Weeb TCG General 3 - The Third Strike

Continuing Thread to talk about TCGs other than Magic.

Any upcoming releases you're hyped for?
Any decks in your game(s) of choice you wish would get some love?
Any underrated waifus to showcase?
Any interesting experiences at locals?
Any games you wish would be localized?
Any games you dread being adapted after what happened when they tried bringing Duel Masters back?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Pst7bGGY
pastebin.com/29SX7K6G
pastebin.com/GQVZDfGh
pastebin.com/65BG1Q9U
cf-vanguard.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/wgp2017_t3_tokyo_2nd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Any upcoming releases you're hyped for?
There's a new DBS set coming out in a few months. Early images suggests a new color and DragonBall Xenoverse characters.

>Any decks in your game(s) of choice you wish would get some love?
Not for any game that isn't dead.

>Any underrated waifus to showcase?
Videl is total Waifu but she only has a cheap blocker. She was great in the show, and only got better in DBS.

>Any interesting experiences at locals?
I'll let you know as soon as we have some.

>Any games you wish would be localized?
Star Wars set for Weiss Schwarz.

>Any games you dread being adapted after what happened when they tried bringing Duel Masters back?
I'd say bring back DBZ again, but it's already been rebooted twice. Panini's reboot was good enough, but Score... they did their original well but when they tried to reboot it, it did NOT go well.

>Any upcoming releases you're hyped for?

The Star Gate Extra Booster for Vanguard

>Any decks in your game(s) of choice you wish would get some love?

The Legion Era decks for Vanguard, but I don't expect that'll ever happen since it is basically discarded and forgetten as quickly as it was picked up

>Any underrated waifus to showcase?

The Magus sub-clan for OTT

Wasn't the first reboot done by Bandai? I believe that had similar mechanics as the Naruto CCG but the game itself only lasted four sets

Looking to quit MtG and get into another game. Final Fantasy TCG looks pretty good but I'm open to other options.

Mostly just want a game with a decent community, good archetypal balance (combo/control/aggro in magic, for example), and room to brew. Really enjoyed playing tempo and combo decks in MtG so a game with archetypes that play similarly would be awesome.

Vanguard, definitely.
The community, from what I've seen, is generally pretty chill (you'll run into some spergs, but that comes with the territory of a geeky hobby). The game is divided into 6 nations, each of which are split into a few clans. You choose your cards from one clan (with a couple things that provide for exceptions), but there are enough different clans and wide enough card pools within the clans that there's a pretty wide variety of brews.
Here's a list:

>United Sanctuary (white/light) clans:
>Royal Paladin - Light knights, holy dragons, and trained dogs; focus on swarming and toolboxing, with plenty of anthem effects.
>Shadow Paladin - Dark knights, shadow dragons, and trained owls and cats; focus on toolboxing and sacrifice combos. One of the best clans at managing their resources.
>Gold Paladin - Knights, dragons, and trained cats and lions; more limited with toolboxing range than RP or SP, but can swarm out faster, and has an easier time defending against attacks.
>Angel Feather - Angelic nurse waifus; focus on using your damage (when you take damage, you mill cards to your "damage zone" to represent it) as a toolbox, a solid clan at both defense and combos.
>Oracle Think Tank - Shinto corporation with spies and statuary as support; focus on draw power, scrying, and restricting the opponent's ability to defend.
>Genesis - Norse/Greek myth corporation with spies and beasts as support; focus on manipulating position of resources.

(continued in next post)

Itching for that Zoo booster next month and wish they'd reprint pic related. Pain trying to find them in stock, and often they're $20+.

Leo-Pald should get more stuff. Mostly because when Great Nature got all that stuff in Set 7 back in the day I really got into them and Leo-Pald (and it's reversed crossride later), was fun. Let you just stack those 4k power ups, stack some Coiling Duckbills, and get all your shit back and more. The stride he got isn't horrible, but you can't really run it optimally since Bigbelly and Honorary Professor decks run pretty well.

