MTG Ban List Predictions, anyone?

Standard: No Changes

Modern: JTMS and BBE unbanned

Legacy: No Changes

Vintage: No Changes

1v1 Commander: JTMS, Search for Azcanta, and Sylvan Library banned

Whatever will help them push the new product

>Make cheap colourless Eldrazi
>Don't foresee how fucking broken they would be when there's only one other set with Eldrazi in them

Punishing Fire unban in Modern would be the way to go in that case, to push IMA since Grove is in the set.

Hopefully not Eye of Ugin unbanned in Modern

>Don't foresee how fucking broken they would be when there's only one other set with Eldrazi in them

Wouldn't more sets with them make them more broken?

The argument is that the number of sets Modern has would mean that they can't test the power level of cards effectively. Of course, this is retarded when you only have a small pool of Eldrazi specific cards and they missed something like Eye of Ugin being broken.

Standard: No Changes

Modern: No changes

Legacy: No Changes

Vintage: No Changes

They didnt miss it, they just outright said they werent going to not make cheap eldrazi to potentially make a standard viable eldrazi deck just because eye of ugin, eldrazi temple, etc. existed already when they could just ban if necessary. It is possible they misjudged how powerful it would be in eternal formats though

>They didnt miss it, they just outright said they werent going to not make cheap eldrazi

It was the correct call I think. Should they not make potentially exciting new cards for their main format just because other formats have cards that break them, when they can just ban them if they do? I don't think so. All i know is they made two cards each mirroring eldrazi temple and eye of ugin, both directly fixing design issues of the older versions, so.

Storm's good in Modern. There's no way Jace is getting unbanned.

I'd agree with this if Eldrazi hadn't been strong for so long. It felt especially dumb after the Twin banning too.

Keep in mind this whole problem stems from the fact that Eye of Ugin was once an exciting new card for their main format to begin with.

And Standard has a lot of other problems too.

Them putting Standard as the main format is just the source of almost every problem in general, other than generating revenue.

Memedern: whatever hurted their lil sissy players this time.
Rest: no changes.

t. Pro

>Memedern: whatever hurted their lil sissy players this time.

Pls yes, I want the only decks that can beat me gone. Will open up like 7 sideboard slots to shit on my good matchups even harder.

Standard: No changes

Modern: Bloodbraid Elf unbanned

Legacy: Deathrite Shaman banned, Mind Twist unbanned

Vintage: No changes

1v1 Commander: JtMS, Azcanta, and Sylvan banned

Modern: Lightning Bolt
Legacy: Lightning Bolt

All this bitching about Mishra's Factory after EW makes me a lil scared that they might restrict it in vintage. Also from what I understand people are sick of DRS in Legacy.
V - Mishra's to 1
L - DRS Banned
M - No changes
S -No changes

I expect Modern to unban Bloodbraid Elf. Some people are speculating on SFM and JTMS but I think that's too optimistic. I wouldn't be surprised if something is banned out of Storm but I doubt it.

I doubt JTMS is going to get an urban. Especially with the new design space walkers live in now

>Standard
Copter is back.
>Modern
Stoneforge Mystic and BBE are back, Baral is banned because WotC hates Storm.
>Legacy
Chalice of the Void is banned.
>Vintage
No changes
>1v1 Commander
Chrome Mox is banned

>copter is back
How fucking dumb can you be
Attune with aether will be banned

All formats: white males

I really hope you're right

They have to do either to cockblock energy otherwise not a single RIX/DOM box will sell until october.

>Check 1v1 Commander results to make an informed opinion
>See 5C Bruse Tarl list
>It's not a mireport some asshole 5/0d a league with Bruse Tarl + Thrasios with Bob, Bloodghast, Lilly of the Veil, etc. by having Tymna on his list.

I hope this has been patched since it's a pre-tutors ban list, but for fucks sake MOL never ceases to amaze me with how shit it is.

>Modern: JTMS and BBE unbanned
Every fucking thread you must shit up with the same thing.

>Chalice of the Void is banned.

Almost zero chance of this one happening in Legacy, Chalice enables decks that fight the cantrip cartel and forces deck building decisions outside of 4x Brainstorm, 4x Force shells.

When's the next bans? Also hoping for Tron Lands for modern and Attune with aether for standard (even though I built an energy deck, I understand that it and maybe even something from rannump red needs to go)

I would love to see Tron go, it's literally the only reason more midrange decks aren't viable.
Hell, it is the ban that should have been made from the start. The only decks that have received a ban since RTR that didn't lose naturally to Faeries, 8Rack, MBD, Hatebears/D&T, BlueMoon, and other discard/stax heavy incremental advantage decks were Pod and Eldrazi. But you can count on those decks to police the format when they all have 10/90 vs the "hurr durr tap three lands to blow the board" retard that loses to every aggro and combo deck.

>But you CAN'T count on those decks to police the format when they all have 10/90 vs the "hurr durr tap three lands to blow the board" retard that loses to every aggro and combo deck.
Fuck you keyboard

Standard will ban either Attune or the thopter maker guy.

