How come there's no RPG for this masterpiece yet?

How come there's no RPG for this masterpiece yet?

Which game would you use to run a Hyperion themed game?

Only Amber Diceless could cope with these power levels.

>How come there's no RPG for this masterpiece yet?
>the Shrike goes back in time and murders the party when they were babies

I don't think it would be a stretch to have a game set in the world of Hyperion Cantos without actually involving Shrike. Plenty of material in there to use for other adventures

Get that cross parasite, stomp the shit out of everyone, die and respawn until youre a retard.

I'm pretty sure the Shrike can kill someone bad enough a cruciform wouldn't do shit. Possibly without even invoking time travel bullshit.

Recall, the Bikura were ultimately destroyed by one angry redneck with a bunch of nukes.

The Ousters did nothing wrong.

I couldn't finish this series. The first book was great, the second was good, the third was barely acceptable and I just got so sick of the fourth that I gave up. It was abundantly clear that a nigga was more interested in jerking off about Buddhism and Keats than telling an interesting story or tying up any of the dangling plot threads.

Because the author is an old douchebag. He hates anything 'new' and is incredibly pretentious. He would cringe if he heard we were even discussing this.

source- have met him personally (on a forum).

Seriously, he's a dick who thinks his books are timeless Literature and Art and he shits on anything he thinks is trivial.

>have met him personally (on a forum).

>Colonel Kassad teleports behind the Shrike
Nothin' personal, future me.
Shrike can also just impale anyone on the Tree of Thorns, where you are tortured forever and cannot die.

it's true!

>personally
>on a forum

The premise that the AIs created the whole hyperspace network because that microsecond during which they can use traveller's brains is so useful was too stupid to tolerate, even if everything else didn't wear down my enthusiasm first.

You literally cannot personally interact with people online. The moeblob person is right. I would never gauge someone's online personality as the same as meeting them in person. Also, I think the dude is a genius and frankly an RPG based on his work is kind of beneath him.
He retconned that. They were never the psychic vampires that the CEO thought they were. If I remember correctly one pro-human faction of AIs told a lie to put the anti-human AIs at a disadvantage.

>Also, I think the dude is a genius and frankly an RPG based on his work is kind of beneath him.

Fuck off Dan, spend more time tying up the Illium trilogy and less time shitposting

The 2 Endymion books are shit, whenever I recommend the books to someone I make sure to say only read 1 and 2

>source- have met him personally (on a forum).

It's not really fit for an rpg. The setting, while containing a lot of interesting ideas or the combination itself is interesting. The theme of the story is not really rpg material (based on book 1&2 which were amazing, though I couldn't finish 3), so while you can have an rpg set in the world it will be pretty much just a homebrew scifi.

I read the Hyperion Cantos, and I would consider the first one to be a masterpiece. I am not certain if I would go as far to say timeless literature and art, but phenomenally good. The other three were... OKAY.

>source- have met him personally (on a forum).
What did he mean by this?

>have met him personally (on a forum).

That's nothing. In the 80s I had Michael Jackson perform live at my house (on TV) and watched it with my girlfriend (from Canada so couldn't have met her). Afterwords we Chevy Chase, Martin Short, and Steve Martin perform the Three Amigos (on a movie screen). Man that was one crazy day.

>Which game would you use to run a Hyperion themed game?
I wouldn't.