Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1932: Upside Down & Inside Out Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RF_I8B_ap8o
pastebin.com/TKcq85zp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fiat stops you from getting completely absorbed by the Speedforce in any dimension.

So....how do you guys solve Entropy?

THE MOTH HAS SPOKEN!

Jumpers, how do you feel about monarchies and have you ever been royal yourself? How well did you do with that?

Jumps pre-2016 were shit, with maybe one or two exceptions, like Sword and Sorcery.

Prove me wrong. Hint: You can't.

You don't solve entropy. You snag any worthwhile shit and take off to the next universe, leaving the dross to fend for itself.

Could I just wank that I have Spellfire Wielder as a feat in the Forgotten Realms jump? I mean, it feels like the kind of thing you would need to purchase, but the jump is... yeah.

No clue how many people actually played this game as a kid, so I may be wasting my time here, but it's worth asking.

For the Amazing Island jump, does anyone have any suggestions for how I should handle the monster making mechanic?

To give a very barebones explanation of the game: you play as a 9 year old boy whisked away into a magic story book to fight a huge ass demon called the "Black Evil", and to defeat him, you have to face off against a series of minigames to eventually make your way to him. The interesting bit is that you have the ability to design your own monsters from scratch, with a shocking amount of control. Depending on how you made them, monsters would have different stats, and you would use them to fight in the minigames, because the main character himself is still 9.

However, jumpers don't really need the monster to hold their own in the challenges, and in general, the monster's physical abilities are only really impressive when compared to a normal human. It doesn't help that you only seem to be able to have a single monster active at a time.

What do you guys think?

I really want to make a jump of this game, since it was such a huge part of my own childhood, but I'm still wary of the actual feasibility of this whole thing.

>implyings jumps post-2016 aren't shit.
>implying any jump isn't shit

Adjust the local laws of physics or just add magic.

It's not an actual problem.

I dunno, but I've got about 10^100 years to figure it out, so I'll just put it off for a few trillion years.

First of all, that sounds pretty cool. Second of all, how does the kid create the monsters? Magic? A machine? Depending on what it is, it can be either a perk or an item, the capstone of whatever origin is based on the boy. Something like this could be plenty useful to early Jumpers, or Jumpers that just want to make minions.

Are there any perks that grant awesome evil laughter?

Hm, I'd say I'm pretty chill with the idea.

Only actually been a royal twice so far though.
First was back in Hellboy, the Fair Folk considered me (and The Dagda while he was still kicking) to be royalty due to my/our status as the last pure-blooded Tuatha De Danann.

And then in Rome, where I seized the throne of Ptolemaic Egypt, claiming the will of Amun Ra and Khonsu jointly bestowed the throne on me.

Being the Moon's TYPE, I can manage eclipses on demand, so people were pretty happy to get me sitting on the throne after a nine-day long eclipse...and displays of how their weapons broke on my skin.

Rome was suspiciously happy to have me on the throne. Probably because I paid Egypt's debts in full and dropped an asteroid on Ctesiphon when the Parthians demanded tribute for some inane reason.

Still not sure what they were thinking.

Oh, I played the absolute shit out of this as a kid. The minigames were just okay, but making monsters was the star of the show by far with how much shit you could do. It is still by far the best monster maker in any game I've ever witnessed. I see what you mean though about translating it into a Jump's format though, since most of it was purely fluff based with the stats seemingly randomly generated at the end.

Hrmm, maybe you could make a supplement with the different customization options, relegating certain stuff to certain sections (like the skins to one section, the accessories to another and so on), simplifying certain things into more general/customizable purchases(horns in general could be condensed if you'd prefer to open it up instead of writing about each one individually)? And then just have the major part (skeleton/body type and stats) as the primary things people would be spending on?

I say that because stats were usually random, but that could be replaced with a point buy system. I think body type was usually one of the biggest contributors one way or another too, huh?

I wish there was a way to translate the Quiz too, but that seems like too much to ask considering the work needed to somehow make the questions relevant to varying customization options.

It was kind of a spawning pit inside a tree reliant on the child's imagination, either personally designing the monster inside of this mirror pool on the wall or answering this quiz style questionaire delivered by one of the natives. Once you were done with the basic framework, a fruit would drop from higher up inside the hollow with the monster popping out.

I'm the god of rebellion of impudence. I subvert such levels of authority on basic principle.

Once Upon a Time does, I think.

