Magic is dying. And thank god. There hasn't been a decent set since Tarkir, and even that was rather lame...

Magic is dying. And thank god. There hasn't been a decent set since Tarkir, and even that was rather lame. Theros had decent mechanics. I would say Battle for Zendikar is where Magic completely jumped the shark. Now with all this political controversy, and the fact that they are cutting blocks down to a single set to jew the community as much as possible, I can see Magic the Gathering as a sponge full of water that has been almost entirely squeezed out by the greedy hands of Hasbro. As long as good goys like you all keep buying the cards, the game will survive. But that's changing. Their playerbase (the real playerbase, not the normoniggers who buy 1 to 2 packs for their spawn for Christmas) is dying out. Magic will survive on casual play for a while. But honestly? The sets are shit mechanically, constantly coming out with new keywords and then abandoning them forever. They are rapidly filling their design space. It's been years since they put out a Modern-viable card.... at least, one that they didn't ban 8 seconds later because it would ruin Jund players' deck combos or whatever shit, and they autistically screeched on social media until they got their way. And like any good company, Wizards of the Coast (with Hasbro leering overhead pulling their strings and desperately trying to keep the tip of its nose from leaking onto the stage) has been supporting whatever the fuck the community wants, no matter how retarded it is. Ban some YouTube guy because he said something mean toward a precious pussy? Sure! Put traps on the cards to show how progressive they are? Sure. Make absolute trash sets over and over, and make them so fast that non-competitive players hardly have a break or chance to get into them? Sure. Magic is a cash cow that is fast burning itself out. The game is trying to compete with autistic shit like Hearthstone. It will die soon, and hopefully it will die with some shred of its dignity remaining.

Probably not, though.

Jeremy Hambly did nothing wrong.

This pasta didn't deserve its own thread. Please go away to wherever you came from and stop posting this.

I really wish it was.

They're cutting down blocks to 1 set? I haven't played in a while, but jeez are these MTG players getting cucked HARD.

This picture really needs an update.
>believing works of falsehood and fiction instead of searching out the answer yourself
This is why Veeky Forums is dead.

While this thread is retarded, it is a truth that blocks are dead now.

The block structure has been retired, yes. From now on, we'll be on a given plane as long as the story dictates we should be. Sometimes this will be one set, sometimes it'll be 3 or more, it just depends on the story's direction. Also, all sets are large sets now, as an aside.

How badly is this going to fuck up draft? They already have trouble designing limited, now they have to work around variance in the number of times certain mechanics will appear.

I believe that draft is all single set from now on. No more mixed set drafts.

Yu-Gi-Oh is better anyway

Jesus. All these changes, just to show off their precious Gay Twats.

I wholeheartedly agree about BfZ being the shark jump point. Lottery cards and Mary Sues were the end for me.

>It's been years since they put out a Modern-viable card

Fatal Push, fag.

>Jesus. All these changes, just to show off their precious Gay Twats.
I don't know that the change is to show off the inclusive characters. I think it's to sell more cards by messing around with the Standard environment as much as possible to keep people buying stuff.

They're a business, they want to sell their product. All their actions can be understood in this light.

He was the hero we deserved but didn't need.

Didn't he said he was taking WotC to court on his last video?

nigger detected.

How's that kool aid and KFC?

I knew somebody was going to make a thead for this pasta. Nice.

Anybody sick of being called A FUCKING NAZIS everytime we try to discuss what's going on with Magic?

Magic is dying. And thank god. There hasn't been a decent set since Tarkir, and even that was rather lame. Theros had decent mechanics. I would say Battle for Zendikar is where Magic completely jumped the shark. Now with all this political controversy, and the fact that they are cutting blocks down to a single set to jew the community as much as possible, I can see Magic the Gathering as a sponge full of water that has been almost entirely squeezed out by the greedy hands of Hasbro. As long as good goys like you all keep buying the cards, the game will survive. But that's changing. Their playerbase (the real playerbase, not the normoniggers who buy 1 to 2 packs for their spawn for Christmas) is dying out. Magic will survive on casual play for a while. But honestly? The sets are shit mechanically, constantly coming out with new keywords and then abandoning them forever. They are rapidly filling their design space. It's been years since they put out a Modern-viable card.... at least, one that they didn't ban 8 seconds later because it would ruin Jund players' deck combos or whatever shit, and they autistically screeched on social media until they got their way. And like any good company, Wizards of the Coast (with Hasbro leering overhead pulling their strings and desperately trying to keep the tip of its nose from leaking onto the stage) has been supporting whatever the fuck the community wants, no matter how retarded it is. Ban some YouTube guy because he said something mean toward a precious pussy? Sure! Put traps on the cards to show how progressive they are? Sure. Make absolute trash sets over and over, and make them so fast that non-competitive players hardly have a break or chance to get into them? Sure. Magic is a cash cow that is fast burning itself out. The game is trying to compete with autistic shit like Hearthstone. It will die soon, and hopefully it will die with some shred of its dignity remaining.

Probably not, though.

>I don't know that the change is to show off the inclusive characters.
I'm pretty sure he was trying to insult the Jacetice League. Or Gatewatch, for the official name that sounds like what user said.

Though with Chandra and Nissa it's possible both are true.

