bottom of the barrel ones, the type who literally just started with the job. Besides that, it's mostly fans and websites run by fans. There isn't really anyone of authority in this situation, which really blows that entire part of his argument away

Done.
I fear he may get ptsd from this exchange if we keep this up.

I'd argue that his first point does a pretty decent job of refuting that, if a bit too general in the way it's presented. If the point in question is about shaky foundations for holding a believe, him having some direct reference points to refer to would provide a more legitimate foundation than some assertion from a random guy in an AMA.

Mind you, that doesn't make the book in question some amazing work of art as a result, nor does it mean it not without faults, but he does have a point that he's had direct feedback from a range of sources regarding the reception of the book.

His point is fine, but how he makes it just comes across as really pathetic and doesn't do him any favours considering his written words are seemingly a major part of his livelihood.

Anytime I see "ad hominem" used in an internet debate I know which side is the brainlet.

I mean, you do have ulterior motives, user. He's probably in this thread. Hi ADB! Love your work. This guy's a dick.

>look sales figures, reviews on sites, and all of that are not a perfect measures but by any reasonable standard of evidence the book is well liked, so without evidence to the contrary your point is unjustified.
What point? Once again, you're the only one who's made a claim here, I merely pointed out that ADB was doing what he accused the other guy of.
>you mean 40k industry professionals, and reviewers? you however have 40kg in agreement with you so really they are pretty much balanced out
Oh yes, truly fucking 40k """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""professionals"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" word matters so much. Look guys, nick kyme said something was good, so it must be! BoLS gave a book a 10/10, which means it's fucking high art because BoLS is totally a reputable source, right? Reece said that necrons were really powerful and that MoM was the best book he ever read, so I guess ADB really did nothing wrong.
Fuck off you nigger, don't act like anyone who's reviewing fucking 40k books is somehow in any way reputable.

>he immediately pegged that guy as baiting him with leading questions to take back responses for an online community to dissect

Well, Bateman, that is exactly what is happening, maybe he is watching

It' reddit user, we're all brainlets by mere association.

And yet it's still a stronger position than the other poster has as they're speaking in a vague dissenting sense without having direct reference points to support their assertion.

This all being said, I'm not trying to say his point is a particularly strong one. As you said, there's not real, legitimate authority at work here, on top of the fact that it's always going to be heavily opinion based as it's a fiction novel. However, it is a stronger position than the other poster has. So much so that it really didn't really warrant the reply, but as is plainly clear to everyone, the guy is very thin-skinned and looking for easy validation.

>your flgs dropped the ball
or
>you live in the mountains
either way, postal service is fine

Abbadon is a failure because in actualy player driven games he got smashed to pieces.
Bot in the gothic war and the now retconned 13th black crusade.
He managed absolute dick when players were given control over the setting instead of some BL writers with daddy issues.

BL and GW tried to make him look scary by writing wank stories about him to compensate for it.

Here's the thing though, he brought it upon himself.
HE choose to write the emperor in the way he did. A way that he knew would be controversial, he even fucking said so in the back of the book. And lo and behold, when it was controversial, when he did get called out for stupid shit like "the super special daemon sword that even the emperor can't kill" his only response is "you only don't like it because of you're echo chamber" and "If you don't like it, fine, ignore it"
He doesn't even bother to stand up for what he wrote and defend it, he just outright says you can ignore it. Which then raises the obvious question: "if you knew it was going to be controversial, if you knew people wouldn't like it, and if you aren't willing to even defend it, then why write it in the first place?"
If he bothered to at least explain his choices, why he thought that was the best way to depict the emperor, why he thought murder sword was a good idea, then I could at least get an idea of why he wrote it. I may not like it, but I can understand it. He doesn't even offer that, making it a huge waste of time.

While it is generally true in this case it is not. ADB replied both the redditor and my comment by stating those who dont agree with him must be trolls.

Yes, exactly. I doubt he's here, but he's not a moron and he's been doing this a while. Fa/tg/uys aren't paragons of subtlety.

