Sometimes I avoid buying booster packs when I don't know how to correctly pronounce the name of the set...

Sometimes I avoid buying booster packs when I don't know how to correctly pronounce the name of the set. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of the cashier.

That's why I always practice in front of mirror before going out shopping. Only drawback is I freeze up when they ask how my day is going or some such bullshit. Can't wait till cashiers are all replaced with robots.

I would laugh at you, but I do that same when I look for singles at the LGS

How is it embarrassing to not be able to pronounce a name you aren't familiar with?

Amonkhet is a phonetic name you fucking moton. “Ah-mon-ket.”

i mispronounce on purpose to trigger english elitists, weeds out the ones who cant take a joke or have a fun time

i say almond-kat instead on amon-khet, fite me irl

>moton
You tried so hard

Do you seriously not know what a fucking moton is?

I called it a-mom-kek.

The LGSs I've been to all have the packs/boxes sitting near the counter, so you can just grab them.

But then the orthography of my language isn't actively trying to kill me, so pronouncing stuff usually isn't a problem.

Just ask for a monkey pack.

Neither can I. Self checkouts are great.

I’ve literally never seen boosters that weren’t stocked out of reach behind the counter. Apparently they’re prime shoplifting targets.

Yo, gimme 2 of them Egyptian named boosters, bro.

They really are. My lgs keeps them way out of reach, but it's still a problem with employees nicking them. So bad that the owner does pocket checks when his employees finish their shift.

I do see them in glass cases, but that's in bigger toy stores. In dedicated game stores they usually are on or near the counter, so they're always visible.
But the stores in my area are all pretty small since they're in some cheap locations planned literally in the middle ages. You couldn't really grab them reliably without someone noticing.

>on purpose

Just like you don't use capitalization on punctuation "on purpose"? My guess is you're just that dumb and lazy.

>ket
Try again!

"Give me the not-Egypt MTG set, mate."

What if OP isn't australian?

"Pass me the non-Egyptian Magic set with me, chap."

What is OP isn't hindu?

פiʌǝ ɯǝ ʇɥǝ uoʇ-Ǝƃʎdʇ W┴פ sǝʇ' ɯɐʇǝ˙

"If you would be so kind as to share this Magic the Gathering set that is clearly themed after the Egyptian motives, and yet doesn't clearly indicate it with its name? Many thanks, my friend."

What if I'm not canadian?

"Hand me the KANGZ set, knave"

>Say Knave in public
>Get shamed and shoot
T-thanks nigga.

Foolish nonsense! There is nothing to be ashamed of!
A knave must know to obey the orders of his rightful lord! It is only right to put those whose blood isn't blue into their rightful places!
Carry onwards and God be with you!

>Enter FHGS
>"Eyo mah NIGGUH ya up for sum YGO?"
>"N-no, H-hand me the K-KANGZ set, K-knave"
>"Lmao why you playing dat weak pussy shit nigga, here, 200 dollar"
>Always known as the MtG pussy nigga from that day on.

I’m also dumb and lazy but I mispronounce on purpose

Wizards literally designs their names for brainlets like you, don't worry, if you pronounce it how it looks it will probably be right.

This thread was actually funnier than I expected. Nice.

So you're american.

My literal line was;

Ey yo gimme sum dat sandy pyramid magic

I'm white as fuck.

Is this a repost?

I have been here too long

This thread is giving me intense Deja Vu

imagine being an introvert working as a cashier.

its even worse.

I dont like you

Because of grognards who screech when you pronounce something even slightly wrong.

I dunno, I just get triggered when people try dumb shit with their pronunciation before even sounding out the word.

Americans do this so fucking much.

Why
literally just ask the dude how it's pronounced

All because she's the shop owner it doesn't mean she knows everything about everything she is is selling.

What if OP isn't Muslim?

"дaй мнe кopoбкy c кaпитaлиcтичecкими кapтaми."

Oh, english. Your grammar is simple and easy to learn, your vocabulary is limited and fast to learn and... the relationship between your graphemes and your pronunciation is non-existent.

Ah-mon-ket
Ix-a-lahn
Ka-la-desh
In-ni-strahd
Zen-di-car
Fee-or-a (Con-spee-rah-ceee)
Tar-keer
There-ohs
Rav-nee-kaa
Merr-o-din/PRAISE YAWGMOTH, FATHER OF MACHINES! HIS FILIGREE GAZE CARVES US, AND THE SCARES DANCE UPON OUR GRATEFUL FLESH! (Nu Fy-rex-ee-a)
Ah-lar-a
Lore-win/Sha-do-mor
Do-min-a-ri-a
Ka-mi-ga-wa
Mer-cay-di-a
Rath
Ul-grow-tha
Ray-bee-ah
Also Av-ah-sin, el-dra-zee, ee-ther, el-dritch, dra-gon.

Ahhh-muh-cuck
Is-a-lul
Cuck-le-derp
In-no-stool
Trap-queer
Turd-ho's
Rash-no-cock
Mem-o-pimp/DRUMPF fuck-reeeee-xD
A-lard
Lore-wank/Shit-moor
Dumb-mem-ria
Cuck-mem-ga-wa
Mem-cuck-dumb
Rat
Il-Cock-thot
ray-buh-braaaap
also Av-dumb-shit, El-drumpf-shit, El-ditch, dumb-go.

What if OP isn't constantly drunk?

"Je m'abandonne à l'acquisition d'un ensemble de la nouvelle magie de l'ensemble de collecte, qui est basé autour de l'Egypte, mon bon ami"

>the french
>not constantly drunk

Pardon?

English vocabulary, for all intents and purposes is among the world's largest with native adults speaking some 20k-35k words. Non-natives speak roughly 5k.

>you're been confirmed as non-native english speaker

go to bed decepticon

(Of course I'm not a native speaker.)

A lot of those are loanwords, though - which isn't a bad thing, mind you, but might be one of the reasons your grapheme-phoneme relationships are all over the place. Day to day vocabulary is a lot more limited, which makes it easy and manageable for non-natives. I don't doubt you've got plenty of fancier words - I'm a big fan of obscure and forgotten terms in my own tongue -, but the basic vocabulary is well, pretty basic and easy to pick up on. Short words, unfrequent use of synonyms, etc. So it's easy to learn, hard to master, I'd say.

I don't like how english sounds,
but that's a matter of tastes. It's very good as a lingua franca and its litterature is probably very interesting, but I'm having a hard time appreciating its sonorities. Also, you killed Jeanne, you monsters.

I didn't want your admiration anyways.

Fuck off nazi.

Buying Magic Boosters is pointless, just do not do it, believe me.

If you need a card for constructed, buy a single, it is much more cheaper than get it randomly. If you're playing limited, you're buying boosters when registering to tournament automatically.
Boosters as separate product is a trap for newbies and money gain for wizards.

I just point at whatever I want and make grunting noises. Keeps them from trying to make small talk with me.

What if they respond with grunts