/wh40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General

Don't link the last thread to this edition

>Fill in the survey, ask GW for a skitarii HQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=fJQLyBpT4n8

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2017/12/40k-needs-a-counter-spell.html
discord.gg/vS6B3S
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nth for chaos BTFO

Why does Chaos always get its shit kicked in?!

Because they're the bad guys.

And more people buy loyalist marines.

Mandrakes. Seriously, what the fuck are they? Did lore ever give us a real answer?

Natural consequence of being the designated villain.

What's Cypher's deal?

Because GW/BL have shit writers and do not have the competence to use their IP properly

So are Blood Angels at the top of the power pyramid with IG and Eldar now?

>Eldar
>Top of anything

They prefer bottoming

Probably not - melee marines just can't achieve the body saturation that 8th edition requires.

They're good though

>BoLS is already complaining about Blood Angels being good and inventing new stratagems to neuter them
belloflostsouls.net/2017/12/40k-needs-a-counter-spell.html

I swear, people who write about games should be required to submit them Battle Journals™ so we can know who recently bodied them and just laugh them off.

I mean they're right. Stratagems that happen before the game are kind of ruining the game with no counter.

But they're also list defining. There is no amount of CP that's fair to instantly prevent you opponent from executing their list properly.

Yea, its fucking hard to balance the game now that there's flexibility in armies with how they can play on the fly.

Does anyone here still regularly buy non-primaris marines?

I know primaris aren't great at the moment but I'm on the fence about selling my mini-marines.

As tyranids, what do I bring to a 2000 point game to deal with kastelans using triple heavy phosphor? 108 shots a turn from protection protocol seems like a pain to deal with.

I use them still. Bought a devastator kit last week

Keep them.

I will be for my Blood Angels I'm writing a list for.

>be daemons
>get shot
>have no way to counter ranged combat
Truly pathetic

The Horror
Mind Control from a GSC psyker

Maybe, maybe, if you let it be like a weaker mtg counterspell where it's "counter unless they pay x" would be fair like once per game. You could force your opponent to pay double maybe for their essential stratagem. But I don't think you'd ever want the counter to be repeatable, because it ends up taking a mechanic out of the game. People would have less fun for the same reason that playing against blue control isn't fun.

the last table top match you played, now has your opponent replaced by pic related. What, if anything changes?

Even better, make it a once per game you pay 3 cp and make them double the cost of their strategem. If they cant pay it fizzles.

>What, if anything changes?

Win or lose, I introduce them to my baseball bat collection (consisting of only one bat) that I keep in my car at the conclusion of the game.

>(consisting of only one bat)
getaloadofthisanon.jpg

To be fair eventually EVERY one will have stratagems that allow them to pull off some no-fails ass-ramming now and then

Once upon a time, vortex grenades were a universal cure-all to cheese.

Exactly. Fight cheese with cheese.

Nothing, its just a person

Post bootlegs

Its almost as if game became interesting again, but not quite.

>five Cyphers, more than enough to kill anything that moves.

It was fun while there werent any codices, but for the time being there are just vastly superior choices for about everything

>Literally Gathering Storm

Love this hilarious meme, haha, u win 9 internetz!!

Is an all-Militarum Tempestus army viable?
Should i just buy 8 SC boxes and run 6 squads with plasma, 2 command squads with melta and command rods and misc tauroxes?

t.ADB

Should be viable since all your stuff is so good, dakka transports and plasma guns for days

>dropping $640 on 40k
Holy shit dude calm down

Literally Callidus Assassin

>8 SC boxes
Nigger, just buy one and then a couple of regular Tauroxes and a few boxes of Scions.
When I read posts like these I feel like I'm talking to a toddler.

>bols
Fuck that patrician blog. The Paul Murphy is cool, though.

Tyranids lose battles more than Chaos though.

They also fight more

Is there a general 40k discord server? I saw a 40k humor discord server somewhere. Is for a friend

Fuck off normie

If I knew I'd tell you, but I don't

Why would anyone play other chapters that dont have access to unique rule sets anymore?

GW is going further and further from '' your dudes '' mentatility.

discord.gg/vS6B3S

There's this one. It's slow, but it's there.

New infotmation about the Primarchs from the new Fabius novel.

-One of the Lost Primarchs during the first centuries of the Great Crusade went into the dark heart of the Ymga Monolith. It's implied that what he found inside caused his purge by the Emperor. What did he find inside?

-Trazyn said that he came close to capturing one of the a Primarch a few centuries ago. The novel takes place in 900+ 41M. A few centures ago could be 800 or 700. Which Primarch was he referring to.

-The Primarchs record information and memories into their genes. That's why cloned Primarchs recall the memories of the original. Cloned Primarchs do indeed have the same was presence and awe inducing presence of the originals.

Well it's not like you can't create a fresh DA/BA successor.