>Dragon Empire (red/fire) clans:
>Kagero ("heat haze") - Army of dragons and their subordinates, lots of fire; lots of hard removal and solid offensive threats.
>Narukami ("angry god", figurative term for lightning) - Army of dragons and their subordinates, drawing from different aesthetic sources, lots of lightning; similar to Kagero, but more focus on offensive pressure
>Murakumo ("gathering clouds") - Kabuki demons and ninjas with dragons and furries; focus on temporary clones and gaining extra effects if the opponent blocks your attacks
>Nubatama (a specific flower's seeds, figurative for the blackest of black) - Edgy demon-dragon ninjas and furries; focus on hand control and Act of Treason-type effects
>Tachikaze ("cutting wind") - Cyborg dinosaur military; focus on sacrificing units for advantage with plenty of "when this dies"-type effects to take advantage of it

>Dark Zone (black/dark) clans:
>Dark Irregulars - Demons, mutants, psychics, and other outcasts; resource ramp at the cost of cards in deck, has solid defensive power in most builds, and massively powerful effects once set up; most builds run a serious risk of decking themselves out
>Spike Brothers - Literal fantasy football; suicidal aggro with many ways to go for all-in plays
>Pale Moon - Dark carnival (also features creepy dolls); set up a board each turn, then hide it away for the opponent's turn to avoid removal
>Gear Chronicle - Steampunk engineers named in Sumerian and Babylonian taming clockwork animals based around the Chinese Zodiac; they have Birthing Pod as a keyword ability, and tucking effects are one of their main mechanics. Consistently a high-tier clan

(continued in next post)

>The Star Gate Extra Booster for Vanguard
yeah boi, we gonna have support for D-Robos and Victors

Threadly reminder that Yugioh is the greatest weeb TCG.

>Zoo (green/nature) clans:
>Megacolony - Mafia of insectoid tokusatsu/"Power Rangers-style" supervillains; focus on tapdown control and summon restrictions, as well as abilities to give opponent cards negative effects
>Great Nature - University of furries; focus on massive power buffs, units that die at the end of turn, and ways to replace the dying units
>Neo Nectar - Fae and plant-people; rewards for playing multiples of the same card at once, can stack huge amounts of power

>Magellanica (blue/water) clans:
>Bermuda Triangle - Loli pop idol sirens/mermaids; focus on bouncing themselves and various combos on ETB
>Granblue - Undead pirates; focus on self-mill and reanimation
>Aqua Force - Cyborg navy with leviathans; focus on attacking a lot, hexproofing their units, and on-attack effects

>Star Gate (colorless/space) clans:
>Nova Grappler - Wrestling foundation of mecha, superheroes, and aliens; focus on attacking over and over again, and blowing card advantage for flashy finisher turns
>Dimension Police - Mecha, tokusatsu/"Power Rangers", and any other Japanese superheroes you can think of; focus on having more raw power than anyone else and hitting harder than anyone else
>Link Joker - Link Joker is effectively 3 clans disguised as one. The support for each rarely cross between subclan lines.
>>Star-Vaders - Cyborgs with negative energy fields, ruled by giant machine dragons; focus on control with "locking", a temporary control mechanic that limits the opponent's ability to play even beyond the unit locked
>>Messiahs - Silvery alien things; focus on locking your own units, then unlocking them for bonuses and extra attacks
>>Deletors - Abstract alien things; focus on weakening the opponent a lot and then rushing them down

>Other clans:
>Cray Elemental - Elementals; generic support cards that can go in any deck
>Touken Ranbu - Husbandos; focus on lots of things; started as an April Fools joke, and now is seeing tournament tops in Japan

I'm just wondering what other Blau stuff will show up in it.

Also been finding the salt from LJ players online funny. "We only get 15 cards?!" after just getting a clan booster.

>thought about buying into Yasuie
>hesitated
>GB-13 spiked all the Yasuie prices
>thought about buying into Victor
>hesitated
>G-EB03 spiked all the Victor prices

Wow, thanks for the write up user. I'll definitely look into it.

Still open to other suggestions; I'll be reading up on TCGs for a while before deciding.

I got Murakumo stuff as it came out, rarely spent more than $4 for anything. Funny to see Trial Yasuie go from sitting at $2 for months to $10 in a week.

There are a couple other decks I'm considering buying into, and I'm hesitating (which has so far not gone well for me), but I'm not sure which one I'd prefer.

If you want to try out Vanguard, there's a program called Cardfight Area that's essentially a Cockatrice for Vanguard. I could walk you through the basics of the game if you'd like.

Depending on the viability of the clan and upcoming support as you experienced.

