/necg/ Necromunda General

Piranesi did Necromunda architecture first edition.

Free Fan Resources
yaktribe.games/community/vault/categories/necromunda.2/

Old Books (as in fluff, BL novels)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Actual old Necromunda rulebooks:
mega.nz/#F!oTREUCDZ!Ne5yp0H0ETOlNqd-uwOg2g

New Resources
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/11/ENG_Necromunda_Gangs_Of_Legend_Download.pdf
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/10/Necro_Roster_ENG.pdf

New Reference Sheet
necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/10/Necro_Ref_ENG.pdf

Underhive and Gangwar 1, kindly donated by Binderanon and a hitherto unnamed user (there's also a preview of Gang War 2 in there):
mega.nz/#F!F7AyAYTY!h9RuJLvAHUA8WC4hQEwIcw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RpHbLwzIla8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honestly i don't think Necromunda has enough of a community for its own general. At least not yet.

The new thread dies after a few days each time.

Leave it at that. Generals are all we have left (besides subtle /pol/ and assorted troll thread). Veeky Forums effectively stands for Tabletop General

The last couple threads all got archived because they ran over the post limit, not because they just died, so I'd say it's doing fine, at least for the moment. The rest depends on the release schedule - with a couple of months in between each gang war book, I could see the interest in the game waning somewhat, yeah. I feel like the 6 basic gangs just should have been included in the main book, but I can see why they wanted to release them with the models (hint hint chapterhouse hint hint).

So, starting a campaign soon. I was thinking about planning my trading post purchases.
Grappling hook looks insane or Goliath. Triple movement ignoring terrain. Was thinking to give it to my CC champions.
Mono sights for stub cannons seems really good too.

I'd say first order of business should be to grab some autoguns. Stub Cannons aren't necessarily bad, but Goliath gangs need some longer-ranged options apart from the grenade launcher, and without the Escher discount on them, lasguns don't really compare that well.

That's a good idea. Mono-sight or telescopic?

For the autogun, telescopic sight is actually sufficient, since it has (almost) the same benefit as the mono sight but is cheaper and easier to get. Also, you can later combine it with a las-projector for even more bonuses.
For the stub cannon, you obviously need a mono sight, as the telescopic sight does fuck all for it.

The problem really isn't lack of community. It's just that people have nothing to talk about because they are creatively bankrupt as tabletop gamers and can't come up with anything original so the threads revolve only around stuff gw spoonfeeds them, netlisting waacfaggotry and complaining about this or that.

That's exactly the kind of discussion i was looking forward too.
Heavy stubbers fuckign when?

You can only get one item per character doing the seek action, but as many commons as you want, right?

january with the orlock list (which is kinda shit in comparison to the variety that goliath/echer get)

Right now. Go ahead and look at the three million different rulesets regarding heavy stubbers and extrapolate.

There are rules for heavy stubbers in SWA for example. What is it with people needing to be spoonfed even when it comes to a "creative" hobby such as wargaming.

Oh yeah, and if you still find it too much work, lets throw in some extrapolation, its rare (7), has knockback and rapid fire, costs 70 creds. Find it too op? Adjust the price, rarity, range or all of them.

Forgot unwieldy

So here're just a few thoughts I had, I just played my first game of Necromunda (friend used Chaos Space Marine models as Escher, I used the Escher gangers). Old Necromunda rules, gang fight, 1000pts on each side.

All I have to say is the first turn, first model, first action in the shooting phase. Ganger fires her lasgun across the board.

>Roll 6 to hit
>Ammo roll fails
>Weapon explodes
>Wounds ganger
>Out of action
>Wounds opponent
>Down, Out of Action in the next recovery phase

I also spent two turns shooting at a ganger peeking in at a window (5+ with 3 people) without a single hit. The opposing ganger shot his first time, hit my juve but no wounds. Ran out of ammo with that shot. Rushed out into combat, got a shotgun to the face and died.

