Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

PEAK shitposting hours, edition.

>Fill in the survey, THIS SURVEY IS A MEME
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

>Dark Angels Preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/04/chapter-focus-dark-angels/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=PbHLSx5lEvc&index=22&list=PLv3TTBr1W_9tppikBxAE_G6qjWdBljBHJ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer (thank Autism!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=2101593554
>Codex Blood Angels PDF Expires 16-Dec
sendit.cloud/bqk6c7c548ue

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TYjczEwCJy4
forums.warforge.ru/index.php?showtopic=240395&st=0
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/K3ns3JDOGE2asjf/Primaris-week-4/IORF435R4_ENG_Primaris_Marines_Release_04_July_29th.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR THE HIVE MIND

youtube.com/watch?v=TYjczEwCJy4
Thread motto

What do you guys think of my Dark Eldar Dark Reaper conversion? He's the first of 10. Still needs a Matt spray but that doesn't come til tomorrow.

Not happy with the helmet and might brighten up the gems after I've sprayed it, do a bit more highlights

Too much gloss.

Friendly reminder that the Night Lords are eight times better than others the legions.

Rate my Tyranid list.

>xth for everything that scares me is /pol/

The model is fine but the paint job needs cleaning up.

Oh so that's where the TERRIFYING Reivers (tm) got their silly skelly masks.
I like it

Do you think we'll get Primaris Deathwatch eventually?

Do not use flash to take pictures

a Friendly reminder

We're past the point of trolling at this point. The posts are genuine.

Looks ok. Little bit glossy maybe

Agreed it'll look less glossy when varnished, might try and manually remove a little with some alcohol on cotton bud.

Yeah I'm a shit painter, was mainly concerned the model looked good.

Thanks dude

GW should ban weirdos/memespewing shitheads/neckbeards and other undesirables from all the stores and events because it would sharply improve 40k experience, sales and perception of the hobby. Nothing of value would be lost.

Only people that fall into those categories would argue against this.

Wouldn't it be better to swap out a hive tyrant for a tyranid prime and use the spare points to give the warriors and raveners actual weapons?

Devours are basically cheap assault 3 heavy bolters.

You need more bodies.
Melee warriors and raveners will get shot off the table.
Get 1-2 gaunt hordes.

Only this kind of people still play in their stores

>tables you with little effort
Nothing personnel, kiddo.

>How to declare bankruptcy with ONE simple trick!

This is probably a silly question, but how accurate are those subtitles? I can never tell.

>Blue base, but highlighted green
Are there any other schemes that do this sort of thing?

But GW would have to ban like 70% of their customers.

forums.warforge.ru/index.php?showtopic=240395&st=0
>aки фopчaн нe нaвpaл, кycoк пpo Forgotten Ones ecть, Peйнoльдc хaйпит
>Taki forchans did not lie, a piece about Forgotten Ones is, Reynolds HAIPIT
>Hy вooбщe-тo, тo чтo дeфeкт "внeшний" этo кaкбэ тpy-бэк c бopoдaтых вpeмeн и дo нынeшних pyлбyкoв oт Фopджи. Кaк и тo, чтo к зapaжeнию мoгли быть пpичacтны кceнocы. Taк чтo пpoтивopeчил Peйнoльдc нe caм ceбe, a бэкy.
Дpyгoe дeлo, чтo пpиплeтaть cюдa Tpaзинa нecкoлькo coмнитeльнo - тo ecть Tpaзин, нa зape BКП, в двyх шaгaх oт Teppы cкoммyниздил тpaнcпopт c гeнoceмeнeм, зapaзил виpycoм гeнoхpaнилищa лeгиoнoв - дaлeкo нe caмый cлaбooхpaняeмый oбъeкт, и пocлe этoгo вceгo ocтaлcя пoлнocтью нeзaмeчeнным. Aх дa, и глaвный вoпpoc - зaчeм??
>Well, actually, the defect of "external" is kakbe tru-back from the bearded times and up to the current rulbuk from Forji. As well as the fact that the infection could be involved in xenos. So contradicted Reynolds not himself, but back.
Another thing is that it is a little doubtful to drag Trazin here - that is, Trazin, at the dawn of the VKP, at two steps from Terra, communicated transport with the genosemeum, infected the legionary genome virus - it is by far not the most weakly protected object, and after that everything remained completely unnoticed. Oh yeah, and the main question - why?

But my house is so dark you can't see anything

Post that one unit you wish you can field but they're too shit.

>Nid Warrior with Barbed Strangler

Absolutely not true. There are maybe 10% across all the stores I've been in and they barely spend money, use/advocate recasts and are generally unpleasant to be around.

If you have a unit where some models have Invulnerability but others don't can you choose for them to take the hit and act as tanks for your special weapon guys?

>ban 100% of their in-store customer base from their stores

Real business genius right here.

this, its quite depressing really. I wish mods didn't snooze so hard.

you can allocate wounds as you see fit, as long as you always allocated to a wounded model if there is one.