I doubt Yasuie stuff will stay high after a couple months post-GBT13. The stuff there is solid, but shit like Chaos Breaker and Overlords will easily push them out of the scene.

Also, at least for the new stuff coming, due to ZRs being two per case (For 13 and 14 it's one of them for each nation focused on, and for nation boosters it's two of their's), expect the market to flood with the non-ZR stuff. Right now can get Yasuie Genma for less than $1.80 in Japan.

Alright. I might just wait for GB-13 to be out for a while and pick up Yasuie. Otherwise, these are the decks I'm considering:
>Claret Sword
>Diablo
>Scharhrot
>Shiranui
>Somehow trying to make a budgetish build of Fenrir

Been seeing a slow trend downward for Scharhrot and Shiranui. GBT14 has Dark Zone support, though nothing known so prices won't flare up yet.

Shirayuki is a funny example of older cards jumping in price from a reveal. Blurry pics of the new G3 and stride for her and the older stride triples in price.

I've been seeing it too. The problem is, I can't determine out of those five, which I'd want to get the most.

Playing on sims I enjoyed Scharhrot. Soul filling retires are always solid and Dark Irregulars in general have interesting cards. Sometimes hard to decide between them when building a deck.

Same here, but I also enjoyed the cascade-style toolbox of Claret, the pressure plays of Diablo, and the mindgames of Shiranui. I like Fenrir because I can spend 10+ minutes on a combo turn, but I could just proxy the cards to solitaire with, like I do for the Magic decks I like.

Heh, well hopefully can narrow down a choice before any price spiking.

I was late on the Deletor train, so I'm waiting for prices to drop on Greiend and Aodaien before I really start. But watch someone sweep with Deletors and those prices lock or increase.

It's about $40 for a package of 4 Aodaien, 4 Greyend. Greion has dropped back to $8 each.

It seems that newest Nova G-Guard can also countercharge/undelete/unlock something just like the Aqua Force one and it gives +10,000 Shield if you have less dudes than your opponent's. I guess the full spoiler for the new Victor Grade 3 and 4 will be revealed in the Weekly Show and hope the new D-Police G-Guard can also turn face down cards bakc up

Ah, haven't checked in a while. Good to know.

Now to ponder what, if at all, out of the 15 LJ cards in the Star Gate booster will be a Deletor.

I've been playing Dragon Ball Super and to be honest, it's got a good community and pretty decent balance. There's a pretty wide range of decks, every color sees competitive play, pretty much every leader can be made into a decent deck.

There's room for tempo (blue has the equivalent of mana ramp) and while they're not insta-win, there's some room to combo.

>Nova Grapplers get a solution to both jokes AND their counterblasting problems
excellent, now i HAVE to buy victor, instead of daikaiser

Android-user from the last thread, I'd be curious as to how you're building your deck. It'll give me some ideas for mine.

>counterblasting problems
>not running Hungry Dumpty at a full 4

Considering this is a more general thread for card games I think this is the right place to ask.

How the hell do I get into a card game without losing interest too soon? I've tried Pokémon and MtG and, even when both are excellent games on their own, their wildly changing metagames turn me off too much, and this includes new sets.

For instance, let's suppose I'm playing Pokémon, and during the current game I managed with much effort to build a relatively decent deck (not a top tier one because who the fuck even has money for that, clearly not me). But as soon as I managed to get everything, a new set releases and I get fucked off by one or two cards and I must learn how to deal with the new cards.

Then I have to test again (assuming I actually learn how to build decks, I cannot even build a team in the videogames without it being shitty somehow) and get the new super uber rare cards (GX and Prism right now) if I want to have the slightest chance.

How the fuck am I even supposed to keep up? Or do I just give it away and lose interest?

There's a few ways to do it.

The first would be to get into something with set decks that doesn't rotate- like Modern or one of the Eternal formats for Magic. It changes very little, if at all, with new sets. The drawback is it's VERY expensive to get into.

The second would be to play games or formats that are cheap so you don't have to "keep up." Magic has a pauper format for example, with only cheap cards. Some games also aren't all that expensive. I've been playing DBS and I have yet to see a rare that isn't less than a dollar, and the super rares and promos are mostly $2-$4 with the exception of a few popular chase cards and even those won't make it into most decks. There's probably some other cheap games out there, it's just a matter of looking around and finding them.

