Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

ADB confirms pic releated is canon edition.

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for new Abaddon Model
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Dunked Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=M3BlpkaZp-k

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=216&v=VaLsg3M7jOs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>daily dunked peaches and then not a duncan video
I don't like this meme.
Also yay rocks for Belacuck

Just picked up my second box of company vets for dangles. Is there an easier way of modeling special weapons that I'm not aware of? The kit doesn't to come with non weaponed right hands

The first time I just cut off a bolter and carved a slot in the hand for the handle of a plasma gun

Also saw a dangles codex review, pretty pumped desu, lots of point reductions

Third for Tsons!

>You can take one (1) weapon (with no reloads/recharge/etc) from 40k wielded by infantry units and bring into real life.
What do you choose and why?

Do you guys fully assemble your models before painting or partially assemble them then finish it off after painting?

user you blind fuck

>Not linking the thread
No, fuck you.

/osrg/ fag here, can confirm that rocks are OP.

depends on the model.

are kataphrons worth taking with the habbening of chapter approved?

Carnac forever btfo. First Tyranids, now rocks. How can he ever recover?

See even the OSR anons agree with us!

There can never be too much 40k on this board amirite?

destroyers with plasma yes; others... ehhh

>ADB is actually triggered by people having different opinions

Is it bad that i was going to make my OC Tau paint scheme + fluff, but after coming across this video
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=216&v=VaLsg3M7jOs

I just want to run FCE

Stop lying. I was in the AMA. All he did was confirmed that they squatted Undivided

Serious. He is such a fucking douche

>this defensive
Calm down carnak

I come from 5e and want to get back into 40k. Seems like 8e threw out the old rules completely.

I wanna get into Eldar. Anyone have recommendations on a 1000 point list to get me started?

Welcome to the Nu-Left
>If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler

>confirmed that they squatted Undivided
How do the Word Bearers do their worshiping?

go home pol

>r8 my list on a scale of 1 to 9

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Daemons) [25 PL, 471pts]
HQ
The Blue Scribes [5 PL, 86pts]
The Changeling [5 PL, 100pts]
Troops
Horrors [5 PL, 95pts]: Daemonic Icon, 10x Pink Horror

Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [21 PL, 405pts]
HQ
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot [7 PL, 135pts]: Blue Horrors, Staff of Change
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot [7 PL, 135pts]: Blue Horrors, Staff of Change

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [38 PL, 683pts]
HQ
Daemon Prince of Chaos with Wings [11 PL, 212pts]:Hellforged sword
Elites
Exalted Flamer [4 PL, 70pts]
Flamers [5 PL, 84pts]:[/b] 2x Flamer, Pyrocaster
Flamers [5 PL, 84pts]:[/b] 2x Flamer, Pyrocaster
Fast Attack
Screamers [5 PL, 93pts]: 3x Screamer

[b]++ Total: [84 PL, 1559pts] ++[/b]

>+441 points (110 wounds) worth of blue & brimstone horror splitting

>Changling, Blue Scribes, Daemon Prince, 3x Herald on Burning Chariot, and 3x Exalted Flamer are all characters

*worse then /pol/
fixed for u senpai

ADB is numale cuck. No surprise

They squatted Undivided Princes because
(A) to make Abaddon and Be'lakor more special, (B) People found the concept of Chaos Undivided confusing and many author just didn't like it because it doesn't make sense.

They didn't squat the religion of Undivided.

Blind faith.

I like your list, but you could get rid of pinks, regular flamers and screamers to make it stronger.
What do you think about mine? Is this a good list? Feels like something is off. I guess anti-tank is a bit low, but it will be reasonably easy to tie those tanks up with dreadclaws and other stuff.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [18 PL, 342pts] ++

+ HQ +
Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: Malefic talon, Miasma of Pestilence, The Suppurating Plate, Wings

Herald of Nurgle [4 PL, 70pts]: Fleshy Abundance

+ Troops +
Nurglings [3 PL, 54pts]: 3x Nurgling Swarms

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [49 PL, 867pts] ++

Legion: Alpha Legion

+ HQ +
Sorcerer with Jump Pack [7 PL, 122pts]: Combi-bolter, Delightful Agonies, Force sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Prescience

