Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Tau Auxiliaries Edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for Kroot
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=V-YMzn23Jpc

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue

Other urls found in this thread:

www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html
www77.zippyshare.com/v/31sr2loe/file.html
www26.zippyshare.com/v/ky9iVD1b/file.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for Sons of Sanguinius.

I would totally build a Tau army if I could populate it with ratmen.

Posting in best thread

They can count as Fire Warriors, if you want.

Appreciate it, but some yuro decided to roll back the pasta and delete newer megas and mathhammers. I'd rather let this one simmer until the pretender thread sages, so that lazy OPs copy the good one instead of the bad one.

Do I need to buy Imperial Armour: Chaos for Leviathan Dreadnought rules in my Death Guard?

That's really neat.

Reposting in new thread. Do you think limiting players to one detachment would reduce WAAC lists? For events where that is the goal, i don't think its a great idea for a permenant rule.

Tau are pretty interesting i think.

Anyone here know how to contact Zhanchui? Want to order some of his stuff.

I think two detachments is good.

Yes. Or just download it and print the relevant pages.

Yes, But at the same time it would fuck over most armies that cant fill out 1 brigade because CP is very valuable.

1+1 per 1k points works fine

Two detachments doesn't stop any of the WAAC shit at all. You can still get your death guard or black legion or whatever legion bonus, relics etc AND drop magnus in your army in such a thing, or take 50 assassins alongside your IG with no penalty or whatever other shit.

Convert some of them into fire warriors and count the rest as Kroot. Hell, giant rats can even counts as kroot hounds

?

then nerf brigade.

you could do that you start with 5, batalion +2 and brigade +4.

That's more or less normal gameplay though, which is what WAAC lists are mostly designed around.

>one detatchement limit
>armies like guard can easily fill a brigade
>armies like GKs can, at best fill a battalion

I get what you're trying to do, but 1 detatchement is really hard to do.
I would suggest 2 detatchements, like says. With the exception that you can take as many "Auxiliary Support" (the one that costs 1 CP), since it has a tradeoff.

What I'd rather have is rules to stop the bullshit "Hive Fleet mixing", as I'd call it. You get to run ONE bonus to your dudes, or none at all if you decide to mix in other stuff.

Reposting from last thread hoping someone puts them in the Black library MEGA, credit goes to based user:

>Rise of the Ynnari Epub
www21.zippyshare.com/v/drkPLYvW/file.html

>Key Of Infinity (Ahriman advent audio)
www77.zippyshare.com/v/31sr2loe/file.html

>The Assassination of Gabriel Seth (advent Rageman vs Eversor)
www26.zippyshare.com/v/ky9iVD1b/file.html

Now you're changing the core rules instead of just houserules.

restricting detachments at all is changing core rules.

Why are space wolf players the worst?

>Play GSC
>Destroy the coolest part of our mediocre army
Yay....?

So Sisters of Battle are filthy Xeno lovers.

Holy shit, this would make the game so much better.
I mean ffs, I always have to take at least 3 tax Strike squads if I ever want to reach 6 CP with my GKs, and getting the 7th CP means taking another tax HQ

Yeah in the case of GSC it probably needs an exception.

I'm thinking of starting a blood axes ork army but I plan to use 3rd party heads. Anyone have experiences with using models with 3rd party parts at there local games workshop, has the staff said anything?

Post neat HQs!

>When somebody likes apocalypse near me

Alright, here's a more balanced little game. You get to be the thing you last painted a model of, but you have to fight the warlord of that same army. How badly does it go?

>So Sisters of Battle are filthy Xeno lovers.
I can imagine Sisters ending up 'Digga lovers', but Xenos lovers?

Seems unlikely.

Speaking of cults, how many neophytes/acolytes should I run in a single list? Having trouble structure one out

That just cucks armies that can't reasonably fill a brigade. Is making IG and Nids even better really what you're going for?

Yiffs. Not even once.

>america

> The Warmaster ebook

when

>wah wah much small elite army can't spam detachments like horde armies can, plz nerf
>L-let's houserule to buff my army because I can't adapt to a new edition

Bolter legionary vs Sigismund.

Again, bury me in a salsa jar.

Restrict LoW's to above 2000 point games

No?
What gave you that idea

Yeah, that's where GW strategy makes things hard. I want a return to 3rd edition, basically, because I'm old and cranky.

The way that image more american would be if one of them was holding a gun or was wearing an SS armband

I hate to say this guy but lurk moar, r/yoyhammer

Thinking about a DA army based around stacking -1 to hit modifiers

Mind wipe, aversion, Darkshroud, and dark talons for hard to hit

>Gold rivets
Nice. Keep at it tho. Those eyes need to be cleaned up.

lol literally a bunch of weak skin overweights playing toy soldiers. The stereotype is real

Daemonette vs. Herald of Slaanesh...I think we just fuck until someone dies.