The last is not to play competitively. So long as there's competition, people will pay to get new cards and better decks. You can pick up the cheap new stuff and be ok with losing more often than you might otherwise if you absolutely have to play in tournaments (though there' some budget decks in most games that will do decently well), or you can just play casually. I have friends that I played games with with just old cards (like YGO) or sucky decks (did that a lot with magic/commander).

It's really just a matter of figuring out what you really want to do.

Posting waifu

>The first would be to get into something with set decks that doesn't rotate- like Modern or one of the Eternal formats for Magic
Yeah, learned about them, I'm totally avoiding them precisely because of the cost.

>Magic has a pauper format for example, with only cheap cards.
Holy shit, once I asked in my FLGS if they had pauper. Their response?

>No we don't do pauper because in the end it devolves into an expensive meta anyways

What do I have to make out of that?

>Some games also aren't all that expensive.
I should probably also consider cheap games. I heard Weiss Schwarz requires little investment and equally little upgrading because you cannot mix anything, is this true?

>The last is not to play competitively.
Assuming that you have friends, of which I have none to play non-competitively.

>I have friends that I played games with with just old cards (like YGO) or sucky decks (did that a lot with magic/commander).
I also heard that you can invest in a single Commander deck and stick with the preconstructed deck without changing a thing and you'll be able to play decently anyways, how true is that?

The only known Deletor is a Crit Trigger reprint from the Comic Booster, hopefully you'll at least get another G-Unit or something since the current Japanese lists have half their G-Zones being G-Guards

Feels that way with the new Murakumo stuff. I just need GGuards and all the Yasuie strides since I'll never want to spare the soul for Shibarakku Buster and everything else is too slow right now.

Current lists I'm looking at (with prices):
>Claret Sword: pastebin.com/Pst7bGGY
>Diablo: pastebin.com/29SX7K6G
>Scharhrot: pastebin.com/GQVZDfGh
>Shiranui: Can't find a way to make a decent list under $150.
>Fenrir: pastebin.com/65BG1Q9U

>12 Draw / 12 Stand in Claret Sword / Diablo

That should be 12 Crit or 8 Crit + 4 Draw even

For your Fenrir deck see if you can find some Grappa / Valencia since you replenish your Soul when you Soul Blast them

I have the 12 stand in Diablo to minimize resource loss from the Diablo strides. Grappa and Valencia are good ideas. What's a good crit lineup in SP?

That's a problem (or benefit, depending on perspective) of the entire tcg model. My solution in mtg is to look over the

Waifu time?

WS probably depends on the deck. I think some of the cards might be a bit more expensive but not to the extent of other games. You really only get new cards when it's for your specific set. There is a format where you can mix sets but most people don't play that. Last I played there was a little power creep- it's possible that some older sets may not be on par with some of the newer ones, but some of the old ones might still be pretty playable as well.

For competitive commander, the precons don't even come close. They are pretty well balanced against each other though, so you can always play against other people with precons for fun.

Also, I think I've narrowed it down a bit. Narrowed down to Claret Sword, Scharhrot, and Fenrir.

>now seeing tournament tops in japan
You're shitting me.

cf-vanguard.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/wgp2017_t3_tokyo_2nd

have her my amon build
late game she makes in perfect guard or no guard against multiple crit and a deck full of triggers

Spike Brothers are so choice. I was playing them way back when Dudley Emperor was king. It felt so good to get the 10k intercepters as a set-up and bruise a bit, before going full crush rush the next turn. The new builds seem so foreign to me who's been out of the game basically since G.

If there's one thing I want it's Bushiroad to make one last vanguard 3DS game. It's the only way I can play the game and the latest one was a few years ago with GBT-04.

Right out of the gate in 2012 I played Spikes up till the middle of Legion era. The game died pretty quick around here then and it's not mystery why.

But yeah, trying to play newer Spikes feels weird. I like some of the things they do now, like Misery and such, but it just feels clunky if you don't have the right field. Yet to try with the newer cards in GBT13, maybe something there will click.

games having a bit of a comback, what with the outrage at konami as of late

Why are you ignoring Ani-Mayhem? Next up is Dragon Ball.

megacolony master race here

Yeah, pretty much as soon as the link summon stuff was announced the locals here gave up on the game. Not the most competitive group, and a lot of their decks were made near unplayable with the need of links.