>GP Oklahoma top 8 was 3 Tron, 2 Titanshift, 1 Dredge, 1 Through the Breach, 1 Living End
>Finals was a Titanshift mirror with zero interaction
>One player boarded some interaction in and it lost him the match because he drew it when he didn't need it

Look me in the eye and tell me that Modern doesn't have a problem with uninteractive decks I fucking dare you to try. It's getting ridiculous.

attune please. I would like to build a fun jeskai energy deck and it really helps.

That would be the smart decision
Modern > Chalice Ban, BBE Unban
Standard > Attune Ban
Vintage > Mishra's should probably be restricted
Legacy > DRS ban

It's cause they cant reprint the good counterspells or strip/waste modern needs better defense/control options it's why there's a good defense for JTMS coming back, but he fucks fair decks the same as no interaction decks. We need better counterspells / early disruption

If you kill Tron and the discard/permission decks can actually fucking play without "lol boardwipe" assfaggots ruining their tiebreakers. There will be interaction in Modern.

The problem isn't the lack of Counterspell and Wasteland, the problem is Oblivion Stone, Ugin and Karn.

Standard: Saying impolite things on facebook gets you DCI banned
Modern: Saying impolite things IRL gets you DCI banned
Vintage: Saying impolite things in your private diary gets your DCI banned
Legacy: Thinking impolite things gets you DCI banned

hey I agree, if it were really up to me I'd ban UrzaLands or if I had a time machine make them legendary. We still do need better stall/ counterspells though

I'm actually tempted to write an article based on the question of whether Modern truly is as healthy as people think and submit it to some big sites to see if anyone wants to publish it. It's a question that seriously needs asking.

Would you go at it from a neutral angle or are you proposing it is unhealthy? I'd go for it, maybe get some pro input?

modern honestly was looking well, DS killed aggro decks together with storm and everyone was forced to pack soem interaction, even control was makign a comeback. But that's it, Tron came back to remind us why modern is always linear aggro or combo. Meta is still wide open and next tournament people will arm themselves to fight tron, but overall the format will go back to aggro stuff, maybe jund will make a comeback to prey on the aggro boys, or maybe DS will keep doing jund better then jund.

I'd be as neutral as possible, but I honestly find it hard to understand why people associate diversity with health. Imagine a pokemon tournament where you get either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. Sure the top 8 will be a roughly even split, but could anyone really say the competition was healthy when every single matchup was either a one sided stomp based on who picked what before the event began, or was based on who went first in the mirror? It honestly boggles my mind how people can look at top 8s like yesterday's and think Modern is healthy.

People have been decrying yesterdays top 8 as awful since the info got released. People were praising the diversity before that, but tron is the bane of diversity, forces the format into linear aggro or lose.

Would you say unbans or bans are the way to go about fixing this?

The way is to grasp why using common cards and packages is not evil kkk format killing

>no tron
>format is fun interactive and diverse
>OG tron makes comeback
>everyone whining about linear shitty meta
really makes me think whether to ban Karn or tower.

It's not clear what you're trying to do here.

Strip is too good for even Legacy, retard.

>Unbans
Not really no. While there are some cards that are probably safe to unban (Stoneforge Mystic, Bloodbraid Elf), I don't think they're going to do anything that will stop people going T4 Scapeshift take 36.

>Bans
Again no. There are just too many powerful linear decks at this point with too many cards between them.

>Reprints
I think this is the way to go. Wasteland in Modern would make small mana 1/2 colour decks better while picking off key lands like Tron pieces and Valakut, and even helping against 3 colour decks with greedy mana bases like Death's Shadow. The main concern with Wasteland is colourless decks like Affinity and Eldrazi Tron who can use the mana early on then walk into the club and slap your girlfriend's ass. Stifle and Counterspell should honestly go without saying at this point. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Modern needs Force of Will, but it certainly wouldn't dominate the format if reprinted, and would give control a way of surviving the early game plays. Hell I'd Force a T1 Goblin Guide if I had nothing else to do with my cards.

>SFM
you're still alive? try changing that

Eye of Ugin is retarded.

If it just tapped for two mana it would be a Legendary Eldrazi Temple. Which is still pretty good.

Giving discounts though means you can get more than 2 mana of value out of it in a single turn sometimes which is unacceptable. And it tutors.

Ban tron. No pussyfooting around, no turning modern into legacy, just remove the cancer completely and be done with it.

Insert Stoneforge Mystic into any of the top 8 matches yesterday and she would do absolutely nothing. Maybe against Dredge? But even then they can just Conflagrate her with little issue because they find the card so consistently one way or the other.

Pic related, I've played with Stoneforge Mystic before.

Nice counterfeits

I really hope they just hold standard being fucking ridiculous one of these times around just to reprint some strong cards for modern, Opt comes to minds as why this is good.

the lands then? or karn.

lands

Why does Storm want a 4 mana brainstorm?
You know Legacy Storm doesn't play Jace, right? It's not a Storm card. 4 mana spells that don't win you the game, that's totally unacceptable for storm. And Jace doesn't win the game outside of a control shell; he's only wins you the game if the board is locked down and you can fate seal or there's just one beater to repeatedly bounce. Grindy planeswalker value is shit for a fast combo deck like storm.

