/anrg/ - Android netrunner general

>Core 2.0 Edition
Core 2.0 goes on sale on the 14th, and an early copy means all the arts have been revealed - some winners, some losers, some re-used, but this is what the future core looks like

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>How to play Android: Netrunner (TeamCovenant)
youtube.com/watch?v=vvRwynAp5tI&list=PLmHifZPFC_JvQZA4qgdAQEarHAJKjkbhA

>Where to play it online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

Try "Why I Run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>More Resources, blogs, podcasts
pastebin.com/rRDjAUxN

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/LLQpg
sendspace.com/file/bl18xl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All cards with new art
imgur.com/a/LLQpg

Stimhack really misses something in this new one.

Also last thread was really short, we can do better than that!
We don't have to resort to posting NSFW MaxX fanart do we?

Its nice that some of the awesome AAs are getting reused, even if not in their Glorious full bleed versions.

So, which cards would one be more likely to use due to upgraded artwork?

>conveniently angled

>We don't have to resort to posting NSFW MaxX fanart do we?

Of course we don't. Of course...

I kinda like Assimilator. But then I have a thing for the more abstract pieces in general (yum that old alt-art Crypsis. Really wish thy used that one for 2.0).

Thanks for the art post.

Hmmm... who's that on Armitage Code Busting? Blackat user?

Didn't get what you meant at first...the change is nice I think, actually.

The little girl looks like she is tripping balls.

Looks nice, which Kitara pack is that from again?

Given the severely reduced box size compared to the original full bleed, its better to have it as such rather then have parts of it cut off as it were.

>the things we do for

Sovereign Sight - the very first pack if I'm not mistaken.

Can’t wait to see the full bleed version of the new Ichi when the latest champ decks are available.

Long time project right right here...

Really looking forward to Kitara for the new virus plays... Something sad to the idea Gorman Drip v1 and Acacia won't belong to the same pool.

Hopefully there would be something nice for reg crims from the first pack onwards, even if they are nerfed core 1.0 cards.

Acacia seems better out of Anarch so far in 2.0 to me. Pheromones is a fun target. Aumakua while it lasts. I wonder about rebuilding some R&D focused deck using Chakana with it...

Anarch proper have what? Darwin - to which the time/turns is a bigger issue than the money, Incubator, which by itself kinda lacks good targets for now, Virus Breeding ground... I guess they do have the numbers of targets at least.

Suckers are still decent, and God of War can build up pretty quickly, though if you're manually removing the tags you'll only be breaking even with one Acacia.

It would probably be great with that rumoured ‘tick-up’ parasite in the same cycle, assuming it uses virus tokens as well.

Call back to last thread, but between eXer and Bhagat I'm thinking there's something interesting to be done with Keung.

>Suckers are still decent

Yeah, but they're not something you ever want to see go high in counters. You want to put them to use and just float enough to be of use newt optimally.
God of War is one I'm not sure what to make of, especially in those builds that only use it to accrue tags.

>Was going to post the general.
Do you think new core set will generate interest in the game?

Hopefully, not that it will matter for my meta. It ain't exactly advertised, and competitive card games are super niche here. What few players are there are divided among 4 or 5 games with some small overlap.

Best reference/ shout out in the game?

It is kind of a shame Netrunner isn’t being pushed as aggressively as, say for instance, L5R.

Of all the games, Android doesn’t have an external fan base as such to power it, and so would really need extra help just to catch up with established compatriots.

‘suckers are pretty good with the conspiracy breakers, and it’s quite prudent (and possible) to have a healthy stock of tokens, giving the corp a catch-22 in deciding whether to bother even purging.

Posting more 2.0 artworks.

>as blue as her native faction

>all the eyeballs

>green career fair

I don't think so. Not here at least. Fractionating of the player base has been consolidating.
People still play though. That's the one sliver of hope.

Not sure about that blue filter on the card.

So many yet I'm drawing a blank right now. Coffee time I guess.

I love that one.

>A Dinosaurus barely alive.
>Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic dino!

