Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/no-spring-skips-its-turn-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Are you more excited for Geist 2e or Changeling 2e?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/
drive.google.com/open?id=1QYA3lo1Duv1KNHw1F170ej4yaqUC-La-
drive.google.com/open?id=1hk2kFgY9bRuOGWqF_UwLMoXOxQbatJ5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some of the forsaken ones are really good.

>It’s more then just a LITTLE racist that “only Asians can become Kuei-jin”, which is stated outright in the KotE book,

There are actually ways around that.

>Changeling 2e
Yes. Unlikely to run it any time soon(unless I can convince my playgroup) but I like the ideas behind it well enough

>Geist 2e
I do hope they can give sin eaters clear goals and expand on the underworld material. I would say that I hold my fingers crossed for it

I also like the thread picture so I'm oddly positive today

I'm really unsure of how to implement the azlu in a side plot without having that overtake the firetouched + Krampus plot

Can we all agree that the Tzimisce are the best clan ever?

Maybe skip the azlu. Some meddling spirit could offer a challenge without being too overbearing

>Are you more excited for Geist 2e or Changeling 2e?
Changeling 2e seems more and more like disappointment, especially compared to 1e which was arguably best of all 1e games and even when compared to Hill's preview it seems underwhelming.
Geist failed to grasp my imagination with 1e so I don't really except any miracle with 2e.
So I guess I am pretty meh about both of them.

Really excited for Changeling! Going to ST my first game in it very soon.
Any advice to new storyteller with troupe that has never played CofD?

Depending on interpretation of "wraith or Cathayan" and whether sadhu gets to choose or if those are really different things. Then a Kuei-jin court has to find them after they rise as a mindless graverobbing zombie and decide to perform the fourth level rite to restore their sentience instead of crushing them under a rock.

For regular posting you can use the v1 captcha with Veeky Forums x, it's been working just fine for me.

Given the precision it allows in the other options, I'd say it would let the sadhu choose.

It's worth noting that the version of that in v20 allows you avoid spending a permanent willpower point,
as long as you can get 5 successes on the activation roll.

>when the krewe sells out

Here is an idea.

Don't Kuei-jin spawn at random? Which is annoying for the Kue-jin numbers?

Couldn't a sadhu work together with the kuei-jin court to manufacture new recruits?

>Are you more excited for Geist 2e or Changeling 2e?

I can already tell that I'm going to have to be selective with Changeling 2e. I like what's been done with Contacts but shit like Hedge navigation relying almost entirely on speed and the shoehorning of ABUUUUSE into literally every mechanic is going to require some homebrewing to fix. Also, I find it absolutely ridiculous that the original preview had like thirty functioning kiths, but they just couldn't be bothered to include them in the actual book. Poor show.

Geist only really requires some fleshing out of certain elements and tangible concepts. I really like the idea of the game and if OPP can add that stuff without fucking up everything else I'm hype.

Hmmmmmmm sounds better and might make it easier to ramp up to the pack of flamey douches and their totem of holiday humbuggery, but not I can't have him explode into spiders before he dies. tradeoffs I guess...

Since when were Chase scenes solely determined by speed?

Geist for me. Preview sounds interesting.

They're not, but speed generally the most important trait a character has when engaging in a chase. This makes little sense for navigating the Hedge unless you're in an area where the Hedge is actually trying to grab you.

How much reading does one need to do in order to read the end time books and understand them?

>As inspiration I imagine. You have to remember that there are also ST out there who don't enjoy making lore, and rather just react to players, though I doubt those are common on tg.

I am one of those Dms and find the city example pretty lacking. They are too broad and not enough meat to them to flesh them out.

If i want a already made city i stick with few non-shit city books.

You need to have a fairly low IQ

Our last game was WtF in Bangkok. Now we're doing Forsaken by Rome.

pick up Parlor Games, an already made adventure featuring a big azlu

It's stated that Trods don't require chase unless Changelings are in a hurry.

>find it absolutely ridiculous that the original preview had like thirty functioning kiths, but they just couldn't be bothered to include them in the actual book

In slight mitigation, there will be an entire supplement on the subject, Kith and Kin.

I'm really proud of my party for how quickly they picked up the plot hook for their first Mystery.

There was some hesitance to act but they got all the info they needed to start by the end of the session.

How many vampires did they turn into lawn chairs?

