Is it just me, or does Wotc know the player base for MTG is waning...

Is it just me, or does Wotc know the player base for MTG is waning, that's why they came out with literal normie tier pirates vs dinosaurs lmao xDDD themed set?

I've never thought I'd see literal dinosaurs in MTG one day. Literally pandering to the lowest denominator.

This spam is getting really old. Have mods started deleting the threads yet?

>topics that doesn't sing praises about MTG is now haram on Veeky Forums

I didn't know we've become /r/magictcg

No one is singing their praises, but bitching and moaning about numagic is an eight year trolling effort that has never not been dumb and boring.

All of the new (or "nu" if you were/are in special ed) MtG threads are thinly disguised attempts for /pol/ to shove its values down or throats

Why did it ever become a thing to hate things for the primary reason that many other people like it? I don't understand. I don't really give a fuck about pirates or dinosaurs (vampire conquistadors and merfolk incans are cool as shit though, and personally I find the actual lore of the Sun Empire to be interesting), but I dont see it as a negative that other people like them. If we go with the premise that its pandering, what exactly is wizards supposed to do, make sets out of things most people DON'T like?

Magic is dying. And thank god. There hasn't been a decent set since Tarkir, and even that was rather lame. Theros had decent mechanics. I would say Battle for Zendikar is where Magic completely jumped the shark. Now with all this political controversy, and the fact that they are cutting blocks down to a single set to jew the community as much as possible, I can see Magic the Gathering as a sponge full of water that has been almost entirely squeezed out by the greedy hands of Hasbro. As long as good goys like you all keep buying the cards, the game will survive. But that's changing. Their playerbase (the real playerbase, not the normoniggers who buy 1 to 2 packs for their spawn for Christmas) is dying out. Magic will survive on casual play for a while. But honestly? The sets are shit mechanically, constantly coming out with new keywords and then abandoning them forever. They are rapidly filling their design space. It's been years since they put out a Modern-viable card.... at least, one that they didn't ban 8 seconds later because it would ruin Jund players' deck combos or whatever shit, and they autistically screeched on social media until they got their way. And like any good company, Wizards of the Coast (with Hasbro leering overhead pulling their strings and desperately trying to keep the tip of its nose from leaking onto the stage) has been supporting whatever the fuck the community wants, no matter how retarded it is. Ban some YouTube guy because he said something mean toward a precious pussy? Sure! Put traps on the cards to show how progressive they are? Sure. Make absolute trash sets over and over, and make them so fast that non-competitive players hardly have a break or chance to get into them? Sure. Magic is a cash cow that is fast burning itself out. The game is trying to compete with autistic shit like Hearthstone. It will die soon, and hopefully it will die with some shred of its dignity remaining.

Probably not, though.

>I've never thought I'd see literal dinosaurs in MTG one day

>mfw they've been around since Alpha

Saved

This pasta's too thick.

It's not pasta you stupid autistic. Try reverse-searching it. Nothing.

That's pasta you autistic twat. Learn what it is before making stupid comments.

That makes it worse then.

Its is now

nice pasta

It's not you moron, because I fucking typed it a couple hours ago.
>someone writes something longer than 3 sentences
>it has to be a pasta because everyone must be lazy like me
okay.

>It's not pasta you stupid autistic

Holy shit that's hilarious

You took the time to type that all out?

You typed it, people copied it, and now they will paste it

It's pasta

>someone writes something longer than 3 sentences
>it has to be a pasta because everyone must be lazy like me

No, we just aren't autistic.

>It's been years since they put out a Modern-viable card
what the fuck am I reading

>tarkir
>decent

Went too hard out of the gate imo

I say we bring back manaburn, and remove planeswalkers. That'll fix mtg completely.

Removing mythic rarity would be better than removing planeswalkers.

They had effective mythic rarity before, it just wasnt distinguishable from a rare.

Yeah, get rid of that shit, make all cards of a certain rarity equally likely.

The reason it exists is due to a printing thing iirc. It wasnt necessarily on purpose.

The only reason I can think of is being unwilling to let part of a print sheet go unused for when there aren't enough rares to fill it up all the way.
Which is a stupid excuse, WotC can afford to let some cardboard go unused.

I dont remember. It was explained in an atticle. That sounds about right. And i disagree with that. Would rather have more cards even if some are rarer.

The power scaling between rares/mythics and every other card is retarded.

Of course, its mostly an artifact of the main method of direct sale being pack-cracking. Gotta put better cards at higher rarities so people need to rip open more packs.

They can afford to, perhaps. But why should they?

I disagree, mythic rares are too fucking expensive, especially considering how many of them are used in constructed play of all types (save for pauper, naturally).

If mythicd werent expensive, something else would be. The demand has to go somewhere. Cards dont magicslly grt cheaper if mythic didnt exist. In a way, mythics actuslly help with this, since very important pieces like rare nonbasic colorfixing lands, become more common thanks to mythics, meaning they are easier to get.

Are you an idiot? If these highly valued cards become rares, and become more common, their price will go down.
The demand for these cards is constant, so if the supply goes up, the price will drop. Doubling the supply of a given mythic by making it a regular rare probably isn't going to cut the price literally in half, but it will do a good job of reducing the price.

Not true. Ypu will still have 20, 30, 40 dollar rares even if there were nonmythics. Stores hace x amount of money they spend on magic. If the value of some part isnt recouping the money spentx the value has to of into the next thing in order to cut the loss. Its the same premise they introduced masterpieces. They "soak up" costs, and make other things cheaper. There sre msny factors though. BFZ was a low value set for example, so despite masterpieces, the few good cards like Gideon still ended up expensive. But we saw masterpieces do their job in following sets.

>I've never thought I'd see literal dinosaurs in MTG
Ice Age called. It said you're a newfag.

>implying ice age is a real set

All pasta had been typed out by some moron at some point.

Ice Age was 1995's Amonket.
Magic does this shit everytime they're "succeeding" because they apparently hate themselves and need to shit the bed everytime they're ahead.

But, I like pirates...
Though I agree a lot of our gimmicks now a days seems to be just rehash from other sets.

t. reddit