One word: MAGIC. Fuck your laws of reality, I have spells and sorcery!

I love monarchies! They're just so much to conquer and rule over, and you won't find princesses to kidnap in democracies, I'll tell you that. And, of course, I myself am a monarch, a tyrannical emperor! And I actually do really well, because while I might be an evil overlord and an oppressor, I actually know what I'm doing. Really, if I wasn't a bad guy, I'd actually be an amazing ruler that people would love to have.

But who cares about that, it's more fun being bad!

There are plenty, one is in Classic Spyro, another in SWAT Kats, Diabolical has a free perk for that, and I believe Once Upon A Time and Classic Sonic both have perks for it as well? Not sure on those last two, though.

Huh, sounds cool. Yeah, that would definitely be a good capstone item then.

The monsters are made in a giant magic tree that "turns the child's imagination into reality". Not even kidding, the reason the residents of the book needed the kid is because they psychologically lack the ability to imagine.

The game grumps did a few videos on it, if you want to see the basic monster creation process, before you unlock most of the customization abilities.

youtube.com/watch?v=RF_I8B_ap8o

I'm thinking of having a pseudo-scenario, where you get to take the tree with you, regardless of background, if you beat all the challenges.

>or Jumpers that just want to make minions

Then do you think I should scrap the 1 monster limit entirely, at leas post-jump?

Monarchy is great when there's a good king, terrible when not. Constitutional monarchies are the only stable kind over long term, even if it partially cripples a good king.

>Really, if I wasn't a bad guy, I'd actually be an amazing ruler that people would love to have.

What kind of policies do you put in place to ensure the suffering of your people?

If memory serves you have even longer than that until there is very little you can do. I feel like it was 10^100^10 but may be wrong.

Can anyone else not find repo the genetic opera on the drive? Or is it just derping up for me again

Hm, yeah, it might be a bit outside my comfort zone, but a supplement is actually a great idea for how I could handle it.

The main problem then is that I don't actually have the game anymore, so I'm relying on my own, surprisingly clear memory from my single-didget years, and a handful of early-game Lp's, but I'm sure I can manage. Even if I couldn't this is probably a bit too important of an aspect to brush off, even if I don't go with the supplement.

Really? I was pretty sure the theoretical max of entropy was supposed to be reached by around a googol years or so.

I imagine Brutus might have mis-placed it. Given you used a black background, either he put it in imaged or just forgot to place it period.

Try re-uploading and dropping him a note.

It was a fairly simple game, I had it too, probably wont be that hard.

Now will there be a trading card item because I spent way too much time on the randomized card game you got when you connected to the GBA

Ah, yeah, that's a shame, that's why I've never thought to do Amazing Island myself. Haven't been able to find the game in years and my memory is pretty terrible so I don't remember anything close to the amount you probably do. I wish you luck no matter how things turn out though AmazingAnon.

Holy shit, is that actually a thing? I always just played on my big brother's gamecube, so I never knew about anything that extended past the console, I think I do remember him mentioning something like that. Can you give me a brief run-down?

Wow, that's pretty cool, actually. As for the pseudo-scenario and one monster limit, maybe the item gets you the tree that lets you make one monster, but if you beat the not scenario you can make as many monsters as you want to make?

Oh, what policies DON'T I enact? Totally unfair taxation, forced labour to build statues to my glory, constant propaganda about how awesome I am and how hopeless it is to defy me and that you're just going to have to live a miserable life under my rule, plus I enjoy smashing monuments, relics, and the like that aren't dedicated to me, my family, or my empire just for fun. I also make sure to mess with everything the people consider beautiful or wondrous, like burning sacred trees or using shadows or storms to block out a amazing celestial event.

Finally, the best way to make the people miserable? I leave one town or area alone. Completely alone. I let them live happily and free, I don't desecrate the area, everything is beautiful and hopeful. I let them believe that, perhaps, everything is okay now. That they don't have to be afraid anymore. That they can just live in peace. And then I come in and I destroy everything and scatter them to the ends of the Earth. "The higher up it is dropped, the worse the crash will be. Hope is the best spice to bring out despair."

Being such a repetitive kid is starting to pay off. I Didn't play all that many games growing up, but when I played, I played the absolute fuck out of it. I can probably remember my own cousin's faces with less clarity.