If mages turn vamps into lawn chairs, what do the turn changelings into, garden gnomes?

Yes, and werewolves get turned into the finest quality rugs.

Mind sharing some details mate?

Changelings are better at turning themselves into assortments of furniture than Mages are at turning them

You have a serious problem.

You need help.

The party sees a homeless teen being followed by a small, emaciated, winged humanoid. Naturally, they decide to follow him all sneaky like until he enters an abandoned house. They reconvene further down the block to talk about it only for the obrimos arrow to notice that the little creature is watching them from the roof of the building they are standing next to. It's worth noting here that only the obrimos can see the creatures and they can only share their mage sight with one person at a time.
Naturally, they give chase and climb up the fire escape to the roof. The scene flounders a little as they try and fail to catch the little guy. Notably, the acanthus thearch successfully coaxes the creature close to her before lunging out to cast a spell on it, which causes it to run away and into the house the boy went into.
The moros guardian decides to sneak into the house the kid is in via the roof. While doing so, he manages to catch one of the little winged creatures via completely blind reflex. At this point, the obrimos, who decided to follow him, shows up and he hands them the creature. The obrimos, with a little help from control gravity, jumps safely out of a second story window to deliver the little creature to the acanthus.
The acanthus casts some spells and figures out that the creature is a guardian of some sort with a strong sympathetic connection to the boy and someone (or something) else. While the moros continues to sneak through the house.
Part way through the house, the moros realizes that the boy has noticed him and is planning on ambushing him when he gets closer. The moros decides that the time for stealth is over, casts fools rush in on himself, and walks straight through the doorway to the room the kid is in with a cheerful "hey kid, you alright?"

>cont

The kid is thrown off guard and the moros has a conversation with him during which he voluntarily takes q condition to quickly push through the kid's doors and learns that the angels were given to him by the blue lady. The moros, having once been a homeless kid himself, recognizes the name. There is a story commonly told by the children in the shelters of a mystical woman who can protect you if you know her name. He learns that the kid met the blue lady after getting his shit kicked in and thrown into the ocean. The kid doesn't know the blue lady's name, so she couldn't do anything for him herself, but she told these little angels to look after him.

The party gets back together outside the house and agrees that they should find the blue lady themselves.

So the game won't be playable for at least a year after the core is released.

More importantly, is there a Mystagogue in your group, and did he take one of the winged being to vivisect, errr...., comprehensively study.

Since it's part of a Kickstarter, Kith and Kin might be released sooner, particularly as the book might contain many of the kiths already developed by David Hill.

Indeed. Those winged things sound like a cornucopia of Arcane Beats.

Sadly there is not, and they let the creature go.

Veeky Forums came into existence after nWoD was already under way right? So the only place to get like ground zero reactions for the end times of oWoD would be from either forums that were around at that time or the now broken WW forums

It's me again, just providing a link. Still open for questions.
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/

>they let the creature go

Huh? You've got yourself a pathetic bunch of mages.

Wasted information.

>sad mysterium

I know, they're way too nice to ever become powerful.

You need to provide more temptation.

Try using magical items as bait for moral conundrums

They have an obrimos, man. They can MAKE their own magic items.

>All mages are assholes

It's a meme don't buy into it

Throw some vampires with seemingly redeeming qualities at the cabal.

Nobody is nice to vampires.

The moros player asked if someone was a vampire OOC and the obrimos player screamed "THERE ARE VAMPIRES IN THIS SETTING?!?!?!?" so yeah I think I have to.

Early career Obrimos lack the Arcana spread necessary for a lot of interesting and useful magic items. Prime 4 is nice, but without possessing a very broad Arcana base, the types of items the mage can create is limited. At lower levels, Moror with Matter are probably a lot more magic doohickey-versatile.

Found the caitiff

Even Dave thinks his mage babies are "right shits"

Yep.

>All mages are assholes
>It's a meme don't buy into it

No, ALL mages are Obsessive about investigating Magical mysteries. Being an asshole just comes with the territory.

A unknown magical being, no less not a threat to the mage, is like mage catnip for farming arcane beats.

Simply, consistently nice mages finish last.

Besides, they cabal only need to vivisect one of the winged being. Killing them all would just be gratuitous...

It won't. They scrapped all of Hill's kith work for the more boring ones presented in the core. The supplement kiths will follow the same bland formula.