+ Troops +
Chaos Cultists [12 PL, 160pts]: 39x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Slaanesh
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

+ Heavy Support +
Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, 3x Obliterator

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [29 PL, 461pts] ++

Legion: World Eaters

+ HQ +
Dark Apostle [5 PL, 78pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

Exalted Champion [5 PL, 77pts]: Combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne, Power axe

+ Troops +
Khorne Berzerkers [9 PL, 136pts]
. Berzerker Champion: Chainaxe, Chainsword
. 7x Chainsword and Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers [5 PL, 85pts]
. 4x Chainsword and Chainaxe

Khorne Berzerkers [5 PL, 85pts]
. 4x Chainsword and Chainaxe

+ Fast Attack +

Hellforged Dreadclaw Drop Pod [10 PL, 130pts]

Hellforged Dreadclaw Drop Pod [10 PL, 130pts]

++ Total: [120 PL, 2000pts] ++

Then what the fuck are Lorgar and Turbo?

So Skullcrushers with heavy bolters mounted on the juggernauts sounds awesome. But i doubt we will get that probably just get khorne Zerkers riding juggernauts.

Juggernauts are best daemon mount hands down. Model it yourself for now and just count them as bikers.

>People found the concept of Chaos Undivided confusing
wat
"We worship all the Gods" is such a complicated concept?

He said he didn't know.

I was just spit balling ideas for World Eaters centrict codex. I couldn't think of anything cool outside of Skullcrushers with guns.

atta boy
for the greater weeb

Can you lore cucks go fuck off somewhere already?

How many times do you have to go over the same topics?

ADB's fanfiction is shit and the rest of GW's fanfiction is shit. There I settled it. Now start talking about the fucking game.

I'm starting to do that with boars.
>tfw they'll never bring back snakebite cyboar boyz

So much this

>Dubs add up to Khorne's number
Do it in expectation for the codex, your impending rage when they don't come out will be a pleasing offering to him.

Can you game cucks go fuck off somewhere already?

How many times do you have to go over the same topics?

40k's rules are shit and the rest of GW's codexes are shit. There I settled it. Now start talking about the fucking lore.

Well look what Tsons (and deathguard) got

You'd get a named hero (kharn, you already have him), generic heros/lieutenants, new plastic cult marines, new terminators, new chaff (world eater slaves/cultists), and a primarch

Is there any kit with huge, sheathed sword?

Fuck you, sperg. I told you to fuck off first. Now obey my command.

I don't know what you'd call "huge," but Cypher has a very large sheathed sword slung over his back.

/40kg/ is there anything stopping me from using the Tallarn ambush stratagem multiple times to get multiple super-heavies?

pg. 215 of the rule book has a seciton about matched play rules that says that the "use a stratagem once per phase" doesn't apply to pre-game stratagems.

Black Templars upgrade kit has one

Nothing except your own cowardice

>I just cut off a bolter and carved a slot in the hand for the handle of a plasma gun
Why the fuck didn't you just cut the handle off the plasma gun and glue it to the hand that is already modelled holding a grip?

mwahahahaha

Well you'd have to pay for multiple superheavies, and you'd have to bring them in along those table edges, but more than 9" away from enemy models. So conceivably you can get boxed out pretty hard by scouts and the like.

don't worry, you can always make room in your own deployment for them.

Yeah, but then why are you paying to infiltrate them? You'd be paying CP for no advantage. All I'm saying is you have an incentive to keep it reasonable, like either one superheavy or one squad of Russes.

Hey Red Butchers would be pretty cool to get. Angron would be pretty awesome and i would imagine that since Death Guard got things like Bloat drones and Blight Haulers i don't think its that radical to think that maybe a few things like Skull crushers would be added to World Eaters.

OwO
This may be what Reecius said was a hint of what is to come

you're paying to ensure they can't get shot at - most of the time you're going second as guard, and losing the firepower of a quarter of your army just sucks

We all knew it
They're all coming out eventually

You think Lion has gone crazy at this point?

That's not even new though.

Black Templars and Crimson Fists are going to have a timeshare on Dorn presumably?