>implying

The lore features Chaos way more than the Tyranids.

>3 red
>2 purple
>not one in each colour of the rainbow

>Which Primarch was he referring to.
Could be Vulkan, Dorn, the Khan

Vocal minority, there quite obviously are way more nids than there are chaos worshipers and all they do is fight

>Dorn

He is dead. Replace him with Russ.

>-One of the Lost Primarchs during the first centuries of the Great Crusade went into the dark heart of the Ymga Monolith. It's implied that what he found inside caused his purge by the Emperor. What did he find inside?
This is sounding promising, got any more details?

I like the idea that Vulkan is stuck in an 8000 year long game of hide and seek with Trazyn

Dorn is firmly in "never found the body" territory.

The numbers of daemons in the galaxy now outnumber the Tyranids many times over. Notice all these daemonic Warpstorms

Dorn is alive and well though, dumbdumb
Someone else, however..

>What did he find inside?

The old 30k fluff. He had to be stopped for the consistency of the current fluff.

>Which Primarch was he referring to.

Probably Khan, he disappeared into the webway.

You got a body?

>This is sounding promising, got any more details?

No more detail. Just a piece of information spouted as commentary when the "heroes" passed nearby the Ymga Monolith on their way to Solemnace.

I got an arm and I know Primarchs cannot breath in space.

>discord
kys

>what is the Sus-An Membrane

>see this > 1 galaxy of Daemons?
>it's > multiple galaxies of Tyranids

Whoops I was thinking of the Mucranoid. Point still stands - it lets even normal Marines survive void exposure. Primarchs are fine.

Because if chaos wins we get AoS and fuck chaos for getting us that.

The pain of losing my unique rules is assuaged by the salty tears of my opponents as I use the broken ass Raven Guard stratagems to assault with my entire army on turn 1 then warp away with the leftovers to cap my own backfield objectives when I'm done and be -1 to be shot at.

You've got a hand at most, not even an arm
Also if space breathing was your manner of determining who lives, they'd all be dead you dumb shit

Magical bdsm boys and girls?

I said in this galaxy, you illiterate.

And you still wrong. There is a whole limitless universe of daemons waiting behind the viel of reality and they are slowly but surely flooding the galaxy but sometimes with great bursts like what happened in the Great Rift.

Rowboat fought in space

I agree in so far that the game gets an unhealthy amount of turn 1 charges. I like actually having a movement phase and not much else except some inaccurate artillery turn 1.

It protects them for a limited while now indefinitely. We know that no Imperial vessel have picked up Dorn and Chaos vessels would see him dead.

Looks like chaoscuck delusions are getting more and more extreme

There's a zillion other possible explanations and you know it.

The point is Dorn is out of it for now but the writers can bring him back with a mechanical hand at any time.

Sorry but the Hivemind was shown to be smalltime in Devastation of Baal. I am sorry (not) that the fluff is on my side.

And I tell you again, if that was your method of determining who lives, we'd only ever have Rowboat and Lion el Homo

anyone got an eta on a decent scanned copy of the dark angels codex.
I got an azrael, some watchers in the dark and a few terribly painted deathwing need using.

>Lion el Homo
implying that true SM love is NOT homosexual. Unless servitors are not considered people, in which case.....

I'm looking for a good scan of chapter approved if someone could help me out

Give it two weeks.

>we'd only ever have Rowboat and Lion el Homo

Both of them are in status.

Vulkan was last seen fighting the Beast and then disappearing in the nuclear explosion that followed. He is a perpetual so he most likely survived that.

Russ disappeared into the Eye but was later spotted wandering n the Ghoul Stars near the time that novel took place.

The Khan disappeared in the Webway and there are rumors in the current Dark Imperium timeline of his return.

Only for Dorn there is only silence.

With a Interrgator Chaplain, Eye of the unseen, and also Reivers. You could achieve -3 leadership bubble.

If you use this negative 3 with a Psyker, using Mind Wipe or Trephination could be fun.
Think this is valid tactic? (Not on about top tier comp, just fun n viable)

Why would he need to breathe in space? He was on board a space ship when he went missing. A big ship. Ship capable of transporting smaller ships. Ships that he could have used to get out of there. Or we exclude warp portals and other crap like that.

In Eye of Terror a Dark Angels marine was ejected into space during the Heresy and he drifted in a coma till M41.

It's in the mega in the OP

Its not even out yet you fucking dumb piece of shit

I would like an excuse to use her.

Theirdudes in a slightly different color =/= yourdudes. Not to mention that the focus on particular characters.

So how come you find the 'he gon retuen u guyz' rumours believeable for russ or khan when they have the same "he'll return some day" prophesy status as Dorn you idiot

When somebody gets tabled what happens? Does the game immediately end?
Will you win if you're tabled but have more victory points?

Shit. Sorry.