/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces (No new UA this month)
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

Previously, on /5eg/
tfw no UA

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBVU12SWp0MTJSWTA?usp=sharing
rpg.rem.uz
youtube.com/watch?v=bfWLYt9IAcw
humblebundle.com/books/dungeons-monsters-dragons-books
dmsguild.com/product/228484/Xanathars-Lost-Notes-to-Everything-Else?affiliate_id=282191
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>using this shitty image for the OP again.
Here is my art folder user. Please find something more interesting.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBVU12SWp0MTJSWTA?usp=sharing

I love this picture because it triggers certain "people".

Variety is the spice of life user. You can only beat a dead horse so much.

>it's a "hypocrite tries to act superior episode"

I hate reruns.

Reposting from previous thread:
Assuming a group comes across a Yugoloth, what would be the Yugoloth's default tongue? Abyssal or Infernal?

I was waiting for the thread to hit page ten before starting a new thread. Oh well, what is your group's average gold spent on dungeoneering?

Uh, is the trove down for anyone else?

It is still down.

Zero. I don't keep track of that shit and assume the players have common adventuring gear.

Oh man grappling hooks cost like 2 silver.
I have never met any player or DM who gave a shit.

>he isnt sponsored by a noble patrician

I usually try to spend enough to get whatever seems essential. This amount seems to change with every campaign I'm in.

I think I'm in the minority. Last group I was in would just charge dick first into everything without thinking or preparation. It was actually really frustrating.

damn that retard got BTFO hard

How much would it cost to have an illegitimate child raised by someone not-incompetent without having it easily traced back to you?
Asking for uh, a friend. And yes, I do mean in-game. Would that be henchman rules, or...

I think it would depend on by what you mean when you say "not-incompetent".

Drain your blood and become undead.

What may or may not have happened is that he seduced a noblewoman and they had a bit of a romance before she had a kid she didn't tell him about and handed it back off to her parents. He thought she had broken up with him and started a new romance, but then she came back after her pregnancy was over and tried to kill his new flame, but died to the defender. Not really his fault, but her parents are supremely pissed, especially because the kid has tiefling features.
It's complicated. He's evil, but he's also LE and it's still his kid.
He needs someone who isn't going to kill the kid or raise the boy to hate him and he's pretty sure his parents and new flame would go apeshit if they found out. A soldier, a member of his church, something.

I have Yugoloths speak a bastardised mash of both Infernal and Abyssal. Like how English just borrows foreign words wholesale. They're generally capable of speaking both fluently if needed, but between themselves they tend to switch between them on a sentence to sentence or even word to word basis depending on the context and tone that they're trying to express.

Would this be a cool mechanic for a magic item or too much to keep track of?

>This transparent bowstring is sharp to the touch. Whenever you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points with an arrow while using this bowstring, it gains 1 charge, up to a maximum of 14 charges. As an action, you can expend up to 10 charges and gain twice as many temporary hit points. The bowstring loses 5 charges every day at dawn.
>Bloodletting. When the bowstring is completely filled with blood, you can expend all 14 charges to cast Harm.

Spoilered bit wouldn't be readily apparent, it's something they would only learn when the bowstring has its maximum number of charges.

Unless you're deliberately designing fodder encounters, I don't see how it's ever going to get to 14 charges

I reduced the description a bit to post it here, but it also works with ranger spells like conjure barrage, lightning arrow and hail of thorns. So the AoE should help.

Another option is to drop the maximum number of charges to 6 and have every monster killed make a low DC Con save. On a failure, gain 1 charge. Also each charge would give 4 or 5 temp HP. And add a limit of Harm 1/day, which I already should do anyway.

So today was a long day of D&D for me. Due to the holidays and schedules of both players and DMs, it ended up being that today was the last time we'd play until the new year. So in the early afternoon I played in a friend's campaign as he ran us through Lost Mines of Phandelver. Had some fun, made a few mistakes but nothing too lethal (turned what was meant to be broken up encounters in one section of the module into one long, continuous fight). We all got out of it alive though and returned to town with plans to begin looking for the Lost Mine itself.

About an hour later I ran my homebrew campaign for a different group of friends, where they succeeded in stopping some Yuan-Ti from poisoning a major river and killing off several towns and villages downstream, and returning back to the main hub town to work with a beloved NPC to run the major crime lord out of the town after nearly getting said NPC killed on what amounted to a wild goose chase into a death trap.

But said crime lord ran away with basically a dozen different artifact types of magical items and is fucking pissed now, which will probably come back to bite them in the ass when they can least afford it.

