How the turn tables have shifted

So, one of my female players that I DM for are going to run a "Girls Only" D&D game next week. However I've been invited as the only male participant among 4 female PCs and the female DM.

The reason is that it's her first time DM'ing and she wants someone experienced (me) to take charge in case the group of newbs get stuck, or whatever.

I was thinking of playing "Chad Thundercock - Paladin Extraordinaire!" and have a bit of fun with it, since the girls are all going to be playing female characters and I'll be the only male one. But I am open to suggestions on how to make it more fun.

I don't want to fuck her game up. She's a good person and I don't want the new players to feel like shit either so only answer if you're not a /pol/ shill or haven't kissed a girl even though you're 20+ years old.

Perhaps the name Thundercock is a little too on the nose. Maybe Rooster Chadburn would be a little more subtle.

Play a Bard or Rogue like Jack Sparrow. Girls universally love Johnny Depp and that character specifically. It's a great way to be a babe magnet but not be weird because he's not a sexually aggressive person.

For starters maybe change the name, unless you know every players very well and know they aren't going to feel weird with that

Rooster Chadington the Bard. I know my next character.

He's not trying to fuck them (yet) you autist

>Gets invited as the sole male player in an all girl group
>Wants to play a Paladin--by nature a high Cha class--called Chad Thundercock

OP is very obviously trying to go bull elephant seal mode, user.

>ne of my female players that I DM for are going to run a "Girls Only" D&D game next week
Sounds good. Women ruin enough shit for men so let them have fun by themselves. I've been advocating this shit for longer than I can be bothered to remember.

>However I've been invited as the only male participant among 4 female PCs and the female DM.
Well, how much drama do you want in your game fampai? If you want my advice, get out of there while you still can, or prepare to lose at least one friendship (and potentially a court hearing).

I never said that! (three of them are pretty hot actually)

Getting invited to the group like that means they are trying to fuck him. I'd be wary of any married ones, they'll be the most into him.

Tell her not to call it a girls only game if she's inviting a guy.
After that, figure out what the other characters are playing and prod what they're expecting you to bring. On one hand, you could bring a female character to fit in. On the other hand, it could come off as creepy to them. I'd honestly suggest not going. Being the one guy not part of the "target group" is never fun.

>Getting invited to the group like that means they are trying to fuck him

Or they just figured he's gay.

> prepare to lose at least one friendship (and potentially a court hearing).
You're implying that I'm not good friends with the girl. She knows my type of humour and what not. And I won't go full rape-mode-autist. We're all adults who will be playing.

Well... I'm trying to have fun ;)

OP here, I feel like I need to clarify myself.

I will be playing a paladin, or other support role that can tank or/and heal, to support the newer players.

I'm looking for ways to have fun with this in an otherwise all-female game.

Sexual innuendos and shit like that will be fine. The DM knows me and that is my type of humor (I actually think she sorta wants me to attend to lead the RP bits as well, to make the others open up more).

I don't want to make the other ones feel like shit, but playful banter would be OK. I might even play into a stereotype (Hence the joke-name Chad Thundercock, see?)

>You're implying that I'm not good friends with the girl.
I'm implying that this many women in one place is a recipe for disaster. You're a man, you by default can do no right in the eyes of women. I'm asking you if you're willing to risk your friendship over the drama that will inevitabily and without a shadow of a doubt follow.

Honestly if you know at least one of your GM's friends you should be fine. Otherwise you'll get people seeing you as the "GM boyfriend".

The thing with the sexual banter angle is while funny I can guarantee you it'll get old after awhile. Not in an offensive kind of way, but more in how you can only ask the Lady Ranger if she'd like the Lay On Hands so many times before she's just kinda tired of it.

It's a fun angle but you should have more going on for your character than simply wanting to nail the others.

>only answer if you're not a /pol/ shill or haven't kissed a girl even though you're 20+ years old.

I feel like you don't have a lot of female friends, user ;)
It'll be fine, I've met two of the potential PCs at parties before and they're fun girls. I don't know why Veeky Forums assume it'll be a SJW fest
Hmm, you might be right. I was thinking of playing my character as a male-trope character. Make jokes about things they might expect me to do. Shit like "mage-splaining" or whatever.

Be Chad Thundercock, but have him be homosexual.

>I don't know why Veeky Forums assume it'll be a SJW fest

Because they've never talked to a real woman before that wasn't their mom

>I don't know why Veeky Forums assume it'll be a SJW fes
Veeky Forums in 2017 is basically just "/r9k/ but we have games"

>I was thinking of playing my character as a male-trope character
What KIND of male tropes though? 21st century Alpha Chad machismo? Romantic Chivalry? Swashbuckler? There's a million ways you can play up this kind of character and none of them really marry together too well.

>I don't want to fuck her game up. She's a good person and I don't want the new players to feel like shit either so only answer if you're not a /pol/ shill or haven't kissed a girl even though you're 20+ years old.

