Shadespire VS Aristeia!

Ok, let's solve this once and for all.

Both games were released at the same time.
One is GW the other is CB.
Both games use hexagons.
Both games use symbol dice.
Both games include 8 miniatures in the core set.
Both games use cards.

I want your judgement Elegan/TG/entlemen.

SHADESPIRE VS ARISTEIA!
Wich one deserves eternal glory and wich one deserves to burn in hell!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristeia
aristeiathegame.com/downloads
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what even is that second one

>wich one deserves to burn in hell!
Why not both?

In terms of visuals, Shadespire beats the shit out of it. In terms of gameplay, who knows? It's not like anyone is ever going to play Aristeia.

It's this...

...against this.

looks shit
looks good

I don't know about rules though

Is this literally Overwatch?

Miniature wise Shadespire is superiror, more detail, in sprue, and no cheap warped Plastic like Aristeia

Rulewise Aristeia look like it try to be as complicated as possible while Shadespire try to be as simple as it could.

Ffor a complete imbecile who found cutting part from the sprue and assembling the easy to build miniature too hard, they might refer the warped, assembled miniature from Aristeia but then again they're probably too dumb to play the game.

For the other boardgamer who still had 2 functioning hand and a clipper, it boil down to what rule they refer.

I'm not even sure who you're trying to troll ...

>we want the overwatch audience

I've played both games.

Shadespire has great miniatures and the best plastic of the market. Toy value over 9000. We can say that Shadespire is a "casual game", that allows 12 activations of the miniatures during 3 turns while using some cards. Is a very limited and simple game ruleswise. From my point of view is a game that after your 5th match is over, has no surprises left really.

On the other hand, Aristeia is trying too hard to be "Overwatch the boardgame" with the aesthetics. The plastic is PVC wich cannot compete with GW superior quality. But when it comes to the game system Aristeia really shines. Every single miniature is unique and the way they ineract allows the player to "build" something different every battle. That's the strong point there.

Looks like someone hasn't played shadespire in a tournament yet. IMO shadespire really shines as an miniatures deckbuilding game. Each warband feels and plays differently and there's so much variations with the deckbuilding.
Ie. When you face two skeleton players you know how the models play but you don't have the faintest clue about the strategy or tactics the new skeleton player uses. Easy game, hard to master and fast to play. What more can a player want?

So basically you've not played Shadespire with any of the expansions, or I assume with a deck you built yourself, and clearly not in a tournament setting.

It could not be more obvious that you haven't got a clue what you are on about to anyone who has played the game fully.

So now I'm going to disregard everything you said about Aristeia since you're probabley wrong about that too.

Why would you even post this? It's embarrassing.

I would totally use that one hooded and robed girl as an admech character

>Have to play the game in optimum conditions with DLC for it to be good.
Why would you even post this? It's embarrassing.

Has anyone in this thread actually played Aristeia in order to write a valuable opinion?
Anyone?
That guy over there? nop...

I'm waiting...

the non GW one. Its less likely to be abandoned

>v is leaking again
You know what D in dlc stands for?

GodTear desu. The best part is that it will be supported for more than a few months unlike Shadespire and Aristeia.

Played Aristeia. It's a sports game, which people should be very aware of. Just not a ball game.

Huge class differences, and you assemble a team of 4 and need to combo their roles to win. Emphasis is on positioning, combo and blocking. There's a hand of cards for each character to be play-making abilities.

The thing's supposed to be self-contained, and is a sci-fi TV show thus the strange characters. The Overwatchness is deliberate.

>GodTear desu
Literally who?
>From the creators of guild ball
No one play that game on my country

I go for Shadespire on this one
I really don't like the looks of Aristrlia

It's a MOBA without the shitty parts of the genre, i.e. team play with random faggots you can't punch in the face.

It's actually good, despite the "faux e-sports" feel.

Do on a scale of 1 to 10 being one roll to win and 10 hope-you-have-a-phd-on-games where Aristelia stands?

