Best system for a game where the PCs are a team of sleuths investigating a mystery?

Best system for a game where the PCs are a team of sleuths investigating a mystery?

Other urls found in this thread:

stargazergames.eu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Call of Cthulhu

Gumshoe. If not by the letter, in spirit (recognize that the genre is about putting the clues together, not finding the clues)

Dark Heresy

Pretty sure most people would direct you to Gumshoe or Cthulhu, but really it depends. Any campaign can be an awesome mystery if you plan far enough ahead and can pull shit outta your ass with nobody noticing. Maybe first decide the mystery, and then pick a system around it?

Gumshoe.

It's designed so players automatically find any clues, giving a strong sense that they are competent investigators in their field.

Not Known Military Formations.

I've enjoyed running this obscure system

the name really rolls off the tongue

Yeah it's from a literally who? team too. I've never found any of their work outside of this pdf, not even other editions of this game. That said I like the mechanics and my group has enjoyed it before too. I've never tried Gumshoe though so I'll check that out. Anyone know where I can get a pdf for Gumshoe?

That the working title for Unknown Armies?

>I've never found any of their work outside of this pdf, not even other editions of this game.

stargazergames.eu/

>last post in september of 2017
Well I'll be damned.

It's a mystery!

>Mysterious Militaries
>Secret Soldiers
>Clandestine Corps
>Cloak and Dagger Cavalry
>Top Secret Troops
>Obscure Officers
>Classified Combatants

Private Eye RPG is basically CoC with a Sherlock skin

Technoir, The Dick Tracy Role Playing Game, Baker Street, GURPS Mysteries, A Taste For Murder, Conspiracy X, The Strange, and so on and so forth.

>mfw I read "a team of sluts"
I now unironically want to run a murder mystery campaign in Victorian London where all the party members are prostitutes who are active in the seedier parts of town. I didn't even realize the double entendre there until after typing it out. Everything about this idea is beautiful!

>The ineptitude of the london police and scotland yard has led a crack team of whitechapel whores to take justice into their own hands. Their mission? Stop Jack the Ripper

Fate.

GURPS

>Directed by Quentin Tarantino

And that was when the movie turned to shit.

It was such a good idea, too.

This is the sort of brilliant shit that makes me come to this board.

Sorry user, we can't all have shit taste.

Nope, but too many of you do.

A movie like that needs a sensible female director in order to keep the female ensemble cast from being cringey as fuck.

Normally I'd say take your SJW bullshit elsewhere, but given the subject matter and all, yeah, it does. Or, rather it needs a male and a female who can work together, her for the social dynamics and him for the just about everything else.

first posts best posts

>A movie like that needs a sensible female director
>female per se
>because a sensible male director wouldn't be able to do it justice
Can you imagine the shitstorm if someone implied women aren't suited to direct films dealing with men's issues (presuming such a film could even exist without feminists crucifying everyone involved)?

Run that in Maid RPG for extra keks

If I may...