Oh, yeah. and my boss shot her laspistol against heavy cover, hit on a 6. The ganger gets pinned but it's only a flesh wound. We remember the rule for falling if you get pinned. The ganger falls down and gets wounded again, another flesh wound. The ganger then throws a grenade but critfails and throws the grenade into a crack on the floor, which causes seismic tremors until the end of the game.

All in all, it was a blast. The game should have ended on turn 3 due to a failed bottle roll (opponent had 2 gangers out and 1 down out of 10), but we decided to keep going. I failed my own bottle test on turn 3, but we played two turns more and then decided that we know the rules well enough now and can stop. Shooting isn't as useless as it first seems, combat is really brutal and should not be attempted unless you're sure about what you're doing.

Also, I realized that Necromunda gangs are easy conversions/counts-as. The way I figure is

Goliath/Escher: New GW plastics
Orlock: New GW plastics (soon)
Cawdor: Dark Vengeance chaos cultists
Delaque: Genestealer Neophyte cultists
Alongside an assortment of IG models (Catachans would work well as Goliaths)

Also: New goliaths are HUGE. Balance issue for cover?

>Balance issue for cover?

>GW game
>"balance"

Anybody have good ideas for outlander gangs with 2017 rules? Ratskins or scavvies are the only factions that really appeal to me

Yep, since buying common items is not part of the "seek rare item" action.

If you want to make it available to Escher and Goliath, the only thing you need to come up with is a rarity value. Everything else is already in the "Gangs of Legend" rules. Based on the rarity of the generally available combat shotgun and grenade launcher, I'd say rarity 7 or 8 is appropriate.

I'm working on a conversion of Spyrers, since I always like them most, but they're admittedly simpler to convert than the other outlander gangs, since you pretty much just have to adapt their stats a bit, everything else about them is mostly static anyways.

Are you going to invent more rig patterns for them?

So from reading the rules, it seems as if you can have a MAX of 3 weapons on a model, is this true?
You can buy a combi-weapon but no normal bolter.
Bolt pistols have rules, but I can't see a way of buying them.
I am not 100% up to date with what happening, but I am guess that with more rules coming out, we will get a random table for equipment?

It's a bit of a bummer that there's no official outlands book on the release schedule as we know it. Hopefully they release WD rules or a book after gang war 4 if NM is still alive by then. My only worry is that GW might be too leery of the internet mob to make native american expys in ratskins. Either way I'm planning on converting this guy into a scout. Anybody familiar with the new rules, would Eschers be a good counts-as for a ratskins gang?

what's wrong with the Ratskins? they're the sanest folk in the underhive

People upset about appropriation. I don't want to ruin another fucking thread with this shit but sometimes people don't look into the context of something before deeming it racist and fit only to burn Ratskins are my favorite little part of the bizzaro wild-west-medieval setting of NM and I'd really like for them to be on the same page as the rest of the new rules. CE Necromunda is great but I really love alternating activations.

Not in the beginning, no. Want to get the rules down first and balance those before I get crazy.

Yep, 3 weapons max, with unwieldy counting as 2. Boltguns and bolt pistols can only be bought by Gangs of Legend at the moment, but I suppose they'll end up in the trading post sooner or later - for now, RaW the only way to get them is to trade with a gang who has access to them for one of their captured fighters. Note that it's not enough to capture a fighter who has that equipment, as you don't get to keep/use captured fighters' stuff.

>My only worry is that GW might be too leery of the internet mob to make native american expys in ratskins.
GW just updated the blatantly homosexual and native american themed Dark Angels

From my understanding Necromunda and Blood Bowl are considered to be some of the "better balanced" GW games? I've played a lot of BB and think it's fairly balanced save for a few things (some of which are intentionally unbalanced, such as Halflings), though with Necromunda my knowledge is pretty theoretical.