Oh yeah sure! Basically in the big chief hut you could communicate with the GBA and import your monsters or monster cards you found from the competitions into a deck of like, 3 monsters. I have no fucking clue how the game designed it but basically your monsters got assigned an element (water, earth, air, fire) and 2-3 attacks, and you basically pokemon battled it out with other cards.

In fact if you beat enough rounds, you'd get chests for more parts too that you comm back to the gamecube with

1.science perks work by science
2. Science perks work in any universe
3.there are Science perks that allow for Ex nihilo energy and mass generation
3.There are Science perks that allow for dimensional travel.

thus we can create energy from nothing and And use Dead universes as heatsinks when the local one gets too hot,We have plenty of prep time and since the first law of thermodynamics is false and many worlds interpretation is true we can do that about thing.

Also you can rule that your law from genius The transgression is that the second Law of Thermodynamics Includes the phrase "only if" and then take the Boosters That Make It Truet,thus turning into a science perk like I did.

>if you beat the not scenario you can make as many monsters as you want to make?

Yeah, that could work.

Is that how you sterilised those schoolgirls?

I ignore it. It's going to be 10^14 years before entropy becomes a problem. Statistically speaking, even if I attain some form of immortality, I'll probably be dead by then anyway. My whole species, too, there are just too many deadly things in the universe for us to last a hundred trillion years. So I figure it's probably not worth worrying about unless something starts really accelerating the issue.

What... the fuck. As much as I want to play it up and sound disgusted, I'm not even gonna bother hiding my curiosity. Knowing bancho, I can just smell that this'll be simultaneously hilarious and depressing.

Ok, I'll try to work something in. thanks!

>Ton of evil stuff
Neat!

Usually I just go around and indulge in a bit of slaughter and general butchery when I get in the mood.

Otherwise I'm pretty tame, especially compared to you. Don't really have it in me at this point to engage in that kind of cool, calculated sort of evil.

Brings back memories of the good old days though. Those were nice...

Hm, does your family like to join in with the oppressing, or do they prefer to just watch?

You know that thing in anime where a token lesbian character will grope another girl's boobs for fanservice/laughs? He chemically sterilized a girl for that on the grounds of punishing a rapist. It was either that or he believed she raped the other girl, but considering that never happened in the series, several anons proposed that he got the plot of a doujin confused for canon.

I don't know anything that happens in Prisma Illya 3rei or beyond- how fucked am I if I take that jump early in the chain?

>unless something starts really accelerating the issue.
Beware of punch wizards.

Is there anything that allows you to form your body out of something other than matter (or "life-force"/mana/soulstuff)?

In case of potatoes, the Anti-Bancho Alliance stands ready.

For the duration of a jump in a digital world like SAO, you're made of code. Haruhi lets you be an alien that's technically made of matter but really you're a Data entity with a physical terminal. Fate/ has the Third Magic which *probably* works along those lines.

Pretty fucked if you don't stay away from Kuro.

Waveform Anatomy should.

Ah, I actually meant "not life-force/mana/soulstuff". Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Worm has Imaginary Form which lets you create a body. The better you understand physics the better you can make it. Its largely limited only by your understanding of how things work.

Thanks for all the input, I'm here at the expense of my final project getting done, so I should probably scoot, but one last question while I have all this attention.

The only real limit on how many monsters you could have was your memory card space, if I'm remembering correctly, the monsters where so complex that one of them took up the same amount of space as an entire game on the card. I'm thinking of somehow incorporating that into the jump, but I can't decide if that'll be some kind of drawback, or the limit on the amount of monsters you can have active at a time post-jump, if I go with DeSu's idea. Any alternative suggestions before I leave?

Being a Rakshasa in Lord of Light gives you a body made of energy, as opposed to matter.

The monsters did indeed eat up a lot of blocks on a memory card each. If you're looking for just alternatives to think on, it could be similar in concept but more thematic of the series, only being able to imagine/memorize so many monsters at any one time.

What?

So, like, what do you actually want to be made of, if it's neither matter or soul energy?

Do you want to be that living equation guy from Green Lantern or something?

Magic solves everything.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same thought process I was on, I was actually considering letting this "memory space" be the jumpers own memory. Only allowing them to use the monsters that they've thoroughly "memorized" but that kinda all falls apart when perfect memory perks get mixed in. But I can still do something along those lines, since it's still a cool idea.

>Usually I just go around and indulge in a bit of slaughter and general butchery when I get in the mood.
Nothing wrong with that, it's always fun to just go out and start razing villages!