Still, unless the party ranger(?) is literally the only damage dealer you've got, I doubt it's ever going to get above 4-5 charges a day

You could easily make it 'whenever a creature is reduced to 0 hitpoints with 30ft of you whilst you are attuned to this weapon'

>whenever a creature is reduced to 0 hitpoints with 30ft of you
I kinda like it, but I think then it'd be too easy to fill it up.

He's not the only damage dealer, but with sharpshooter and a +4 damage to humanoids, he kills a lotta shit. It's actually a bit of a running joke that he kill steals all the time, cause when a monster is at low enough health and decides to run away, he can pick them off at range.

Maybe change it to
>When you deal at least 1 damage to a creature with an arrow fired from this bow, the creature is marked for 24 hours. If a creature is reduced to 0hp while marked, this bow gains 1 charge, up to a maximum of 14 charges. The bow loses 1d6 charges each day at dawn as it's magic fades with the coming light.
>You can expend any number of charges from the bow in order to gain an amount of temporary hit points equal to twice the number of expended charges.
>Hidden property: When the weapon has 14 charges, you may expend all fourteen charges at once to cast the Harm spell. This property can only be used once per day.

The only issue I have with that is that I also wanted it to work with some ranger spells. In this case he could just Conjure Barrage over a large group of enemies (60ft cone is pretty fucking big) and then get all the charges when they die. If I did it the way you're suggesting I'd probably keep the Con save to gain charges.

Change it to have then only marked for one round? If they due to his shot, or die in the next combat round, he gets a charge.

In fairness, rangers get few enough spells and depending how you structure your encounters getting chance to drop a barrage covering fourteen or more enemies at once can be pretty rare. Why not just reward him for those times and let him get the thing fully charged? It's likely that the only way he'll get to 14 charges is to get there all at once anyway, and It's a cool reward for him to drop a huge barrage and his weapon to 'level up' from it and give him a cool new option.

Is the trove dead?

That's a nice suggestion
Ok, I get your point.

I'll keep all of what you anons said in mind. It will take a little while before the party runs into the bowstring, and right now they're about to dungeon delve. I'll try to keep track of how many things he manages to kill per day and use that as reference.

What are people's opinions of the guild adept program?

What would be good tenants for the Oath of Religiously Indoctrinated Secret Agents using Treachery as it's base mechanically?

Anybody with money I'd say.

Yes user you are witty and clever but not that kind of tenents you QUADRUPLE NIGGER.

I should have double checked my spelling.

The only problem I can see with it is that it makes pre-game negotiations about which character options are available a little more difficult by creating a semi-legitimate level of material between the official books and "my totally balanced homebrew".

Other than that, it's a good idea. Every enormous collection of material needs a curator system to help people find what they're looking for, or at least help filter out some of the shit.

>Religiously Indoctrinated Secret Agents
Obedience: always do what the boss says
Secrecy: don't let anyone know about your secret mission
Holy quest: the mission always comes first

rpg.rem.uz down for anyone else?

Yeah that's about what I had it boiled down to, that should just about cover everything.

Yes.

It's been down for over two days.

Any other working troves? Trying to grab Xanathar's.

I need to make some bandits and shit for today's session, does anyone know where I can find a blank npc sheet in the quick npc format?

What did he mean by this

Appendix B in Monster Manual?

My last GM ran a campaign that's almost word for word identical to your homebrew campaign, pretty weird.

I'm running two different parties in the same sandbox setting. Events from the one campaign will affect the other. It's pretty fun so far.

What are some worthwhile classes to pick for underdark? More so escaping up rather than going down.

Go along dwarf as rp fun of trying to get back home.

Everything as I gamble and invest.

I can trigger people better
youtube.com/watch?v=bfWLYt9IAcw

That Lionhead died before creating a PC port of Fable 2 will forever irritate me

Fable 2 is literally the only one I have any desire to play again, and now I never will. REEEEEEEE.

Does anyone have a place where I can get all the kobold press books? the trove really got nuked at the worst possible time

>Third party shitbrew

Probably not all of them, but you can try humblebundle.com/books/dungeons-monsters-dragons-books

Far from all of them I'm afraid, I'd still get it if I could but
my dosh is literally in the negatives right now
why did the trove had to get nuked reeeee

Fucking niggers, I hate 'em so much.

There, now please use a better one, before I wrest control of this goddamned series of threads from your cold, dead hands and deliver more pleasant OP images to the people like some kind of French revolutionary armed with a drum and a flag, you cashier of cocks.

Is there a torrent for all the dragon magazines? Fuck the idea of paying 4.50 for an old ass magazine. Maybe i'd pay $50-100 for every dragon magazine in existence

Good fucking luck.