Personally I don't see how the game managed to live so long. Between absurdly broken cards, a super volatile secondary market, and a common story among the player base being a bunch of thieves in the making.

Also Ancient Gears are the best.

To be entirely honest I'm amazed Vanguard is still alive. It's been, what, 5 years of constant, nonstop powercreep and it's still churning along? Combined with the absolutely repulsive secondary market that's more likely than not filled with speculatorfags from Yugioh where prices jump tenfold overnight and never settle due to price memory. And a game that's inherently more luck-based due to the trigger checks where you can just get punted out of the game from your opponent's luck or your lack-of?

Seriously, how is this game still around?

Asia and Europe really pulled the game up. At least if youtube is to be believed.

Also, like all weeb TCGs after Yugioh, it still has the "Well, it's better than Yugioh" crowd and I think the floundering of Force of Will contributed to people jumping back in.

I stick around because thematically it interests me and the locals here are pretty laid back. While other people sit around afraid of LJ and Kagero I have a bunch of Angel Feather, Bermuda Triangle, Megacolony and other less kick in the dick clans/decks.

It's fun, there's a wide variety of aesthetics in decks at any power level, and Bushi, for all their faults, isn't as bad as Konami or WotC yet.

so how long do you guys think it'll be before WOTC tries to make Duel Masters a thing here in the West again?

hopefully this time they avoid all the mistakes that torpedoed Kaijudo

I missed on Kaijudo's death. Just saw packs at Hastings and nowhere else and then one day they were gone.

How did they dump that one down the gutter?

Little to no alternatives that are good/growing.

They wouldn't, because "anime, ew".

When Magic collapses under its own pile of mistakes.

The game was imbalanced, it was aimed entirely at targeting a child audience while deliberately ignoring old fans, the show made to market it was shit, and there was a huge mismatch of aesthetic and card design leading to three pools of cards that are pretty easy to separate: Cards brought over from Duel Masters with little-to-no change, artwork brought over from Duel Masters and put onto a new card, and completely new cards.

>When Magic collapses under its own pile of mistakes.
I thought Magic was nothing but a big pile of mistakes.

>They wouldn't, because "anime, ew".
wut, that makes no sense, they already brought Duel Masters over here twice, why would they suddenly change their minds now, especially since they fully own it, so it's relatively cheap for them to bring over

>When Magic collapses under its own pile of mistakes.
way I see it, WOTC has never intended Duel Masters/Kaijudo to be a rival to MtG, but rather a complimentary game, with Duel Masters having a slightly younger primary age demographic, so while there definitely is overlap between the two, that's actually more of an advantage than you'd think

4x Terrible Creator Android 20
2x Encroaching Terror Android 19
2x Iron Hammer of Justice Android 16
4x Twin Sister Android 18
4x Twin Brother Android 17
4x Expanding Energy Android 17
4x Exterminating Energy Android 18
2x Chilling Terror Android 17
4x Trunks, Protector of Children
2x Son Goten, Family of Justice
2x Energy Power Gotenks
2x Hidden Awakening Kale
2x Martial Expert Tien Shinhan
1x Piercing Super Saiyan 2 Son Gohan
1x Ready To Strike Piccolo
4x Full Power Energy
2x King Vegeta's Surprise Attack
2x Enraged Gohan Awakening
2x Father-Son Kamehameha

The Gohan and Piccolo are a test for now and can be taken out for more Goten if you need more removal or more Curiosity Gokus/19s if you need card draw. Android 16 is pretty valuable since if the opponent doesn't have a way to deal with it, it basically locks down all their battle cards provided you have enough resources to keep protecting it. But against decks like God Ramp Beerus, Indestructable Zamasu, or any Cell leader variant, 16 is better off getting charged as energy or held for combo/discard fodder.

Because as gamers, we are so much more mature compared to the disgusting jap misogynists.
Or something stupid like that. I don't really see them publishing it again, since iirc Hasbro wanted to cut it off so it wouldn't eat into MtG sales.
Also the secondary market would be fucking retarded like MtGs, so kids playing it wouldn't be a thing.

