Magic: the Gathering Players - Does this make me look like a cuck?

I am posting to craigslist offering to pay a portion of people's booster expenses in exchange for list of the cards they pull from each booster. Basically, they save the receipt show it to me (or email/text a picture of the receipt) and I pay them cash or paypal for a percentage of what they spent on the boosters. In exchange they just send me a list of the uncommons, rares/mythics, and foils. To get a good spread of data, I want to do this with a group of magic players. I'd be doing this for a period of one or two years.

My worry is that I'll be perceived as a cuck paying for this. I'm curious what people on here think.

Other urls found in this thread:

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/dmg/d/collecting-data-on-magic-the/6420443964.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Were you dropped as a baby?

I assume that means you think I'd look like a cuck...

Might i ask to what end? Are you trying to prove the mythic uncommon conspiracy? Because we know its real, they just aren't honest about it anymore.

I'm doing research on how things actually turn out. If you buy lots of boosters does it really get you ahead? What's the value of the cards you get vs. the amount you spend on boosters, etc.

I'm only going to be available off and on here. If you want to give me your opinion, feel free to email 1982gamerdude at gmail

Do you know what the word cuck means

>Does this make me look like a cuck

No, but normal people don't say cuck

Yes, you are a cuck.

As in, does it look like I'm letting myself get taken advantage of? Or will I look like an idiot for offering to pay for this?

You want the information, you're willing to pay for it. Why would you even care about how the people you're paying see you

I guess in case I'm embarrassing myself. But maybe you're right. I've posted the ad, I owe a gaming group 50% of its booster costs for 1 or 2 years. lol. Here goes.

>50% of its booster costs
wait 50%?For just information? You could simply open them yourself, sell the singles and pay less for the same information. I thought you were offering them like 5%

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: your proposed research is rather meaningless.

The value of cards is tied to several factors that do not allow for accurate projections based on whatever data you might obtain from card distribution in packs. For example, an old card can explode in value based on a card just printed (Devoted Druid) or because a deck starts getting results (Meddling Mage). It can also decrease in value based on bans (Smuggler's Copter), reprints (Mana Drain) or rotation.

Notice a pattern? Pretty much all factors that affect the value of cards are controlled by one single entity, WotC. In order to predict the value of cards, you need to predict the behavior of WotC. Can you do that based on card distribution? I doubt it, but I would like to hear any theories you might have.

I know that the latest fad is to approach MtG like you are Warren Buffett and say things like " equity" and "spec", but you are fooling yourself. Instead, invest your time and resources in something worthwhile, like getting your GED.

Companies pay millions for advertising and market data. If you're a cuck for paying for information, then I guess everyone else is too.

I guess I'm looking for averages, patterns and such. I know it can get swingy, especially for people who only buy one booster. But lets say I have a group that buys 250 booster collectively. Some people only buy a couple, others buy a few dozen. I can look at them as individuals and also as a group to see the value of cards per booster on average. I'm also curious to see how often specific cards come up vs others.

I think I have the answer I need though, thanks. Wish me luck with the ad.

>Wish me luck with the ad.
I won't, since you're wasting your money in a monumental way. Don't do this user, for your own financial future. This is a terrible idea.

Im telling this so can you can get along better with your fellow /pol/tars invading the board, but the new buzzword is soy boy.

This

What about EU or JP boosters?
Would they be have the same? Im a bit curious now.
I don't know how much you have to invest in this research, but be ready to stop your players if you are approacing your limit. You don't want to indebt yourself or have any kind of problem out of this, right?

this isn't your first time posting your idea on Veeky Forums. Right? Didn't you already start?

I appreciate the advice but I'm going to plunge. If it's a mistake, I can always quit. If you have more questions/comments: 1982gamerdude at gmail

This is one of the weirdest mtg threads i've seen.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/dmg/d/collecting-data-on-magic-the/6420443964.html

What the fuck is wrong with you cunt

If you have to ask, yes, you're a fucking cuck faggot.

Patterns of what, exactly?

The only pattern that you are going to detect is card distribution, that is, how often certain rares are printed as compared to other rares and such. Any pattern that you might want to identify regarding value is only valuable as a strictly synchronic observation, and even then, only pertaining to that particular expansion. For example, if you open a pack of Legends and a pack of Ixalan, the averages are going to come out pretty high, but that is only because of the value of Legends cards. If you factor in the cost of the packs, Ixalan might come on top. But what does that matter? The values is tied to things WotC might decide to change on a whim. For example, Mana Drain gets banned or restricted and the value goes down, even though the distribution is the same.

Like I said, statistical analysis is a fine tool, but you have to be really careful with your analysis. Were you planning on doing any correlation analysis based on the data collected?

Worrying about looking like a cuck makes you a cuck. Just do shit and don't give a fuck about what people on Veeky Forums of all places think.

I doubt anyone is going to reply anyway.

>/pol/tard meme words

sage

I didn't expect to read such a sensible comment here.

cuck is a normie word now

don't let another thread devolve into arguing about /pol/.

Huh? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of youtube videos of each and every set getting opened. Just use those for data.

>My worry is that I'll be perceived as a cuck paying for this.
Depends, do you follow unsleeved media? if you do, then yes, you will be perceived as a full cuck.

>le /pol/ boogeyman
People say cuck on Veeky Forums pal.

Who tf cares if you look like a cuck, it's your money and you can use it like you want.

But on another note, is this for any pack? I'm doing an unstable draft in a few days, so I can get data there. What percentage are you offering per pack?

See

Yeah, here is the reaction of women to certain card games
>YGO
Literally wets herself and cums in seconds.
>MtG
Understands you a bitch and cucks you.

Im going to save you a lot of time and money the answer is no its not worth it, hence why most tcgs have that disclaimer about no guarantees of contents. fucking konami even pulled all the secret rares out of test batches of a yugioh set to to see if anyone would notice.

they make more money if the cards that are good are rarer this is kinda a no brainer hence why I gave up playing any tcg at more than a casual level

he could also monitor the chase rares, you know those cards in every set that are almost always worth decent amounts and are oddly less common of cards of the same rarity
not that it would amount to much but it would prove definitely that WotC short print and are scamming the players even if they've already covered themselves legally with the disclaimer on the boxes/packs

Mythic uncommon?

Visible autism

please don't start this shit
both games are good in there own right
both are ran by garbage companies
konami is arguably worse but thats a matter of perspective really

Lmao get outta here bitchboy.

you are a cuck for asking, cuck

I dont think it makes you look like a cuck, I just dont see the point, also there are stores that buy boxes and open the product for singles, just ask them for the data, you might even get it for free.