>Hell I'd Force a T1 Goblin Guide if I had nothing else to do with my cards
user you are paying one life and giving up card advantage
CONTROL BEATS BURN BY KEEPING LIFE HIGH AND GENERATING CARD ADVANTAGE

Nothing says keeping life high like getting smashed in by goblin guide

Well obviously he means that Goblin Guide generates card advantage for YOU.

This
Also that's not very polite

Magic: Harassment gets you banned.

Sorry I meant Mishra's Workshop

Don't forget the most important one: Being in a MTG facebook group where some of the members are rude/right leaning will get you banned because you don't report them to Wotc immediately

Magic: Provably False claims of Harassment get the victim of the false claims banned

Eye of Ugin's big thing was that there weren't any Eldrazi cards when it was printed. Nor any nonartifact colorless cards.
It was a weirdass thing predicting the next set, and once said next set came out sorta kinda helped make said set's big fatties something approaching playable (alongside the Temple), at the time.
As well, Standard is a good idea. Not a good implementation, and they've certainly fucked everything up, but the concept of just needing the past 2 years of stuff and thus not needing to obsolete the prior years' stuff OR needing players to acquire the prior years' stuff to play at all isn't bad. Having it as the main format isn't bad either - it's them being so fucking chickenshit about it combined with the secondary market going fucking batshit that's a problem, combined with the MUH DRAFT excuses

Wishlist:
Travis Woo is unbanned.
Alex Bertoncini is banned.

Realistic Predictions:
[Insert Republican here] is banned.
[Insert cheater or thief here] is unbanned.

Fuck WoTC

100% behind you man.

>it's them being so fucking chickenshit about it
I Cube. So when mechanics like Madness, Cycling, and Flashback return it's something to get excited about because finally there are going to be enough cards to pull off a solid discard-centric design.

Basically I've gotten nothing. Even going back to the original Innistrad. They're just taking vanilla creatures and stock set skeleton effects and just slapping the mechanic to them. There was only one card with Cycling and Unearth in Amonkhet and it was that 3/3 Flying for 3WW.

If Wizards' goal is to make any old players have zero reason to buy their product, it's fucking working.

Especially this bit:
>secondary market going fucking batshit that's a problem, combined with the MUH DRAFT excuses

>Alex Bertocheatini
>Ever banned
Lmao.
Try to ban one of the troupe and Mr. Extasis will give you some stitches.

user that's not how colour identity works

I think he means MTGO bugged hard on partner.

His entire crew is full of lowlifes. Between Craig Berry boasting about how he scammed his way to riches, Ralph Betesh being a stereotypical "frat boy" tryhard, and Rachel Agnres being an attention-seeking whore.

>Being in a mtg fb group

I fucking shiggy diggy son.

Guy added a tymna to his online list so the partner flag on MTGO added another partner and thus allowed him to splash black (exploiting the system really)

It's hilarious to watch "adults" complain about persecution and censorship because someone took away their toys after they broke a rule.

What rule?
What rule did they break cunt?
Protip: None because Wotc has zero control over what you do outside of their tournaments and official pages.

And the punishment was being banned from tournaments, that you just said they control? What did you think happened, the police came and put Woo in jail?

>If Wizards' goal is to make any old players have zero reason to buy their product, it's fucking working.
fact

Ban
Primeval
Titan

So, in your deranged mind it's fine if they randomly ban people for what they do, outside of their jurisdiction even if you have breached no rules?
Whoa, sounds like a great fucking game and marketing technique, thank god I stopped playing years ago, although I, as a private citizen, have called people faggots and queers and much worse so I guess I was banned anyways lmao.

Your crossboard rhetoric is showing. Private citizen was a dead giveaway, and people who post here are generally too old to use shitty internet acronyms.

I play a mediocre brew and Tron and titanshift are my easiest matchups by far. It's really not that bad

Thoughtseize banned.

>I don't even play magic
>but i'm here to bitch about magic

Do you know how sad that is?

Spreading seas is a good card, but not everyone can run it.

Playing loampox actually, it's a pretty sweet time

>strandard
attune with aether is banned

>modern
stoneforge mystic is unbanned; ancient stirrings is banned; gifts ungiven is banned; bloodbraid elf is unbanned; jace, the mind sculptor is restricted to 1

>legacy
deathrite shaman is banned; mind twist is unbanned

>vintage
mishra's workshop is restricted to 1

Stubborn Denial

Fair enough, good on ya. Smallpox is bae.

Ban Tron, allow modern to play control decks.

My most satisfying game in almost 20 years was landing an Azusa with crucible in play and ghost quarter in hand against tron

Everything with a white person

#ItsOkToPlayWhite

If artifact lands are banned tron lands should be banned. It might even be interesting to unban artifact lands if ravager and plating get banned.