>banning the consumers that spend the big guys.
>good
Made me respond/10

Just ignore him fellas. I don't want a repeat of the last thread.

Comic sales had been in decline since the 90s boom, but were on the rise after the recession and all the movies started coming out. Those numbers have started dropping again. The 'novelty' of the movie craze wearing off is (probably?) having an effect but it's worth noting that the titles that have leaned into their identity politics the hardest are also some of the worst-selling. I'm sure there are other factors but let's not hand-wave and pretend competing agendas aren't creating a lot of division in the industry.

For your enjoyment:
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

cocни хyйцa, пeдpилa и oтпpaвляйcя oбpaтнo в cвoй зooпapк нa пeдoфopж.

The greasy fat pieces of shit that lurk around game tables make me want to stay as far away from the local GW as I can, even the LGS is infested with them, there they just play MTG
Literally enact this please, maybe then I can visit a store in peace

> Alpha legion with visible chaos mutations/markings
> Alpha legion worshipping chaos
Kill yourself.

Lets not start with the fucking comic shit again for fuck's sake

Pic-related

Incel outrage is still going strong, I see. I sincerely hope GW does implement these bans.

But without comics we wouldn't have the coolest part of the 40K lore.

That would only leave the 2 Chads and the put together fancy tranny. I guess I'm okay with that. I would watch them bang the tranny and I think most of the guys would watch that too. Just a GW store with a manager, 2 guys spitroasting a tranny while 5 fat guys stand outside jacking off. Truly a golden age of 40k.

I really quite like the Commissar that comes with the SC! boxes but they dont seem worth it at this point

>muh headcanon
Read a goddamn book, you dumb nig. Then kys. Even the codex has this.

Sure. But remember, if they fail it, you have to remove those specific models. No using one dude's Storm Shield but when he fails removing some random schmuck with a Bolter.

Bans from what? Where?

A lot of the way to play 40k is third party, so what good does a ban do?

Lets hope so, maybe one day LGS won't be a goddamn zoo.

All it will cause is shitposting and I don't think either of us want to go down that path
And even then, people shrieking about comics only bring up the M-word which has nothing to do with 40k

>its not a problem because the cool kids run my store and I'm one of them
>there is no threat, this article is imaginary
>articles about 40k don't deserve to be discussed in the 40k threads
>thought crimes are only a problem for people who think about things, this doesn't involve me

Its a good list, but here's some stuff if you really want to optimize it. I know you might have to drop your brigade, but the extra CP aren't that important IMO
>Swap both T-fexes for Exocrines/Hive Guards
>14 Stealers isnt enough to justify a Broodlord. Either get more Stealers, or swap him for a Tyranid Prime for your Warriors
>Give the Raveners Rending Claws. They need scary melee, currently they're just horde blenders. A unit of TEQs will shut them down where they stand
>Swap the Zoanthropes for Neurothropes. Trust me.
>Give the Warriors Boneswords+Deathspitters, so they're an actual threat.
>Drop the Screamer Killer, and either run Dakkafexes (quad devourer+enhanced senses) or Meleefexes (quad talons+tusks). Run at least 2 fexes, or non. Also, ALWAYS take spore cysts for fexes

fuck off with your celeb culture bullshit

Post pics from recent games.

>giving him a (You)

That gobbo's a cute
C U T E

GW should ban people who think out-of-phase movement gives you a second movement phase.

Well, the problem with this is how do you define "extreme thinking?" Somehow I doubt Spikey Bitz would want people who are extreme left would be banned, even if they're every bit as toxic as the extreme right.

Put him in your fridge m8.

I field them for command points, but Armored Sentinels. I love how they look, but they rarely do anything. They so often do nothing, that my opponents usually ignore them. They live all game and fail to do anything. Meanwhile all my favorite units will die turn 1 or 2.

I like taking a Commissar Lord with a fist or Blade of Conquest with 3 Bullgryn, an Eviserator Priest and a Primaris Psyker in a Chimera or Valkyrie. They end up being a fun mini-deathstar. Otherwise I agree, Commissars and Commissar Lords don't add much anymore which is a shame.

Everyone should ban people who think that Overwatch somehow goes back in time and takes place in the Shooting Phase

>Well, the problem with this is how do you define "extreme thinking?"
white male

Another game of mine.

All of this from one 5-man Deathwatch kit
>- 5 Deathwatch Boltguns (with shot selector)
>- 5 Deathwatch Power Swords
>- 2 Thunder Hammers
>- 1 Frag Cannon
>- 2 Storm Shields
>- 2 Shotguns
>- 1 Infernus Heavy Bolter
>- 1 Stalker-pattern Boltgun
>- 2 Power Maces
>- 1 Xenophase Blade

jontron pls go

Paint your psyker.
Otherwise, good work, soldier.

>put a flash gitz acog on one a bolter
>holy shit free stalker boltguns

user do you hate terrain?