Then don't be Chad thundercock, dumbass. Just play a normal character and match the tone of her campaign.

You could always go full-beta and play a child character.
Or at least a guy who looks like someone one of the other players got stuck babysitting but still secretly directs shit from the back. If it were my lady friends, that’s prolly how I’d have done it.
if I had any friends left

Alpha chad machismo probably. I liked the Johnny Depp idea that had actually. A somewhat aloof Jack Sparrow type.

That's the thing. I've been told that the campaign will be somewhat lighthearted (because of the newbs). I really just need a way to play something that's easy to roleplay (to give guidance to the newbs) and that can help out in combat without stealing the spotlight (preferably by not having final kills, and things like that).

I'm actually considering playing a "bimbo" type character, just for the hell of it, but being super competent at the stuff I do. Again, to subvert the common tropes.

>I feel like you don't have a lot of female friends, user ;)
Of course I don't, why would I want one? Wait a second, is this the part where you start shaming me for not having what I never wanted in the first place? Why not just go all out and shame me for not having piercings while you're at it?

'The Fool' in general is a popular guy and a good archetype for support characters, since they can have surprising depths of skill but be the butt of jokes or whimsical failures otherwise.

>that can help out in combat without stealing the spotlight (preferably by not having final kills, and things like that).

No normal, well-adjusted player has a problem with this. If you're just swinging a sword around and happen to get the last hit then no one cares. The only time this is a problem is when you're playing a wizard and you invalidate the entire group with some stupid cheese.

Unless the other players are histrionic narcissists they won't give a shit if it's their arrow or your longsword that kills the orc. I'd be more concerned about stepping on their toes during roleplay situations.

Your ideas are straight up terrible. Light hearted is not an open invitation to take the piss out of this poor noob's campaign.

>Why not just go all out and shame me for not having piercings while you're at it?
>he doesn't clack his dick piercing against his female friend's navel ring

Why even live, user?

Give me one reason to want a female friend other than sex.

Have you ever visited voat.co?

I think you'd like it

>user never had sex

>Confirmed for being kissless virgin

Women make great friends user. Not all of them, no. Just like not all men make great friends (for example I would imagine that you would be insuffarable to hang out with)

Same reason you have male friends, which you don't.

They know better than anyone what girls like.

Be Chad Filledwithcock, but have him secretly be a girl in disguise who just wants Prince Charming to reveal her secret and sweep her off her feet.

This is a big one for me. Women are good resources for when you want to impress other women.

And you wonder why women are always mean to you

>No normal, well-adjusted player
Not to say that I don't assume the players to be normal and well-adjusted, but I will point out that it's their first time playing. If a more experienced player takes things too far, it can have the same effect as a DMPC hogging the spotlight. Admittedly, I feel like that's more something that the experienced player would have to go out of their way to do, rather than a landmine that can be accidentally stepped on.

Obviously I'll do my best to read the room and adjust appropriately. The reason that I've agreed to this is to act as a support pillar for the DM and her beginner PCs. If I start acting as a glorified DMPC I'll simply step out of the game and that'll be it.

I feel like most of you are putting to much importance on this whole thing desu.

Well, we're actually a pretty gun-shy board. Too many That Guy threads (even if they didn't actually happen).

Bolt Vanderhuge
Dirk Hardpeck
Biff Rockslab

OP here. Biff Rockslab might actually become the name if I don't go for a female "Stacy Diamondutz" character. Thanks user!

Or university professors, or office hens (especially in HR)

For a moment she looked exactly like the derpy farseer from the Dawn of War 2 memes, humping the control point

to take your money?

Big McLargehuge

pls don't take dating advice from women anons, that's how you end up a kissless virgin loser like me.

This. You don't ask hunting advice from the prey, do you? All dating advice from women more or less comes down to
>Just say hello
>Just talk to them
>Just be yourself
In general, don't take dating advice from someone who hasn't fucked a woman herself.
>Inb4 lesbians
Yeah, they're solid... if you want to date dykes.

ugly boi detected

Men's dating advice rarely amounts to much more than what you said.

My point wasn't asking for women about dating advice. It's asking women about what pleases women.
>Does this cologne smell good?
>Does this shirt look good?
>Should I grow my hair long or short?

Things that never happened, for 200

Also, have a (you)

Play friar tuck, chaste but drunk and funny support character

>girls never want to play with boys REEEEEEEEEEEEE
ok, thanks user.

Except she's not going to tell you what pleases women, she's going to tell you what pleases her. Presumably, if you're asking her these kinds of things, you're not trying to get with her, you're trying to get with other women. The problem there is that if you ask what pleases other women, the only answer you're ever going to get is "it depends."

Silly user, you don't get a (you) for replying to the OP

Perhaps a Johnny Dept Bard for utility and fun?

Friendship is a wonderful thing?

Like really, what the argument against friendship?