PRIMARCH RETURNS, RANKED BY LIKELIHOOD

>Gulliman
Accomplished
>Johnson
Likely as all hell given >Vulkan
Soon as the Salamanders finish their fetch quests - any time it's convenient to the story/sales.
>Leman Russ and Corax
They've been partying in the Eye of Terror for thousands of years - they could come back at any time. It would be interesting to see one of them return corrupted though
>Rogal Dorn
"Never found the body" means he's alive. -1 attack.
>Sanguinius and Ferrus Manus
Dead. Not coming back.

>-1 attack

Laughed harded than I expected.

Repostan in new thread, rate the fluff of MY DUDES.

>recieved my first starter kit and bits from friends during the depths of the wardian heresy so I decided to 'ave a real giggle and decided to go full, unironic spiritual liege and make it work
>founded in M38 from pure ultrasmurf gene-stock, a source of great pride for them
>named Guiliman's Hammer, chapter colors are navy blue with maroon, white and gold trim
>right after founding they were posted on Relicta I, a tiny, tidally locked desert world of literally zero importance currently experiencing a WAAAGH but maybe housing an STC
>chapter master decides to be hardcore and swores a blood-oath that they are not going to leave the system
>turns out a huge Emperors Children warband is also coming
>in an unexpected turn of reasonable even the imperial high command tells them to just fold it and retreat, no point of throwing away a fresh, new chapter for rumors
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WE ARE NOT RUNNING FROM THE WRETCHED SPAWN OF FULGRIM, THE MURDERER OF THE GREATEST SPACE MARINE WHO EVER MARINED
>they swear a blood oath to not leave the system EVER and no one can absolve them from it except Girlyman himself
>the orks and the chaos warband mutually annihilate eachother
>GHs just mop up the remants and fume about how their heroic last stand got denied
>admech pokes around, no STC, sorry
>enter 3k years of garrison duty
>completely dead and barren world, only about a million inhabitants and half of those live in a single city, not even feral tribes can survive in the wild
>its widely suspected that it was exterminatus'd before at some point
>GHs decide to emulate papa smurf in everything, even his love for rome and statecraft
>they turn the planet completely around into becoming a neatest little backwater shithole in the galaxy
>strict austerity and recycling regime with lots of education overseen my marines turns everyone on the planet frugal, prosperous and happy

cont.

>"Brother! You're alive! I am so happy to see one of my kin has survived! We have so much to talk about"
>"Yup. Been healed for a long time. Very long actually."
>"Then where have you been? You could have saved the Imperium!"
>"Nah, been busy chilling in the Rock - uhm, I mean, I was waiting for the right time to strike!"
>"So...like the 13th black Crusade that broke Cadia in half? Or the time Mortarion showed up in Ultramar and rampaged through one of the most powerful sectors in the galaxy? "
>"Uuuhhhh....I think my old wounds are opening up again, BRB, gotta visit the Rock!"

Damn, I like that one, but too bad it's not a removable bits but a chunk with its torso.

>they collect every single shred of gold on the planet, be it jewelry or industrial gold, totaling up to 104 tons because nothing else can really be produced on-planet to pay their tithes
>they even raise a crop of well-trained, educated and furiously loyal people each year to be used as craftsmen or conscripts
>they even drill together with their PDF and integrate them into their command structure to the point sometimes they let them wear their colors, if not the actual heraldic devices
>the Administratum never came the collect, the world is too unimportant to draw a tithe from
>they even installed democracy on the planet!
>well the chapter master always gets elected as Planetary Consul but its the thought that matters
>nothing ever happens really, no ancient ruins, no webway gates on the planet for sure, the marines had milennia to scour every rock looking for enemies
>at best a wandering ork ship or eldar pirates visit once every five hundred years or so
>they only do gladiator combat every day in public to keep themselves sharp
>rogue traders never come to visit cause notrade
>the chapter is permamently understrength cause the lack of suitable recruits and resources
>no techmarines because no one can go to Mars
>no librarians because barely any psykers are born to a population of 1million, much less SM applicant tier
>only got a single dreadnought, 4 terminators and 4 rhinos as far heavy weapons go, even those were just gifts from smuf succession chapters
>they wake up every day with "BOY I SURE HOPE WE GET INVADED TODAY" but nothing ever happens
>the eternal garrison duty continues

>deepest fucking gasp herd 'round the galaxy when all that primaris shit rolled out

>i fucking forgot about Jaghatai Khan again
Anyway he's just going wild in the Webway. Could come back at any time

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Khan will come back when they release Primaris Jetbikes

Same with Leemoon Russ as well desu.