Same. I do like Archer's one, though that might be because Kenny Loggins has been on at work

>and now, Showtime!

I like that one as the Maker's Eye.

Question I hadn't considered - don't think I ever had a case when it would make a huge difference, but still: when the runner derezzes a sentry using Flashbang, the corp *can* rerez it immediately if it has the money, right?

No.
You see, for Flashbang to interact with ICE it needs to be during the encounter.
The Corp can't rez the ice out of the approaching phase.
And here people might correct me if I'm wrong but I think once you derez the ICE with Flashbang the window the Runner is in immediately closes and passes to the next step.

As someone who's been super hype for Friday Chip, Imp and Suckers seem like strong targets. I actually got a little frustrated that Suckers make more sense than Pheromones in a Kim HQ targeting deck. Otherwise, you can still go full Hive mind, which makes Gorman drips just silly.

>Hive mind
Gonna be scary with Friday

Hmm, will have to check the old TMI ruling and the ability to indefinitely re-rez as long as cash allows.

I'm still sold on Friday Chip/Gravedigger.

He's correct, there are no rez windows available for the corp during an encounter, only during approach. The TMI ruling works because it's during the approach, if for some reason you rez it outside of an approach (maybe with one of the multi-rez cards) and it gets derezzed, then you wouldn't be able to rerez it.

As someone who kept trying to make Darwin/Hive mind decks work, I'm stoked to see virus support again.

The clicks scare me off a bit. I see a few ways it could work, but I always hated the DLR style of mill.

>I'm still sold on Friday Chip/Gravedigger.

Gravedigger looks good at first glance but it only gains counters when trashing installed cards and the ability forces the corp to trash a card which doesn't trigger Friday Chip. So you still need to have Imp in the mix or use Kim or something to guarantee that Friday Chip is stocked (though against asset spam you're all good).

But sure, once you've got 3 Friday Chips down on the table and you can guarantee a trash each turn you've got a slightly weaker version of DLR.

>you've got a slightly weaker version of DLR.

Id' say a mill variation that is playable yet isn't so oppressive as to make the other player leave the table on sight is something pretty desirable in and off itself.

I wasn't suggesting that it was bad thing. With this new setup you need to run in order to keep the engine going which is what I felt DLR lacked.

I think DLR was supposed to be played like this:
Runner:
>Run central/get tagged
>Install DLR
>Mill
>Mill
>Maybe Joshua B click: Mill
Corp, assuming broke:
>Credit
>Credit
>Trash DLR

And this is why nobody played it back then. Too small reward, too big risk, very anarch.
The combo made it too degenerate.

Coffee time is not showing up on the database?

I just thought of something.

>God of War
>DLR
>Crash Space

3 clicks of mill per turn and then 1 click to remove the tag (for free thanks to crash space). No need to protect DLR, no danger of imminent death. Just 3 cards off the top of R&D every single turn.

Painkiller won against coffee today.

Thinking of references., was thinking earlier: wouldn't that The Shadow reference on, well, Shadow, have made more sens on a NBN card?

Only works if you play in a pre-rotation set up though. It's hard to get the lay of the land these days.

Best Defence was/is pretty common at that time, so that won’t last long either.

Gotta say, the new special order artwork looks both appropriate and better at the same time.

Bit of a shame there are no reg crims around to take advantage of that.

Curious, why would requiring runs make DLR weaker? I guess it's less clicks spent trashing RnD, but if they get enough credits then getting into servers wouldn't really be a problem.

I think what user meant is that the new set up has more robust fail-saves forcing interaction between runner and corp. The runner can't run once and then ignore the other player as much as possible as with the late DLR set up.
Which is better for the game.

Still likely to be longer than the one turn it was supposed to stay on once active.

does core 2.0 fix the less-than-3-copies-of-cards issue? I've held off on this game in the past because that practice feels kinda insulting, but the game looks fun

There are still one ofs (and I think there are more than before). I think there are less two of though. So you don't end up with two playsets of as many non-staples by purchasing the third box.