This is probably for the best. Recent sets are garbage and cards are expensive. All this political hogwash isn't helping. So maybe this will let other games have the spot-light.

Yes. All I want to do when I come to Veeky Forums is talk about Magic (and other stuff) without fear of consequences. I love this game and I've played for many years. I've seen magic at points both high and low, and while the game has some problems right now, it's not in a completely terrible spot, and certainly not "dying". I'd like to talk about those problems and criticize WotC while also talking about all the good things this game does, too. And I'd like to do it without people screaming at me for being /pol/ or whatever.

Hopefully, this whole thing blows over in a few months and doesn't permanently infect MTG online communities.

The changes they make suck. It becomes more and more dumbed-down and creature focuses. They even remove interesting interactions that aren't even broken (brain in a vat + split cards)

People are just a bit shaken by the recent /pol/ invasion, that's all

It seems to be dying down now. Give it a week or two and things will be back to normal

I'm getting out of MtG. Between the recent controversy, quality issues, and product overload I've completely lost interest and can't justify sinking any more money into the game. Gonna sell my collection and try to get into another game. Final Fantasy TCG looks pretty good, as do some of the waifu games like Force of Will. What non-MtG card games does everyone play and recommend?

proxy everything and play whichever format you want with your friends

there, magic is saved

HAWLY SHET YOU CAN DO THAT!!11!!!

Was there ever even a pol invasion?
Seemed more like baseless paranoia to me.

There was, you just wouldn't have seen it if you don't use the MtG threads

I've been called a commie, marxist and tranny multiple times by morons trying to force an agenda

There's a couple /pol/ screencaps floating around that lay out an agenda to slide MTG threads. I'm sure someone will post them soon.

Here you go

When there's an article about animal cruelty in 40k or some other stuff that SWJ complains about, embrace for a /pol/ invasion.

ever since r/incels was closed Veeky Forums has been fucking unbearable

this explains a lot

> /r/incels

because /pol/ loves to jump into Veeky Forums and do some trolling. and we take the bait so quickly it's not even funny

my magic cards came out the package warped :(

I've seen these, but it was just posted anytime anyone tried to even mention anything bad about MtG being worse now. Still just feels like paranoia.

I still keep up with MtG news but haven't bought anything since Battle for Zendikar came out. It seems like all of WoTC's shitty decisions since then are starting to catch up to them.

/pol/ is the most reddit influenced board on Veeky Forums, which is ironic considering how much Veeky Forums influenced early reddit

Finally, WOTC can start banning shitlords and clean up the game.

Hi /pol/, want some help with your false flagging rehearsal?

>story
not quite

the stories are being written for the sets expected length, which is determined by how much design space they felt that they could make given the setting

basically they were running into problems with sets like Ahmonket where they felt they had pretty much gotten all they could out of mechanics around deserts and embalming in the first set and just had to throw darts at a board to fill in Hour of Devistation with similar but less interesting mechanics.

on the other hand though they had the exact opposite feeling with the return to innistrad and wanted to continue doing things with delirium and flip cards but since it was a mandatory 2 set block they had to cut it short

the story isn't what is going to dictate block lengths, its the design space

There people who actually believe that shit though.

Which makes me very scared for the future

Wizards just needs to start reprinting Modern and possibly Legacy staples in Standard again. I used to play back during the Ice Age block through Weatherlight and it wasn't a jarring thing to see Counterspell and Disenchant show up fairly often. And shit like that is fine: those spells were reprinted often and people used them often.

Now? We now have Lighting Bolt-- when Lightning Strike already exists. The sets are being bogged down by this strange sense of not wanting to let the game get too out of hand in terms of power (Which I can understand with what happened in Urza and Mirrodin blocks), but for people to see only a small handful of cards from new sets see any play in Modern or Eternal formats... the rising costs just aren't helping.

Jesus this is fucking pathetic. That guy needs to get laid.

>nigger detected.
>
>How's that kool aid and KFC?

Real talk it's good shit man, who doesn't like KFC and Kool-Aid?

This used to be such a nice board. Good to know there is at least a reason why it has gone down the shitter.

You're just shitting us op. Threads like this gets old.

>/Pol/ bogeyman.

I guess pol is the one hacking into wizards factories lowering the quality of their cardstock and hypnotising the developers to make such shitty standard sets that they had to make consecutive bans.

I don't think the game is dying. A lot of types of entertainment are cyclical, coming in and out of popularity every decade or so. Magic certainly seems to be one of those properties. The only question is if they're willing to take a few bad years on the chin and then get going again once things shift back around...or if they're just going to gouge the shit out of the people who stay and look for every possible corner to cut to look "profitable" for as long as possible until they chase everyone off.

Magic is just dying due to the fact it lost alot of its talent, "digital" card games are infinitely more appealing to casuals, and the cost of MTG simply refuses to become economically sound for the majority of players

Modern, a cheap deck will cost you 900 dollars, 900 dollars for a single fucking deck, in a game where players naturally want to try all kinds of shit.

standard is a fast rotating format and a pro-level deck routinely will cost you from 100-300 dollars for cards that do NOT hold their value.

shits fucked the secondary market has strangled Magic and WoTC gave them all the ways to do it with, the reserved list and the general way they print even reprint sets shows how much the favor them.