What fighting styles exist in your setting, Veeky Forums ?

What fighting styles exist in your setting, Veeky Forums ?

youtube.com/watch?v=4YtZE2d4XFQ

Blue sword Master race.
>loads of crits
>loads of status effects
>stunlock bitches left and right
>no damage wasted on overkill
>damage can never be completely nullified so effectively ignores armor
Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

Fully agreed.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW WITHOUT KNOWING THE DETAILS OF THE SURROUNDING SYSTEM SUCH AS DAMAGE REDUCTION, HIT POINT MAGNITUDES, AND CRITICAL HITS

But I want to kill in one shot.

>DR/2
your move

>damage can never be completely nullified
Damage reduction 1.

Enjoy watching zeroes appear over your enemy's head while he rocks you.

>Weapons have diffrent speeds
I might be autistic but im not stupid user

It's a Wuxia setting.

So, basically fucking all of them.

Well, personally, I think anyone who finished school but doesn't know Newton's second law, is pretty stupid.

No 10 speed 5 attack yellow option?

yeah boy

punching, kicking, fencing, shooting and combinations of those four

it's a perfect system

>his crits do an exciting 2 damage
>he expects his pathetic baby cuts to stun anything worth caring about
>he doesn't know about unworthy hits bouncing off targets
Red sword a best. Take the biggest heaviest metal object you can find and use it to beat up the biggest nastiest monster you can find. That is the way of the greatsword, and it is the best way.

SPD+END beats all other combinations unless the difference is so minuscule so as to make the statistical differentiation meaningless

Depends on how damage scales, and a host of other factors (especially what other stats there are and whether heavy armour fucks with your speed)

Pretending there's a universally optimal build across different games is laughable, whereas max damage is universally the coolest build across all games.

>heavy armour and poise laughs at your minimal attacks and stunlocks you with giant claymore swipes that knock you on your ass

I haven't really fleshed them out yet, but for the weapons that can have styles, there's five known sword styles for both one-handed and two handed, two of which specialize in dual wielding, and at least three axe styles.
And Fishhooking, specialty of the desert races originating from Dogbolds. It uses large hooks.

Dere's smashin' wif big heavy fings, an' cuttin' wif choppy fings, an' pokin' wif pointy fings. But only gits poke.

>SPD means you don't hit me
>END means I outlast you
pleb
While true I generally find in RPG's dodge is THE stat, as eventually damage becomes mostly irrelevant as a single hit becomes too powerful and not getting hit becomes the priority

I knew these would come in handy.

Well I'm stealing the shit out of this. Those could be pretty terrifying desu.

And possibly my favorite.

In what system?

Well with that logic I can say my high Cha makes you kill yourself before the fight

>Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.
Yeah,but still.
checkmate

Welcome back to 2010.

Blue sword yellow armor. Green sword is a close second.

We tanking now bitches.

Green weapon is objectively the best damage
I'll pick Green/Green for stylin' points

>implying you can dodge a more skilled opponent
They will bait you into stepping into a swing

>Green weapon is objectively the best damage
Not if everyone wears yellow armor

True

objectively yellow is best VS yellow
VS yellow armour
blue 6400
green 5400
red 6000
yellow 6500

>steel horseman
Sounds pretty fucking awesome, like pic or Mad Max

A few of the choices are gimped as fuck but the better choices are more or less perfectly balanced. Red is objectively shittier than blue, dealing less than, or equal damage against all 4 armor types. Green sword, blue sword, and yellow sword all trade off on best damage dealer based on the armor type they're up against, with blue being kind of an all rounder, being the very best at hurting blue armor, and no less than second best at hurting any other armor type. The same is mostly true about blue armor, except that it's third best against green swords.

>turn based game
>1 damage per 1 attack per turn
"But at least I get to go first!"

Why would you not choose Yellow The Mountain?

At first I thought I was going to read a thing involving black people without a dbz reference but I was fulfilled

What about Brazilians and Blanco Shaggy

Well, Veeky Forums?

Yellow Sword, Green Armor.
With as much damage as these weapons are dishing out, that DR isn't gonna do much. Much rather just not get hit.

>Regular people
All those people look like they'd hiss at you if you shone a flashlight into the dark corner of a coffee shop advertising free wifi

The Green armor means you miss nearly 1/4th of all your attacks.