Celestial Lions > your dudes.

I just pirated the PDF on my phone. I am not buying a book for 1-3 units who I only use once in a while

This.

user, what are you on about? The whole idea was to fix taking Magnus and Mortarian with their best units in one list.

Magnus vs Magnus

Someone post that picture. You know the one

Shitposting aside how are elite armies doing this edition?

I'm considering starting a grey knights terminator heavy army as I love the design of aegis terminator armor or whatever it's called

How about this:
>remove Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment. You want a single LoW, you play a Supreme Command and smile about it.
>each type of detachment is 0-1
And maybe make Brigades a bit easier to build for non-Nids/Guard and a bit harder for them.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GibiNy4d4gc

Bore off Simba

Well its a Tactical Squad member with a boltgun vs a Captain with a Powersword and a Plasma pistol. I am going to assume i am fucked.

>Diggas having Sororitas 'waifus'
This is extra heretical And I love it

Gargoyle vs Flyrant.

I never asked for this

But horde armies are stupidly overpowered, retardly easy to play, and unfun to play against

What exactly is the problem?

seconding the elite army question for my tau
also how many models/units would you say is too low to actually be entertainable?

k keep me posted

Dunno if he qualifies as neat but he is my proudest paint job atm. Also I need to start inquisition after seeing that model!

How come there still isn't a spess mehreen chapter based on slavs?

I sort of thought that free relics and choosing warlord traits was a step towards fixing that. Like, if you don't choose a character warlord, you can customize yourguy to play how you want to play.
It's certainly not perfect or even implemented across the board, but I like that my company commander can be a full-on Creed style tactical genius or a horrifying melee monster or whatever.
Also, linking specific builds to characters (deathwing, ravenwing, draigowing) is gone now afaik, which is also a step the right way.
Doesn't fix stuff like typhus zombies or guilliman being broken or cadian character spam lists, but it feels like they're at least thinking about it.

Shoulda drilled those barrels user.

Looks boss though.

I'm currently outfitting my first table, a cityfight table. Any ideas for a "hill"-type terrain that fits into a city?

I want something where you can give a tank some elevation while still being reachable by non-infantry to add some verticality to the game.
Post inspiration for city terrain please.

Because all marines squat

Chapter Master Czernobog with a fuckoff thunder hammer would do nicely.

What chapter you play user? if its your dudes then who was their origin chapter?

Toppled building?

Drill ya barrels or paint black dots.
Purity seals need some scribble-script.
The rest looks ace.

Cataphractii Terminator, gotta fight Sevatar. Don't know on that one.

For 40k specifically, Kell, got to murder my buddy Creed. It's not hard fighting Creed; it's hard fighting the feels.

Slav is pretty vague, what kind of slav?

Nids and Guard have too small minimum squad sizes.

There simply should not be troop choices below a cost of 5 PL, Gaunts and Infantry Squads should be 20 minimum,

Rubble pile in the middle of a road.

I heard arch called out spikey bit in his last video?
Did he call him a pedophiliac or what
Spikey bit wants to ban people from warhammer

Ravener with rending claws and spinefists vs a Hive Tyrant with scything talons and heavy venom cannon.

I'm biomass.

>auras effect every unit within range
>pyschic abilities are target unit only and on top of that you can only use the same one once per turn

Honestly feels like they didn't think this through when changing it to target. They have such a drop off the higher points are and the less pyschic abilities your faction has.

if you have 3-6 abilities you should never bother with more than 2 pyschers unless spamming smite. Which seems dumb.

I get its a matched play thing but I doubt anyone will allow you to if you're playing for fun.

This i why everybody hates america...

Paladins are nasty because plasma can't kill them easily but are balanced by their expense. Elites do well as long as you have a game plan to knockout what threatens your guys early so they can clean up what's left.

He basically said that Spikey bit was being a tad misguided with his suggestion that GW should set up an official list of 'bad-people'. Nothing about being a pedophiliac or anything retarded like that.

Shut up. You're stupid.

Pagan Ones. Gopniks aren't that grimdark or serious. Maybe Vostroyani style.

Do I want to know who either of those people are?

>carnifex still out of stock
rrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Got im. Fuck that guy.

Bastard is pewter and I can barely drill straight as is, once I get him sealed i'll give it a go.

Why?

Black Templars are my chapter of choice!

Ebay?

Even the Stormsurge?

>wah wah those meanies want to nerf my G. I. Joes

I guess they're kind of rolled into the SW. They have successors now but possibly Primaris only, you could create a migration era Slav inspired chapter using them

Been staring at this for a while, I think the furry is actually playing the Salamanders in front of him, also, stop whining about furries and loop your belt properly, you goddamn profligate.

Staircase up to a plateau?

Pewter is soft metal, just apply a small bit of pressure and let the hand drill do the work.
You do *not* want to stab yourself when it punches through the other side.