Having play two games, I think Shadespire stands on a 5~6 because of the deck building

Probably a 7. Having 4 models on a team really helps keep it manageable, even if there's a deck building element too. Other focus is figuring out a gameplan and what to do if an obvious combo is disrupted or positioning blocks off a move you wanted to do. Combat is important as you can just easily KO weaker enemies if their tank is outmaneuvered though.

I have. But I haven't played Shadespire.

>Get into the EARLY ACCESS queue for January 29th so you don't miss out.
So, a game that wasn't even published yet? Fuck off.

To me it looks like Infinity, a lot, and Infinity appeared way before Overwatch.

It is known.

Well it is made by Corvus Belli.

Aristeia! is a really fine game that should't be ignored just for being oversahdowed by "GW's
flavour of the month" or Overwatch jokes.

Also did you ever notice that Shadespire looks suspiciously similar to Age of Sigmar? Hmm...

Aristeia for gameplay, Shadespire for models.

Aristeia! definitely needs a few more months of people digging into it and reviewing balance and such. I've not played either game, I have a copy of Aristeia! and I've been to my local GW to ask about Shadespire (hoped for a demo, but apparently there was no demo copy available), but there are a few direct differences that stood out to me:

1. Shadespire has a lot more focus on team building and your guys always being "your guys". The clerk stressed the deck building aspect and team customization, but I don't think you can have an Orc join a Sigmarine team. Now, I don't know how much team customization goes into a deck and force, it may happen that each Orc team plays as any other Orc team.

2. Aristeia! has less focus on that and more on experimentation with team comps. What's more, rules specifically permit having multiples of the same character, just as long as they're not on the same team (so two players can have Gatas if they both own a copy). So one team may go for Pain Suppressants on Gata + Parvati combo for an immortal catgirl, but other player may decide to use Parvati with Maximus for Maximum Tank.

3. Aristeia! is all about board control, combat is just a part of it. Points are scored for controlling the marked areas (depending on the scenario) and you can't off an opponent permanently; knocked out players return in the next round, though weakened. The board is always the same, but scoring zones move around (depending on the scenario again).

4. In Shadespire players put their objective points into the decks and set up the board before each game. I assume killed guys don't return and you can table your opponent, but someone would need to clarify that for me.

One thing Aristeia! suffers from seems to be emergent CB's signature: TOO MANY DAMN TOKENS. Infinity itself has a shitton of markers and status tokens and Aristeia... Just look at this shit. I swear those Bolivians have some sort of token fetish. The R/B/G/O ones don't even have a specified use.

Shadespire is the best thing, that came form Age of Sygmar, nuff daid.

Model quality wise, Shadespire is a clear winner. They're standard GW plastic models (the Orruks are literally just old Black Orcs painted yellow after all), so quality is known. With Aristeia! it looks like standard CB quality digital sculpting does not work with Chinese plastic models at all. I bet the special edition metal ones are a ton better, but that edition costs about twice as much as the standard version.

Shadespire models also benefit from being double-duty, useable both with the game and AoS. Meanwhile there's very little crossover between Aristeia! and Infinity (two characters, three with the next expansion, are shared) and the models are in a different scale and on larger bases. I don't have an Infinity Mushashi or Lunah to compare (I will compare Senor Massacre versions once Aristeia expansion comes out), but here's a comparison between Gata and a Daktari and here is Maximus's Jotum Shield next to a regular Jotum shield. There was also a pic floating around of Thermopylae Maximus (this game is so Overwatch it even has fucking skins) next to a Fusilier and a Gecko and he's almost as big as the latter. For reference, a Gecko is a mech similar size to a Space Marine Dreadnought.

I think that the name of the game is kind of unfortunate. It isn't even English, so it doesn't really have connotations or really bring anything to mind.

>The clerk stressed the deck building aspect and team customization, but I don't think you can have an Orc join a Sigmarine team. Now, I don't know how much team customization goes into a deck and force, it may happen that each Orc team plays as any other Orc team.