>Trusty Sword
>highest raw damage
>can attack the most times in combat of any choice, 30 times per minute
>can act outside of your turn to attack
>you can also use a shield
How can the other weapons even compare?

Martial Arts with weapons has evolved into a spectacle thanks to the God of Warfare rewarding those who turn the art of conquest into an art form. From weapons designed to be large yet light enough to swing to using incredibly heavy weapons with careful technique, to using eccentric weapons like dueling shields, to performing the most elegant of functional combat maneuvers like the pike advance, fighters who have strong faith tend to lean toward the fabulous side as this is what their God wants; for what is the glory of victory without the boldness of bravery?

However, not all fighters are fanciful. One race in particular has capitalized on their stunted awareness and turned it into a benefit; by tuning out the mental stresses of combat, pain, and struggle, beastly men withstand blows and lift weapons that'd ought to be too large for them. They perform this through either pure mental state or with the help of medicinal tonics and balms, or just straight up hashish. These fighters, capitalizing on their ability to withstand the thick of battle, often augment hooks, lassos, and other augmentations to their weapons that prevent foes from escaping their rage once they've wrought it. One notorious weapon of this fighting style is the Hook Greatsword, a giant machete with a large curve at the top that would normally send someone flying from its weight, but the "hook" at the tip instead sends them spinning to the floor, or at least in place.

The green sword implies that speed is worth twice that of attack, so blue sword would be best. But also that's for total fucking faggots who pick shit like paper in rock paper scissors so I'm going with red.

Plot twist: max hp is 130, you fucking autistic retards

simple,
at first the best average damage weapon is Blue and the best average armour is yellow.
then since people is start to adopt Gweapon and Yarmor the new best weapon is yellow and the new best armour would be Green.
then since people is start to adopt Yweapon and Garmor the new best weapon is Green and the new best armour would be Green.
then since people is start to adopt Gweapon and Garmor the new best weapon is Green and the new best armour would be Yellow.
then since people is start to adopt Gweapon and Yarmor the new best weapon is yellow and the new best armour would be Green.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

Green weapon DPM
>5400 vs yellow armor, 6426 vs red armor, 6156 vs blue armor

Yellow weapon DPM
>5700 vs green armor, 6035 vs red armor, 6210 vs blue armor

Red weapon DPM
>6080 vs green armor, 6000 v yellow armor, 6120 v blue armor

Blue weapon DPM
>6080 vs green armor, 6400 vs yellow armor, 6256 vs red armor

On average, red and blue armor are the worst, green is good vs yellow weapon but yellow armor is the best overall unless it's against a blue weapon. The blue weapon has the highest average damage against all the armors, only slightly edged out by a green weapon vs red armor, but better against everything else. Yellow armor/blue weapon is the ideal choice, the only combo with an advantage over you is blue weapon w/ green armor.

In terms of meta answers, we have that
Green Armor>Yellow Sword>Yellow Armor>Green Sword>Green Armor>Blue Sword>Red or Yellow Armor.
Red Sword is generally weak, and the meta could be better.
I'd go Blue Sword/Green Armor until someone comes up with the Green Sword tech, then Blue Sword/Blue Armor for maximum Blue.

I feel the green armor is edged out by the yellow, simply because of how hard it fucks over the green sword.

But the Yellow Armor suffers vs the Blue and Yellow Swords, and the Blue is the jack of all trades sword so it would be a pretty common match-up (the Yellow Sword doesn't matter much since it's just a tech vs Green Armor).

>doens't calculate colour weapon Vs own colour armour
Why?
>(the Yellow Sword doesn't matter much since it's just a tech vs Green Armor).
Do you mean yellow armour?

Definitely coolspear. I'd always pick the one with the greatest range.
Hook swords are tempting though just for the style points

>LE TRICKY FISHOOK MAYMAY
[There is no God, only my Godly intelligence]
Get your LOL! on at: Veeky Forums.org

Red Sword, Blue Armor, Red Armor objectively shit, even in a dynamic system.

Before anyone asks, starting populations don't matter after a couple dozen generations.

Yellow Sword needs certain conditions to remain viable (armor balance favors yellow over green, basically).

On the whole though you'd be best sticking with Blue Sword, Yellow Armor both to start and also just as the system cycles through fads.

Granted, this is assuming 1v1, because fuck you, I can't be bothered to do more than this.

This wasn't necessary but I love it.

Nice autism my man.