I'm not gonna lie, they would find some great and useful shit if they cut one of those beasties open. I really don't think it will ever occur to them, though.

It's still in my que.

I see this trotted out all the time. Just because they have "Obsessions" doesnt mean ALL mages become fucking obsessed with mysteries and then instantly become knobbers.

I think the constant pinging of Passive mage sightis the real reason many mages become "asshats" because they really need to find out wtf is causing it and stop it.

All Mages DO become obsessed with Mysteries.
Not all Mages turn into dickheads because of it.

The pinging *never* stops. The CofD is a both a terrible and very magical place.

The vivisections, however, often help calm the nerves...

People will like you more if you stop talking about vivisections, Jim.

>Not all Mages turn into dickheads because of it.

No just the weak and pathetic mages who don't constantly explore the mysterious, learn about the supernatural and build their Gnosis and Arcana.

You'll likely never meet these "nice" mages as they're too busy watching reality television and eating Cheetos on their couch.

Most mages are dickheads, user. It's practically canon at this point.

>stop talking about vivisections

But keeping the winged being locked in a small cage under constant ever present scrutiny while performing all manner of intrusive and painful mystical and mundane tests on them would just be cruel.

Quick euthanasia and vivisection is clearly the moral and merciful choice.

>Nice Mage

>On todays episode of TG: the memeing....

>Not all Mages turn into dickheads because of it.

That's crazy. What ridiculousness will you suggest next, that some mages get along with vampires?

You can't euthanize something you're vivisecting.
If you do, it's just dissection.

Why would lack of kiths make it not playable?

>all of these people thinking that because Mages have Obsessions and that Dave makes dumb, oversimplified posts that all Mages have to be assholes who have no conscience or self-control
So you guys just don't use the Wisdom system in your games? You aren't worried about the considerable penalties that come with falling in Wisdom, and you aren't worried about only rolling 2-3 dice to avoid them? You just ignore that if you do succeed on the roll, that your character is supposed to have realized what they did was wrong, and why? Or do you think that vivisecting an innocent creature that has an important purpose isn't an Act of Hubris?

Hubris is for pussies.

>So the game won't be playable for at least a year after the core is released.
>Implying you NEED all the super special snowflake one in amillion kith no one ever heard of to enjoy Changeling
I bet your favorite V:tM clan is either Salubri, Children of Osiris or Lasombra Antitribu

I have a player who can't build character for requiem without him digging out some super snowflake bloodline so I wouldn't by surpraised if this was the case

>They scrapped all of Hill's kith work for the more boring ones presented in the core.
Let's not kid ourselves that Hill's kiths were somehow exciting or super interesting, but at least there was a variety.

Euthanasia means literally good death. So it's in fact possible to vivisect and euthanize in the same time if it's comparably better to the alternative.

I played with a guy who got super butthurt about people gently asking him to not play a Wendigo Garou.
Game was set in Norway.

People who talk about Mage in here mostly don't play Mage. They just like theorycrafting Arcana usages.

Wisdom is not morality.

Repeat: Wisdom is not morality.

>Rookie error

There is clearly at least one (1) person in this thread who actually plays Mage.

>this is what anti-magefags actually believe

Yeah, buddy. I'm sure you don't play your favorite splat(s) either.

I shat myself blue fucking the garbageman

To be fair, there's so little interesting about Requiem core that you can easily exhaust everything you find intriguing about it in one or two games.

Gangrel and Mekhet are the only base Requiem clans I find even slightly interesting, for instance. And while I can make many different characters for each clan, sometimes you just want something else.

Well one I mentioned at least can be talked down from some of the dumber stuff. Another guy refused to play at all after I told him no on playing Brujah(requiem one- mexican biker ganger) in fuckin Poland. In game set in 1990

But my favourite splat is Mage.

I said mostly. It's pretty clear that loads of people base everything they say about Mage on theorycrafting rather than actual playtime.

I suggest making a different character instead of loking for a different label.

>There is clearly at least one (1) person in this thread who actually plays Mage.
And it's me!

Next session of Boston Lights, /wodg/'s very own Mage Chronicle in an hour and a half, don't let the Magefags get you down!