He accused Darkhoof of having a tiny circle of like-minded people who agree with him, and then explained that he had to get his book approved by a lot of other people who had no reason to kiss his ass and accept the story + the book in question was reviewed positively by reviews AND by the majority of verified buyers. Your point is that he did the same thing as them when the difference between a circle jerk's opinion as evidence and the reaction by the public at large are two very different things. Sure, pros suck in a lot of ways, but that doesn't mean you are right either

>yfw ADB and Alfabusa regularly chat on Discord

alright I will give you that. the fallacy just gets thrown around so much that I knee jerk when I see it

Dubs decide the color scheme of my genestealer cult army
I won't except a shitty or meme combination of colors unless the post has trips

>tfw he replies to bait, but not your sincere question
Feels bad

>However, it is a stronger position than the other poster has. So much so that it really didn't really warrant the reply, but as is plainly clear to everyone, the guy is very thin-skinned and looking for easy validation.
Oh most definitely. I just don't understand why he won't explain why he wrote it the way he did. If he's such a whore for validation (which he obviously is), and he knew people wouldn't like it (which he did), then why make the choices he did. And if he has no reason for making the choices, if he doesn't put any thought into his work, why the ever loving fuck would he expect us to read it?

neon green nid parts, electric blue and hot pink robes

Denim and Denim. Get it?

Pffft. Carnac BTFO.

He is also in the Start Collecting CSM box, again all options for him and the brute too! If your getting a Term Lord and a Helbrute, you may as well pick up the Start collecting box for the same cost and a free squad of Heretic Marines!

> he immediately pegged that guy as baiting him with leading questions to take back responses for an online community to dissect

You are giving him too much credit.
He replied that way to everyone that criticised him in that AMA.

Just picked up my second box of company vets for dangles. Is there an easier way of modeling special weapons that I'm not aware of? The kit doesn't to come with non weaponed right hands

The first time I just cut off a bolter and carved a slot in the hand for the handle of a plasma gun

Also, dangles codex review looks bretty gud. Consider me pumped

Playing at our local shop's tournament tomorrow. Can't wait to smash our local Eldarfag.

if you run anything apart from guard or imperial soup good luck.

>Perturabo and Lorgar being Daemon Princes of Chaos Undivided
Good. Fuck Be'lakor. I hope someone drops a rock on him.

25 squighs

Problem here is he is not actually defending his point.
>I made a contreversial move with a character
>But why did you portray him that way no one did ever before?
>Well, i just did. I f you dont like it you can just ignore it lol.

Ignoring bad fluff is something people choose to do themselves. It is the first time i am seeing an author actually telling his readers that if people dont like what he wrote they can just disregard what he has written as non canon.

Do you guys fully assemble your models before painting or partially assemble them then finish it off after painting?

Running Alpha Legion Berserks + assorted support elements.

Depends on the model in question

WINNA

I used to do full assembly before painting, but I find it a bit easier to get details and stuff by partially assembly.

>Giving a shit about one BL author and an e-celeb

>>Well, i just did. I f you dont like it you can just ignore it lol.
This is what gets me.
If we are to take ADB at his word, there's no thought behind what he did. It doesn't matter to him, yet we are supposed to pay money for it?
Fuck, I'm not expecting him to write the next moby dick or Don Quixote, it's fucking fluff for a wargame.
But have some fucking pride in your work. Fucking judge dredd idn't ever going to be high art, yet they still put thought into what they write, and it shows through stories like "America". It's not the best thing ever made by far, but thought and effort was put into it, and it shows.
If you, the fucking author, don't care, then why should I?

dubs decide my new nid scheme

Depends on the model and the color scheme.

If I know my muhreen pads or helmets are going to be a different color than the rest of the model I paint them seperately.

Reposting:
>You can take one (1) weapon (with no reloads/recharge/etc) from 40k wielded by infantry units and bring into real life.
What do you choose and why?

The latter. Allows me to get at any details more easily, and preempts any temptation to use unpainted models.

Same scheme as whatever other army you have right now.

Fifty wet cats

I'm actually implying they are both awful and the fact that they get together is also awful.

I agree they're both awful, but why give a shit about them? They're just two people out of a ton of others who make up the community.

I think I'll do that from now on too. Just built a crisis suit and I can already tell it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to paint since so many details are being blocked