All the customization in Shadespire is deck-based. You cannot change "orc #4 with 2 choppas" because your warband is not some mooks, it's "Hakka", "Basha" "Bonekutta" and the leader. You can change the playstyle with the decks.
At the moment I think you cannot do insane shit with the decks because we are missing 4 waves of cards yet, and those will add to the game and allow for more diverse decks and themes

I'd get a Reverend Custodier to convert if I were you. It's a single blister vs a figure from a board game and it's metal, so higher quality cast.
Either that or a Reverend Moira, but those aren't in single blisters anymore.
Fluff wise they are a bit opposite to AdMech; they believe the machine spirit/super AI ALEPH is literally Satan and have broken off the Church which endorsed it to form a mystic/murder/hacker nun convent

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aristeia
The makers are Spanish and used to make historical miniatures, they like referencing history.

>It isn't even English, so it doesn't really have connotations or really bring anything to mind.
The absolute state of burgers

It doesn't matter the game is made by Spaniards.
"Aristeia" is a greek word, wich has some Greek mythology connotations.

Asking for an English name for a game sounds to me like Hollywood willing to make "Akira" happening in LA instead of Tokyo because some bullshit marketing guy says so.

>looks good
Top kek

In Shadespire the teams are already assembled and you cannot change that. You can customize your cards deck very much.

In Aristeia you can compose your team picking the characters you prefer. There is also some deck building but just adding 8 cards to a total of 18 cards, so, not a lot of deck building.

So it's the opposite approach: in Shadespire i's always the same models, but you have a lot of card variety and in Aristeia the teams may vary wildly, but you can usually expect the same cards from each member (even if you only play 2 out of 4).

>meanwhile GW wants LoL and DoTA audience

By the way, in a typical CB fashion rules to Aristeia are free to download online and they made a companion app aristeiathegame.com/downloads

So best character when?

Shadespire has better models. Which is weird, because the guys that make Infinity generally make incredible models. I can't say what possessed them to go with this crappy plastic for Aristeia.

Aristeia is the better game. There's just more to consider and more to play around with. Positioning and composition are much more important and the board control element makes the game a more complex affair.

I really don't want to buy those Aristeia models though, despite how cool some of them are design-wise, unless they do a range of them in metal.

New skins cames in metal

They have a version of the game with metal models rather than plastic models. It is more expensive but we'll worth it IMO.

Will GW claim copyright infringement if Corvus Belli releases a Reaper (overwatch) like miniature?

Oh, and if you meant D.Va, there was a much sluttier version of her in the Infinity: Outrage comic. Has a model as well.
However there was some sort of preview for the Aristeia expansions and one of the silhouettes looked a lot like a Gecko TAG.

Because GW already copied Reaper?

Except that they have nothing in common.

>Except that they have nothing in common.
Yeah sure

Goodluck selling metal miniature boardgame to a non-hobbyist players.

>Oh no original pose and character DO NOT STEAL!!!!!

Did you mean Blizzard?
And CB has already made two.

I like barbarian skellie.

But otherwise...

Same. I literally don't like any other Shadespire mini. And I usually find skeletons super boring too, but this one grabs me.

Also that art is so fucking old even most lolfag won't remember it exist.

The Order of St. Mary of the Knife must be one of the best tidbits of Infinity fluff.

What do you do when the Catholic church endorses an emergent AI? Why, obviously you have a massive schizophrenic break from reality and decide that Saint Mary, who is also Dionysus somehow, has sent you a divine revelation. So then you take your convent into SPAAACE and turn them into a cyberwarfare unit that is also a Christian denomination that is also a mystery cult.

Can you imagine being one of the nuns that just kind of rolled with this? "Well, this is kind of insane and we're excommunicated now, but whatever, at least the vow of chastity is out."

Few years ago... any miniature wearing a hood was a suppossed Assasin's Creed ripoff.

Now it seems that any skull head gunslinger is an Overwatch ripoff... you know... because Blizzard actually invented skulls and discovered hoodies.

With them and guys like De Fernsen the Holy Infowar is real.

Arguably they are ripping Udon Taskmaster, or at least I don't know any earlier double pistol grim reaper.