Depends on the family member. Gaia disapproves of my wickedness, and plays the part of the merciful, kind queen to my evil emperor, keeping the people's hope from breaking completely. That's not to say she's a saint though, as her temper is something terrible to behold when unleashed. My eldest daughter Demetria is much like me, though she's a lot colder about it. If I could make a comparison, she's like a business woman who goes out of her way to make others miserable, because it's not enough that she succeeds, others have to fail. My middle child Neve is much less cruel then us, even going so far as to be gentle and soothing for the most part, but she can be vicious when she wants to be, such as that time she made a group of travelling merchants who offended her suffer the same fate as the Donner Party. Finally, my youngest, Noelle, doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She's all sweetness and innocence, and where we bring misery and despair, she brings joy and hope. Gaia and Neve usually encourage her, and Demetria and I love her too much to really try to stop her. If there is any light in a world under my rule, it's usually because of her.

Are ULFs limited by available biomass in their biofuckery or not? Because Kars having to sacrifice 35 of his selves to build a spaceship and leave Mars implies that they are, but then the doc says they can regenerate from a single cell or turn individual cells into other beings? I'm confused.

They tame Kuro pretty fast at first, and she seemed nice enough. Does she go crazy again in 3rei?

No user, I mean you are literally fucked. She will fuck you. Her entire thing is being a massive pervert who attempts to ride every dick she can find inbetween raping the other girls. So stay away from her.

I knew *that*. What I don't know is how figuratively fucked I'll be by whatever they find in Miyu's world.

I'm also fairly sure she isn't interested in any dick that isn't her oniichan's, but that's fairly immaterial to survival.

Tribal monarchies where the king is the most charismatic warlord and patriarch are pretty comfy. Legalistic ones where the king is just the supreme land-owner are pretty shit though.

Jorge is not always the most consistent novel.

Yes and no. They can indeed regenerate from a single cell and make new creatures from cells, but they can't just arbitrarily increase their mass past their maximum. It's like if they had a "mana pool" for flesh instead of magic. They can fill up to their maximum capacity and even split off independent pools, but they can't go beyond it.

Iirc the girls stay safe while Shirou goes and acts like a badass, so hang out with the girls.

And lets not forget that Kars was on fucking Mars when he mentioned needing the other Kars. For all we know, Kars was able to make up all that mass by absorbing microorganisms in the air alone.

Yeah, no kidding. Like an user from the last thread said, it's like a fever dream.

That sounds reasonable, I'll go with that.

They sound like a lovely bunch, and it's always good to see children taking up the family business.

I take it that's Evo's Gaia?

What kind of "unusual effects" might the Old One Sword from Tortall produce?

>she can find inbetween raping the other girls.
So no Jumper is safe, regardless of gender they are,

...what would you say the immediate and short term consequences of removing Kuro's head would be?

I want to show you something fun /jc/ I wanted to finish them all, but lost my inspiration half-way through. Give me your honest opinions about it! and pardon the grammar errors.
pastebin.com/TKcq85zp

Sword And Sorcery has Cast Aside This Vessel.

Just prevent her from being born, it's fairly easy. Don't let Illya's magic go out of control and be split off into a slut.

Also you're not safe from her in GO either, she's a welfare Servant which means you're probably gonna meet her during your stay and she'll try and glue herself to you.

>short term consequences
Illya and Miyu will be mad because they don't like people being killed like that, even if she rapes them all the time. And Shirou will try to kill you because he sees her as an adopted sister and doesn't know she's a turbo-slut because Shirou.

Chances of Brainiac finding out I have his stuff via Stolen Research from Metal Slug?

And chances of him coming after my pearly white ass.

Oh, they're wonderful, and I'm so very proud of all of them. Demetria is an absolutely wonderful villain, and even Neve has her moments when someone offends her by hurting something or someone she cares about. Noelle might not follow in my footsteps, but she's still my darling little princess, and I adore her nonetheless.

Correct! She might not approve of my villainy, but we still have a happy marriage for the most part.

Oh, another Genesis update? Cool-

>Jojo Part 1
...oh. Oh dear.

I don't really think offering OC companions that are just like canon characters is a good idea. If I wanted canon character companions I'd buy canon character companions.

I know other jumpmakers do it but that doesn't mean I personally like it or think it's a good move.

>Jojo Part 1

Just treat him like you do DD when he pulls the same thing. Ignore him, because he wants attention and it's not getting on the drive anyway.