Both Mage sessions now in one document for your convenience!
drive.google.com/open?id=1QYA3lo1Duv1KNHw1F170ej4yaqUC-La-

'Tis the Season, a Mortals Christmas campaign if you're a scrub and don't like Mage!
drive.google.com/open?id=1hk2kFgY9bRuOGWqF_UwLMoXOxQbatJ5E

Keep the faith, true believers!

Yeah...no. First of clan is just your d&d race. It describes what you are but not who. So if that is a focus of character building then frankly I see it as going assbackwards.
Anyway I'm pretty damn sure half of the people that harp about bloodlines/kiths/legacies do it for superpower-of-the-week anyway

>thinking that you can do whatever you want and spin it as "B-but Wisdom isn't morality though. Consequences of my actions? Central theme of the game? What r those?"
Spotted the guy who has never played the game.

Hey mortalgameSTfagfromlegacyfagmagegame. When can we expect next mortal session log?

Wisdom isn't morality. He's not wrong, you dumbo.

>Avoids the central theme of the game by never doing anything bad.

Probably next week, we've had a scheduling conflict this week.

>First of clan is just your d&d race. It describes what you are but not who.
Quite a bit mrope than that ot be honest, it's more like an invitation-only secret club. Your character should always reflect some characteristic of their clan, or they wouldn't have been induced into it; it's fun to play subversions but there should be a damn good reason for that.

Oh I agree but there is a lot of things that make a character. Ventrue from Circle of the crone will look for characteristcs that will make potential childe fall in with the covenant of his. This characteristcs might make that person unfit to sire for carthian ventrue and so on.

Besides the fact that you undoubtedly do not understand the differences between classic morality and Wisdom, few characters (and most humans exposed to the supernatural in the CofD) ever maintain an Integrity-analog score of more than 5-6. A mage can routinely do a damn lot of what would be considered morally and ethically-challenged things at a Wisdom of 5-6.

I can also think of few things more boring, no less inconsistent with Mage's themes, that trying to play some "lawful good" Wisdom 9-10 mage.

Like I said, you can make many different Gangrel or Mekhet. But sometimes you want to make something entirely different from even that.

>Yeah...no. First of clan is just your d&d race.

It's really more like a combination of class and race in NWoD, if you insist on the D&D comparison. Clan tells you what powers you have access to immediately and which ones are easiest to upgrade, it gives you strong archetypal direction in regard to certain character elements, it gives you a pre-packaged weakness that will often effect how your character acts (for example, Daeva become easily obsessed with others), etc.

Sometimes you feel like you don't want to play the same clan you have before. So if you don't really find the other clans interesting, bloodlines are pretty good for changing things up. For example, I don't really care for Daeva, but I found playing a desperate refugee from the Nelapsi bloodline pretty damn fun.

>I'm pretty damn sure half of the people that harp about bloodlines/kiths/legacies do it for superpower-of-the-week anyway

Or they just like having an extra layer of customization. C:tL tells you that almost all Changelings are different from one another. Kiths help reinforce that.

We will have to agree to disagree I think.

Tho I do want to mention I will allow most bloodlines as long as they make sense in the given setting

Are you aware that its a bigger wisdom sin to kill somebody with uncontrolled magic than it is if you took the time to prepare?

Wisdom is about how much control you have over your magic and how much you abuse it. It is not about if vivisection is right or wrong. Though if you used magic to do it when you didnt need too then that might be a act of hubris but its because you used magic when you didnt need not, not that your treating the poor vampfag badly.

>I can also think of few things more boring, no less inconsistent with Mage's themes, that trying to play some "lawful good" Wisdom 9-10 mage.

>high levels are in the game's mechanics, but attempting to reach them is JUST NOT DONE, BRUV

okay.

>they accuse the magefags of not knowing how their game works
>they get wisdom wrong

:^)

A pc needs to be a proverbial saint to reach the very top of most Integrity-analog stats, and for mage, that means virtually never being able to cast magic.

I, and I confidently assume the vast majority of other Mage plays, don't relish playing a game about modern wizards and never casting spells.

However, I and others similarly have no objection to experiencing the mechanical and narrative penalties that will inevitably be incurred when magic is abused or misused.

Mage is a game about privilege, the abuse of power, the horror of human beings, etc. I am willing to explore those themes and have fun role-playing a wizard who actually used magic. If you have fun playing wizards that studiously avoid using their magic to always top off Wisdom and always avoid morally dubious, but very Arcane Beat-rich Mysteries, power to you, but you are in the extreme minority.