>"I'll return for the wolftime brothers, never fear!"

Magny-poo wears Fenris as a fleshlight

>"Doesn't count! See you at the wolftime lololol"

I would put Khan up their with Johnson, they were nearly explicit in The Last Hunt with saying that he has been sighted again in modern times and the book ended with all the protagonists leaving to go find him.

they literally are shitting out every primarch they can

No one caring for what happened to Luther? Cypher did it?

Honestly Khan could be an opportunity for a fun, mobile army buff and LoW.

Luther's been locked in the same room for 10 millennia. I hope he's kicking back on a beach with some overproof cocktail served in a coconut.

>they literally are shitting out every primarch they can
>3, only one of them loyalist

>They squatted Undivided Princes because
>(A) to make Be'lakor more special

Lets not beat around the bush, user, that's the only reason.

>(B) People found the concept of Chaos Undivided confusing and many author just didn't like it because it doesn't make sense.

This is why you have instructions on chainsaws not to try and stop the blade with your genitals or warnings on pens that you might choke if you swallow the cap. If an author is too dumb to wrap their head around Chaos Undivided, even when there's ample literature on the subject, find another fucking author.

Lion-o's got the excuse that he was fucked up by luther's chaos mojo, in the same way guilliman was.

body is healed, but the spirit is damaged sort of thing

Russ did return. Russ appeared in ghost form to Logan in "WoM".

This might hint that Russ is dead.

I guess I needed to put a to be/future tense

he escaped the dangels dungeon of brotherly love after 10k years

Is there an actual book that at least summarizes what happens during the Gathering Storm event?

Asking for someone who is new to the lore. They will not download them from a mega.

Considering its basically just Fall of Cadia and whatever the third one was that actually have anything to do with the Imperium, there isn't *that* much fluff to go through.

/40kg/,
How does 120 points for a manticore sound?
That can fire all 4 missiles in one turn.

4D6 lascannon shots in one turn, for 120 points. (one use only).

I like ADB, and I think I've enjoyed his work collectively more than any other BL author except maybe Abnett

>Magnus
>Primarch pledged to Tzeetch, God of Magic, Trickery, and CHANGE
>turns into a gigantic red cyclops upon ascending to daemonhood, wearing some fabulous gold armor
>most people looking at his model probably wouldn't even think he used to be a human

>Mortarion
>Primarch pledged to god of disease and STAGNATION
>Almost doesn't change at all upon ascending to daemonhood, basically just sprouting some wings and maybe beefing up a little bit

DEEPEST LORE

Fusion Pistol

It's absurdly powerful and looks like a toy.

That, and mortarion is one giant nostalgia fag, morphing his homeworld into the likeness of barbarus and taking on the role of his dad and all.

Can I get some feedback on this 1.75k Imperial Fist list? I usually fight Nids.

There is lore in the 8th edition Chaos Codex about an Alpha Legion DP.

I am pretty sure written current edition codex lore trumps what ever unofficial bullshit you're on about.

I hope we get a Luther model. Is there any fallen content in codex Dark Angles? Or is the "copy paste index stats" from codex CSM all we get?

Dark Angles chapter tactic is the same as the Fallen, so I assume you can just use Fallen as 'count as' Dark Angels.

>used to be human
Magnus was a disgusting red cyclops when he was a loyalist. The only reason prospero was cool with him was because they were a commune of outcast human psykers.

When he became a prince of tzeentch, he changed into a disgusting blue cyclops with wings and a red mohawk.

Even worse
He spent plenty of time hunting for his dads soul to capture and argue with. That is what he used daemonhood for

Mortarion just wants to chill.

>magnus
>not a literal cyclops with big bushy beard

>mortarion
>not the grim reaper with wings

It's weird that Fulgrim's design seems to be the only one that has remained consistent through the ages.

what changed with Angron?

Because Fulgrim had reached perfection. You cannot improve perfection.

> a big bushy beard

Got armour, cybernetics, and an axe.

Sounds like a good time investment.