Had to have a good discussion with my friend before the game since his idea was "I'll take a leader and as many juves as possible since melee overwhelming rules are broken", and I just said "ok fine, then I won't play." and he made a less spergy list. Of course, he hasn't played other GW games so I'm not sure how he "knew" that rule was broken. Or how "ammo rolls ruin the game" before he hadn't ever played the game. After playing, his attitude changed though. Less sperging, more playing. Works every time.

Power hammer or Renderizer on the Leader?

>Implying other chapters aren't at least latently homosexual as well
Also, the native american shtick of dark angels doesn't really exist anymore and hasn't for at least 5 years, it's been replaced by muh edgy and muh plasma

Not saying that Ratskins couldn't be done right, but as-is they are explicitly the native americans/indian savages of the setting.

Was also real weird re-reading Kal Jerico and seeing him call Scabbs a filthy halfbreed repeatedly.

Space Marine Scouts as Enforcers Y/N?

Their proportions are awful. Models are too old. Get a box of Scions and heads from skitarii vanguard.

yeah, change their heads to dredd style helmets

Or... Just use the scions as-is?

>TFW a third party seller already has a new Arbites model but GW doesn't.

Still waiting on those rules. :/

They're not going to be out for ages. Give making house rules a shot, pop them online?

I'm personally thinking armored undersuit to bump up the saves on my leader and champions.

>trying too hard - The post.

As promised, here's my first take at creating some houserules for playing Spyrer gangs in the new Necromunda ruleset. I had to eyeball some things (mental stats, obviously, as well as some other stuff that doesn't translate directly to the new rules), so apologies if some things seem under- or overpowered. As stated in the file, I will perform playtesting of these rules and also invite any and all anons on this site to do the same and report their findings. I very much intend to update this file until we have found a balanced conversion that enables us to play one of the (in my opinion) coolest and most characterful gangs in Necromunda.
Thoughts and feedback obviously (very) welcome!

To be fair that kind of gang structure doesn't work nearly as well in Newcromunda as you have to take a ganger for every leader/champion/juve.

I suppose it's still possible to spam minimally equipped models to get a big headcount but now that appreciably decent shooting/melee special weapons can be bought from the start that does temper it somewhat.

Why? The Arbites were only ever good for campaign enders.

Holy shit, we already know that you're going to be waiting until 2019 for that, will you please stop posting.

What do you mean?

is there any way to get the blank character cards without the set?

Gang tactic card have blank card.

Or just print the shit.

This is probably a common question, but is there a "standard" Escher starting loadout? I'm more into the modeling side than the gaming side, but I'd like to build a gang that isn't awful.

Lasgun ganger.

Autopistol Juve

Bolter Leader/Champ

The Cheap Shotgun is also a great choice for ganger, but not as great as 5 credit lasgun. so don't get too much shotgun.

Autogun is also a great choice, but same principle for the Shotgun applied, don't get too much or you'll missed out the economic advantage of Escher.

Autopistol is the best weapons for Juve, Both in CC and shooting.

Obviously Leader and Champ loadout are very flexible and up to you decide. 2 Autopistol Champ is not bad. Try to avoid unreliable and expensive weapon like Plasma pistol or Chem thrower early, Get choke gas grenade if you want some gas attack.

Good tactics for the two starter gangs in Underhive?

Goliath : bull rush and charge.

Esche : spam gas attack and hope somebody go out because of it.

>choke gas grenade
Does Chem-Synth work with grenades?

Yes

Forgot some things (like splitting the available skills between primary and secondary), I'll take care of those later today.

Only got a chance to skim through, but looks pretty good. Thanks user. You're killing my backlog tho, now I may have to do a spyrer gang too...

So are arbites/enforcers just your normal, everyday hiver or are they sort of brainwashed into being cruel, killing machines? Do they families? Do they feel bad for killing people? Do they enjoy their jobs?

I want to know how to incorporate them somehow into our campaign without misrepresenting them.

arbites are trained from early age, sent to a different world from home planet, loyalty to Imperium, their job is to keep an aye on the government and making sure that tithes are met, mutants etc repressed and that the governor doesn't go renegade.