>Because as gamers, we are so much more mature compared to the disgusting jap misogynists.
Duel Masters really doesn't have much of the "waifu" art that a lot of other Japanese TCG's have

>I don't really see them publishing it again, since iirc Hasbro wanted to cut it off so it wouldn't eat into MtG sales.
that was back when MtG was at it's height, these days it's in a bit of a decline, so WOTC might want to try something different now

>Also the secondary market would be fucking retarded like MtGs, so kids playing it wouldn't be a thing.
eh back during Duel Masters original run here in the States that wasn't really the case at all, especially since it was sold for cheaper than what MtG was sold for at the time, and I imagine that'd be the case with a new release

also assuming they're smart about it, they'd have a digital version available as soon as possible, so they can tap into the Mobile Game market as well(heck Duel Masters would work wonderfully as a Mobile Game, you probably wouldn't even need to change much of anything around unlike what Yugioh had to do for Duel Links)

The issue with anything digital is how poorly WotC would manage it and Hasbro would just tell them "Make it Hearthstone" and then wonder why it flops.

They're a business. They're not going to reboot a series that isn't going to make them enough money, especially with hasbro at the helm.

This. It was definitely aimed at younger kids and there was enough rule and design crossover that it'd be easy for players to transition to magic.

as I said, Duel Masters is already simple enough that it wouldn't really need to be changed much for a digital version

they've done it twice already, plus as I mentioned it's pretty darn cheap for them to bring it over as they fully own it, all they need to do is translate the cards and print them

so basically way I see it, a third US incarnation of Duel Masters is an inevitability, the question is thus when not if

I see a lot of people play Goten. I think I had that Gotenks in for a bit too. I may have to expand a bit past just Androids.

Curious about the Father-Son Kamehameha- how often do you actually get to play it? The only time I can think of it coming up is when they go for an early evolve or union.

A wild Goten appears

There's a completely different market for digital and they'd have to compete against hearthstone, and they wouldn't do well on that one.

You're also ignoring things like marketing, distribution, etc. It's not just all "cheap paper." And even then it doesn't mean they'd make a profit, much less a big enough one, off of it, especially with hasbro being so picky. Companies also don't want to waste money, so why remake a game that already failed in a market once when you can try something else or pour the same funds into a safer investment?

So basically the way I see it, never getting a third US incarnation of Duel Masters is an inevitability, no question.

Close. Right character, wrong card. I do like that he got Blind Luck though. That describes him and Goku to a T.

The thing with Goten is that 9 times out of 10 it's just better than Family Kamehameha especially now that he's searchable if you're using the Mighty Mask engine, Green leader splashing red can do some silly shit with that. The usefulness of Father-Son Kamehameha depends on what deck you're facing. The situations you do use it make you glad you have it though, since those situations tend to be "get rid of this big boss or you just lose" scenarios.

There are some diamonds in the rough, and Magic could truly be a good game if WotC were halfway competent. The basic structure mostly holds up, some of the one-off mechanics they've had are interesting, and a few complex and fun card interactions are scattered in there - albeit most are too slow to actually happen in a real game, or too expensive to buy into for just casual play.

Have you looked at MtGO? It's a shitheap that's had the same issues since it came out over ten years ago.

It's not a matter of how simple it'd be to translate over to digital, WotC has just long proven they don't know how to program.

>that was back when MtG was at it's height, these days it's in a bit of a decline,

I didn't know having more players than ever and selling more cards than ever was a decline.

The game isn't nearly as big as it was in the 90's. It doesn't help that the game design is in a rut, and is honestly inferior to a lot of these Japanese games and even western competitors like Netrunner.

You seem to have a really weird idea of what "big" is if it doesn't include stuff like amount of players or amount of cards sold.

Not really. You went from every kid having a deck back in the day to them catering to a smaller group of obsessive fans who buy whatever product comes out. If Hasbro can fix their online clients then maybe they could stay relevant.

Seems like FoW is pretty damn dead in the US, isn't it? Despite some hiccups, it's doing pretty well here in EU, probably thanks to the recent bans. Any of you play it, and if so, how is assistance as of late?

I'm in the US and there's a bit of a scene where I live. I can't say the Ruler ratios in the new set are going to help the game's vitality, though.

I play it in the US. I think that it is supported pretty well, and the promos and prize support that it gets are pretty cool. I think that the current rotation is pretty good, though I agree with the EU bans in that Captain Hook being banned is a good thing.