Question for you Valeria, if you have Capstone Boosted Jumper Cult and Capstone Boosted All Hail Me from Konosuba.

Based on that alone how much would that buff your stats? Obviously dont need an exact number but say if you were a regular person like Kazuma statwise (barring luck) what would it let you do? Feat-wise (lets just use strength as an example)

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing anything. Two perks and a joke item? Whoop-de-do.

Probably puts you to the high end of what adventurers in that world can do physically. Probably at least as tough as Darkness, if not quite a bit more, and then with equivalently high speed and strength. You're probably at least able to make some pretty big craters in the ground by stomping or hitting it but you're not blowing up mountains or something big like that.

Does someone have the Chad version of banchô's OC?

>Just prevent her from being born, it's fairly easy. Don't let Illya's magic go out of control and be split off into a slut.
Well, that should be ma-

>Also you're not safe from her in GO either, she's a welfare Servant which means you're probably gonna meet her during your stay and she'll try and glue herself to you.

....that less so. And if things keep going as they are, I won't even be willing to kill her or send her on suicide missions by the time I get to that Jump! Maybe Deon will be willing to a bite the metaphorical bullet for me and be the magnet for her attentions...poor man.

>Illya and Miyu will be mad because they don't like people being killed like that, even if she rapes them all the time. And Shirou will try to kill you because he sees her as an adopted sister and doesn't know she's a turbo-slut because Shirou.

The first two I can handle...probably.

Shirou though...this Shirou hasn't gotten to see the contents of Gate of Babylon, correct? 'Cause if not....well, I should be able to take him. If he has though, probably be better to let my Golden Army drown him in numbers.

>Oh, they're wonderful, and I'm so very proud of all of them. Demetria is an absolutely wonderful villain, and even Neve has her moments when someone offends her by hurting something or someone she cares about. Noelle might not follow in my footsteps, but she's still my darling little princess, and I adore her nonetheless.
>Correct! She might not approve of my villainy, but we still have a happy marriage for the most part.

It's truly inspiring to see a villain end up with such a wonderful family. I'd be happy if I ended up merely half as blessed. Until then though, I'll content myself with laughing at Hera and her sham of a "monogamous" marriage.

Ah, lovely to see a Planet incarnate like that. Much easier to enjoy yourself when your consciousness isn't spread out over the entirety of a celestial body. If only my Gaia was half as fortunate as your

Did you seriously get permission for this nigerrshit? Honestly, it's a little disjointed. It looks okay by itself but everything is a little rough for what it is and the whole thing is incomplete.

Eugh.

>implying anybody is going to get permission from JoJo.

No matter how many times I see it, I'm still in disbelief that a person exists who finds this aesthetically pleasing, and that's not even accounting for the saw, belt, feet, trench coat, and jumpsuit.

Keep in mind those feet are in boots.

Never mind, I found it.

>...oh. Oh dear.
haha dont worry I will put the wip for Genesis this week. Just that I had an inspiration to write some perks for that after rereading the manga.
I planned to make them different in someways to their "canon" counterparsts but I see how that may be misrepresented
Yeah, I just wrote them today and wanted to share.
No I did not, given Jojo is gone. Its just a personal project of mine.

That somehow makes it infinitely worse.

>pardon the grammar errors.

It's painful. Like, Shiki cutting you into seventeen pieces painful.

As for the actual content....the ideas behind the perks aren't bad, but I'm not really willing to judge until it's cleaned up a bit.

....I'm actually tempted to just start going over it now for corrections and suggestions, but time is not on my side tonight.

Looking forward to Genesis though!

Oh I wouldn't worry about it, my friend. All good things come in time, and we have all the time in the world, don't we? And as for Hera, well, there is something amusing about the fact that the goddess of marriage is constantly cheated on by a husband she hates and didn't want to marry in the first place, isn't there?

Indeed, as incredible as the planetary form is, there is something wonderful about taking on a form that is able to interact with others in such a manner.

>It's painful. Like, Shiki cutting you into seventeen pieces painful.
My grammar is as horrible as my handwriting irl and I usually prefer to check for grammar errors after everything is done.
>Looking forward to Genesis though!
Thanks!

Evil is for dorks

>I planned to make them different in someways to their "canon" counterparsts but I see how that may be misrepresented

Are you really so uncreative? No wonder you're so slow when it comes to jumpmaking.