If it's any consolation, not *all* of the Netrunner cards in core 2.0 are 1-ofs, it has vastly superior deckbuilding opportunities using a single core compared to any other LCG (not sure about the LotR LCG), and there are plenty of players who never even buy a *second* core since they can either proxy or borrow the cards that they need.

I also wonder how the 1st and 2nd cycle data packs are priced now post-rotation, if it's significantly cheaper then buying those for a full set is probably a good option too.

Frankly, there is a reasonable mix of 1/2/3-offs in the box, which is enough to force interesting deck building choices especially if going forward to Cache Refresh format where only 1 core is allowed anyway.

The dev's argument is "card variety, price, full playsets: choose two". If they made it 3x of all the cards, the set would cost like 60 or 70, worse for casuals but better for competitive. And Netrunner has a large casual market.

A Core Completion set not existing is just greed though.

Or put the missing cards in a cheap pack.

>Or put the missing cards in a cheap pack.
That's the core completion set I was talking about, yes.

Nothing against the idea (would love to have a full set of new-TME), but with the number of cards involved in a ‘completion’ set (assuming getting all non-IDs to 3), it would be more like a big box rather then just a pack.

Probably. I just want it to exist in any form.

Any word yet on when the new core set is gonna ship?

They are releasing on the 14th in the US.

At least its in time for the Xmas season.

>not Liberating Accounts instead

We'd just get more "Kim on a blue card" complaints that way. Though the story that gets produced from combining the two card would be pretty cool.

Meh, more cross faction appearances would actually be interesting, since the factions don't exist in a vacuum after all.

>appeared in every Corp Champion deck from the beginning

>another all-Champion card from the start

Against all odds too. Thanks god for those daring entrepreneurs willing to give awkward cards their chance.

This is great to have on the phone

So, I hear little miss Caprice is back on some scrumptious 2.0 box art auguring well for the future?

Cool vade-mecum.

Apparently she's trying to legally get away from Jinteki too, though not sure if the guy that mentioned it has a source.

Would be fun to see her come back as a runner card. Exploring the porosity between the two sides using rotation/2.0 as a narrative hook could work very well.

She is probably too integral a part of the Android universe to be ‘retired’, but who knows how her story will develop.

Thing is, even if she tried to do so, the Chairman has her sisters hostage and will strongly discourage her from continuing. Unless things take a grimmer turn of course.

So now that store champ season is on, how is everyone doing so far?

I don't know there's some interesting tension point between the need to meet the demand of the NAPD customer and beat the HB competition while not going too strongly against Jinteki's own interests.

Don't do store champs myself, organizing the club end of year event hasn't been helped by Christmas being on a Sunday this year but this week end it is. On the plus side, mini new year's eve event with friends is a go.

With Core 2.0 right in time for the holidays (more or less), perhaps a core only event would be nice to have, if only for a sense of nostalgia.

Would buying core 2.0 get you more than 3 Copys of a card?
Any published fiction?
Thoughts on proxying cards?

>Would buying core 2.0 get you more than 3 Copys of a card?
Not if you only buy 1 and don't have the old core or any cards of the first two cycles, no. Given that it is an asymmetric game, decks for both sides don't share cards, so you don't need 4x neutrals like in L5R or AGOT.

Assuming whoever she's working with could back her up with repercussions if Jinteki harms her sisters, it might not be too farfetched.

>Any published fiction?
A fair amount, check the FFG pages.

>Thoughts on proxying cards?
I encourage it myself for any LCGs, though its always odd that it isn't pushed more by the community. If players are expected to always have the full card pool, proxying shouldn't be a problem.

Proxying just for casual settings (up to GNKs) shouldn’t be much of an issue, especially for new players. It’s a bit ifffy at store champs (being a slightly more fancy GNK essentially), but anything higher is a no-go.

For Caprice, public knowledge of her ‘sisters’ is virtually non-existent, and they are still considered property at best, a non-issue for the vast majority of real people. That said, if she can defect to a certain powerful organisation what previously bankrolled a pro-Clone liberation movement, who knows what secrets she can inadvertently unleash.