>character DO NOT STEAL!!!!!
And design

Tabling is possible but it doesn't make you win the game. Instead you spend the rest of activations and try to see if you score some more points (for example, there's a SCE objective for not getting wounded in a turn, if you lost all your guys in turn 2, you could score it in turn 3). Victory is determinated by glory/victory points, though, so kill'em'all won't make you auto win (but will help since each death is a VP)

>at least the vow of chastity is out.
Lolwut?

It's a little unfair of a fight. GW has a much, much larger release and fanbase, especially here on Veeky Forums. I mean most people are only dimly aware of Infinity, let alone it's weird kind of sport based spin off

>in Shadespire i's always the same models, but you have a lot of card variety and in Aristeia the teams may vary wildly, but you can usually expect the same cards from each member (even if you only play 2 out of 4).
And here is one of the main Shadespire problem.

Which is?

I guess it evens out in time. Shadespire reeks pump and dumb product, while Aristeia has a small chance to endure long enough to become something.

>what is a metaphor?

So basically you are saying that if you buy one MTG booster you can experience the whole game?

You're a retard.

Why did you greentext that? You clearly have no idea.

Support, there is only two ways to update game, release cards (which mean Shadespire have to compete with mtG and Destiny) or release the whole warbands (but knowing how GW can fuck up meta nad balance...)
While all What CB needs is release single models with cards.

Obviously not this

Are there multiple card packs for Shadespire? For example, if I bought the skeleton box, would I ever need to buy anything that doesn't come in that box when I am playing the game, or would I be set?

>While all What CB needs is release single models with cards.
They're gonna release them in batches of 4 models each.

They also release alternate versions of single models in metal, like Not a cheap alternative for a full box, but helps to diversify the catalog.

>mfw when I wear the blue skin for reaper to be udon taskmaster

That's interesting question. There are 'army' based cards and neutral ones in main game as well as in every expac. So if you want to be able to choose from the full roster, then you need to buy everything. From the other side, you only need to buy one copy of each, so no rng boosters like in some tcg games, and also most neutral cards are 'suppose' to be better with armies they come with. Obviously authors will be wrong and you propably will need more than one army to have the best cards, but I'm at work and wasted so I forgot my conclusion, sorry

Except 1. the price is pretty ridiculous inb4 b-but it's totally Gecko-sized, and 2. you don't get their tactics cards (SpartaMax will only have the character card with alt art) and tokens or whatever else they might come with.

>. the price is pretty ridiculous
Not in GW-CB ratio
But yeah I agree, the mini doesn;t look like it should be costs more than Azra'il

Not going to argue about either of those, but it's still something. And they could use similiar model to sell completely new characters after the initial posse is finished.

I have the skeletons but I find them more effective if I use Objective cards from the Shadespire Core Box.

implying primaris are not terran marines in disguise.

Fuck. I guess that I finally understand why people compare the game to X-Wing.

Shadespire is going to have 2 more squads released, Skaves and Dwarves.

Aristeia is supposed to have 16 more characters to be released during 2018 and a few 'skins'.

IMHO GW will make a 40K shadespire only if this Age of Sigmar skirmish game profits. They have too many games to support now.

On the other side, CB is going to support Aristeia! for a long time. They have no other game to stick to.

World of Warcraft - Warhammer Fantasy
Starcraft - 40K

Shadespire's getting 4 more squads, the Skaven and Dwarves and then another pair of Khorne and Stormcast warbands.

>skaven, naked midgets nobody playes and even more lamecasts and Khorne

Can we just deem the game dead already? That's like one warband anybody could possibly want. Unless they use the X-wing school of "hide essential cards in separate boxes" approach.

No. Every new game is dead on arrival. GW needs to actually push the game for a full year so it can actually catch on.

The next Khorne warband actually looks alright though, it's got a cool dog, and they haven't shown anything about the stormcast one but apparently they have a bird so both should play pretty differently from the existing ones.

>GW
>pushing a product not 40k
Caught a little error with that logic.

I said not were but need.

Every game developers need to know that only way to get a playerbase is continued support

Were not making a player base here, were selling a product. Everything else is secondary.

>inb4 longterm
Who cares? Would probably end up with embittered grognards anyway.