Arbites are all equipped to the same high standard across the board.

Enforcers are just your basic cops, their equipment varies depending on culture/who pays their bills.

Enforcers are just your regular police force, pretty much the same as everyone (for 40k levels of everyone, of course), but arbites are pretty hardcore - think Dredd levels of not giving a fuck about regular people. As has been pointed out, the ones represented in necromunda are far more likely to be enforcers than arbiters though.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up! So I assume Enforcers would just be the 40k equivalent of our common day law enforcement, just swapping out 1911's for bolt pistols and batons for shock whips?

>5 years
I started 10 years ago and Dangles had lost their Native American vibe by then, friendo. I'd even say they haven't been Native American for at least 20 years.

pretty much, but they keep the shock maul, as pointed out in the fluff, necromunda enforcers are patterned heavily after arbites in part to steal some of their rep.

Cool! Thanks for the help guys! Wanna try and get a team to occasionally enter mid-scenario and force the gangs competing to either bottle the second they arrive or try to fight them for a chance at special loot.

That's why I said "at least". I started over 10 years ago as well, but I was a stupid teen back then and didn't pay much attention to fluff, so I opted for a conservative estimate instead. But yeah, the native american thing is long gone by now.

Sounds like a cool idea, and it circumvents the problems with trying to run enforcers as a regular gang. Do post your homebrew rules once you've written them down, would be interesting to see what you come up with.

I'll make sure to! I've got some "neutral enemy" rules in the works, but if the campaign proves to be enjoyable with them I'll write up some proper ganger rules and post em' here.

Just play with the old rules.

Fuck drip feeding out rules.

BAMP

Ever since OG necromunda was a thing i was phantasizing about a goth chick esher gang.
I quit 40k ages ago because all the time and money sunk into it kind of depressed me.
Fingers are aching for dremel, paint and greenstuff.

Well, time to knock yourself out, enjoy!

So for Enforcer rules, would people prefer it to act like a normal gang but be more elite, or would you prefer something more interesting/dynamic like the old Enforcers?

>eg. You start off with bs+4 gangers but their gear is amazing/expensive and you can still recruit guys
>Alternatively, start off with bs+3 gangers with pre-set loadouts that have skills and such, but once they die you can't recruit anymore Enforcers, similar to the OG Necromunda.

all my stuff is still in my hometown
have to wait until christmas to get it

youtube.com/watch?v=RpHbLwzIla8

sticking **** in crazy, those were the times :)

Enforcers should be just like Oldmunda Enforcers

a borderline OP, defiantly unbalanced, gang for the Campaign Arbitrator, that doesn't have to worry about the postgame (beyond getting effectively instant free replacements for troopers who've racked up untenable injuries)

they aren't supposed to be a Player Gang

I'm hoping the Orlocks and such are scaled properly with 40k.

So the GSC and Chaos Cults don't look super out of place.

If anything I feel like the Goliaths and Escher don't fit the Orlocks and other 40k proportions.

both GSC and chaos cultists are bigger than most older human sculpts.
The Necromunda minis even bigger from what I can tell.
And AoS definitely isn't 28mm anymore.

The scale screep is real.
But there really never was anything in 40k that even scaled properly within itself. Not between armies or even between infantry and vehicles.

As long as your gang is internally consistent who cares.

>"when can I play Enforcers?" the thread

State of you. Did you even play this the first time around and know why they only ever got their rules in Fanatic magazine?

Necromunda minis are insanely huge. Bigger than a Bloodreaver.

>The Necromunda minis even bigger from what I can tell.
>Necromunda minis are insanely huge. Bigger than a Bloodreaver.

Oldcromunda or Newcromunda? Because the Newcromunda stuff is definitely sculpted to more realistic proportions. Sure, my Escher girls are taller than Marines, but that extra height comes from heels and hair.