I ask because rpg.rem.uz is down

Cold, dead hands.

Remember, I said "please."

I'm rolling a barb for an upcoming game, and I have a couple of questions:
>what vatiant human feat do you think would be nice (other than the power attack one I can't remember the name of)
>what's your favorite flavor of barbarian? I'm thinking bear myself, but I'm not 100% sure of what else is out tnere

Path of the Storm Herald is cool, and while I haven't played Ancestral Guardian, I intend to because I like shield Barbs from a flavor perspective.

Shield Master/Grappler/Tavern Brawler are all pretty good choices, depending on what you want to do with your character.

Shield Master I get, but why the other two?

Heavy armor master
While you are wearing heavy armor, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage that you take from nonmagical weapons is reduced by 3.

Is it x/3 or x-3?

x*.97

Grapple gives you some neat things to do while grappling, which raging already gives you advantage. You gain advantage on attack rolls vs what you have grappled without using Reckless Attack, and you can attempt to pin the creature you're grappling if you need it restrained.

Tavern Brawler is more a fluff choice, and fits Barbs who want to throw a lot of punches/use improvised weapons.

Tavern Brawler is more a fluff choice, some people like throwing punches

Wow, I need a nap.

x-3

>suggesting Grappler
>Ever
literally a waste of a Feat.

Resilient Wisdom can be useful if you have an odd wisdom score. It's a common save that casters will often use on the Barb for Hold Person, Command, etc.

Anons, what do you think about the new wave of 5th edition books from the Kobold Press? Are they any good?

Tome of Beasts has quite a lot of interesting monsters, although the CR for some can often be misleading (usually in that they are too difficult because they have a lot of HP).

I don't enjoy Kobold Press because it often tilts the balance upwards in the scales of power, and it reminds me too much of what became of 3.5.

For all the people asking for the trove, the megas link works but I'm guessing posting it would be a really stupid idea, would posting part of the link after / be enough or I need to make a pastebin or some shit?
How many layer of obfuscations are the rule to avoid removal?

replace the dot and a couple of the letters with sellings and you are golden for instance:

mega dot en zee...etc.

I really want to get a peek inside of that new Xanathar's Lost Notes thing. Some of the names look interesting.
>Background: Dead

It's at dmsguild.com/product/228484/Xanathars-Lost-Notes-to-Everything-Else?affiliate_id=282191 just in case you're wondering.

Anyone got it already? Any good? Got DL links?

k'
m3ga(DOT)nz (SLASH)#F!19ZwlB7J!2_05lFCkIV8F_rG-43qCfQ

Do this but with the snip link

$nip li (slash)WOTCTrove

Should I? I have only ever used Wizards stuff
humblebundle.com/books/dungeons-monsters-dragons-books

I don't get how this would avoid DMCA

It doesn't. But it makes it more of a chore.

Is an aura of protection fueled by Veeky Forums gestalt psychic field in a similar way as Ork technology

From the reviews I've read, reactions range from "these are neat concepts but the editing/formatting is sloppy" to "most of these subclasses fit into a niche that nobody was really looking to fill"

Seems meh, but gishfags would probably love it.

>Path of the Sacred Kin grants Barbarians Sorcerer spells a la Arcane Trickster and Eldritch Knightm and the ability to concentrate while raging (though raging supposedly loses some other benefits to compensate)

From that description sounds like all the AU stuff that didn't make it to the real book

It's not though, at least not at face value. UA is still from WotC, this is a collection of stuff that DMGuild's "Guild Adepts" have written. If WotC decides it's good enough, they might declare it AL legal.

Any of you tried the Yawning Portal dungeons? Opinions?

I read a quick review but it only mentioned the subclasses when I wanted to know about some of the other stuff.

Still, that sloppy editing seems pretty bad. Reminds me of reading through Hoard of the Dragon Queen - but at least they had the excuse of the core rules not being finalised when they wrote it.

Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury are my all time favorite ever since 3.0.

If a pregnant woman is hit by a Finger of Death spell, what happens to the unborn child?

A disintegrated creature and everything it is wearing and carrying, except magic items, are reduced to a pile of fine gray dust.

It drowns in amniotic fluid even if it counts as a separate creature, as a zombie is unlikely to be able to continue feeding it nutrients and oxygen.

>Finger of death
>Disintegrate

Finger of Death reanimates whatever it kills, not DISINTEGRATE. REANIMATE.

The child have full cover from any attack, like the intelligence devourer.

The baby wasn't the target of the spell and the zombie can nurture it so he just die

I could argue it gets reanimated as well as it counts as one target.

Unborn baby zombie could be a nice horror touch. They kill the woman and the creature burst forth from her belly!