If Caprice is the 'third' of her name, one wonders what happened to her 'older' sisters?

>as featured on the latest store champ mats

I'm going to get accusations of forcing my yearly core-only playtime on everyone. Totally worth it.

Locally we solved the problem by having a dedicated card pool to be lent to those that lack some cards. In general I have nothing against proxy-ing though. What matters is that people can play together.

They escaped and lived happily ever after.

As for the general Caprice conversation, I was more thinking of cases were Jinteki might not come perfectly clean in an investigation, but not enough that failing against the HB competition in the NAPD contract is worth pulling the plug on it. Cases where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
I think I'll use that in the "disposable clone" campaign.

It would be quite an interesting challenge to play with a limited pool. Bonus points if limited to just 1 core.

>at least the alt art looks better.

Is everyone happy with current MWL?

Or would you change something?

More cards need to be on it. Can't remember which rn, but a whole bunch.

Sad to say I don't have enough games under my belt under current meta to have a strong opinion on the list. It's solid I think.

Still funny to see Inversificator on restricted. You either make it an Ankusa and hardly anyone plays it or you cost it like a normal card and it becomes oppressive, I guess.

Would you say the books are good? The lore seems interesting.
I mean would I end up with 6 hedge funds?

6 Hedge funds is not necessarily a bad thing to have if you're planning on building more than one deck at a time.

As for the books, there are ups and down, but most I've read were at least serviceable. I've enjoyed my time with them. Check the pastebin in the op for the Worlds of Android link if you haven't, I'll see what I can do for a few other books.
I seem to remember FFG having first chapters available online on their site in the meantime.

Free Fall is essentially a novelisation of
the original board game, which is not too bad if you want some of the technical details of the background universe.

Strange Flesh is about some journalist who managed to find some...inconvenient dirt on the Chairman of Jinteki. She eventually makes a deal (via Noise) with said devil to bury that just to survive. Alright novel I guess.

Haven’t read the others yet, although the novellas aren’t too bad from what I hear.

Also, yes 2 cores would mean 6 hedge funds. The list of contents can be found on the FFG page somewhere.

Here, the handful of books I have on hands, should let you get an idea:
sendspace.com/file/bl18xl

Does mopus deserve to be there? It doesn't really seem as meta-bending as some of the other cards.

It's a conversation that's been going on since its addition. One big issue is the general slow down of the 2.0 game.
Magnum Opus has always been an incredibly strong card, the only thing that made it fall on the wayside for a while was the insane click-efficiency the runner could manage to get - making money, drawing while all while running - and how fast the corps had to get to with FA to evade the more-or--less passive remote camping enabled in no small par by MO itself.
With changes to the card pool making the game slower again, MO's value goes right back up, and it being a bit too efficient at building the infamous runner inevitability can definitely be a problem.

DDoS is probably way too strong to remain unrestricted, but it seems to not be that popular oddly enough. Maybe people just forgot about it after putting it in their binders after the previous MWL?

They could've also made it a bird suite type thing and paid an extra cost for the ice swap. The issue was probably more that it's a better Gordian Blade, a program which is basically the gold standard for decoders, so there's no reason (besides influence) not to use it.

>Breaking News!.avi

First pack of Kitara expected to be available on the 28th of December!

If the not-account siphon is out in the next pack and is both usable AND splashable, the reds are going to be more prominent and would happily abuse DDoS again.

Woot! Right before end of the year.

I'm always very conflicted about DDOS.
It's kinda like with the Inversificator/Ankusa comment up there. There was Cortez Chip, which was basically it single server for zero creds if/when you knew how to play it, but again hardly anyone bothered. Too much finesse - expose or good guesswork needed. So they went back to the drawing board and went heavy-handed, for a monster of card.

Though I have to say, DDOS is less of a problem in metas that play very ICE-heavy. So there was that kinda funny to me complaint from people that played ICE-lite decks about DDOS being too strong, which it was because everybody was leaving ICE play on the way-side for decks (often asset-spammy ones) that were just as derided from the other side of the table...