Newcromunda, obviously. And yes, proportions are much better. Even if you compare a bloodreaver, who's almost as tall and as new, it's waistline is located much lower and head is much bigger.

It's kind of the Deathkorps of Krieg situation. The models are okay proportion-wise - at least the Escher ones - but they are a full head taller than everything else.

But as I said even, GSC are bigger than marines these days.

This a good start or nah?

They are literally Judge Dredd.

You see the occasional nod towards it (a few feathers and other ornaments on the Dark Vengenace terminators), but by and large it's slipped away. Which is a shame, given that the Dark Angels recruit from numerous worlds. Maybe the Plainsworld got fully genestealered and had to be burned?

As said, they shouldn't be a regular gang. They're not going to be interested in setting up downhive and fighting for turf, and they're usually too well equipped to offer a fair fight for gangers.

Orclocks are meant to have some compatibility with the GSC neophytes kit, so I imagine that they're a similar scale to modern human miniatures.

Looks reasonable. I'm guessing this would be used for a player run "gang," like a task force dispatched downhive to clean up the sector?

Oh sweet, someone replied just before I was about to head off to bed.

Yeah pretty much. Basically you start off the campaign with 1 leader, 4 champs and 5 gangers, each of them are armed to the teeth and wanna clean house in the underhive.

They are ridiculously armed, but because of the gang rating difference, opponents will at least get something in return for being underpowered. If they're clever or lucky enough, capturing and selling just your average Enforcer ganger nets you around 235 credits for your gang, whilst netting the leader himself nets your gang a sweet 405 credits, making sure that it can net you back any losses while dealing a huge blow to the Enforcer player.

How does the 5 trooper limit work with the existing scenarios? I don't have them in front of me, but I remember that one or two give each gang a flat 6 fighters. Might be worth addressing those, since I'm guessing 5 enforcers vs 6 gangers will go very badly for the latter.

Most of the scenarios start off like that, but they have reinforcements that come on as the game progresses. The only one that doesn't is the Ambush Scenario, which I might sneak in a rule like "You can only take 3 Enforcers for this mission" or something similar. Thanks for the heads up though, that would have slipped under the radar.

I'll work on it more tomorrow, but I've got the basic set up on my computer, just gotta format it and shit. Anyway, I'll catch you guys later.

Does anyone know if the new Necromunda bulkheads and doors combo well with GW's terrain ranges?

You can use it to support other platform.....There're no door in 3d game.

Otherwise they're only semi compaple with FW Zone Mortalis.

and if you're dropping FW money on a Mortalis board you might as well get the doors properly designed for it

>Denied Access
Seems awfully harsh for a campaign gang; an unlucky Enforcers squad could get tabled early on and have no fighting chance. Do they get a juve equivalent (rookie)? Maybe make it so replacements after the first game can only be rookies?

orlock heads/bodies will also by interchangeable with chaos cultists.

To be fair goliaths use insane amounts of growth hormones...and escher are the ones that supply them ironically, if anyone is going to be hueg in necromunda, it's them.

How come there's no profile for Brute Cleaver in the Gang War book? And Spud Jacker? Everything else is in there.

The rules weirdness in both books has no end. Hoping for an official faq/errata soon.

I don't know, it's quite confusing. It's in Underhive for sure.

The Heavy Stubber can be found in the Legacy Gangs PDF, I'm currently looking at making a conglomerated book that contains GW, Underhive and Legacy Gangs but the file size is getting humouhumungungous.

Unrelated, but what do people think of the Trading Post wargear and weapon attachments?

They should be able to recruit bounty hunters. That's kind of a police theme.

Source?

Really good. You want to grab as many as you can afford from the very start. Infra-sights/mono/telescopic for shooters, grapnels for melee, undershirt armor for leaders and champs.

I just finished mi champion combi-bolter conversion. The arms that i used were from the autogun.

Pretty cool, now drill your barrel.

I've got a game coming up next weekend and only finished two gangers so far. Welp, I might be in for a few all nighters this week.