>- 2 Shotguns
>- 1 Stalker-pattern Boltgun
And there's my problem with the kit. To get that full Shottie squad I want I'd need three boxes and to get that Stalker squad I want I'd need five boxes.

>Big structures in the corners
>Little ruins in the middle of the table
That doesn't seem like much fun.

that's some nice terrain you've got there senpai, that you're or the clubs?

although it doesn't seem like a particularly fair set up

Is we has problem witchout extremist thinking?

All of the lighter green felt counted as Forest so there was plenty of cover.
There where ruins on his side as well but he just avoided them and wanted to bum rush the guard.

Last week someone posted a conversion of a Nurgle Daemon Prince with Pandemic Staff that looked cool as fuck but I forgot to save it. Anybody have it?

Also
>all the big ruins in the Guard players deployment zone
>DG player gets literally zero terrain in his zone

I want to include Abigail the Spoiled into my army but hate his model. How ridiculous should I go when converting him?

don't ever post here again, you illiterate caveman

More

oh look its that shitposter with the same tumblr reaction gif

It’s the clubs. Wish it was mine. And it was set up with terrain on both sides but he ignored his so I didn’t even include the picture. See this one

There are already Primaris Deathwatch. games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads/K3ns3JDOGE2asjf/Primaris-week-4/IORF435R4_ENG_Primaris_Marines_Release_04_July_29th.pdf

Fridge too full and backlight makes it impossible to see

Me didn't thinking otherwise as wel.
Just gib /pol/ back to reedit.

Excuse me.

That Plague Hulk gives me eye cancer. Fucking hell, that needs two more coats of shade before you can even look at that.

They are merely pretending

>tfw want to play, but still have to wait till saturday for a chance at my first game
>tfw my army consists of all the models of one faction i currently own, to even get to 750pt
>tfw most people in the store play 1k-2k
Hopefully I find a match

I like the skeleton structure on the left, looks like a building site.

COBRAnon here, rate my current jack-of-all trades list. How could I fix it?

Emperor's COBRAs [107 PL, 2000pts]
>>Battalion Detachment
Regiment: Armageddon

Dedicated Transport
>Chimera
Dozer blade, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber

Heavy Support
>Heavy Weapons Squad
Selections: Lascannonx3

>Leman Russ Battle Tanks x2
Selections: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Lascannon, Storm Bolter

>Wyvern
Selections: Heavy Bolter, Hunter-Killer Missile

HQ
>Company Commander - COBRA commander
Chainsword, KUROV’S AQUILA, Plasma pistol

>Tank Commander, battle tank
Selections: Heavy Bolters, Lascannon, Storm Bolter

Elites
>Command Squad
Veteran w/ Special Weapon x4
Selections: Plasma gun

Troops
>Infantry Squad x2
6x Guardsman
Guardsman W/ Special Weapon
Selections: Flamer
Heavy Weapon Team
Selections: Heavy bolter
Sergeant
Selections: Boltgun

>Infantry Squad
8x Guardsman
Guardsman W/ Special Weapon
Selections: Meltagun
Sergeant
Selections: Boltgun

>>Supreme Command Detachment
Regiment: Armageddon

Lord of War
>Baneblade
Selections: Autocannon, Demolisher cannon, Twin heavy bolter
2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Selections: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy bolter

HQ
>Company Commander - Firefly
Selections: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Laspistol
>Company Commander - Copperhead
Selections: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Laspistol
>Lord Commissar - Destro
Selections: Plasma pistol, Power sword

>>Vanguard Detachment
Astra Millitarum/Imperium

HQ
>Primaris Psyker
Selections: 3) Psychic Barrier, 4) Nightshroud, Force Stave

Elites
>Callidus Assassin - Stormshadow
>Master of Ordnance
>Tech-Priest Enginseer
Selections: Servo-arm

Strategies: combine flamer squads with a commander, keep enginseer blocked by russes and baneblade. melta squad in chimera. give each solo team a commander too.

This is why I want a good Killteam to come back. So we could have a quick fun low points game.

recent 2v2

750 points is comfy as fuk dude.
It allows for stories of sergeants doing heroic shit, whereas in the higher-point games everything dies really quickly.

Help a brutha out Veeky Forums
I haven't played in several editions but have a large and current collection of models. If I were to go a 35 power level tournament where I don't know anyone, what would be a good sort of list that will be strong but no one could reasonably call WAAC? It's in a GW so I don't mind if it is actually a bit WAAC just not obviously so.
I have basically every army except necrons and admech.

ah fair enough. It was the height advantage I was referring to desu, but if he doesn't want to make use of cover that's his own silly fault.

Have the same terrain issues with my lot, it's always some thing that every intends to buy and looks super cool but there's always something for your army you'd rather spend the money on.

Lists that aren't trolling or doing something special generally get ignored, I didn't even look at your list but what makes it different from all the other Astra Militarum lists out there?