Have you ever had a last stand in your games? how sad was it?

have you ever had a last stand in your games? how sad was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5X1yPoAaKL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That game butchered that scene.

I sort of had one before. My party had gathered up a few Dwarven clans and a few Elven houses and a small militia of humans, and a couple of goblin tribes. They were going against a dragolich who was opening a door to the spirit realm, so it was an army of undead, ghosts, ghouls, ect. I basically had most of the armies be 1 HP mooks (This was in 4E) and the players would fight the Generals and their retainers while the mooks would be in fights just outside the fight, but actually on the board so they could dart in to fight a PC if they wanted to. Each round I would role a d20 for each mook scrimmage on the edge, plus add a modifier to that role if the PCs had a good round or not. Then a mook would die and either square up against another mook or run in and get a quick strike on a PC who would be able to one shot them. Meanwhile, the players had fights against the General, kill him, and spend a round or two cutting their way to the next one until they reached the Dragolich's gates. The final modifier for those fights was added to how much time they would get to stop the ritual +3. So if they were +2, rolls 1-12 would go to their favor and 13-20 would go in the enemies favor. That +2 would be added to the +3 and the party had 5 rounds to stop the ritual once they faced the Dragolich.

>original scene
>some random grunts find Zack and paint the floor with his brains
>Crisis Core's scene
>The most over the top anime cliche last stand where Zack takes on an entire army filled with grunts, mechas and fucking attack helicopters by himself

I truly don't have hope that the FF7 remake is going to be faithful to the original

Wow, you actually believe the new version is better. I'm sad that you wish to escape reality so desperately.

Nice reading comprehension, fag
Not even him

whew lad, glad I'm not you

2 of my party members did.
>Exploring cave entrance that DAM heavily hinted we shouldn't explore because it would be too dangerous.
>One party member makes us go anyway.
>Oh no, an out of CAR monster that can TPK us.
>DM gives us chance to run.
>the two dumb cunts decide to make a stand.
>Told them it was retarded.
>It became their last stand.

Imagine being this bad at reading

Eh, it's late and I just got off of work. Also

>I truly don't have

This is trash word salad.

>This is trash word salad
Not really. It means
>I have absolutely no hope
And is equally as legible, you're just a faggot

>I have absolutely no hope

More trash word salad. Stop wasting words.

Behold

>I have no hope

Mind blown?

>HURF DURF ADJECTIVES ARE BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION
So you're retarded. Gotcha.

I always had cunt GMs, last stands are just humiliations for the players, accomplish nothing and are just moments for the GMs to fap

I grew up bitter in this hobby

It was a little sad, only because of a beloved NPC's sacrifice which allowed the PC's a fighting chance.

And the use of this theme after all was said and done.

youtube.com/watch?v=5X1yPoAaKL0

Always wanted one, never got one.

My knight whose sword is named "Hope" standed against a non-euclidian void dragon to give the party enough time to escape the reality-folding apocalypse that was befalling the plane they were in, all to retrieve a book that tells the future and how to avoid the destruction of all existance.
The book foretold the return of my dude by the end of its pages.

reminds me of
that retard gm that started a game only to kill PC at the beggining with no interaction for them

>absolutely
>adjective

If you'd been paying attention in school, you'd be able to recognise this as an adverb. It modifies "no" and not "hope".

I met a GM like that, I only lasted one session, he literally killed the first PC of every player, and he even had to cheat, in the first session to "teach the players"

I don't know, I loved that scene, actually the only game that made me cry, an even greater achievement when you consider I didn't even understand english that well at that time. I barely understood why Cloud was KO, and most of the story's details went over my head.
All I saw was a dude sacrificing himself for a buddy, and even though the battle itself was shit in its gameplay, the cutscene before and after were magnificient.

Fight me. The original scene was retarded. Three grunts kill a 1st class soldier? Fuck off. Crisis Core has many flaws, Gakt being one of the major ones, but the way they handled the ending was great because it essentially forced you to decide to give up on Zack, since with the right setup you could fight effectively indefinitely.

yeah, I never liked the cutscene mode death stuff even as a kid. Characters who can take on armies dying because... well, no reason better than what has happened during gameplay.

Screw the drama, I want my mechanical verisimilitude.

I hope this thread is still up when I get off work, I got a fun one.

Anima
>character is very op summoner
>armies led by a demon lord are coming
>forcefully teleport other pcs from battle to allow me to use full extent of powers
>fill battlefield with massive earthquakes, fireballs and my personal army
>become possesed by heroic spirit
> start losing battle
>link my own life to demon lord
>we both die and the battlefield was a massive wasteland
>cost our side only 1 life

I don't believe you.