Paladins work fine for romantic chivalry, sure, and what with their no need for wisdom they can be as scatterbrained as all hell. You could go for a Darkwing Duck-like character who is a goofball until it becomes the time to get dangerous, and then you mess shit up.

I'd normally suggest a swashbuckler-like paladin, but you do you. Just don't be too much of a boor, they are newbies, but some of them might end up being good players.

Have you considered playing a monk or something else where you can be a walking shirtless scene? If the other characters aren't taking it too seriously, you could provide the fanservice and comic relief.

What version of D&D is that, 5E?

yeah 5e is what we'll be playing.

I don't really want to play a monk since the class seems kind of dull desu.

Just be the healer

play as a reverse trap who's convinced she's male

>It's another " user pretends to be a chad " thread while posting on Veeky Forums and playing D&D

Hm, I tried playing it once (I traditionally play PF) and it was not impressive. Still, the ability to tear your clothes without being s**t at fighting should count for something.

Oh well, at least Oath of the Ancients sounds like it doesn't stop you from having a good time.

If you don't want to steal the spotlight bard is probably ideal, just focus on supporting with stuff like bardic inspiration, faerie fire, and vicious mockery. It also gives you an excuse to be talky and lead the roleplay bits, bring the other players out of there shell.

But don't name you character Thundercock, that's laying it on a little thick.

>s**t

>Asking him to be the healslut

What ediion and do you know the classes of the other players?

Don't fuck her game up.
Knock all of them up.
Fuck their characters, one by one.
Build a harem in the game, before you build one in real life.

>Knock all of them up.
>Fuck their characters, one by one.

That's an awful idea

No I don't know the classes yet. We'll have a session 0 and I'll take a class to complement the rest of the party after they've chosen theirs. I'd assume that a fighter or healer of some sort might be needed. Although I don't think it'd be of much consequence

HUGH

MUNGUS

HUGH MUNGUS WOT?

>Hey guys how do I ruin my friends game
>btw I don't wanna ruin my friends game

user you can't do this kind of shit with your female friends. Women don't 'get' the kind of bants shit men pull on each other. You can't just show up with a fuck you character like Cock Ramperstamp the Dick Wizard and not expect it to not get taken personally and ruin your friendship. Meanwhile, with a male friend, being a fucking asshole is kind of implied

Just play a character whose a good natured dunce so the others can ham for the spotlight and you can do dumb shit. Another user mentioned Jack Sparrow and that's a good tack to take - deceptively cunning but otherwise kind of stupid

I vote this

>child character
This would be tricky as a paladin, but how about a boy who lied about his age to join the army? Say 14 give or take a year.

To offset the whole skinny kid and high strength you need for the character class he accidentally drank the wrong (or right) potion. Or maybe on the field of battle he came across a dying champion of light who passed their mantle onto him.

Here are a few image based character suggestions.

Play a Chad paladin that was a reformed criminal. Alternatively the jock nobles son paladin who wears gold lined armor is also a fun idea.

Play a monk.

It is piss easy to create a swiss army knife monk that can theoretically fill most of the mechanical gaps that a new player might create via lack of knowledge of the game.

Moreover it gives you an excuse to inject knowledge about game mechanics through the monk's natural characteristic tendencies for the benefit of the players who are inexperienced, all for the sake teaching them without taking them out of character too hard.

Nice.

Why not play as Brock from Pokemon? The hopeless romantic who falls in love with every lady he sees, but never wants anything more than to hold her hand and be close. Take punishment from the other girls for hitting on every wench you meet, but always in a playful manner.

>haven't kissed a girl even though you're 20+ years old.

DAMN IT

>Cock Ramperstamp the Dick Wizard

Well, aside from the fact that friendship is a wonderful thing, a good female friend will protect you from evil women like you'd protect her from evil men. At least, in theory.

Also, you don't have to pretend you're not a total pussy in front of them like you would your guy friends and strangers on the internet. And since you're not trying to get sex out of them, there's no need to impress them. There's no pressure. You can afford to show a little bit of weakness around them.

Of course, this only applies if you actually are a pussy, since if you're an alpha male macho man randy savage, other men will be as women in your presence just by mere comparison, so there's really no difference. But if that were the case you wouldn't have said anything.

>haven't kissed a girl even though you're 20+ years old

A WIZARD POSTS WHERE HE PLEASES!

If you don't want to fuck her game up, don't play that kind of character

Play something like a goofball gnome, gruff grumpy old dwarf, or a meek little ratfolk. I find the women players in my group seem to like playing along side those, for some reason.

I had a game for three, where the girls were basically playing as Vampirella, Lady Death, Beatrice and Sorceress. It was campy as fuck, but pretty fun regardless. Probably the trashiest game I ever ran, but also the most enjoyable.

role play the main character in a harem anime, you could even do an isekai thing. I'd recommend going for some spell caster. Extremely low perception and oblivious to women's signals, he just wants to use his overpowered magic to do good and carry these overly dependent women on his back across the finish line.