>And a game that's inherently more luck-based due to the trigger checks
For some people that's a positive thing. Casuals and people who are bad at games can win a little more this way.

>5 years of constant, nonstop powercreep and it's still churning along?
Ah well, it's not really any different from yugioh or mtg in this regard. You can usually play your deck for at the very least 6 months before you have to buy the new support.

>Seriously, how is this game still around?
+Huge appeal for the casual crowd
+anime art
+The anime has been running constantly
+There are always people looking for an alternative to yugioh and they usually jump ship to Vanguard

I honestly believe that Vanguard would have overtaken yugioh back when it first came out if Bushiroad had organized proper tournaments.

Also, triggers add a bit of a strategic element. Do you run heavy crit triggers, for better chance at sacking? Or do you run triggers with utility effects, for increased consistency? Do you recycle your drop zone, lowering the ratio of trigger:non-trigger? Or do you risk decking out?

Depends on the area. It's pretty dead where I live though

How do I build a Yuki deck anyway?
I haven't played since the movie decks were released

You have a very warped perception of what Magic was like in the 90s. The playerbase has never been bigger than it is now, which plays out in both large event attendance, visibility at cons, and the actual amount of cards bought.

Having not followed CFV tournaments since back in the day they did single elimination. Have they stopped that? I never took tourney results seriously because of it.

Is Hook that backbreaking outside of Lumia?

And is Monocolor just not viable enough to have been a response to Hook?

The secondary market for CFV seems pretty damn bad. Been thinking about getting into it, and I'm drawn to Angel Feather because they seem like an entire archetype of Injection Fairy Lily, but some of the prices on cards seems ridiculous for an archetype that (from my limited understanding) doesn't seem to be doing anything in the meta. At least with YGO when an archetype loses its luster the prices usually reflect that.

Price memory is the bane of CFV. I remember back in the pre-Set 5 days just because something was known as a perfect guard it kept a minimum $10 price for a long time even for a garbage deck like Megacolony back then.

Also it seems like CFV singles don't move very fast after a few months. So places aren't inclined to reduce the price after the initial rush if they still manage the occasional sale.

>play Dark Irregulars
>both versions of the competitively viable onstride unit are pretty cheap
>the restand stride is just now getting over $8
>even the G Perfect Guards are cheap

Seriously, though, check out the Celestials. They're a subclan of Angel Feather, and they're so cheap that the SP versions of some of their more important cards cost less than the regular printings of Gavrail and her support.

He's a /pol/tard trying to meme "magic is dying" into reality. The only problem is that most such folks aren't actual magic oldfags so when they try to talk about how things were in "the good old days" they fuck up the details, like appealing to the 90s when Magic was provably at a high point in the early 2010s (And probably growing steadily since). They'll get bored soon enough.

As for Weeb CCGs... um... Really I'm just getting started. Here's some art of a Ruler I was thinking of building for wanderer/kitchen table?

you're an idiot

>MtG powercreep
Aside from Fatal Push, no cards from the last 4 years have had a real impact in the non-rotating formats. You could have bought the cards for Scapeshift what, 5-6 years ago? If anything, sets are being under-powered now to keep the older formats expensive.

>what is Eldrazi Winter

Hook is not backbreaking outside of Lumia, but that deck was to be the de facto best deck had only Pricia and Griphon be banned. Furthermore, it is a very unfun card that locks your opponent out of the game in turn 4 and mono color strategies are too weak to keep up with the rest of the value generation in Lumia. Basically Lumia Hook was a midrange resonator value deck with a turn 3-4 "Do I win?" check if you opponent didn't deal with Hook.

Should I get into the DBZ card game if there's a good scene for it in my area? I wanteed to play FoW, but the scene died in my town afaik.

Kitchen table, limited, standard, are the most important formats in MtG moneywise. There's been a lot of powercreep in Standard mostly, regarding Emrakul, that mythic that cheated stuff out with Energy, just a few examples. A Modern example would be Eldrazi Winter because the dev team was retarded and stubborn about wanting to make cheap costed Eldrazi, disregarding Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi temple.

All the new eldrazi are fine, the problem was having 8 sol lands that were printed in, you guessed it, older sets. And wow, what got banned? The old cards that were too good.